or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › New Onkyo AVR Models TX-NRx14, x15, x16, x17?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Onkyo AVR Models TX-NRx14, x15, x16, x17? - Page 3

post #61 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurpjohnson View Post


Well, I've been looking at Onkyo and Denon flagships. The 616 caught my attention with its mention of 9-channel support, so I wanted to know more. Sounds like it's jus a gimmick, however.

So if Onkyo is lowering its quality, I don't want to be there. But if I'm going to keep support for my 9.1 setup -- which I like a lot -- it looks like Denon, Onkyo or Marantz. Which would YOU be looking at? is there another option I don't know about?

Yamaha is among the best in terms of quality and they offer 9.2 in their top tier of avr's, but you would get ypao room correction rather than audysey.
post #62 of 99
I guess waiting for the 717 specs until April is probably not a bad thing, though not sure if the current discounted prices for the 709 are already at the lowest discounted price.

I agree the 809 is a better bet, though it may be an overkill for me.
post #63 of 99
Well here's an idea of MSRP courtesy of a large BM retailer

7.2 channel TX-NR717 = $959
7.2 channel TX-NR818 = $1119
9.2 channel TX-NR1010 = $1642
9.2 channel TX-NR3010 = $2099
9.2 channel TX-NR5010 = $2738
post #64 of 99
I'm confused on onkyo's website the overview claims that the 616 has 3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry, but their features sheet for the 616 is blank for this option. Can anyone say definitively that the 616 does or doesn't have this feature?
post #65 of 99
Looks like Onkyo pushed the release dates quite significantly:
TX-NR515: 04/09
TX-NR616: 05/07
Maybe they have problems with something or they hope this will improve sales for 2011 lineup models. I wanted to upgrade from a 608, but I don't want to wait until 616/818 become available. I'll look at some Yamaha or Denon AVRs and see what I can find interesting.
post #66 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam01 View Post

I guess waiting for the 717 specs until April is probably not a bad thing, though not sure if the current discounted prices for the 709 are already at the lowest discounted price.

I agree the 809 is a better bet, though it may be an overkill for me.

I guess the specs announcement will also suffer a delay. See my post above. From what I see, the prices for 2011 models are going up at the moment, so unfortunately the next two months will not be good for a Onkyo purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgow View Post

I'm confused on onkyo's website the overview claims that the 616 has 3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry, but their features sheet for the 616 is blank for this option. Can anyone say definitively that the 616 does or doesn't have this feature?

Well, no one knows that for sure until the model will be released and reviewed. It should have at that price level, especially since the MSRP has gone up $100. Onkyo keeps putting pieces of iformation on their websites and sometimes the specs differ from website to website. I know there are different specs in european versions, but incomplete/wrong info in specs pages have been seen before.
post #67 of 99
i just got the Onkyo TX-NR414 receiver with wireless reciever last week paired with Onkyo SKS-HT690 5.1 speakers. Now this is my first for a home theater other than i had a 7 year old kenwood and a jvc before that. But im impressed with it. I did buy some Pioneer SP-BS21-LR to go up front. But so far the 414 iws doing it job i would of got the 616 but wasnt for sale yet. I actually got the 414 for 371 on amazon not bad price and only paid 180 for the onkyo speakers and 49 for the pioneers on newegg. So im always heard about onkyo finally got one


Also any suggestions to settings and setting it up im sure im missed somethings trying to tune it
post #68 of 99
Could not wait for the 717 any longer. Decided to get the 709 as I originally intended, finally. Should be arriving this week. Over to the 709 thread now. I am upgrading from an old Pioneer Elite 24TX, so this is going to be fun.
post #69 of 99
The TX-NR717 and TX-NR818 just showed up on the receiver page at onkyousa.com.

http://www.onkyousa.com/prod_class.c...Source=hdrmenu

Audyssey 2EQ on the 717 seems like an odd decision.
post #70 of 99
Does it look like they have made the 717 less of an upgrade to the 709, perhaps not to cannibalize 818 sales, like they may have had with 709 & 809? If that is the case, I sure am glad i got my 709!
post #71 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam01 View Post

Does it look like they have made the 717 less of an upgrade to the 709, perhaps not to cannibalize 818 sales, like they may have had with 709 & 809? If that is the case, I sure am glad i got my 709!

I have been waiting on ordering a 609 or 709 (or 2112 ...), but wanted to see the latest models first. I'm glad I held off. It looks like getting 609/709 on clearance will be a real bargain.
post #72 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns&motorcycles View Post


I have been waiting on ordering a 609 or 709 (or 2112 ...), but wanted to see the latest models first. I'm glad I held off. It looks like getting 609/709 on clearance will be a real bargain.

Minus the fact that if they were late production they will need repaired before they're even opened. Several people on other sites have recieved the recalled recievers. Only to find out that the next unit that was sent to replace their original also has a bad serial number. It just seems like a mess to me, even if it is a 'bargain.'
post #73 of 99
Since I just ordered a 709 from A4L, which should be here in a day or two, what is this recall and bad serial number issue?
post #74 of 99
It deals with the unit powering itself off automatically and occasional static coming from the speakers. Check the Onkyo website for more info and to run your serial number through their system.

A member of another forum recieved a bad unit from accesories for less and Onkyo told them to return it to A4L and have them ship another unit. After recieving that one they ran the SN and it is bad too.
post #75 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post

It deals with the unit powering itself off automatically and occasional static coming from the speakers. Check the Onkyo website for more info and to run your serial number through their system.

A member of another forum recieved a bad unit from accesories for less and Onkyo told them to return it to A4L and have them ship another unit. After recieving that one they ran the SN and it is bad too.

