or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung 2012 PNxxE450 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung 2012 PNxxE450 Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeshmd23 View Post

I would advise against service adjustments menu unless your confident in knowing what your doing. I messed around with my old Samsung Plasma from around 2005 and was able to adjust picture very nice, but somehow disabled all audio for tv. Just thought i would share my experience

yea I would need an exact step by step directions on how to do.
the blacks are great anyway I'm just nit picking.
I keep Dynamic Contrast > off and Black Tone > Darkest.
in the dark I crank the Brightness down to 35 or less.
amazing picture for a sub $500 tv and just yesterday at wallmart it was 'price drop' to a paltry $398!

I have some slight green tint in the flesh tone and tried the tint but no luck.
White Balance Calibration
RO - 21
GO - 28
BO - 22
RG - 20
GG - 27
BG - 23

I'm going to adjust GO and GG tonight and see if that helps but it's probably a grey scale issue.
post #62 of 307
Anyone know what the June 3 firmware upgrade does?
post #63 of 307
Hey everyone, thanks for sharing the calibration info you've collected.

I have an issue getting my PC to output any other resolution besides 1024x768. I just replaced an older plasma that was using the same video source (onboard HDMI graphics) and I was able to run 19x10 or 13x7 without issue. This TV will not display anything when I chose those resolutions.

I'm using a 6410D ATI GPU, on Windows 7. Any input would be greatly appreicated! The online websites I've been using for video playback now have black bars at the top/bottom of the pages, even in full-screen.
post #64 of 307
Just bought a PN43E450 last night.

Quite a nice set. It's in the main bedroom. Replacing a 32" Vizio LCD which is now in the guest room.

Nice black levels and solid colors. Audio is respectable as well.

Not earth shattering but damn nice for $399.

Also bought a Sammy PN60 E7000 last week.

Its been a plasma summer here at my house.

biggrin.gif
post #65 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Just bought a PN43E450 last night.
Quite a nice set. It's in the main bedroom. Replacing a 32" Vizio LCD which is now in the guest room.
Nice black levels and solid colors. Audio is respectable as well.
Not earth shattering but damn nice for $399.
Also bought a Sammy PN60 E7000 last week.
Its been a plasma summer here at my house.
biggrin.gif

Yea the E450 rocks!
Your picture will improve as the break in
continues and the heat level goes way down.

This works great on my E450.

Mode - Movie
Cell Light 20
Brightness 50 daytime / 40 for evening and 35 for a dark room (Blacks look amazing at 35!
Contrast 100 daytime / 98 for evening and 93 for a dark room
Sharpness 0
Color 55
R/G Tint 50/50
Color Space - Native
Gamma -1
Dynamic Contrast - off
Black Tone - Darkest
Flesh Tone - 0
Color Tone - Warm1
Size - Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter - Off

I have tried different settings but always come back to these.
White Balance Calibration
Thanks to 'CTM Audi'.
RO - 21
GO - 25 (was 28
BO - 22
RG - 20
GG - 25 (was 27
BG - 23
Edited by sonyfan - 8/5/12 at 10:56am
post #66 of 307
Thanks for the settings my friend! smile.gif
post #67 of 307
double thanks for the settings
post #68 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeshmd23 View Post

I would advise against service adjustments menu unless your confident in knowing what your doing. I messed around with my old Samsung Plasma from around 2005 and was able to adjust picture very nice, but somehow disabled all audio for tv. Just thought i would share my experience

Probably like most newbies, I though there would at least be a "reset" feature in the service menu. WRONG....at least there wasn't in a rear projection CRT Mitsubishi I had years ago. Got the picture a bit distorted and never did get it totally straightened out.

With the two following sets, I was much more careful. Now with the new panasonic, everything is in the user menu and you really don't need to go into the service menu. I like that much better.


However, with displays that you have to go into the service menu to get it close to being right, I recommend having a video camera record the screen whenever someone goes into the service menu. If you screw it up, you'll at least know what you changed and can change it back.
post #69 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootseroel View Post

double thanks for the settings

Glad to help.
post #70 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post


I am disappointed Samsung lowered the resolution on their 720p plasmas, as the pic quality is not as good. Last year's D450/D490 had the higher resolution and better video quality. Now, for about the same price point, you are better off to get the E530/535 entry level 1080p versions.

As somebody who has owned both a C450 and a D450 plasma, I can assure you that they have always been 1024x768 resolution. Whatever you saw saying that the D450 had a 1366x768 resolution was a typo.
post #71 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder82 View Post

As somebody who has owned both a C450 and a D450 plasma, I can assure you that they have always been 1024x768 resolution. Whatever you saw saying that the D450 had a 1366x768 resolution was a typo.
On the 42-43" sizes, yes that is correct. But previously the C and D450 versions in the 50" size were 1366x768. They lowered it this year in the 2012 50" E series panels.
post #72 of 307
Hey guys, registered just to say thanks for the settings!! really helped my p/q! smile.gif

any other tips going about b sure to post them here!! biggrin.gif
post #73 of 307
Tried your settings and do like them a ton,but had to re-fix my contrast and brightness some tho,it just looked way to bright to me so I had to darken mine down a lot to get it to where I felt it was better for me.
post #74 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyrue View Post

Tried your settings and do like them a ton,but had to re-fix my contrast and brightness some tho,it just looked way to bright to me so I had to darken mine down a lot to get it to where I felt it was better for me.

What settings are you using?
post #75 of 307
Think I may buy the 43'', but I'm a bit worried about the 1024x768 resolution. I'd use it primarily with an HTPC (netflix, and local content streamed over the network) running windows and XBMC.

