or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Sony BDP-S590 and BDP-390 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony BDP-S590 and BDP-390 Thread - Page 74

post #2191 of 3999
I would appreciate help with an issue I have streaming from my PC over WIFI.

About 10 days ago, my S590 stopped recognizing my media servers. I had made no recent changes to the settings on the S590 or on my Win 7 PC. I was previously able to stream via windows media player or Twonky, but both servers could no longer be connected to. I had been using this one as a media center extender for several months without a problem and had used another S590 for a year or so before that.

Today, I moved my S590 to another room which has an ethernet jack and was able to immediately connect to the servers and stream. If I switch back to WIFI, I am still not able to connect to the servers. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem and how it might be fixed? I would have to run an ethernet cable from one end of my house to the other and up two stories to get an ethernet jack in the room that the S590 is supposed to go and that isn't really feasible.

Thanks.
post #2192 of 3999
Hi all,

Im wondering if the S390 does sequential file playback like the PS3 does for video files on a connected hard drive? Also is there any limitation to the size of the hard drive you can connect to the S390?

Thanks!
post #2193 of 3999
Hi all,

I bought the BDP-BX59 from Costco. It's been working extremely well so far. However, I'm running into an issue upon startup, and I'm not sure whether it's been brought up before. I've scanned about the last month's worth of posts, but 74 pages is a bit long to go through the whole thing.

I do not have the unit on standby for fast startup as I'm patient enough to have it get to its home screen. However, when it does get to the home screen, it turns an inverted rainbow color sort of like you're looking at a photo negative. Then it flashes back to normal and goes back and forth for several minutes. Has anyone else experienced this and knows what the issue is (and hopefully a fix for it)?

Thanks!
post #2194 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

Might want to cancel that service call. Netflix went through a major outage just the last day or so.
http://downrightnow.com/netflix
Looks like they were down for several hours several times. It was Netflix, not your player most likely I'd say.

Another trick is to unlink the device and relink it.
post #2195 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_God_Thor View Post

Hi all,
Im wondering if the S390 does sequential file playback like the PS3 does for video files on a connected hard drive? Also is there any limitation to the size of the hard drive you can connect to the S390?
Thanks!

Yes it does do sequential PB

No there shouldn't be any disk size limit. NTFS is supported.
post #2196 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4517 View Post

Hi all,
I bought the BDP-BX59 from Costco. It's been working extremely well so far. However, I'm running into an issue upon startup, and I'm not sure whether it's been brought up before. I've scanned about the last month's worth of posts, but 74 pages is a bit long to go through the whole thing.
I do not have the unit on standby for fast startup as I'm patient enough to have it get to its home screen. However, when it does get to the home screen, it turns an inverted rainbow color sort of like you're looking at a photo negative. Then it flashes back to normal and goes back and forth for several minutes. Has anyone else experienced this and knows what the issue is (and hopefully a fix for it)?
Thanks!

Hmm. Is it connected via HDMI ? Direct to TV or through receiver.

Are you able to reset the player back to factory settings and go through original setup again.
post #2197 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

I would appreciate help with an issue I have streaming from my PC over WIFI.
About 10 days ago, my S590 stopped recognizing my media servers. I had made no recent changes to the settings on the S590 or on my Win 7 PC. I was previously able to stream via windows media player or Twonky, but both servers could no longer be connected to. I had been using this one as a media center extender for several months without a problem and had used another S590 for a year or so before that.
Today, I moved my S590 to another room which has an ethernet jack and was able to immediately connect to the servers and stream. If I switch back to WIFI, I am still not able to connect to the servers. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem and how it might be fixed? I would have to run an ethernet cable from one end of my house to the other and up two stories to get an ethernet jack in the room that the S590 is supposed to go and that isn't really feasible.
Thanks.

When you are on wifi with the player are you able to connect to any network service, eg crackle, YouTube, SEN, etc ?

