or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D excessive crosstalk?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D excessive crosstalk?

post #1 of 60
Thread Starter 
Hey guys:

Hardware:

Panasonic PT-AE7000U
Panasonic 3D glasses Generation 3 (latest gen available as of Feb, 2012)
Denon AVR-3312CI
Panasonic BDT-210 Blu-ray player
Seymour Screen Excellence 4K 1.0 gain


I had excessive crosstalk during the latter half of this movie, especially on buildings or fences. I found a KILLER scene for crosstalk and snapped this photo with my iPhone through the left lens of the glasses:



This scene is right after the end credits start, with Francis/John talking. The guys in the background especially show the worst crosstalk I've ever seen.

I then put on Cars 2 3D Blu-ray and had zero crosstalk, so what's going on here? I hadn't read about Transformers 3 having this issue, so.... I'm thoroughly confused!

Thanks for any help, guys...
post #2 of 60
Crosstalk is a display issue so this disc must be a challenging one for your 7000. I had very little ghosting on this particular title.
post #3 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Crosstalk is a display issue so this disc must be a challenging one for your 7000. I had very little ghosting on this particular title.

Very disappointing.
post #4 of 60
Did you also notice the brightness issue discussed elsewhere?
post #5 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDeadlyxX View Post

Did you also notice the brightness issue discussed elsewhere?

You know, my friend and I did notice something after maybe an hour or so. I'm not sure, but it definitely felt like the image was dimmer after a while. But then again I was so distracted by the crosstalk in the second half that I wasn't paying as much attention as I usually do.
post #6 of 60
Yeh I can't get over the fact none of the reviewers picked it up.

At least the audio on this movie is non-controversial, it is amazing. Pretty sure they ported over the same 7.1 truehd track from the 2D release, it did not need 'remastering'
post #7 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

You know, my friend and I did notice something after maybe an hour or so. I'm not sure, but it definitely felt like the image was dimmer after a while. But then again I was so distracted by the crosstalk in the second half that I wasn't paying as much attention as I usually do.

I noticed the brightness issue as well. Apparently it starts to dim around the 42 minute mark from the info in the thread in the blu ray forum

Agreed on the audio. At least they got that right. One of the best on blu IMO!
post #8 of 60
I had no cross talk or other issues watching Transformers 3D. It was just slow and boring to me. Rise of the Apes 3D was another story. During an extended preview, the film had lots of cross talk and seemed to almost jump at some scenes. Nearly unwatchable.
post #9 of 60
FBlack, what components are in your system ??
post #10 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

I had no cross talk or other issues watching Transformers 3D. It was just slow and boring to me. Rise of the Apes 3D was another story. During an extended preview, the film had lots of cross talk and seemed to almost jump at some scenes. Nearly unwatchable.

Rise Of The Apes 3D? Do you mean you did the 2D to 3D thing?
post #11 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Rise Of The Apes 3D? Do you mean you did the 2D to 3D thing?

Not exactly sure what it was. A friend previewed it for me on his 3D TV from a USB drive. The file was called : Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2011 3D 1080p Half-SBS .mkv (8.9 GB)
post #12 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

I had no cross talk or other issues watching Transformers 3D. It was just slow and boring to me. Rise of the Apes 3D was another story. During an extended preview, the film had lots of cross talk and seemed to almost jump at some scenes. Nearly unwatchable.

I watched Transformers 3D on both my UN65D8000 and an LG 55LW5600. Both had nice 3D.
post #13 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post


Not exactly sure what it was. A friend previewed it for me on his 3D TV from a USB drive. The file was called : Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2011 3D 1080p Half-SBS .mkv (8.9 GB)

That's interesting. Rise of the planet of the apes wasn't a 3D film. I'm really curious about that
post #14 of 60
You watched a fake pirated placebo 3D version of Planet of the Apes.
post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

You watched a fake pirated placebo 3D version of Planet of the Apes.

As I said earlier. It was pretty bad.
post #16 of 60
This title was crystal clear for me. No crosstalk detected.
post #17 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I found a KILLER scene for crosstalk and snapped this photo with my iPhone through the left lens of the glasses:

Thanks for the photo, this is a typically challenging scene: dark objects on a bright background. The issue is that the pixels in your display aren't able to switch between fully bright and fully dark fast enough.
post #18 of 60
Thread Starter 
Well it's just odd that it was so bad in this movie. Definitely makes me wonder if my PT-AE7000U is bad and it's supposed to be very good with 3D, what are other people with lesser displays seeing?
post #19 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

You watched a fake pirated placebo 3D version of Planet of the Apes.

+1!

Ed
post #20 of 60


Some of the converted shots do have layer separation artifacts on challenging material but that one is actually fine.


(the top of the gun has a slight halo effect)
post #21 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WirelessGuru View Post

This title was crystal clear for me. No crosstalk detected.

+1 just watched today, didn't have any crosstalk ether.
post #22 of 60
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the replies. What are you all watching on?
post #23 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post



Some of the converted shots do have layer separation artifacts on challenging material but that one is actually fine.


(the top of the gun has a slight halo effect)

People were saying the movie seems to get darker as time goes on. The 3D version is definitely darker there. Did you notice if it was brighter at the beginning?
post #24 of 60
I noticed a FEW scenes showing crosstalk on my Optoma HD33 projector; but very few.
The moon against a dark sky for one instance.

Will go back and look at the scenes shown above.

Need to try it on my Panasonic VT 3D plasma and report; don't have 3rd gen Panasonic glasses as of yet.

Those that haven't noticed any crosstalk, what are your source components???

The sound track is excellent IMHO.
post #25 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

People were saying the movie seems to get darker as time goes on. The 3D version is definitely darker there. Did you notice if it was brighter at the beginning?

I noticed this.
post #26 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

People were saying the movie seems to get darker as time goes on. The 3D version is definitely darker there. Did you notice if it was brighter at the beginning?

I also noticed this, and it is significant. Sucks they found a way to **** this transfer up. I was really looking forward to it. Maybe they will offer a replacement program
post #27 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

People were saying the movie seems to get darker as time goes on. The 3D version is definitely darker there. Did you notice if it was brighter at the beginning?

Definitely brighter at the beginning to my eyes. It seems to stay at a normal type brightness up to the 42.xx minute area according to the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Thanks for the replies. What are you all watching on?

There is nothing defective with your 7000. While I did not have much ghosting on this title (I did have some), some discs give my RS40/45 fits! Dinosaurs Giants of Patagonia is unwatchable on both my 40/45 If you want ghost free, DLP is the only way to go right now unfortunately. I know you mentioned in another thread about moving to a X30 which would be a lateral move at best and might even be a step backwards overall as far as ghosting in particular is concerned (I have not seen the 7000 so I cant compare, but the RS40/45 ghosts PLENTY).
post #28 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Thanks for the replies. What are you all watching on?

I am using a 2009 model year Mitsibishi DLP, Panasonic Player outputing checkerboard format, and DLP-Link glasses. i can't say that I have never seen ghosting, just not with this setup on this particular movie.
post #29 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Definitely brighter at the beginning to my eyes. It seems to stay at a normal type brightness up to the 42.xx minute area according to the other thread.



There is nothing defective with your 7000. While I did not have much ghosting on this title (I did have some), some discs give my RS40/45 fits! Dinosaurs Giants of Patagonia is unwatchable on both my 40/45 If you want ghost free, DLP is the only way to go right now unfortunately. I know you mentioned in another thread about moving to a X30 which would be a lateral move at best and might even be a step backwards overall as far as ghosting in particular is concerned (I have not seen the 7000 so I cant compare, but the RS40/45 ghosts PLENTY).

Thanks for the replies, all.

I have ghosting in pretty much everything, sadly. You should check out my slew of posts recently in the Panasonic thread, with screenshots galore...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21627432
post #30 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

Thanks for the replies, all.

I have ghosting in pretty much everything, sadly. You should check out my slew of posts recently in the Panasonic thread, with screenshots galore...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21627432

Sorry to hear that and I am in a similar boat (I feel your pain!). My RS40 became that way in the 300-400 hour range and I fear my 45 will do the same. Blu ray 3d is just acceptable in general for me with the 45 (the ghosting and flicker both bring down the presentation significantly) for blu ray 3d, but side by side and top/bottom content for the most part is not even worth it the ghosting is so distracting Sounds like the Epson 5010 is a significant improvement in this area and I am curious what zombie finds with the time stamps you gave in the other thread.

I am looking forward to the next round of JVCs to see if they make some REAL improvements as far as ghosting/flicker..........this year was a joke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D excessive crosstalk?