Anyone using this tv extensively with an HTPC? Do you set your HTPC resolution to the native resolution, or something that's actually 16x9?? And most importantly: how does it look?
post #76 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxP0wers View Post

Think I may buy the 43'', but I'm a bit worried about the 1024x768 resolution. I'd use it primarily with an HTPC (netflix, and local content streamed over the network) running windows and XBMC.
Anyone using this tv extensively with an HTPC? Do you set your HTPC resolution to the native resolution, or something that's actually 16x9?? And most importantly: how does it look?



Hate to bash other people's TV's, but I think I can help you since I owned this TV for 2 days before I returned it for a 1080p TV.


The low resolution is noticeable on everything with that TV. It's really bad. I wouldn't buy it if you are worried about resolution at all.
post #77 of 307
Thanks for the answer redline.

Let me be a bit more specific -- I'm actually not too worried about 720p resolution. I actually think that will be fine for my needs, accounting for the distance from the TV, etc.

What I am worried about is the funky aspect ratio of this TV (and, it seems, all current-year 720P plasmas). Any of the current/ former owners out there have any other specific information on how XGA streached to 16:9 this will look when viewing content from an HTPC?
post #78 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxP0wers View Post

Thanks for the answer redline.
Let me be a bit more specific -- I'm actually not too worried about 720p resolution. I actually think that will be fine for my needs, accounting for the distance from the TV, etc.
What I am worried about is the funky aspect ratio of this TV (and, it seems, all current-year 720P plasmas). Any of the current/ former owners out there have any other specific information on how XGA streached to 16:9 this will look when viewing content from an HTPC?


The funky aspect ratio made my xbox 360 look like crap when it was set to "native" resolution. Not sure if it would be the same for your situation or not.
post #79 of 307
you have to set your 360 to 1024X768 and also cahnge it to widescreen not normal which it goes to by default at the resolution in the display settings..
post #80 of 307
I am interested in buying the samsung 51 720p e450. I am looking for a tv for xbox 360 gaming first and foremost. I have a phillips 42 inch lcd and was very dissapointed in the lag in first person shooters after switching from my crt. I am looking for the best for my buck with emphasis on lag. I was wondering if any of you are hardcore gamers who could tell me if there is delay when aiming on this tv. I have heard that since xbox games are produced at 720p that a tv with 720 native would be best to eliminate lag. I also noticed plasma in terms of hertz blow lcd's out of the water. Is there a correlation with hurtz and gaming lag? Any recommendations for the best gaming tv possible would be appreciated.
post #81 of 307
I also have heard by using the xbox 360 vga cable it reduces lag as well. Does this tv have a vga input?
post #82 of 307
Hi to all I am new this forum and looking for some settings which I will try on the forum....But just bought (3) of PN43E450 tv's. I am replacing them with my old school (3) Sony PFM-42B1 which worked great for 8 yrs. One of them just blew and sold off the other 2 got little money for them! I watch a lot of sports with these tv's and I am going to set up all 3 side by side...My real question is I am using DirecTv recievers for them and the one in the middle will be used also for HTPC and XBOX360 too. Was trying to trying to use the best settings for them?
post #83 of 307
i can helpo you out with the 360 settings..
hook it up via hdmi to the first port(it'll say hdmi/dvi)
then on the remote name that input to pc
once in the 360 display settings set the rgb range to full
color space to rgb
and resultion to 1024X768 widescreen(dont leave it on normal once you change to this resolution or the image will look weird)

after that just set your cell light to 10 or what ever you prefer, and I leave the contrast and brightness on their default settings...then depending on what game im playing ill change the gamma,brightness etc in the options menu of that particular game.


no input lag whatsoever, no motion blur, ever game is crisp as can be, colors pop without looking too cartoony or exaggerated.
I've played my 360 on every kind of tv/monitor you can imagine and at every resolution...to my eyes playing on this tv it looks identical to the best of em!

let me know how everything works for you
post #84 of 307
Hey going to setting up mine on Saturday for my HTPC....But will find out for how it works out...But I did notice in the Samsung manual they said to hook up your HTPC to input 1 hdmi/dvi that's supposed to be for PC's.
post #85 of 307
Does anyone have a review for the 51inch, as far as gaming lag n picture quality?
post #86 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by topraider View Post

Hey going to setting up mine on Saturday for my HTPC....But will find out for how it works out...But I did notice in the Samsung manual they said to hook up your HTPC to input 1 hdmi/dvi that's supposed to be for PC's.

Interested to hear your impressions when you get it set up.
post #87 of 307
saumsung 51e450 vs lg 50pa4500 These are the two sets that I am looking to get. I will be using this tv for gaming purposes almost exclusively and was wondering if anyone has tested the input lag on theses tv's.
post #88 of 307
I play allot of gaming and do not see any input lag. Even on face paced games!
post #89 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scitty View Post

I play allot of gaming and do not see any input lag. Even on face paced games!
Which model do you have? If you would be willing to run the input lag test that would be cool. Just hook up your pc to it and run the timer with milliseconds (just google input lag test timer) then take a snapshot of both screens. Also if you have the samsung does it have a vga input?
post #90 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Grunge View Post

Which model do you have? If you would be willing to run the input lag test that would be cool. Just hook up your pc to it and run the timer with milliseconds (just google input lag test timer) then take a snapshot of both screens. Also if you have the samsung does it have a vga input?

with the UK review of the e6500 they got 16ms when they changed the input label to 'PC'.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung 2012 PNxxE450 Thread