Thanks a whole lot. I am very disappointed in A4L for sending out recalled units. Hopefully they have corrected that. But the saying goes - Trust but Verify. Will check before I even open the unit assuming the SN is on the box.
post #76 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam01 View Post


Thanks a whole lot. I am very disappointed in A4L for sending out recalled units. Hopefully they have corrected that. But the saying goes - Trust but Verify. Will check before I even open the unit assuming the SN is on the box.

The SN is on the box. I think the issue is more with Onkyo not letting storefronts swap out bad avrs, as they want the unit to be sold, then repaired at a later date, or not at all if the customer doesn't realize it has been recalled.
post #77 of 99
Copied from the Onkyo Website:

High-End Home Theater Performance Starts Here

This Onkyo network receiver is a winner in three areas. Firstly, its video performance is unrivalled. An HQV® Vida™ VHD1900 processor upscales content to 1080p, with Qdeo™ technology taking full HD out to an eye-popping 4K. An ISF system calibrates video from all inputs to industry standards, and the resulting picture is spectacular. Secondly, audio performance is unmatched, as proven by THX® Select2 Plus™

certification. The receiver delivers power effortlessly through three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and 192 kHz/24-bit DACs. Finally, you get more setup flexibility. There are eight HDMI® inputs—including an MHL for smart phones—and two outputs. Two USB ports connect iPod®/iPhone® and LAN adaptor, enabling wireless PC and online audio. Three mind-blowing sound expansion systems are included—Audyssey DSX®, DTS Neo:X™, and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz—assisted by Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room correction. Digital crossover processing, front channel bi-amping capability, and three-zone audio distribution grant the freedom to customize. With new InstaPrevue™ input selection technology and intuitive system control via iPhone and Android phone, now is the time to upgrade to an Onkyo.

Special Features

8in/2out HDMI Support for 3D Video and Audio Return Channel
THX Select2 Plus Certified
Network Capability Delivers Internet Radio and Network Streaming
Dual Core Video Engine w/ HQV Vida and Marvell Qdeo™ Processing
MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) for Smart Phone Content on HDTV
Picture-in-Picture Input Source Preview with InstaPrevue™ Technology
Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
Onkyo Remote App for iPod/iPhone
DTS Neo:X, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz and Audyssey DSX Add New Dimensions to Surround Sound
Hybrid Standby Function to Reduce Power Consumption



Anyone else find it weird that the 717 has 2EQ and the 818 has XT32?
post #78 of 99
I do agree it is weird. If it is not a marketing move to sell more 818, then it has to be a posting error that will be corrected soon.
post #79 of 99
XT32 at that price point is very, very nice. Props to Onkyo
post #80 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam01 View Post

I do agree it is weird. If it is not a marketing move to sell more 818, then it has to be a posting error that will be corrected soon.

Something's up. If you look at all the branding icons underneath the photo of the 818 you'll notice the Audyssey one says "2EQ" under it, not XT32. XT32 at that price point would be great, but I'd be very surprised. And no aluminum front panel? That's ghetto at that price point.
post #81 of 99
yea something is up, I suspect its just an error that will be fixed ,but in the features tab on the 818 it does say xt32
post #82 of 99
The specs on the website seem questionable. Earlier today the site said that the 818 was 9.2. I hope 2EQ in the 717 is a typo ... Same for the 616 for that matter.
post #83 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

Something's up. If you look at all the branding icons underneath the photo of the 818 you'll notice the Audyssey one says "2EQ" under it, not XT32. XT32 at that price point would be great, but I'd be very surprised. And no aluminum front panel? That's ghetto at that price point.

I saw that as well and figured that was the typo. Why would they go backwards with a model line? My 805 has XT and that will obviously be very outdated when the new 818 hits!

This happens every year with Onkyo products first hitting their website. Always a few mistakes that look like bad copy and paste. I wouldn't be shocked to see XT32 in the 800 series. I would be shocked to see 2EQ though. Give it a few weeks and it should all be cleared up!
post #84 of 99
I wonder if this means that my 809 which is "on order" at JR.com will never arrrive....
post #85 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns&motorcycles View Post

The specs on the website seem questionable. Earlier today the site said that the 818 was 9.2. I hope 2EQ in the 717 is a typo ... Same for the 616 for that matter.

Onkyo...and denon...always has typos on their product pages...
post #86 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post

I wonder if this means that my 809 which is "on order" at JR.com will never arrrive....

Cancel your J&R order and get it from Newegg instead. Not sure what J&R charged you for your 809, but Newegg has it for $729 which seems like a good deal to me.
post #87 of 99
Good news: 515 lands in Europe and is already available at Amazon Germany
Bad news: the price is still at MSRP so no price cuts here

European Onkyo websites state Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 for 818 and 2EQ for 717 . Hope this is just a typo in the good ol' Onkyo tradition.
Judging quickly from the specs, the 818 is a 1009 updated with the latest glittering features, and a slight price increase from $1099 to $1119, both MSRP.
post #88 of 99
It may not be a typo after all. Just read the Onkyo press release and it definitely states that the 717 is 2EQ and the 818 XT32!!!
http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=254

In that case, if PR did not mess up and it is not a typo, Onkyo may be trying a variation of the Denon strategy in their xx12 series of AVRs, for it's 2012 line.
post #89 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post


Cancel your J&R order and get it from Newegg instead. Not sure what J&R charged you for your 809, but Newegg has it for $729 which seems like a good deal to me.

Amazon has the NR809 for $694.
post #90 of 99
Looking at the 709 or RC370, any recommendations on the best price?

I saw that back in December there were some deals around $489.00 for the 09 and $449 for the RC370.

Anything like this or better now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › New Onkyo AVR Models TX-NRx14, x15, x16, x17?