Make sure it's connecting to YOUR wifi network and not a neighbors !!
post #2198 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALew15 View Post

Until yesterday my setup was as follows:
Synology NAS (to stream M4V video files)
D-Link AV500 Powerline adapters for the network signal
Sony S470
All works great.
Today I purchased a S590 for a different room. It sees the NAS server just the same, but refuses to play any video mad.gif. I've tried it with several formats - MP4, MKV etc. Photos and music play just fine.
I have tried wireless and wired, and have tried it in the same room using the same network cable as the S470, but all I get is the message "The file is corrupt or unsupported"
I expected the S590 to be at least equally as capable as the S470 when it came to video file compatibility. Are there are known issues with the S590?
All help is much appreciated!
smile.gif

What's the DLNA server on the NAS ?

Just try running Serviio on your computer and point to your NAS. Make sure you select the Bravia TV 2012 - us profile for the 590. You can verify then that your media will play on the 590.

Next then troubleshoot the DLNA server on the NAS.
post #2199 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

What's the DLNA server on the NAS ?
Just try running Serviio on your computer and point to your NAS. Make sure you select the Bravia TV 2012 - us profile for the 590. You can verify then that your media will play on the 590.
Next then troubleshoot the DLNA server on the NAS.

Many thanks for your reply.

I don't know what the DNLA server is. The NAS is a Synology 212j. I've checked the product sheet and there's no mention of a name for the DNLA server.

Can you explain more about the 'Bravia TV 2012' profile - is this something selected on the Blu Ray, or from within Serviio?
post #2200 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Another trick is to unlink the device and relink it.

I can't unlink the device because it never connects to NetFlix. They sent me a key sequence (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up), to unlink, but it apparently doesn't work unless you fully connect to Netflix first. Netflix did unlink it twice, and I was able to relogin, but the same problem persists. I've also connected via ethernet, and via my neighbor's WiFi. I've done the Factory Reset twice.
post #2201 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

When you are on wifi with the player are you able to connect to any network service, eg crackle, YouTube, SEN, etc ?
Make sure it's connecting to YOUR wifi network and not a neighbors !!

I confirmed that I am connected to my network. I even tested the connection through my router via a browser on my pc.

I can't stream from Netflix, etc. because I'm running the old firmware, not the most recent version.

I lose the ability to stream most of my content from my HTPC if I update and was not able to get the conversion on the fly workaround using Twonky to work. After updating on my previous S590, I ended up exchanging it after 2 weeks of trying to fix the streaming without success. The new player with the original firmware worked great until 10 days ago, except for losing Netflix (which my non-DLNA TV can stream, anyway). Plus, I prefer the file management for using WMP to stream over Twonky's system. (WMP lets you easily navigate based on TV show title, which is very convenient...of course that doesn't matter if I can't connect to either server)
post #2202 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyarns View Post

I can't unlink the device because it never connects to NetFlix. They sent me a key sequence (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up), to unlink, but it apparently doesn't work unless you fully connect to Netflix first. Netflix did unlink it twice, and I was able to relogin, but the same problem persists. I've also connected via ethernet, and via my neighbor's WiFi. I've done the Factory Reset twice.

That's the same key sequence to unlock all the songs on rockband biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

I would appreciate help with an issue I have streaming from my PC over WIFI.
About 10 days ago, my S590 stopped recognizing my media servers. I had made no recent changes to the settings on the S590 or on my Win 7 PC. I was previously able to stream via windows media player or Twonky, but both servers could no longer be connected to. I had been using this one as a media center extender for several months without a problem and had used another S590 for a year or so before that.
Today, I moved my S590 to another room which has an ethernet jack and was able to immediately connect to the servers and stream. If I switch back to WIFI, I am still not able to connect to the servers. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem and how it might be fixed? I would have to run an ethernet cable from one end of my house to the other and up two stories to get an ethernet jack in the room that the S590 is supposed to go and that isn't really feasible.
Thanks.

Might want to log into your wireless router as admin and check your advanced setup. Mine had a specific check box to enable windows media center sharing. You could also look at your wireless sessions and see if the ip address assigned to your 590 is showing up active or not. You may want to reserve a specific address to that device. I reserve addresses for all devices used on my network and label them so I can see if an unknown device is on my network and boot it off if I don't know what it is.
post #2203 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Yes it does do sequential PB
No there shouldn't be any disk size limit. NTFS is supported.

