or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs › Subscription Fee Clarification Needed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Subscription Fee Clarification Needed

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hello, All!
When both my units (lifetime and monthly) showed "Activated" after the No More Program Guide then OK We Will Keep Providing the Program Guide adventure, I was afraid to ask about the monthly unit remaining "Activated" for fear of jinxing the situation.
Now, I just want to know if I get another unit from, say, eBay, when I run the new unit setup will it also become "Activated" and that's it? Or are newly setup units entered into the Lifetime or Monthly method of paying?
Some ads on eBay are still mentioning the necessity of paying for a Lifetime or Monthly subscription fee. Are they behind the times?
Thanks.
Joel
post #2 of 6
They're behind the times. All will be well once you connect.

Where are you located? I have four units...dammit...
post #3 of 6
there is currently no service fee all sets that are connecting now say activated. d
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfrdan View Post

there is currently no service fee all sets that are connecting now say activated. d

That's what I have found. I have a number of units and I have bought some more recently at the swapmeet. I take them home, plug them in and they are all activated. I have changed out HDDs for bigger ones and they all say activated. Everything works.

How long will this last?
I dunno.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevo55 View Post

That's what I have found. I have a number of units and I have bought some more recently at the swapmeet. I take them home, plug them in and they are all activated. I have changed out HDDs for bigger ones and they all say activated. Everything works.

How long will this last?
I dunno.

5 out of 6 of my Replays are 5xxx, and are connected to WiRNS 3. Hopefully that makes it irrelevant.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd View Post

5 out of 6 of my Replays are 5xxx, and are connected to WiRNS 3. Hopefully that makes it irrelevant.

I'm sure it does, I don't think the OP was asking about units that never call home.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs › Subscription Fee Clarification Needed