or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › /// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 33

post #961 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 View Post

I guess the PS3 doesn't work that way. I loaded the BDMV onto the root of a FAT32 USB Flash Drive. I loaded it in the PS3, hit Triangle to make it show all, and then was able to browse the file directory. I don't know what to do from there. I tried launching the files in the Stream folder. Some launched, but didn't have sound. Others didn't launch at all. I then tried replacing the index.bdmv and movieobject.bdmv using the ones in the Index and Movie files folder, but that didn't help. I stuck it in the PS3 and got the same result.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I'll fiddle with the file on my PS3 when I get a chance to see if there are any tricks to getting it to work.
post #962 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

Anyone in here have a bluray burner and willing to burn me a copy of this BD50 as well as the Scubasteve demo disc?
Obviously I'm willing to pay you, can be done through paypal. PM me if you could help out.
Also if this is not allowed here mods just let me know and delete the thread.

Wait............you mean delete your post instead of the thread...........right?

LOL........sorry man.......I just can't resist to say it..............tongue.gif
post #963 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Wait............you mean delete your post instead of the thread...........right?
LOL........sorry man.......I just can't resist to say it..............tongue.gif

LOL yea my bad hah. I just burnt the BD9 of the Bass one gonna go see if it works. The Animation one didn't work in my PS3 but the Visual one did. Hope this one works.
post #964 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

LOL yea my bad hah. I just burnt the BD9 of the Bass one gonna go see if it works. The Animation one didn't work in my PS3 but the Visual one did. Hope this one works.

I burned the animation yesterday and it played well on my Oppo. I'll try it in my PS3 fatty and I'll post back........wait, dinner is ready, so it will be done in the next hour or so........wink.gif
post #965 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

I burned the animation yesterday and it played well on my Oppo. I'll try it in my PS3 fatty and I'll post back........wait, dinner is ready, so it will be done in the next hour or so........wink.gif

The Bass one worked for me. I replaced the files for all 3 of my burns.

Also, the sound cuts out on some of the clips. But if I pause it then resume it, it comes back fine. I wonder if it is because my media is old. These blanks are probably 2 years old.
post #966 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

The Bass one worked for me. I replaced the files for all 3 of my burns.
Also, the sound cuts out on some of the clips. But if I pause it then resume it, it comes back fine. I wonder if it is because my media is old. These blanks are probably 2 years old.

No go on the animation disc in the PS3. Error 80029906.

Glad I have the Oppo to play these discs though.
post #967 of 1344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

The Bass one worked for me. I replaced the files for all 3 of my burns.
Also, the sound cuts out on some of the clips. But if I pause it then resume it, it comes back fine. I wonder if it is because my media is old. These blanks are probably 2 years old.

No go on the animation disc in the PS3. Error 80029906.

Glad I have the Oppo to play these discs though.

If you want full compatibility with the PS3 you can run the BDMV folder through MultiAVCHD. It will give you the correct structure for the PS3 to recognize it as a AVCHD disc with full menu functionality.

I did not test any of the Reference segments using the MultiAVCHD but I did some testing on a Reference 2 BD disc segment (hint, hint) :roll eyes: and it played perfectly with full menus.
post #968 of 1344
Just stumbled upon this thread. Grabbing the full BD50.
post #969 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecund View Post

Thanks for this! Now I just need to find the same for the animation disc and I'd be set.

Did you get it? I am about to free up some space on server which includes removal of the animation disc.....very soon...please confirm wink.gif
post #970 of 1344
Thanks for this! Just downloaded the zip file and downloading via uTorrent. It will definitely be nice to have a reference bluray disc for home theatre and especially the bass scenes for when I get my new sub. Took me a little to get this going since I'm new to the whole torrent thingy.

Much thanks for the links and work to get the movies and clips put together....
post #971 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

If you want full compatibility with the PS3 you can run the BDMV folder through MultiAVCHD. It will give you the correct structure for the PS3 to recognize it as a AVCHD disc with full menu functionality.
I did not test any of the Reference segments using the MultiAVCHD but I did some testing on a Reference 2 BD disc segment (hint, hint) :roll eyes: and it played perfectly with full menus.

I didn't know that, so thanks for the tip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

Thanks for this! Just downloaded the zip file and downloading via uTorrent. It will definitely be nice to have a reference bluray disc for home theatre and especially the bass scenes for when I get my new sub. Took me a little to get this going since I'm new to the whole torrent thingy.
Much thanks for the links and work to get the movies and clips put together....

Cool. So, what sub are you buying?
post #972 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

What about trying this link to get the animation disc - limited time offer... wink.gif
http://kringlyd.no/bluraydemo/animationdisc/all_in_one/

Which animation disc is that? The one from earlier in this thread? I am wondering because I already have that one, and at 14 kbs download, I didn't want to suck up that limited bandwidth from someone else.
post #973 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Cool. So, what sub are you buying?

I've been saving for awhile and wanted to upgrade my sub to something bigger but ended up going even bigger than I had originally intended and was way out my budget. The wife was none too happy so I had to give up a few things this coming year in return. So no more gadgets for awhile. smile.gif

Anyhow I ended up purchasing the new PSA XS30. Now I can't wait for it to ship out. Always wanted to feel that chest thump while watching movies at home.