Thats awesome. This is just what I was looking for then. Thanks for the reply apw2607!
post #2204 of 3999

anyone having issues with netflix 5.1 streaming on this player? i was watching the fifth element last night which is clearly a streaming HD 5.1 title (and that audio option was selected in netflix) but my receiver was only showing stereo play. other sources (vudu, blu rays, etc) play 5.1 as expected.

post #2205 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogeeker View Post

anyone having issues with netflix 5.1 streaming on this player? i was watching the fifth element last night which is clearly a streaming HD 5.1 title (and that audio option was selected in netflix) but my receiver was only showing stereo play.

The problem is specific to that title (you should get DD+ from other 5.1 titles; try it). I've tried playing it on my S390, TiVo Premiere, PS3 (fat) and Roku 2 XS and, though it shows as having DD+ 5.1 in all of their UIs (identical except Roku), it only plays stereo. It's stereo with Pro Logic matrix surround encoding intact, but stereo nonetheless.

Sadly, Netflix doesn't give you any way to tell them about this; their online "report a problem" with a title has a handful of choices, none of which being "is supposed to have 5.1 sound but does not".
Edited by michaeltscott - 11/27/12 at 2:05pm
post #2206 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALew15 View Post

Many thanks for your reply.
I don't know what the DNLA server is. The NAS is a Synology 212j. I've checked the product sheet and there's no mention of a name for the DNLA server.
Can you explain more about the 'Bravia TV 2012' profile - is this something selected on the Blu Ray, or from within Serviio?

Yes, Sorry. Bravia TV 2012 profile is the profile that you need to select for the S590 with Serviio.

Thats the best I can suggest right now. Sony did do some changes on the last firmware in the way it deals with different file formats with DLNA. Its very possible your DLNA server on your NAS isn't compatible, or needs tweaking. Your NAS is probably running a version of Linux, so it maybe possible to run Serviio directly on your NAS.
post #2207 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyarns View Post

I can't unlink the device because it never connects to NetFlix. They sent me a key sequence (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up), to unlink, but it apparently doesn't work unless you fully connect to Netflix first. Netflix did unlink it twice, and I was able to relogin, but the same problem persists. I've also connected via ethernet, and via my neighbor's WiFi. I've done the Factory Reset twice.

You can unlink Netflix using the Netflix.com website. Goto your account and unlink devices. Its does unlink them all !!

Another thing you can do is unlink all the apps from the player. You need to do this on the player (Settings > resetting > Initialize personal information), AND goto sony essentials and do it. https://internet.sony.tv/customer

Then relink. Yes, its a big pain, but normally resolves the issue.
post #2208 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

I confirmed that I am connected to my network. I even tested the connection through my router via a browser on my pc.
I can't stream from Netflix, etc. because I'm running the old firmware, not the most recent version.
I lose the ability to stream most of my content from my HTPC if I update and was not able to get the conversion on the fly workaround using Twonky to work. After updating on my previous S590, I ended up exchanging it after 2 weeks of trying to fix the streaming without success. The new player with the original firmware worked great until 10 days ago, except for losing Netflix (which my non-DLNA TV can stream, anyway). Plus, I prefer the file management for using WMP to stream over Twonky's system. (WMP lets you easily navigate based on TV show title, which is very convenient...of course that doesn't matter if I can't connect to either server)

Ok, I understand you can't connect to Netflix, but how about any streaming services. Or try the built in web browser. Just validate that your connected to your wifi network and are able to send/receive data.

Another thing to try is another DLNA server. Serviio is really rather good with these Sony players, as stated before .. if you do decide to use Serviio, use the "bravia 2012 TV -us" profile ... not the Sony BD profile is selects by default !
post #2209 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

Might want to log into your wireless router as admin and check your advanced setup. Mine had a specific check box to enable windows media center sharing. You could also look at your wireless sessions and see if the ip address assigned to your 590 is showing up active or not. You may want to reserve a specific address to that device. I reserve addresses for all devices used on my network and label them so I can see if an unknown device is on my network and boot it off if I don't know what it is.

Thanks for your input.

