or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Blockbuster total access 2 months free!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blockbuster total access 2 months free! - Page 2

post #31 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGlory View Post

So you were able to sign up for two months free of the 3 out straightaway on your initial signup?

Well, I had cancelled my acct in Nov. and when I tried to sign back-up using this deal it wouldn't let me but when I changed my email address and picked the 3-at-a-time box after the 2 free months it gave me free 2 months of 3-at-a-time.

Mike
post #32 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

Well, I had cancelled my acct in Nov. and when I tried to sign back-up using this deal it wouldn't let me but when I changed my email address and picked the 3-at-a-time box after the 2 free months it gave me free 2 months of 3-at-a-time.

Mike

chance to sign up has been extended to april 15th! Also got a nicer coupon given to me on my last visit. so I posted it for all!
post #33 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

Well, I had cancelled my acct in Nov. and when I tried to sign back-up using this deal it wouldn't let me but when I changed my email address and picked the 3-at-a-time box after the 2 free months it gave me free 2 months of 3-at-a-time.

Mike

How is it working for u now?
post #34 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLong View Post

just tried and it didnt work for me

what is it saying? how is it not working for you?
post #35 of 74
Well I am enjoying my free membership. I don't think I will keep it though after the free trial. I have 26 ps3 and xbox 360 games in q, and none is available. I thought store exchanges would fix this but after the initial exchange, you have to bring rental back to the store but cannot take new rental. This sucks because you are taking a trip to the store just to drop rentals (no option to mail) and are walking out empty handed. Now you have to wait for them to mail it from your q. In comparison to Netflix, mail takes 2 more days each way. They are not customer oriented at all that is one reason they are going out.
post #36 of 74
They have a different option for unlimited in-store exchanges; you may want to look into that. It doesn't appeal to me, because the one remaining store in my area doesn't have the selection I can get online, so the one free exchange works fine for me.
How long I'll keep it after the two free months remains to be seen, however.
post #37 of 74
I just went to my local Blockbuster and found out that if you go to a store that is closing, they can sign you up for three months of Total Access Pass for free.

You'll need to check with your local stores, as the flyer I saw said 2 to 3 months. They had to enter single use codes so I don't have anything to post for you guys. Luckily for me we have store closing and I went there and signed up tonight. Mine's free until July 10th.

In store, they set the account for 2 at a time but I was able to change it to 3 when I logged in from home. They said I can drop off ones from the mail and pick up new rentals at the store which will be great since the closest store is only a mile away from my house. That should speed up the queue.
post #38 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSeek View Post

I just went to my local Blockbuster and found out that if you go to a store that is closing, they can sign you up for three months of Total Access Pass for free.

You'll need to check with your local stores, as the flyer I saw said 2 to 3 months. They had to enter single use codes so I don't have anything to post for you guys. Luckily for me we have store closing and I went there and signed up tonight. Mine's free until July 10th.

In store, they set the account for 2 at a time but I was able to change it to 3 when I logged in from home. They said I can drop off ones from the mail and pick up new rentals at the store which will be great since the closest store is only a mile away from my house. That should speed up the queue.

I too asked about that when visiting, the 3 months is only available for people who used to be on the instore movie pass they had, so u musta had a pass, but thank you for the useful information.
post #39 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloopy30 View Post

I too asked about that when visiting, the 3 months is only available for people who used to be on the instore movie pass they had, so u musta had a pass, but thank you for the useful information.

I haven't had any Blockbuster account for many years.

Interesting, maybe it's just different rules for different locations. So it's worth checking if you have a local on closing, otherwise the 2 months is still a great deal.

After setting up the queue, I had my first blu rays three days later, not bad at all.
post #40 of 74
Just signed up. Thank you!
post #41 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by depot_jr View Post

Just signed up. Thank you!

Your welcome just posting good deals.
post #42 of 74
I didn't see the instructions for scoring this deal in the OP?
post #43 of 74
I found them on fatwallet.
post #44 of 74
Wow, I think I may have to give this a try. Thanks for the info!
post #45 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta13613 View Post

Wow, I think I may have to give this a try. Thanks for the info!

Did ya try it out?
post #46 of 74
Worked for me!
post #47 of 74
nice deal, love movies
post #48 of 74
Just signed up. Not finding a lot to rent that I really want to see, but I'm slowly building a queue. Thanks OP!
post #49 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrondar View Post

Just signed up. Not finding a lot to rent that I really want to see, but I'm slowly building a queue. Thanks OP!

