or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wanderlust

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Directed by the guy who did 'Role Model's (David Wain), and starring Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, and Malin Akerman make this a "rom-com" that just might be worth seeing.

Red-band trailer:
post #2 of 16
I found Role Models to be really funny. I'm screening this on Wednesday next week. Just noticed it has an R rating. Personally, I can do without Jennifer Aniston, but I think Paul Rudd is hilarious. Hope this one makes me laugh.
post #3 of 16
This is a year old, but since no one has commented who has seen it, I watched it tonight and it was quite funny. It's one of those that sometimes swings a bit wide, but there's a lot of funny stuff going on and I laughed quite a lot.
post #4 of 16
^^^^ Agreed. We just watched this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty funny. It's CERTAINLY worth a rent.
post #5 of 16
It's rental funny, but not great or worth repeat viewings. I will say this about it. They got one thing dead on, and that's the soulless feel of some of the McMansions in some of Atlanta's suburbs. When they visit Paul Rudd's character's brother, everything about the house, the deck, the yard, and the neighborhood is perfect satire. I've been to too many of those houses and have known too many jerks just like him.
post #6 of 16
Paul Rudd is way too kind of a guy for letting Jennifer Anniston ride his coattails for a paycheck in this. He did the same thing for that Tina Fey lady in Admission.

They better pay him back.


As for Wanderlust, it was decent except for JA dragging down Paul's performance. The light pollution from Paul's stardom totally drowns out JA like the night sky in the suburbs. It's a shame they worked him to death and that he had to carry the whole movie.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Paul Rudd is way too kind of a guy for letting Jennifer Anniston ride his coattails for a paycheck in this. He did the same thing for that Tina Fey lady in Admission.

They better pay him back.


As for Wanderlust, it was decent except for JA dragging down Paul's performance. The light pollution from Paul's stardom totally drowns out JA like the night sky in the suburbs. It's a shame they worked him to death and that he had to carry the whole movie.
Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend. He's always been the supporting guy not the head liner.
post #8 of 16
Any comments on the alternate "Bizarro Cut" of this movie?
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend.

In fact he started as Phoebe's boyfriend, but ended up as Phoebe's husband... smile.gif
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Dude, what are you smoking? JA and TF both have more star power than Paul Rudd. Well maybe TF it's a close call but JA is in another level than he is man money wise and power. I believe JA is inside Forbes top 10 list. She was already huge when they were on Friends and he was still small time, came in few times as Phoebe's boyfriend. He's always been the supporting guy not the head liner.

Sorry you're caught up in lists and blinded by the pretty machine instead of skill and mastery. I'm sure Paul would forgive you that transgression.

Dinner for Schmucks is superior to any JA or TF movie why else do you think they got jobs with Rudd after it released?
post #11 of 16
I can't agree that Jennifer has no value. I think she's quite good. I've watched quite a few of her flicks and enjoyed her in all of them. Paul Rudd is a very good and versatile actor of course, no doubt about it these days.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

I can't agree that Jennifer has no value. I think she's quite good. I've watched quite a few of her flicks and enjoyed her in all of them. Paul Rudd is a very good and versatile actor of course, no doubt about it these days.
Yep.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Sorry you're caught up in lists and blinded by the pretty machine instead of skill and mastery. I'm sure Paul would forgive you that transgression.

Dinner for Schmucks is superior to any JA or TF movie why else do you think they got jobs with Rudd after it released?
I have 1 word for you alright...F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created? I'm not blinded by anything ok. that was there for you
as objective and substantial proof vs your emotional biased love for Paul Dudd...sorry Rudd.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I have 1 word for you alright...F-R-I-E-N-D-S.
We can surely be friends, no need to be enemies.
Quote:
Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created?
Totally, Doctor Who is awesome. JA would be a great companion for a few episodes.

Quote:
I'm not blinded by anything ok. that was there for you
as objective and substantial proof vs your emotional biased love for Paul Dudd...sorry Rudd.

Yes, I know it's hard to accept science sometimes but I know Paul and I would still accept you and your beliefs and allow you to go your merry way. smile.gif
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Are you familiar with the greatest show ever created?

There's a whole 'nother thread, right there....
post #16 of 16
LMAO when I saw this last night.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home