or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 51

post #1501 of 3446
Quote:
There are spyder2en.exe spyder4en.exe executables for those meters, how does one enable a spyder3?

Hi,

Neither the Spyder3 nor the Spyder4 need anything to enable them - they don't use downloadable firmware.

spyder4en.exe makes available additional display calibrations for the Spyder4. You don't have to use them - you can use .ccss files with the Spyder4 instead/as well if you wish, if you're using the ArgyllCMS driver.
post #1502 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post

I read that you need old version of spyder3.dll (from spyder3expres 3.0.1 or older) to get it work with HCFR, seems that you have it and I can´t find it, so please could you upload it (just that spyder3.dll file) ?
I don´t need that but few others would be grateful to get Spyder3 work with HCFR.

Hi, i downloaded spyder 3 from here, http://www.fiberdownload.com/Download/18707/Spyder3Elite then installed and activated it using my license code for spyder3elite,copied spyder3.dll like you said to the hcfr directory and that's how it worked. I still get some errors but it is working fine.I could have used my cd for the spyder3elite software but somehow it's not working on my cd dvd drivers even though 2 years ago it worked fine.
post #1503 of 3446
Thread Starter 
As an alternative to the vendor driver you can use the Argyll drivers as Graeme mentioned. In the device control panel click update driver and navigate to your HCFR folder\drivers and then choose spyder3
post #1504 of 3446
Hello zoyd,

I appreciate all of your work here.


I need one favour please.
Since I downloaded the last updated file from you. my HCFR tweaks me crazy.
I use a C6 on a plasma, test patterns are not fully available any longer
And one more main thing is, in the setting area I cant choose the plasma, there are still all blanket in the area of Display type.
it seems that something happend to the installation process?
How do I get back a full working HCFR now?

best regards from Germany smile.gif
post #1505 of 3446
Thread Starter 
I need a little more information. Have you installed the latest .zip or .exe from sourceforge (last uploaded 2/19)?

What does it mean that "test patterns are not fully available"? I have not changed the view images code.

Are you using the english or german version? Some updates might not be available in the other languages yet.
post #1506 of 3446
Hello zoyd,

I' using the last .exe
Executed from the unzipped folder.

All from sourceforge, yes. Latest version.
Some testpattern are just turn out with a blackscreen on the TV, seems that there is no picture on many buttons behind.
Ya, i'm using the exe in german language installed.
Win 7
64 bit
Do you have a recommendation how to fully uninstall and clear the system for a new clean setup?
I already tried to uninstall through the System Manager and then executed the last .exe.
Did not work out.

Thank you for helping here.

Regards.
post #1507 of 3446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-Freak II View Post

Hello zoyd,

I' using the last .exe
Executed from the unzipped folder.

All from sourceforge, yes. Latest version.
Some testpattern are just turn out with a blackscreen on the TV, seems that there is no picture on many buttons behind.
Ya, i'm using the exe in german language installed.
Win 7
64 bit
Do you have a recommendation how to fully uninstall and clear the system for a new clean setup?
I already tried to uninstall through the System Manager and then executed the last .exe.
Did not work out.

Thank you for helping here.

Regards.

1. Delete the HCFR folder
2. Download and install the .exe version (not .zip) here

This will install default spectral sample files usable with any probe. Display types are usually either refresh or non-refresh now (not plasma, lcd etc.)

For the pattern problem you'll have to tell me exactly which ones you have a problem with. I have installed HCFR on a win7-64 bit machine and it runs the standard patterns fine, this includes:
a. RGBYCMW for each of the color spaces
b. gray scale
c. all saturation patterns are fine

cheers
post #1508 of 3446
Hi zoyd,

I just deleted all relevant ordners
use`d your link to reinstall
I did and started HCFR out of Win7, ALL programms, HCFR
- attached you will see the marked buttons, on those I only get a black window and none working pictures.



opend a new session
- found my C6 as: Xrite i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display (I do not use the calibration file...)

under References: HDTV-Rec 709 is setled
show gamma

and under Argyll Sensor... (new open field for the display section)
Argyll Meter Property Page: here it looks to me that there are some trouble with the depending work files which seems not to work correct any longer:
Display Type: the drop down field does not include anything, just blank area...
Reading Type: contact
Spectral sample: blank drop down field, nothing there to choose....
rolleyes.gif
??

just wiped it out of the system again
installed it again
used english language
same thing as above
Edited by HDTV-Freak II - 2/21/13 at 4:39pm
post #1509 of 3446
Thread Starter 
Can you test english language version and report differences? thanks.
post #1510 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

Can you test english language version and report differences? thanks.

