or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Official Wesena thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Wesena thread

post #1 of 85
Thread Starter 
I think that it would be a good idea to have one place where I (and eventually others) can answer questions about Wesena chassis.
Instead of answering individually questions by e-mail - I will answer all questions here.
No other brands here, please.

Regards
post #2 of 85
Im waiting until the ITX5 come out. Is Wesena releasing anything new? Maybe one without a slotloading optical (but a slim or a regular one)?
post #3 of 85
Thread Starter 
Nothing new right now, except what is already published on my site.

Regards
post #4 of 85
Would a 100w processor in the mini itx7-2 case be feasible with 2x 80mm fans added and a decent cpu cooler?
post #5 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbledook View Post

Would a 100w processor in the mini itx7-2 case be feasible with 2x 80mm fans added and a decent cpu cooler?

Do you mean ITX7 or ITX2?
I think that 100W CPU in ITX 7 without 3.5" HD should be fine. (Use short cables)
100W in ITX2 - is too much IMO. ITX2 is too compact and only one 40mm fan will not be enough to cool it IMO. I didn't try so I have no experience.
post #6 of 85
I meant the itx7, but it's called itx7-2 on the site (http://www.wesena.co.uk/product.php/6/2/itx7_2)

Glad to hear this, it is a beautiful case.
post #7 of 85
I was looking at the Intel I3-2100t but I fell in love with this case and it is more expensive than the case I budgeted for so, I was thinking of going AMD. But, I was wondering if the stock AMD heatsink & fan would fit in the ITX6 case...If not what heatsink/fan would you suggest for the A4-3400?

BTW, love the case, and honestly trying to fit it in the budget and basically build around it. I search high and low for a clean case with an expansion slot and this is by far the best looking one I have found.
post #8 of 85
I finally ordered the itx2 or the streacom F1C as it seems to be in the uk, any general help people could give me would be great regarding parts etc, i guess the main things i want to get right is the case fan (preferably as quiet as possible) and a good quality pico psu. Also can anyone tell me if the case can accommodate 2 HDD's ? as im looking to fit a SSD for the OS and another drive for dvr? as i said any general help would be great as this is going to be my first build
post #9 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTick077 View Post

I was looking at the Intel I3-2100t but I fell in love with this case and it is more expensive than the case I budgeted for so, I was thinking of going AMD. But, I was wondering if the stock AMD heatsink & fan would fit in the ITX6 case..

Please remember that total space for Mobo, cpu and HS is 40mm if you are going to use 3.5" HD. If you can live with only 2.5" HD you can bend or cut off two blades (bracket for 3.5" HD) and than you have 64mm = 2.5" space.
Please look here:
Quote:


If not what heatsink/fan would you suggest for the A4-3400?

BTW, love the case, and honestly trying to fit it in the budget and basically build around it. I search high and low for a clean case with an expansion slot and this is by far the best looking one I have found.
post #10 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_parker123 View Post

I finally ordered the itx2 or the streacom F1C as it seems to be in the uk, any general help people could give me would be great regarding parts etc, i guess the main things i want to get right is the case fan (preferably as quiet as possible) and a good quality pico psu. Also can anyone tell me if the case can accommodate 2 HDD's ? as im looking to fit a SSD for the OS and another drive for dvr?

Yes, if you install very low profile HSF and memory. Total space in ITX2 is 45mm, so if you install second HD under bracket, you space go down to 37mm.
Quote:


as i said any general help would be great as this is going to be my first build
post #11 of 85
Thread Starter 
Guys, what do you thing about such color for ITX chassis? (You have to have calibrated monitor to see correct colors)
LL
LL
post #12 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

Guys, what do you thing about such color for ITX chassis? (You have to have calibrated monitor to see correct colors)

Its not for me personally. But to each their own. I want a case that blends in.

I think what would be cool is the ability to change LED color or intensity in a black, silver or gunmetal case.
post #13 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

Please remember that total space for Mobo, cpu and HS is 40mm if you are going to use 3.5" HD. If you can live with only 2.5" HD you can bend or cut off two blades (bracket for 3.5" HD) and than you have 64mm = 2.5" space.
Please look

Good pics, and I know the stats, I just don't know the real world applications...like how much of that 40mm is taken up by the mobo risers (if it has any). Plus I didn't know if you or anyone else could suggest a low profile fan that would fit in the case. Still trying to decide between AMD and Intel...Using only integrated GPU so am leaning a little toward the AMD, but with the added cost of a heatsink might lean right back to the intel.
post #14 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

Yes, if you install very low profile HSF and memory. Total space in ITX2 is 45mm, so if you install second HD under bracket, you space go down to 37mm.

Okay thanks does anyone have any recommendations for a heatsink(the quieter the better) iv seen this one http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/pro...-silence-iplus and memory please ? im going to be using an ASRock H67M-ITX/HT. Also is 40mm the right size for a case fan?
post #15 of 85
The scythe kozuti is 40mm tall and apparently not too noisy if you don't run it at max.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1209-page1.html
post #16 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTick077 View Post

........like how much of that 40mm is taken up by the mobo risers ...............

None.
The distance 40mm or 45mm is between mobo risers and the lowest part of bracket. In ITX6 or ITX7 it is a distance between risers and blades for 3.5" HD. If you don't use 3.5" HD, some elements may fit between blades.
post #17 of 85
A few questions:

1) Do you know when/if the ITX-1 is coming back in stock?