I don't have the specific option to enable WMC sharing, but I did follow the steps suggested for my router to enable port forwarding for WM Server (which I assume is effectively the same) at http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI424-WR_Rev.E/Windows_Media_Server.htm . Either way, streaming works great over a wired connection so I wouldn't think it was an issue with . My S590 connects to my home network at IP 192.168.1.10, connects to both media servers and streams fine, and can access the internet. If I connect the S590 over WIFI, I connect to my home network as IP 192.168.1.7 (confirmed on my S590, the advanced sharing feature in windows, and by logging into my router) and can access the internet via the S590's browser but I can't connect to either media server and can't stream. I was able to stream from my HTPC over WIFI for several months without problem before, too. Checking the advanced streaming options from WMP shows 3 blu-ray players - the current wired and wireless IPs for the S590 and another (possibly the old S590). The setting for each of these are the same.

I've restarted the servers, turned sharing off and then on again, reshared the folders, and even temporarily disabled windows firewall but everything in the previous paragraph remains true. Since I can stream over a wired connection, I can't figure out where the problem lies. It likely isn't the S590. Neither that nor the router have had any updates since they were acquired. I suspect it may be a Windows issue.

I'm about at the point of doing a clean install of Windows 7. If that doesn't work, I may switch to Windows 8 (the only reason I haven't yet is that I didn't want to muck up my ability to stream my DVR files, which are already mucked up now). If that fails, I have already been thinking about putting together a low power HTPC for the room that the S590 is used in, but that is a $300 fix and using the S590 just for playing discs and streaming netflix to a different room. My guess is that none of these is absolutely necessary to solve the problem, though.

Sigh...between my frustrations with my PS3, the problems caused by the firmware update to the S590, and now this issue, I'm about done with Sony for good.
post #2210 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Ok, I understand you can't connect to Netflix, but how about any streaming services. Or try the built in web browser. Just validate that your connected to your wifi network and are able to send/receive data.
Another thing to try is another DLNA server. Serviio is really rather good with these Sony players, as stated before .. if you do decide to use Serviio, use the "bravia 2012 TV -us" profile ... not the Sony BD profile is selects by default !

Thanks for your input.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I can connect to the internet via the browser in the S590. I was able to access the Sony website.

I downloaded Serviio. With a wired connection, I can connect to all three servers (Twonky, Serviio, and WMP). Twonky and Serviio give me a "No Playable File" message, though. WMP streams successfully. Over WIFI, I can not connect to any of the 3. The servers are listed, but they are greyed out. I did use the bravia 2012 TV -us profile.
post #2211 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Ok, I understand you can't connect to Netflix, but how about any streaming services. Or try the built in web browser. Just validate that your connected to your wifi network and are able to send/receive data.
Another thing to try is another DLNA server. Serviio is really rather good with these Sony players, as stated before .. if you do decide to use Serviio, use the "bravia 2012 TV -us" profile ... not the Sony BD profile is selects by default !

Thanks for your input.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I can connect to the internet via the browser in the S590. I was able to access the Sony website.

I downloaded Serviio. With a wired connection, I can connect to all three servers (Twonky, Serviio, and WMP). Twonky and Serviio give me a "No Playable File" message, though. WMP streams successfully. Over WIFI, I can not connect to any of the 3. The servers are listed, but they are greyed out. I did use the bravia 2012 TV -us profile.

Try setting up your player to use a static IP address. You'll need to configure this on your player's connection settings as well as your router. I had issues similar to what you described when allowing the player to get its own IP address. Setting a static IP resolved the issues for me.
post #2212 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALew15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALew15 View Post

Until yesterday my setup was as follows:
Synology NAS (to stream M4V video files)
D-Link AV500 Powerline adapters for the network signal
Sony S470
All works great.
Today I purchased a S590 for a different room. It sees the NAS server just the same, but refuses to play any video mad.gif. I've tried it with several formats - MP4, MKV etc. Photos and music play just fine.
I have tried wireless and wired, and have tried it in the same room using the same network cable as the S470, but all I get is the message "The file is corrupt or unsupported"
I expected the S590 to be at least equally as capable as the S470 when it came to video file compatibility. Are there are known issues with the S590?
All help is much appreciated!
smile.gif

Ok, this just got stranger...

The S590 refuses to play videos from the NAS over the network, but do play the same files from a USB drive.

Again, the S590 plays music and photos from the NAS just fine, and if I plug the same network cable into my S470 that plays the videos from the NAS no problem.

Any ideas?

