or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › HTPC 3D Bluray Help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HTPC 3D Bluray Help!

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Well after investing in my brand new Panasonic PT-AE7000 3D Projector I was set to watch some 3d bluray on my HTPC. I Put it in the bluray drive opened up WinDVD, enabled HDMI 1.4 output and pressed play. I waited and then audio would play but I would get no video. Please help, I've tried all the solutions frrom upgrading my drivers to buying a new HDMI Cable. I'll post my specs so hopefully someone can help me. Thanks a lot, I've literally just given up on my 3d theater until I can fix this.

-AMD 6450 with latest drivers as of this post outputting 1080p24p
-PT AE 7000 projector
-Harman Kardon AVR 2600 V1.1
-50ft 1.4 HDMI Cable
-4 GB ram
-WinDVD Pro 11
-intel i3
-z68 motherboard

I've got the computer going to the AVR which then outputs to the projector.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafz View Post

Well after investing in my brand new Panasonic PT-AE7000 3D Projector I was set to watch some 3d bluray on my HTPC. I Put it in the bluray drive opened up WinDVD, enabled HDMI 1.4 output and pressed play. I waited and then audio would play but I would get no video. Please help, I've tried all the solutions frrom upgrading my drivers to buying a new HDMI Cable. I'll post my specs so hopefully someone can help me. Thanks a lot, I've literally just given up on my 3d theater until I can fix this.

-AMD 6450 with latest drivers as of this post outputting 1080p24p
-PT AE 7000 projector
-Harman Kardon AVR 2600 V1.1
-50ft 1.4 HDMI Cable
-4 GB ram
-WinDVD Pro 11
-intel i3
-z68 motherboard

I've got the computer going to the AVR which then outputs to the projector.

I don't do 3D and someone may correct me here but I don't think you can necessarily output 3D through the AVR.

Can you connect the projector directly with DVI and the AVR with the HDMI?
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

I don't do 3D and someone may correct me here but I don't think you can necessarily output 3D through the AVR.

His AVR is 1.4a so it's up to spec. Make sure the settings on the AVR are correct double check your manual. There should be a setting to let the A/V pass through. WinDVD check the tools menu and make sure prefer to play in 3d is ticked.
First thing to check is just hook it up to the PJ first like assasin mentioned, then you will know if it's a setting you may have missed in the AVR.

Sounds like a real nice setup good luck!
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Thanks a lot of everyone I've come up with a sort of half assed solution but it works nonetheless
Well my AVR is for some unknown reason not able to deal with 1.4a signals (eventhough it says it can)
So what I did was output my pc directly to the PJ through the ati 6450 graphics card. I then used the seperate onboard hdmi on the motherboard to bitstream dts-hd audio to the AVR.
Everything is working fine now.
A quick sidenote windvd will not make images 3D if your screen is bigger than 100 inches (mine is 120). After I put windvd on the images were all 2D.
I switched to Total Media Theater which will support greater than 100 inch screens and 3D looks fabulous on my 120.
Watching Avatar right now and the picture is BREATHTAKING. Much better than the half sbs garbage I was forced to watch because of this debacle.
Once again thanks everyone for your help and ideas and sorry if my working is off, im trying to type all this on the iphone
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

I don't do 3D and someone may correct me here but I don't think you can necessarily output 3D through the AVR.

Can you connect the projector directly with DVI and the AVR with the HDMI?

I just realized what I did is exactly what you said, although Im using both hdmi ports instead of one hdmi and one dvi.
Thanks bud!
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafz View Post

Well after investing in my brand new Panasonic PT-AE7000 3D Projector I was set to watch some 3d bluray on my HTPC. I Put it in the bluray drive opened up WinDVD, enabled HDMI 1.4 output and pressed play. I waited and then audio would play but I would get no video. Please help, I've tried all the solutions frrom upgrading my drivers to buying a new HDMI Cable. I'll post my specs so hopefully someone can help me. Thanks a lot, I've literally just given up on my 3d theater until I can fix this.

-AMD 6450 with latest drivers as of this post outputting 1080p24p
-PT AE 7000 projector
-Harman Kardon AVR 2600 V1.1
-50ft 1.4 HDMI Cable
-4 GB ram
-WinDVD Pro 11
-intel i3
-z68 motherboard

I've got the computer going to the AVR which then outputs to the projector.

No problems with 3D and 50ft of HDMI Cable? I thought 50ft of HDMI Cable would be problematic. At least there is hope for me when I upgrade to a 3D projector (I have a 45ft cable).

Tim
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimA View Post

No problems with 3D and 50ft of HDMI Cable? I thought 50ft of HDMI Cable would be problematic. At least there is hope for me when I upgrade to a 3D projector (I have a 45ft cable).

Tim

Nope, 50ft HDMI cable and 3D are working brilliantly for me now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › HTPC 3D Bluray Help!