Found out from store i was shopping at this offer has been extended until june 30th, so keep signing up if you wanna do it!
post #50 of 74
Just cancelled my free trail yesterday (it ends next week) and I get the feeling block buster is banking on me not returning the blu rays they sent out this morning (the day after I cancel!). I haven't gotten any blu rays in the week and a half after my last returned disc cleared their system (queue full of available titles) and now all of a sudden when I cancel my subscription they ship out two and it probably would have been three if I didn't already have one. I have a month to return them (per their terms) but, I have the sneaking suspicion they sent them out with the intent of sticking me with the 20 something dollar blu ray replacement fee (or whatever they call it).

Has anyone else cancelled and had this happen to them? I can't say for sure that this was their intent but, it seems fishy that I wouldn't get any for a week and a half, and then as soon as I cancel I get two the next day. It just seems like their last chance effort to get my $$.
post #51 of 74
IDK. I'll let you know in a month or so. But it wouldn't pass me up. Most corporations have all sorts of sneaky ways to get into your wallet.
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

IDK. I'll let you know in a month or so. But it wouldn't pass me up. Most corporations have all sorts of sneaky ways to get into your wallet.

Hence, why I didn't bother with this offer since they wanted my credit card.
post #53 of 74
Just return the discs before the end of return window and no charge..
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Just return the discs before the end of return window and no charge..

I plan to return them as soon as I get them because my ps3(my blu ray player) is in the process of getting repaired. Im not really concerned about having to pay the fees but, rather the questionable ethics of BB...
post #55 of 74
I had their service years ago, and their turn around was terrible. Nothing has changed.

I wanted to compare netflix to the blockbuster for mail only, and I figured the 2 month trial with 3x DVDs at a time would give us a good sample period for their turnaround sample. We received our first 2 in 2 days and the 3rd came the next day, just in time for the weekend. They were all mailed back that following Monday morning right at the PO, then it took 6 days to get 1. A few days later we got another and then a few days after that, the third. We maild all three back at the same time and the same staggered mailings were received. It seemed to be 6-8 day turnaround in general. Oh well... we tried...

I was planning to cancel our netflix with the price hike, but my wife wanted the online streaming so we reduced our Bluray to one at a time. I have to hand it o them, they have a consistant 2 day turn around. Drop it in the mail, get a few emails either later that day or the following day, then there is another bluray the next day. They won our business.
post #56 of 74
My sentiments exactly..

I have had Game of Thrones Season One, Disc One at the top of my queue for a month now. I have my settings to "wait 5 days". BB keeps kicking out discs about 2 or 3 days after receiving the ones I send back in but never the disc at the top of my queue.. they don't even wait the 5 days to send out the next one to see of a copy comes in because "the system knows" as I was told on the phone yesterday.

I did the 3 at a time initially and they gave me a $10 credit yesterday so when my 60-day free trial ends in a few weeks, I'll drop to 1 at a time for another free month anyhow.
post #57 of 74
I must be in the minority but I want to see Blockbuster pick back up. So many memories of the brick and mortar video stores...riding your bike down to pick up some pizza and a movie great times. Any little thing that helps them out (I'd like to see innovation and change in management as well) including this total access deal sounds good to me!
post #58 of 74
There's still B&M stores near me but not nearly as many. I think they'll survive but netflix got a lead and amazon has the muscle of amazon.
post #59 of 74
Thanks for your great information. I will try it ASAP
post #60 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy2k7 View Post

I must be in the minority but I want to see Blockbuster pick back up. So many memories of the brick and mortar video stores...riding your bike down to pick up some pizza and a movie great times. Any little thing that helps them out (I'd like to see innovation and change in management as well) including this total access deal sounds good to me!

I've been quite happy with this promotion. Fortunately, one of the few remaining Blockbusters is between my home and my office, so I get two discs mailed to me, I exchange them in the store for two discs, and I return those discs to the store. The returns are acknowledged, and two discs are sent to me. I have found that it's much easier to get new releases in the store than online, and easier to get TV shows online than in the store. I'm staying with it, though I just had to order another hard drive for my HTPC!
Michael
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Blockbuster total access 2 months free!