I don't have a Synology myself, but it sounds like there is an issue with the way your NAS is addressing your 590. The Synology devices seem to support device profiles so you may need to use a different profile. More info here:

http://www.synology.com/support/tutorials_show.php?q_id=452#t2

Serviio can be installed on some Synology devices which might be a workaround or means to add additional file compatibility if desired (assuming your device is compatible).
post #2213 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Try setting up your player to use a static IP address. You'll need to configure this on your player's connection settings as well as your router. I had issues similar to what you described when allowing the player to get its own IP address. Setting a static IP resolved the issues for me.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it did not work. I just tried a static IP and it did not work. I tried 3 different static IPs. I assigned the wireless connection the same IP used for wireless, the IP that had previously been used for the wired connection, and a 3rd IP and got the same results.

I reset the network settings for the S590 in between one of them and the 3 media servers DID show up, but they were still greyed out. Switching back to a wired connection allowed me to stream via WMP server again without problem.
post #2214 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

Thanks for your input.
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I can connect to the internet via the browser in the S590. I was able to access the Sony website.
I downloaded Serviio. With a wired connection, I can connect to all three servers (Twonky, Serviio, and WMP). Twonky and Serviio give me a "No Playable File" message, though. WMP streams successfully. Over WIFI, I can not connect to any of the 3. The servers are listed, but they are greyed out. I did use the bravia 2012 TV -us profile.

The DLNA server will register the device using the IP address either you manually assigned or from DHCP. If your are switching between wired and wireless you need to delete the DLNA server on the 590 and then search for them again after switching. Otherwise the DLNA server will get confused. Perhaps WMP is able to deal with this.

You can do this from network > connection server settings

Options > remove all

Wait a second or two

Then update server list.

Check on the DLNA server that again the Sony is shown and has the correct IP address that the dhcp server / or manually setting is correct.

If you have a media inspector ... Something that can tell what type of file it is, what codec was used, bit rate, etc etc ... Be interested to know what file you are trying to play where it says unsupported / corrupt / no playable.
post #2215 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

The DLNA server will register the device using the IP address either you manually assigned or from DHCP. If your are switching between wired and wireless you need to delete the DLNA server on the 590 and then search for them again after switching. Otherwise the DLNA server will get confused. Perhaps WMP is able to deal with this.
You can do this from network > connection server settings
Options > remove all
Wait a second or two
Then update server list.
Check on the DLNA server that again the Sony is shown and has the correct IP address that the dhcp server / or manually setting is correct.
If you have a media inspector ... Something that can tell what type of file it is, what codec was used, bit rate, etc etc ... Be interested to know what file you are trying to play where it says unsupported / corrupt / no playable.

I tried this before, but I did it again just to check. No media servers are found when I search for them in WIFI mode.

When this issue arose for the first time 10 days ago, I had never connected this device using a wired connection. Only a wireless connection was used.

Edit: I also just did a system restore on the PC running the server to the oldest restore point that I had (1 week ago). The issue remains. Unfortunately, Firefox recovered my google search to try to figure out the solution to this problem from a week ago, so that means that I couldn't restore back to before the problem occurred..

Edit 2: I am not able to access any of the files via Twonky or Serviio. The file that I was able to stream via WMP over the wired connection was a .wtv file that was a DVRed 30 Rock episode off of comedy central. The file properties don't list the information you are asking for, and I'm not sure what a good media inspector is. I also streamed another show and since they all appear to show up (whereas I get the error message as soon as I try to access the Twonky or Serviio servers), I would imagine that it isn't an issue with a particular file.

Edit 3: I double checked the advanced sharing options in Windows. Although I removed all of the blu-ray player listings there when I removed the media servers from the player, three blu-ray players are showing up. Two are listed with the "device webpage" as 192.168.1.7:52323" although one has it's IP listed as 192.198.1.**3** while the other is 192.168.1.**7**. The third replaces the 4th group of digits with an 8 for both IP and "device webpage". All three of these appeared again despite only connecting via wireless again.

I'm headed to bed. Thanks again for your help with this.
Edited by rxedhawk - 11/27/12 at 10:11pm
post #2216 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post


Sigh...between my frustrations with my PS3, the problems caused by the firmware update to the S590, and now this issue, I'm about done with Sony for good.

I've been there before. Late 80's when I realized 3 of my CD players had all quit working within 3 years of purchase and all of them were Sony. I gave up on them for a while until the Playstation came along.

