or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic 65" ST30 - Costco vs Fry's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic 65" ST30 - Costco vs Fry's

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I bought the TC-65PST34 from Costco a few days ago for $2000 but found the TC-P65ST30 at Fry's for $1500. Based on other threads, they are the same model... Costco just gets their own model number.

Costco generally has fantastic prices so I'm wondering why there's a $500 difference. All I can think of is the warranty. The tv comes with 1 year, Costco tacks on 1 more, and I bought a 3-year plan for $100, giving me a total of 5 years coverage. Fry's sells a 4 year contract for $529 but I'm not sure if that's 4 more years or 4 years total.

Are warranties generally that expensive? Are they good to have for plasma tvs? (this is my first). I'm tempted to return the tv to Costco and buy it from Fry's. What are your thoughts?
post #2 of 16
The best thing about Costco is that you can purchase the 3 year ext warranty even if you bought your tv from a different retailer. You just have to bring your receipt (from Fry's) within 60 days from purchase. Also many credit cards (American Express/Visa) will give you an additional 1 year added to the TV warranty. so if you purchase the tv from fry's you can still get 5 years of coverage and save $500.00.
post #3 of 16
how do u do so in store or on phone for the warranty cause sears is way to expensive
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusJak View Post

Costco generally has fantastic prices so I'm wondering why there's a $500 difference.

Fry's sometimes has great sale prices...this just happens to be one of those times.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Smith View Post

Fry's sometimes has great sale prices...this just happens to be one of those times.

It didn't even have a red sale sign, just the regular yellow one. Crazy. I wish Costco price-matched.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjak View Post

i wish costco price-matched.

+1!!!!
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger View Post

how do u do so in store or on phone for the warranty cause sears is way to expensive

As long as you are a Costco member go onto costco website and search square trade or you have to go into the Costco store, go by where the tvs are sold and you will see the square trade warranty brochure. bring the brochure to checkout. TV's over $1,000 are $99.99 for 3 years, for tv's $500.00 to 1,000 it's only $59.99 for 3 years.
post #8 of 16
Damn, ordered yesterday for store pick up after calling them make sure it's in stock, now they said they sold them. the heck.
post #9 of 16
for those with a Frys local to them, Amazon will price match them ($1499 + $50 delivery) if the Frys is showing them as in stock
post #10 of 16
Sweeet, thanks for the amazon tip! even though my local store didn't have any in stock, Amazon was able to pricematch
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsabre View Post

for those with a Frys local to them, Amazon will price match them ($1499 + $50 delivery) if the Frys is showing them as in stock

So...do you know what Amazon considers local? I'm guessing an hour and a half away is too far...
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

So...do you know what Amazon considers local? I'm guessing an hour and a half away is too far...

I think it's 25 mile radius, though it depends on the CSR, some will go all state.
post #13 of 16
Anyone have a link to the costco set ? Why am I only seeing the 60st30
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFOOTBALL33 View Post

Anyone have a link to the costco set ? Why am I only seeing the 60st30

I don't think they have it anymore
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFOOTBALL33 View Post

Anyone have a link to the costco set ? Why am I only seeing the 60st30

CostCo Store Stock does not always equal CostCo Online Stock - particularly as quantities on any given item come close to selling out.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr View Post

CostCo Store Stock does not always equal CostCo Online Stock - particularly as quantities on any given item come close to selling out.

aah gotcha thanks. I did notice two sets in store I didnt see online.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic 65" ST30 - Costco vs Fry's