I already did
no change....

just wiped it out of the system again
installed it again
used english language
same thing as above

stoped Kaspersky for a while,
set HCFR to D: (instead of C:)
no change

looks to me that HCFR does not get the right acces to its internal folders anylonger
- lets see if we could fix that tommorrow (2 am here...)

sy
Edited by HDTV-Freak II - 2/21/13 at 5:03pm
post #1511 of 3446
Thread Starter 
thanks for checking, turns out I need to package one more dll with the installation. I'll upload a new version tomorrow along with a new selection for using either round down (AVSHD,DVE) or normal rounding (GCD) gray scale stimulus levels calculation.

I'll also look at why the config file is not getting saved in win7. (edit: nevermind, just set the program to run as administrator)

Regarding the chroma 6 probe, that's one I'm not familiar with how well it works with the argyll drivers. it sounds like it's internal calibration tables (lcd vs. crt or plasma) won't be accessible.
Edited by zoyd - 2/21/13 at 7:07pm
post #1512 of 3446
Thread Starter 
New version uploaded.


Modifications as of 2/22/2013

-Added external pattern dll file to installation package. This is required to run some of the pattern choices from the display patterns option.
-fixed another target mode/freemeasures bug
-removed the unused option "Use measured colors" for saturation reference and replaced with toggle for calculating actual stimulus percent based on a round down (AVSHD,DVE) or round normal (GCD, internal pattern) assumption. The previous behavior was to use whole number percents which generates (very small) errors.
-bumped version to 3.0.4.2
post #1513 of 3446
Zoyd - great work, many thanks!

I also wanted to mention that the ColorMunki Display is on sale at Adorama for $138.95.

I have the i1display Pro. Isn't the ColorMunki the same "guts"?
post #1514 of 3446
Thread Starter 
yes, they are practically identical but the colormunki runs slower, I do not know if this is solely a firmware limitation or if the detector end of it is less sensitive.
post #1515 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post

Zoyd - great work, many thanks!

I also wanted to mention that the ColorMunki Display is on sale at Adorama for $138.95.

I have the i1display Pro. Isn't the ColorMunki the same "guts"?

I just purchased the colormunki last week for $170 and I love it compared to the i1D2 that I have.

I use the munki's original driver dll and the plasma spectral from Xrite with HCFR which Zoyd enabled and it is steady as can be in the low ire....Thanks Zoyd

One thing that I notice is that the munki does not under read red like the iD3 and require a matrix to increase red...

This is how I can tell.A couple of months ago geeksquad calibrated my plasma with a recently calibrated chroma5 and I have the pre-cal measurement of THX mode in default.Then when I purchased the munki and measured THX in default.The measurement was nearly identical especially the red reading.

So I just use the munki with a plasma spectral and have seen great results....If I happen to run into a spectro ipro I will make a matrix for my munki to get it as accurate as possible.
post #1516 of 3446
Hello zoyd,

I just tried the updated version from yesterday

under Sensor
I could now choose : D3 generic plasma


still ongoing with those blank fields:
under Argyll Meter Parameter

Display Type: the drop down field does not include anything, just blank area...
Reading Type: contact or projector, possible to choose
Spectral sample: blank drop down field, nothing there to choose....
- looks like that here the .dll is not working properly?



by the way.. as I had earlier an EODIS3, with those updates from here I had the same trouble starting....could not choose display type or else...
so this is why I´m now looking for a working HCFR again with my C6


looking forward to your improvment, good luck
best Regards smile.gif
post #1517 of 3446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-Freak II View Post

Hello zoyd,

I just tried the updated version from yesterday

under Sensor
I could now choose : D3 generic plasma


still ongoing with those blank fields:
under Argyll Meter Parameter

Display Type: the drop down field does not include anything, just blank area...
Reading Type: contact or projector, possible to choose
Spectral sample: blank drop down field, nothing there to choose....
- looks like that here the .dll is not working properly?



by the way.. as I had earlier an EODIS3, with those updates from here I had the same trouble starting....could not choose display type or else...
so this is why I´m now looking for a working HCFR again with my C6


looking forward to your improvment, good luck
best Regards smile.gif


All running well here under win7 english and german versions. Make sure you install and run as administrator and allow program to modify system (it installs the ccss files to [APPDATA]).

