or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread - Page 90

post #2671 of 4169
Hi Johncourt,

Most of the problems are during the scene when Cobb and Ariadne are walking on the streets of Paris and his subconscious projections become gradually more hostile. That whole sequence just awful. There a few scenes during the fights in the snow also pixelate sometimes.

Any advice will be great because I sent the unit back and I now I need to know what to get to replace it.

Regards,
post #2672 of 4169
Do you guys think the 2013 models will be out in late Feb. like last year?
post #2673 of 4169
Dolby TrueHD is the same--no audio or recognition from the AVR when bitstreaming ('Secondary' set to 'OFF').

I'm at a loss as well. I realize these components should work this way, they just aren't.

The only "wildcard" that I can think of are the HDMI cables... They were some spares of a friend of my father's... They can't be THAT old, but I'm not really sure HDMI version support could be a factor. I don't think it could, seeing as my dad succesfully viewed a 3D BR on his new TV over an HDMI cable he installed over 6 years ago.
post #2674 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by satlos View Post

The only "wildcard" that I can think of are the HDMI cables... They were some spares of a friend of my father's... They can't be THAT old, but I'm not really sure HDMI version support could be a factor. I don't think it could, seeing as my dad succesfully viewed a 3D BR on his new TV over an HDMI cable he installed over 6 years ago.

Well, it's easy enough to try newer cables, no matter how counter-intuitive the need for them might be. It'd be my next step.
post #2675 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post

You can get these USB extensions that come with two two connectors, one of which is a power only jumper to augment the power feed on the normal signal line:

You could then try connecting the power/signal to the front and the jumper to the Skype socket on the back of the 220 (I'm sure it provides the same power as standard USB). Obviously you'd need a cable with a longer jumper than shown above.
Alternatively, you might be able to use one of those USB charger wall warts and connect the jumper to that?
]
Thanks, I thought about that but surprisingly it is not that easy to buy such double USB cables in Poland, because all 2.5" HDDs require single USBs only, Anyway I ordered one today for experimenting.
I guess, I anwered my doubts. It works great with an active, powered USB hub. HDD starts very quickly and responds very quickly. No problems now.
What sucks is that the player cannot read i.e. mp3 from an SD card. I thought about putting music files on the card, which could stay in the player with the cover closed. It makes me wonder why Panasonic engineers made such a weird distinction with different file types played from different mobile memories. I wonder if any "upgraded" software i.e. from firmwareinfo could do that?
Edited by Blondas - 12/6/12 at 1:48am
post #2676 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by satlos View Post

Dolby TrueHD is the same--no audio or recognition from the AVR when bitstreaming ('Secondary' set to 'OFF').
I'm at a loss as well. I realize these components should work this way, they just aren't.
The only "wildcard" that I can think of are the HDMI cables... They were some spares of a friend of my father's... They can't be THAT old, but I'm not really sure HDMI version support could be a factor. I don't think it could, seeing as my dad succesfully viewed a 3D BR on his new TV over an HDMI cable he installed over 6 years ago.
If you haven't already, try a reset of the player. If that doesn't work do a reset of the AVR. I have seen the same thing before a few times.

S~
post #2677 of 4169
I picked up a 220 and using it on an panasonic 55st50. Do I leave the 24p setting on or off on the player? Is the 24p processing done on the tv?

thank

melvis
post #2678 of 4169
Here a good question for you...two in fact!
What type and brand is the Audio DA converter for the 2 channel stereo output inside the 220?
What type and brand is the video processor?

Luke
Edited by Luke123 - 12/6/12 at 8:23am
post #2679 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

If you haven't already, try a reset of the player. If that doesn't work do a reset of the AVR. I have seen the same thing before a few times.
S~

I did a quick google search and found this process... Is this the one I should be using to reset the Panny BDP?


From Panasonic:
Reset the unit by following these instructions: 1) While the unit is off, press and hold the [KEYS] button on the remote control along with the(B) and [Y] buttons on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the unit's display. 2) Repeatedly press [R] on the remote control until "08 FIN" is displayed on the unit's display. 3) Press and hold [G] on the remote control for at least 3 seconds. This procedure also resets the VIERA Connect password.

Edited by satlos - 12/6/12 at 11:59am
post #2680 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spizzirri View Post

I picked up a 220 and using it on an panasonic 55st50. Do I leave the 24p setting on or off on the player? Is the 24p processing done on the tv?
thank
melvis

On, otherwise it will do 3-2 pull-down and the set won't be able to do 24p
post #2681 of 4169
thanks gregory

do i set my tv to 48hz or 60hz?
post #2682 of 4169
It will do it automatically.
post #2683 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spizzirri View Post

thanks gregory
do i set my tv to 48hz or 60hz?

You need to go into the setup menu and select 48Hz on the TV. Default is 60Hz..

S~
post #2684 of 4169
Hey folks, got a new DMP-BDT220 to go with my TC-L47E50. 2 questions for the experts:

1) I want to use my TV remote to control the Player. It appears my TV remote is missing a "MENU" button that allows access to the DVD options. Without the menu button, I have to use 2 remotes to play (yeah, I know, first world problem). I don't want a universal remote, so basically, I was wondering if I'm missing something obvious (like can I reprogram a button the TV remote to give me the Player menu), or am I hosed? The Player remote lacks a "mute" button and has tiny volume controls, so it's useless for daily use.