The reference disc is a good way to show off the system when guests come over that's for sure.
post #974 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

I've been saving for awhile and wanted to upgrade my sub to something bigger but ended up going even bigger than I had originally intended and was way out my budget. The wife was none too happy so I had to give up a few things this coming year in return. So no more gadgets for awhile. smile.gif
Anyhow I ended up purchasing the new PSA XS30. Now I can't wait for it to ship out. Always wanted to feel that chest thump while watching movies at home.
The reference disc is a good way to show off the system when guests come over that's for sure.

That sub is pretty cool. One of the co-founder of Power Sound Audio was part of the original crew at SVS. So, I have no doubt your subwoofer will totally please you.

As soon you have your demo disc + PSA X30 combo, you will have to try the bass section of the disc. The main ones are WOW and Cloverfield.....fun times for you ahead.

Cheers!!!
post #975 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

Which animation disc is that? The one from earlier in this thread? I am wondering because I already have that one, and at 14 kbs download, I didn't want to suck up that limited bandwidth from someone else.

Yes, it's the same animation disc - sorry about your limited bandwidth - but it looks a bit different here...

post #976 of 1344
Hey there,

many thanks for the 2 http://kringlyd.no links! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Is there any chance that you put can up the other 3 discs on kringlyd.no - also for a limited time?

Thank you very much! Even if it's not possible - of course. smile.gif
post #977 of 1344
Thanks to superleo for this disc and thanks to all the seeders. I got the full 37GB disc downloaded in about 30 hours. Burned it to a BD50 with my LG WH12LS30 and works fine in my Panny DMP-BDT110.
post #978 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike shadow View Post

Hey there,
many thanks for the 2 http://kringlyd.no links! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Is there any chance that you put can up the other 3 discs on kringlyd.no - also for a limited time?
Thank you very much! Even if it's not possible - of course. smile.gif

Thank you....limited time? Will try to keep it up and running until end of this year...

Preparing upload of the Surround Disc...stay tuned wink.gif
post #979 of 1344
Hey. Great news. Thanks. smile.gif

Do you kringlyd guys have your own Demo Disc besides the 5 superleo discs from this thread?

What is this about?
http://kringlyd.no/waterfall/Demo_Bluray_2013.jpg

smile.gif
post #980 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Thank you....limited time? Will try to keep it up and running until end of this year...
Preparing upload of the Surround Disc...stay tuned wink.gif

Surround Disc is loaded...maybe try this one?

http://kringlyd.no/bluraydemo/surrounddisc/all_in_one/
post #981 of 1344
I'm on it. Thank you smile.gif
post #982 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike shadow View Post

Hey. Great news. Thanks. smile.gif
Do you kringlyd guys have your own Demo Disc besides the 5 superleo discs from this thread?

Yes, we have made some Demo-Discs since 2003, both CD's with extractions of music to calibrate stereo-systems and DVD's with extractions to demonstrate homecinemas - at it's best smile.gif

This is Demo DVD from 2008...

Demo_DVD_2008.jpg
Edited by Flageborg - 12/28/12 at 8:33am
post #983 of 1344
Very nice. smile.gif How many Blu-Ray Demo discs have you created? Any chance to get hands on them? smile.gif
post #984 of 1344
Call me crazy, but to avoid lack of confusion, shouldn't each demo disc have its own thread? Co-location of the kringlyd disc on the superleo thread is sure to confuse folks new to this thread.
post #985 of 1344

Absolutely. But if such an item is available, a link here would be GREATLY appreciated!

post #986 of 1344
I can't find the torrent files anywhere.

The primary download site wants to extract an EXE (I let it, in a sandbox) which then searches but turns up a million hits and none of them look correct.

The 2shared link never loads for me.

Any reason the torrent links can't just be posted in this thread?
post #987 of 1344
Thread Starter 
Reference_Links_Complete.zip.txt 188k .txt file


Just delete the .TXT extension and unzip
post #988 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Yes, it's the same animation disc - sorry about your limited bandwidth - but it looks a bit different here...

It isn't "my limited bandwidth" as I get a LOT faster D/L speeds than that for everything else. tongue.gif Torrents are multiple MB/s (bytes, not bits), so it is the source sharing amount (could have been several others grabbing it) plus the international jumps to the USA from the source. I just tried the link again for kicks, and I am getting about 60kB/s with some spikes up to 500+ kB/s...

Oh well, it looks like it is the same as what I already had a while back, but I wonder if others are having issues with "their limited bandwidth." At least you were kind enough to share it for others. That was very nice. smile.gif
post #989 of 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

Reference_Links_Complete.zip.txt 188k .txt file
Just delete the .TXT extension and unzip

Just in case anyone is wondering, the .ZIP is password protected.
post #990 of 1344

From post 2 (it's always a good idea to go to the first few posts for updates, especially for an on-going project such as this):

"The zip file is also password protected. The password to (sic) un-zipped the file is "AVSFORUM" (with out the quotes of course)."

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › /// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\