Any special modes of your probe are currently not supported by the Argyll drivers but it will work as a generic D3. refresh vs non-refresh modes should get added soon. To get more support for your probes you should talk to the Argyll developer (gwgill on AVS)


I made one addition to current code and have uploaded a new build.

Modifications as of 2/22/2013
-Added saturation sweep target points to CIE chart.


post #1518 of 3446
Zoyd,I notice on the new build it does not remember any of your previous settings/preference .When restarting,you have to keep entering preference/advance settings manually when starting a new calibration.

Also it keeps asking you what language before opening hcfr instead of remembering from your last entry.

Thanks buddy for all your exhaustive effort.I greatly appreciate it and you have given me a great experiance with my new colormunki and the new revised HCFR.smile.gif
post #1519 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

All running well here under win7 english and german versions. Make sure you install and run as administrator and allow program to modify system (it installs the ccss files to [APPDATA]).

Any special modes of your probe are currently not supported by the Argyll drivers but it will work as a generic D3. refresh vs non-refresh modes should get added soon. To get more support for your probes you should talk to the Argyll developer (gwgill on AVS)


I made one addition to current code and have uploaded a new build.

Modifications as of 2/22/2013
-Added saturation sweep target points to CIE chart.


Nice. Thanks zoyd.

edit: I'm experiencing the same thing as Peter. Settings don't save... not even the screenshot size.
Edited by rahzel - 2/23/13 at 6:16pm
post #1520 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Zoyd,I notice on the new build it does not remember any of your previous settings/preference .When restarting,you have to keep entering preference/advance settings manually when starting a new calibration.

Also it keeps asking you what language before opening hcfr instead of remembering from your last entry.

Thanks buddy for all your exhaustive effort.I greatly appreciate it and you have given me a great experiance with my new colormunki and the new revised HCFR.smile.gif


Sounds like you are running the install program over and over again. I have had none of the problems that you mention.

Hi, zoyd. Looks as though you have a new hobby. Thanks for all the hard work.

Larry
post #1521 of 3446
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Sounds like you are running the install program over and over again. I have had none of the problems that you mention.

Hi, zoyd. Looks as though you have a new hobby. Thanks for all the hard work.

Larry

hey, no prob. Just doing stuff I find useful (I got tired of using a spreadsheet for the inside the gamut calibrations).


for configuration settings to stick make sure you have set privs to adminstrator in the executable properties.

post #1522 of 3446
That did the trick,thanks zoyd...
post #1523 of 3446
Or with Win 7, right click on the program file and select 'run as administrator.' But changing the privilege level is easier.

Larry
post #1524 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

yes, they are practically identical but the colormunki runs slower, I do not know if this is solely a firmware limitation or if the detector end of it is less sensitive.

The firmware seems to add a minimum delay of 1 second to each measurement. Mechanically, optically and electrically it looks the same, and it appears to be factory calibrated in the same way.
post #1525 of 3446
Would it be possible to add CalMan like .pdf report?
post #1526 of 3446
Thread Starter 
Sure it's possible, are you volunteering?
post #1527 of 3446
I noticed a very minor bug with the latest version over the weekend. If you set the option to "measure black & white" when measuring primaries using the "dvd generator", after you measure the primaries the dialog box asks you to "display white" twice instead of "display black" and then "display white".
post #1528 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

Sure it's possible, are you volunteering?

ha ha ha
post #1529 of 3446
zoyd, first off I too would like to thank you for all of your personal time & effort you have put into this.

I have a ColorMunki Display and would like some help making sure that I am using the correct settings in Fork HCFR when I perform my calibration on my Optoma HD8200 DLP projector.

Launch the ColorHCFR software
Select DVD manual (use the AVS HD 709 calibration disc, using window patterns for calibration)
Meter Name - select Xrite i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display sensor
Display Type - refresh for DLP?
Reading Type - non-contact (meter pointed at screen on tripod) what's the recommended distance from screen?
Spectral Sample - ??? should this be left blank (none) or what do I select
Calibrate meter - is this req'd? If it is how is it to be done?
Adjust the sensor position to obtain the highest ftL reading

Advanced Menu/ Preferences - what tabs and settings should be modified; the CurtPalme Dummies guide settings are based on the older version of HCFR and the newer version with your fork has several new additions/ settings to be applied here.

No sense in performing a calibration if the initial software is set-up incorrectly.........
post #1530 of 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

Sure it's possible, are you volunteering?

So you´re not interested, just asked... rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software