or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Family Feud" and "Judge Judy" still in SD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Family Feud" and "Judge Judy" still in SD.

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Any word on if or when "Family Feud" and "Judge Judy" will go HD in the near future? It's now three years since the switchover and those shows are still in SD.
post #2 of 21
That would involve investing money in those shows, and people who watch this crap don't care enough about HD to warrant the investment in new cameras.
post #3 of 21
Family Feud is going HD in the fall. http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/fami...f-u-s-goes-hd/
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontail60 View Post

That would involve investing money in those shows, and people who watch this crap don't care enough about HD to warrant the investment in new cameras.

Family Feud is crap? Have you seen it with Steve Harvey? He's freakin' hilarious.
post #5 of 21
A recent demographics study of the viewers of Judge Judy indicated that 81.7% didn't have access to HD displays; 62.4% had diminished vision; and 41.6% had early or advanced alzheimer's. Therefore, HD was deemed unnecessary.
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

A recent demographics study of the viewers of Judge Judy indicated that 81.7% didn't have access to HD displays; 62.4% had diminished vision; and 41.6% had early or advanced alzheimer's. Therefore, HD was deemed unnecessary.

In other words, I'm one of the youngest viewers.
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

Family Feud is crap? Have you seen it with Steve Harvey? He's freakin' hilarious.

I only wish he didn't relocate the show to Atlanta. I would have preferred he keep it in L.A.
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange County CA View Post

I only wish he didn't relocate the show to Atlanta. I would have preferred he keep it in L.A.

probably cheaper and also closer to majority if US population.
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange County CA View Post

In other words, I'm one of the youngest viewers.

Maybe you don't remember that you're actually old.
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

Family Feud is crap? Have you seen it with Steve Harvey? He's freakin' hilarious.

To each his own. When ever I see a promo or flip by the show I find Steve Harvey cringe induing, to me he is so annoying. Not a chance i hell I'd watch his version of the show. Over the years the hosts have been spotty, some good, some not so good, SH is bottom of the barrel for me.

But back of topic at this point there is no excuse for any newly produced show not to be in HD.
post #11 of 21
People watch these shows?
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

To each his own. When ever I see a promo or flip by the show I find Steve Harvey cringe induing, to me he is so annoying. Not a chance i hell I'd watch his version of the show. Over the years the hosts have been spotty, some good, some not so good, SH is bottom of the barrel for me.

But back of topic at this point there is no excuse for any newly produced show not to be in HD.

I didn't know I liked Steve Harvey either until I ACTUALLY WATCHED THE SHOW AND DIDN'T JUST JUDGE BEFORE EVEN TRYING HIM ON FOR SIZE. I think he's awesome and the show is also a lot pervier now too. Steve Harvey is bottom of the barrel? They actually had Al Borland hosting for a while. He was so bad. Zero personality. And before that I think it was Louie Anderson. Wow. You like those two people better than Steve Harvey. I have no words for that.

I will now step off of my Steve Harvey soap box.
post #13 of 21
I might start watching it again if they could somehow lure Richard Dawson out of retirement.
post #14 of 21
Add Hometime (on PBS) to the list. Although with the number of sub-channels our local PBS has it doesn't really matter.
post #15 of 21
Judge Judy... can't stand the show.
post #16 of 21
"Year-over-year, the long-running game show, now hosted by Steve Harvey, is up 40 percent in its key women 25-54 demographic and has posted a 35 percent household gain compared with 2010."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ed-2015-256702
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post

Judge Judy... can't stand the show.

Somebody must be watching since she makes approximately $30,000,000 per year.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Somebody must be watching since she makes approximately $30,000,000 per year.

CBS Morning News just did a segment on her a few weeks ago. Her salary was said to be closer to 45 million. There is certainly no room for HD cameras with so little money to work with.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by machpost View Post

I might start watching it again if they could somehow lure Richard Dawson out of retirement.

he came back in the 1994-1995 and it was a disater. I doubt at the age of 79 he'd be very good.
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF68 View Post

he came back in the 1994-1995 and it was a disater. I doubt at the age of 79 he'd be very good.

I saw a YouTube interview of him recorded just this past year and he is definitely way past hosting "Family Feud" again. Doesn't look anything like he did in 1994-95.
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange County CA View Post

In other words, I'm one of the youngest viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Maybe you don't remember that you're actually old.

Whatever. I'll just say that I upgraded to HD months before the switchover, I don't have diminished vision and I don't have Alzheimer's. On top of that, unlike the people in your demographic, I upgrade to the latest releases on my iMac (Mac OS, Office for Mac, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer etc.).

My parents still use Tiger on their iMac.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Family Feud" and "Judge Judy" still in SD.