[Edit: just noticed this on the front page: "Arriving in the USA by end of April"]

2) Has anyone successfully built with this case using SandyBridge components such as (this is what I have available) the ASUS P8H61-I motherboard and SilverStone NT07-1156 cooler? It appears it will fit height-wise but I am concerned with the motherboard interfering with the front panel as several did in this review: http://www.missingremote.com/review/...tx-sff-chassis

"Both the Intel DH61AG and D525MW mini-ITX motherboards were not compatible with this chassis due to the location of the CPU near the front headers"



I see a concern here with my picoPSU interfering with the front panel. I am unable to find a top-down view of the ITX1 or ITX2 to compare against.

3) From the product page: "Maximum height of motherboard with everything installed on it is: 1,75”, ~45mm with one HD installed." What if I have 2 x 2.5" drives installed (one SSD, one HDD?)

Thanks.
post #18 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

A few questions:

1) Do you know when/if the ITX-1 is coming back in stock?

[Edit: just noticed this on the front page: "Arriving in the USA by end of April"]

They didn't ship it yet. Two weeks delay.
Quote:



2) Has anyone successfully built with this case using SandyBridge components such as (this is what I have available) the ASUS P8H61-I motherboard and SilverStone NT07-1156 cooler? It appears it will fit height-wise but I am concerned with the motherboard interfering with the front panel as several did in this review: http://www.missingremote.com/review/...tx-sff-chassis

"Both the Intel DH61AG and D525MW mini-ITX motherboards were not compatible with this chassis due to the location of the CPU near the front headers"

Did you look here? I just bent pins and solved this problem in my built.
Quote:





I see a concern here with my picoPSU interfering with the front panel.

Not a problem. Look at above link.There is a problem however with bracket in ITX6/7. Check info in "Technical support".
Quote:


I am unable to find a top-down view of the ITX1 or ITX2 to compare against.

3) From the product page: "Maximum height of motherboard with everything installed on it is: 1,75, ~45mm with one HD installed." What if I have 2 x 2.5" drives installed (one SSD, one HDD?)

In ITX2 one HD must share space with mobo because space for second HD is under ODD bracket. in ITX1 however there is no ODD so second HD can be installed on the top of the bracket, just in space for ODD. If you check above link and tech support - you will have better idea how to build your system.
Quote:



Thanks.
post #19 of 85
Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to the ITX1 being available again. I am getting a lot of interest in very SFF builds so I am hoping the ITX1 and ITX2 fit the bill. For my own purposes though, I need the ITX1 which will make a good prototype.

Somewhat related, I would think the new D2700 boards would be a great match for the ITX1/ITX2.
post #20 of 85
Do you have a list of available slot-load DVD burners that are compatible with the ITX-2? Specifically, burners that have the button lined up with the ITX-2 button? Hopefully something reliable, not just from eBay and not $100.
post #21 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

Guys, what do you thing about such color for ITX chassis? (You have to have calibrated monitor to see correct colors)

I like the red not the magenta so much. I think a case with just that color would be too much though. Perhaps 2 tone with black or white or silver in it as well could look pretty sharp depending on the design. Or maybe just have a face plate that could come in different colors to match the color of your optical drive.
post #22 of 85
Looking at the ITX-2 on the UK Wesena site, it seems the eject hole for the slot-load DVD is located to the middle-right. The majority of slot-load DVD players available these days have the button there, especially the more reasonably priced and commonly available ones.

Is this version available? Where is the eject hole exactly?

post #23 of 85
Thread Starter 
Models with eject button on the right were ordered by GB dealer for GB market. However European distributor and his resellers still offer models with eject button on the left. All Wesena models in the USA have eject button on the left.
In the future I may order models with eject button on the right if there is such demand.
post #24 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Its not for me personally. But to each their own. I want a case that blends in.

I think what would be cool is the ability to change LED color or intensity in a black, silver or gunmetal case.

You can, http://slicksolutions.eu/ledsdriver.shtml
post #25 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

In the future I may order models with eject button on the right if there is such demand.

In searching for slot-load ODDs I've noticed most of what I've found have the button on the middle-right.
post #26 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

In searching for slot-load ODDs I've noticed most of what I've found have the button on the middle-right.

If this is a trend, we will build chassis with eject button on the right. So far I have access to slot BluRay drives with button on the left, so I didn't consider changes in design.
post #27 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

If this is a trend, we will build chassis with eject button on the right. So far I have access to slot BluRay drives with button on the left, so I didn't consider changes in design.

As a builder sourcing slot loading drives is a royal pita,btw. Very expensive as well.
post #28 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

As a builder sourcing slot loading drives is a royal pita,btw. Very expensive as well.

It'd be better to either have no button or a button on the middle/right. At least on the middle/right there are more choice like the Sony Optiarc drives which seem to be plentiful and not too bad in price ($36.99 for a DVD-RW) and available from respectable sellers like Amazon.
post #29 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

It'd be better to either have no button or a button on the middle/right. At least on the middle/right there are more choice like the Sony Optiarc drives which seem to be plentiful and not too bad in price ($36.99 for a DVD-RW) and available from respectable sellers like Amazon.

OK. When I order next cargo of chassis with slot ODDs they will be with eject button on the right.
post #30 of 85
Thread Starter 
Wesena makes e series chassis with flat surfaces sanded, and corners sand blasted.
They consider make chassis sand blasted on flat surfaces also. I think that their models are unique because of this combination, but this is my opinion
What do you think, guys?
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Official Wesena thread