2) I'm trying to get a WiDi (Wi-Fi Direct) connection from my laptop to the Media Renderer. I'm never done this before, and don't really see a "how to" manual on google. I've downloaded the WiDi widget from Intel, and gone through the setup on the Player. It sees the MAC address for my laptop, and I can't push any content. Thoughts?
post #2685 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by satlos View Post

I did a quick google search and found this process... Is this the one I should be using to reset the Panny BDP?
From Panasonic:
Reset the unit by following these instructions: 1) While the unit is off, press and hold the [KEYS] button on the remote control along with the(B) and [Y] buttons on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the unit's display. 2) Repeatedly press [R] on the remote control until "08 FIN" is displayed on the unit's display. 3) Press and hold [G] on the remote control for at least 3 seconds. This procedure also resets the VIERA Connect password.
That sounds like it. It is on the owner's manual in the troubleshooting section. If that doesn't solve it, reset the AVR. One of the two should fix it.

S~
post #2686 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by damovand View Post

Hi Johncourt,
Most of the problems are during the scene when Cobb and Ariadne are walking on the streets of Paris and his subconscious projections become gradually more hostile. That whole sequence just awful. There a few scenes during the fights in the snow also pixelate sometimes.
Any advice will be great because I sent the unit back and I now I need to know what to get to replace it.
Regards,

It would be immensely helpful if you gave specific time entries: hour/min/sec so we can try to replicate the issues.
post #2687 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

You need to go into the setup menu and select 48Hz on the TV. Default is 60Hz..
S~

For 3D movies I've read 48Hz is the way to go. HOWEVER, do you guys suggest I play all BRs in 48Hz as opposed to 60Hz? Is there a difference? I have the player set to 24p and my panel is a 55st50.
post #2688 of 4169
^ Yes, when 24p matches what's on the disc it allows for straight frame repetition to make 48 or 72 Hz in the TV as opposed to 3:2 pulldown to make 60 Hz which introduces judder.

When the disc is 60i or 60p it will hopefully automatically turn off 24p.
post #2689 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

For 3D movies I've read 48Hz is the way to go. HOWEVER, do you guys suggest I play all BRs in 48Hz as opposed to 60Hz? Is there a difference? I have the player set to 24p and my panel is a 55st50.
Many people report a flickering/pulsing when using 48Hz mode and opt for 60. If you don't notice it, leave it set for 48Hz.

S~
post #2690 of 4169
Hi to all,
As I noticed bdt220 can play flac files.
I managed to play those files[5.1 flacs]....bu only to stereo...
WTF?

N
post #2691 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

You need to go into the setup menu and select 48Hz on the TV. Default is 60Hz..
S~

I have never ever set my tv to anything, it follows the db player. I have 4 sets that I have done this with and one projector. It adjusts to 24p, no need to do anything unless you have a really strange setup.
post #2692 of 4169
I recently purchased a 220 and I am having issues getting blurays to work. I currently have denon 2310 which doesn't have hdmi 1.4. I was under the impression that if I didn't view 3d blurays I would be fine. Unfortunately the video portion doesn't appear to be working. The picture is scrambled and drops out after about 10 seconds. Is this possible to get working with the 2310 or do I have to upgrade?
post #2693 of 4169
No Problemo,

You need to purchase a hdmi 1.4 compatible spliter[cheaper would be a wire that splits in two]..One hdmi goes DIRECTLY to your tv set[4 3d video],the other hdmi goes DITECTLY to your Denon[4 multich. audio].Thats all!!

Have a great day,
N
post #2694 of 4169
Try another cable/hdmi input or it could be the player. Did it work with another player?
post #2695 of 4169
The cables worked with a bdt350. Unfortunately the 350 decided to stop reading discs. Why is a splitter necessary for 2d viewing?
post #2696 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofA fan View Post

The cables worked with a bdt350. Unfortunately the 350 decided to stop reading discs. Why is a splitter necessary for 2d viewing?

A splitter isn't necessary for 2d. As Gregory suggested, try another HDMI cable and also try another HDMI input on the receiver. Those receiver inputs can be quirky sometimes. For instance, I have a Denon 4310 and my cable box will only work on HDMI 1 or 2. When using the other inputs I get garbled video. If all this fails, plug the 220 directly into the TV to rule out a defective player.
post #2697 of 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofA fan View Post

I recently purchased a 220 and I am having issues getting blurays to work. I currently have denon 2310 which doesn't have hdmi 1.4. I was under the impression that if I didn't view 3d blurays I would be fine. Unfortunately the video portion doesn't appear to be working. The picture is scrambled and drops out after about 10 seconds. Is this possible to get working with the 2310 or do I have to upgrade?

I am feeding my Denon 2310 with my new BDT500 via HDMI and it works fine, I would try another cable. On the Denon I would try turning the video scaler off if it is on and if that fails try a microprocessor reset.

Can you try the player out on another TV?
post #2698 of 4169
I have the DMP-BDT 500 and I'm trying to use it to play video files (backups of my own DVD collection) from a network share. I've tried a number of different formats but haven't yet found one that works 100%. I want as close to the original video quality as possible (but I don't mind converting to h264 if I have to), I want to retain the original AC3 soundtrack and I want the subtitles to be available. So far the closest I've come is to create an MKV with MakeMKV. This preserves the original video quality and the AC3 soundtrack and the player even recognises that there is a subtitle track present but it refuses to actually display the subtitles. I have discovered that if extract the IDX/SUB subtitles, convert them to SRT and then mux them back into MKV file then the player will display the subtitles but the (OCR) conversion to SRT is incredibly time-consuming and tends to result in lots of errors. Does anyone know of a format that will meet all of my needs?
post #2699 of 4169
When you say turn off the video scaler do you mean the i/p scaler in the settings?
post #2700 of 4169
Well I turned off the ip scaler and changed the hdmi cable and 2 blurays seemed to work. thx for the help fellas.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread