Originally Posted by HD-Master
I ordered the i1D3 and it will be here tomorrow. I just have a quick question. Within HCFR, you calibrate the meter using a 30 IRE window...correct?
That's what I do anyway... Don't really know if it's needed.
The process for the i1D3/i1Display Pro that I use is:
1. Start up HCFR
2. Do a new calibration and "click through" all the initial dialog.
3. Start a continuous reading and just let it sit there for 10 minutes.
4. Stop the reading.
5. Close the project and start a new project.
6. Configure for DVD manual.
7. Set to a 30% pattern and "Calibrate Meter".
8. Start calibrating after making sure all the other recommendations are set.
Advanced -> Preferences -> General -> Uncheck "Use measured colors (when available)"
Advanced -> Preferences -> References -> Make sure Color Space is HDTV - Rec 709 with the white point set to D65.
Advanced -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Make sure "Do not use luminance in delta E formula" is checked.
Also, you'll want to make sure you're using the proper CCSS file for your display... (Do a search in this thread for i1d3ccss.exe) I only found out about this recently.