Originally Posted by hack354674
Panasonic DMP-BDT 500 Region Free Hack(only works on DVD discs not Blu Ray discs).
I bet this hack will also work on the DMP-BDT 220 and 320
This is the same Panasonic remote hack that has worked on many Panasonic DVD players and Blu Ray players over the last several years.
I can confirm after the hack, the player stays Region Free even after a firmware update (just like other Panasonic Players).
I bought the One for All Essence 4 Way (URC 7140) remote.
If you have another One for All remote, it may need the 3 digit codes, simply use the 5 digit codes below but remove the first two 0. So 00191 would be 191
If I say the DVD button blinks twice, it must do this, if it does not you must try the sequence again and again until it does blink twice.
1. select dvd device on remote
2. hold magic button until the DVD button lights up and stays lit up.
3. enter device code 0490 (DVD button blinks twice)
program buttons with the following codes:
1. 00191 = ENTER
2. 00120 = 6
3. 00065 = >=10
4. 00180 = <<
5. 00143 = Service Key
6. 00155 = AUDIO
7. 00122 = 8
8. 00117 = 1
9. 00129 = SUBTITLE
0. 00123 = 4
1. hold magic button until the DVD button lights up and stays lit
2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice)
3. press magic
4. enter 5 digit code from above
5. press button (1,2,3 etc..) where to program it (DVD button blinks twice)
6. repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.
Switch on DVD player, make sure theirs no disc in it.
Press the One For All Remote buttons in the following sequence
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0
Then simply wait until the Panasonic makes it self region free (takes a minute or two).
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.