Flashback*

Well home networking for the non-professional is storied struggle for all of us at times. Good luck getting it working.
post #2217 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

You can unlink Netflix using the Netflix.com website. Goto your account and unlink devices. Its does unlink them all !!
Another thing you can do is unlink all the apps from the player. You need to do this on the player (Settings > resetting > Initialize personal information), AND goto sony essentials and do it. https://internet.sony.tv/customer
Then relink. Yes, its a big pain, but normally resolves the issue.

Thanks, I'll try this tonight.
post #2218 of 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

You can unlink Netflix using the Netflix.com website. Goto your account and unlink devices. Its does unlink them all !!
Another thing you can do is unlink all the apps from the player. You need to do this on the player (Settings > resetting > Initialize personal information), AND goto sony essentials and do it. https://internet.sony.tv/customer
Then relink. Yes, its a big pain, but normally resolves the issue.

Hi all, speaking of Sony Essentials is anyone able to log into it?

I can't log in for 9 days and Sony is no help. I get the message "Login failed. Either your login information is incorrect, or the account has been disabled. Please try again." and I try a few more times and I get this message " You have exceeded the maximum number of log in attempts. Please contact us at 1-877-731-7669 or by email at sonystyle@custhelp.com for assistance with your Account".

I can't understand why it would take this long for Sony Website Support Team to correct my log in issue.
post #2219 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi all, speaking of Sony Essentials is anyone able to log into it?
I can't log in for 9 days and Sony is no help. I get the message "Login failed. Either your login information is incorrect, or the account has been disabled. Please try again." and I try a few more times and I get this message " You have exceeded the maximum number of log in attempts. Please contact us at 1-877-731-7669 or by email at sonystyle@custhelp.com for assistance with your Account".
I can't understand why it would take this long for Sony Website Support Team to correct my log in issue.

I can log into Sony Essentials OK.
post #2220 of 3999
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxedhawk View Post

I tried this before, but I did it again just to check. No media servers are found when I search for them in WIFI mode.
When this issue arose for the first time 10 days ago, I had never connected this device using a wired connection. Only a wireless connection was used.
Edit: I also just did a system restore on the PC running the server to the oldest restore point that I had (1 week ago). The issue remains. Unfortunately, Firefox recovered my google search to try to figure out the solution to this problem from a week ago, so that means that I couldn't restore back to before the problem occurred..
Edit 2: I am not able to access any of the files via Twonky or Serviio. The file that I was able to stream via WMP over the wired connection was a .wtv file that was a DVRed 30 Rock episode off of comedy central. The file properties don't list the information you are asking for, and I'm not sure what a good media inspector is. I also streamed another show and since they all appear to show up (whereas I get the error message as soon as I try to access the Twonky or Serviio servers), I would imagine that it isn't an issue with a particular file.
Edit 3: I double checked the advanced sharing options in Windows. Although I removed all of the blu-ray player listings there when I removed the media servers from the player, three blu-ray players are showing up. Two are listed with the "device webpage" as 192.168.1.7:52323" although one has it's IP listed as 192.198.1.**3** while the other is 192.168.1.**7**. The third replaces the 4th group of digits with an 8 for both IP and "device webpage". All three of these appeared again despite only connecting via wireless again.
I'm headed to bed. Thanks again for your help with this.

With regards to the WTV issue with serviio, try this fix: (assuming the content doesn't have copy protection on it that I know some WMC stuff does).

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6435

I guess the default profiles are not set up for WTV.

With regards to why you can't see the DLNA servers when connected WIFI .... i'm sorry, you have stumped me.

I guess what I would do would be to start from scratch again. I would Delete all entries of the s590 across my DLNA servers. I would reboot my router, and double check everything is in order there.

I would then delete my personal data from the 590 under resetting, and then do a factory reset ... and try again. If that didn't work, not sure where you got it from and if it can be returned, but just get another one. The 590 (and the 390/790) really do work very well with DLNA servers (especially serviio). I use my 790 99% of the time with serviio. I actually prefer to playback material via Serviio than using disks. The machine is quieter ! Same picture and audio. Sorry, I can't help any further.
Edited by apw2607 - 11/28/12 at 12:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Sony BDP-S590 and BDP-390 Thread