or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › sony kdl 52xbr4 ....want the lifelike picture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

sony kdl 52xbr4 ....want the lifelike picture

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hi all

I got this TV specifically for the lifelike picture I saw in the store, and I used to be able to see it on my HD channels via my fios TV and HDMI.

Now I don't have that picture, no matter what I try, no matter what settings I find on this site, I can't get that "lifelike" picture, like where its bright, and the individual people stand out as if you could reach out and grab them you know?

Bright and crisp. I don't know how they do it in the stores but I have a HD feed, and an HDMI cable

Can anybody please help me?

Thanks
post #2 of 8
In stores they have the displays in torch (store) mode, which really brightens the screen to make it stick out but not good in home setting. Second, some stores play really good blu ray material and not compressed HD signals. Have your tried blu ray material on your tv? Also get your tv professionally calibrated to make the picture stand out.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Thanks:-)

I like that torch mode, if that's what it is. I have tried bluray, will try more tomorrow......
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post

Thanks:-)

I like that torch mode, if that's what it is. I have tried bluray, will try more tomorrow......

Yep, just turn the settings to 100 and maximum and there you have it.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post

Hi all

I got this TV specifically for the lifelike picture I saw in the store, and I used to be able to see it on my HD channels via my fios TV and HDMI.

sounds like you prefer the fake look of the Soap Opera Effect?
turn motionflow on hi and try cinemotion on auto 1
post #6 of 8
Hello Dakota74,

Good afternoon! My name is Amanda Maffei and I work for the SonyListens department. I would recommend clicking this link: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...4519&stateId=1 0 416816493 for troubleshooting tips for HDMI. And if you have more questions/concerns please let us know by calling: 239-768-7547 Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

I hope this helps. Thank you! =)

-Amanda Maffei

SonyListens team
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post

Thanks:-)

I like that torch mode, if that's what it is. I have tried bluray, will try more tomorrow......

It will be called Vivid, Dynamic, or something of that sort.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

In stores they have the displays in torch (store) mode, which really brightens the screen to make it stick out but not good in home setting. Second, some stores play really good blu ray material and not compressed HD signals. Have your tried blu ray material on your tv? Also get your tv professionally calibrated to make the picture stand out.

I personally agree with this but the OP's definition of a lifelike picture sounds like the extreme opposite of a pro calibrated picture, aka Vivid/Dynamic pic mode.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › sony kdl 52xbr4 ....want the lifelike picture