or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
New film from Timur Bekmambetov (Night Watch/Day Watch, Wanted).

President Lincoln's mother is killed by a supernatural creature, which fuels his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers.

post #2 of 41
Uhhh huh.

Not sure if want. But.... could be fun.
post #3 of 41
Pretty impressive, I had no idea that our 16th president was that good with an axe.
post #4 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Pretty impressive, I had no idea that our 16th president was that good with an axe.

Cherry trees?
Oh wait, that was The Great Wood Chompers Prez.

I wish Timur Bekmambetov would have finished the Watch Trilogy, instead of ruining the the history of Lincoln.
post #5 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I wish Timur Bekmambetov would have finished the Watch Trilogy, instead of ruining the the history of Lincoln.

Yeah, I was waiting for 'Twilight Watch' (rumoured title) as well. At least the story concluded itself by the end of the second movie.

Will probably catch this one in the theatres, mostly for the novelty. Last month I saw the first Hollywood movie in 11.1 sound (Red Tails). So next month I'll catch the first Hollywood movie where the Republican is a good guy.
post #6 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I wish Timur Bekmambetov would have finished the Watch Trilogy, instead of ruining the the history of Lincoln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Yeah, I was waiting for 'Twilight Watch' (rumoured title) as well.

Well, the stumbling block is that Night Watch and Day Watch films were both based on the Night Watch novel. The Day Watch novel only shares the name with the second film.

Twilight Watch and Final Watch are the last two novels.
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Uhhh huh.

Not sure if want. But.... could be fun.

I haven't read it yet, but this is based on the book of the same name.
It's the same author that wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which is also currently in development.
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Pretty impressive, I had no idea that our 16th president was that good with an axe.

100% historically´╗┐ accurate

I love Lincoln!!!!
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Well, the stumbling block is that Night Watch and Day Watch films were both based on the Night Watch novel. The Day Watch novel only shares the name with the second film.

Twilight Watch and Final Watch are the last two novels.

Do you know if there will be a 3rd movie?
post #10 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


Do you know if there will be a 3rd movie?

I don't know for sure, Fox has the rights, but I don't think that means a whole lot.
post #11 of 41
Stick to the movie. Thanks. Clean up done.

larry
post #12 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

100% historically´╗┐ accurate

They have the film to prove it.
post #13 of 41
Redford completely missed the Dragons...Oh Wait...Zombies...darn it....Vampires

What a bonehead. Call Kerns, she knows all about the Dragons
post #14 of 41
looks incredibly stupid but totally awesome, the fighting and axe choreography are pretty impressive as well.
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

the fighting and axe choreography are pretty impressive as well.

Bekmambetov has a talent for that stuff (see the 2 Watch movies or the Jolie movie).
post #16 of 41
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post

Trailer is up..

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/201...ailer-is-here/

Trailer has been up since the fist post in this thread.
post #18 of 41
I've seen,
Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter
Santa Claus vs The Zombies..horrible, horrible movie BTW (Who knew )
So I'll check this one out to. Thanks!!
post #19 of 41
I saw the trailer when I went to see The Cabin in the Woods. I couldn't help laughing through it and someone else in the theater had the same trouble. I can't take that idea seriously and this trailer is sooooo serious. Especially the part where Lincoln is going Matrix with the axe. Maybe it will be a decent action fare but there is no way I could see this one in the theater.
post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I saw the trailer when I went to see The Cabin in the Woods. I couldn't help laughing through it and someone else in the theater had the same trouble. I can't take that idea seriously and this trailer is sooooo serious. Especially the part where Lincoln is going Matrix with the axe. Maybe it will be a decent action fare but there is no way I could see this one in the theater.

I can't believe this movie would be anything but tongue-in-cheek with heaping piles of cheese and camp.
If it ISN'T...oh, my.
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I can't believe this movie would be anything but tongue-in-cheek with heaping piles of cheese and camp.
If it ISN'T...oh, my.

What you can't believe that? If it was not true , they would not have the film to prove it
post #22 of 41
The movie is based on a book from the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Of course it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
post #23 of 41
This will either fail, completely.... or rock the house. Hoping for the latter.
post #24 of 41
Probably going to end up like Snakes on a PLane lol. I'll be watching it in theaters!
post #25 of 41
I hate (stupid) historical inaccuracies. Having watched the trailer which briefly shows the Washington, DC, skyline, the entire Washington Monument is shown. Anyone who's been to DC knows that building of the monument stopped due to lack of funds before the Civil War, and work was not begun again until about 5 years after the war ended. There is an obvious change in color of the stone of the monument where the construction was halted. Considering they also show the Capitol building appropriately without its dome (which was completed during the war), they could have at least shown the Washington Monument as it was then.

Now, I have no idea if it will be a good movie or not, but little things like that bother me, and they make it less likely I'll bother watching it.

SMK
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

I hate (stupid) historical inaccuracies.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

President Lincoln's mother is killed by a supernatural creature, which fuels his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers.


Inaccuracies? I'm surprised you were able to get past the title and tease of the thread. When we are presented with this title and subject, are we really concerned about historical accuracies?
post #27 of 41
It's a fantasy film. Getting pissed off about historical liberties is really nuts.

Then again, I almost yelled at the screen during the opening of THE MUMMY when they showed the pyramids without their limestone shell, obviously thinking that modern audiences would not understand why they don't look like they do today.
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Then again, I almost yelled at the screen during the opening of THE MUMMY when they showed the pyramids without their limestone shell, obviously thinking that modern audiences would not understand why they don't look like they do today.

My point precisely. It has nothing to do with a movie that is pure fantasy, but when you see it, you immediately start to think even less of the movie than you previously had.

SMK
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

I hate (stupid) historical inaccuracies.... the entire Washington Monument is shown. Anyone who's been to DC knows that building of the monument stopped due to lack of funds before the Civil War, and work was not begun again until about 5 years after the war ended.
SMK

I know. Showing a finished Washington Monument during the Civil War makes me suspect they're stretching the truth with other parts of this movie too.
post #30 of 41
Showing a finished Washington Monument during the Civil War makes me suspect they're stretching the truth with other parts of this movie too.

It was under construction in the trailer I saw yesterday.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter