or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Looking to Spend $3k-$5k on a LCR---Suggestions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to Spend $3k-$5k on a LCR---Suggestions? - Page 3

post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

But seriously you should contact Jeff and have him bring a pair of the new Triple 8's or Quintuple 8's to your GTG (he loves GTG's). There have been a lot of improvements in the speakers since that first generation you heard. I actually did a side by side (although not blind) with the original T8's vs my Ultima Studio2's in 2009 and felt that at moderate volume the clarity and detail were close, but the Revels were better sounding. If your GTG includes a bind test that would make it very interesting ... no?

It sure would, yes, although we decided against that due to the amount of attendees and speakers at the event. Does Jeff have an AVS forum moniker? I'd like to hear his new model.
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

It sure would, yes, although we decided against that due to the amount of attendees and speakers at the event. Does Jeff have an AVS forum moniker? I'd like to hear his new model.

Hi name ... Jeff Permanian but he doesn't visit here a lot. Prefers speaker building ...

Actually he is building a demo room and since he is now in-state, you should go visit.
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Hi name ... Jeff Permanian but he doesn't visit here a lot. Prefers speaker building ...

Actually he is building a demo room and since he is now in-state, you should go visit.

Okay, I am going to email him now using the tech support email on the website since it will go straight to him. Thanks for the suggestions, RMK! I forgot he was rather local.

P.S. Where in WI is the demo room?
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Okay, I am going to email him now using the tech support email on the website since it will go straight to him. Thanks for the suggestions, RMK! I forgot he was rather local.

P.S. Where in WI is the demo room?

He moved his whole operation to Oconomowoc WI. He is having an open house this month on the 21st.
post #65 of 83
I'd love to visit that demo room. Report back if you go on your detailed honest thoughts on whatever you listen to.
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I've heard the Tripple 8's but not in the same room on the same day as the Revel's. I heard enough to get a feel for them, although they were the original Tripple 8's. There was no comparison for music; the Revels were far better. Likewise, there was no comparison for the HT setup; the JTR's were far better. It all depends on your intended use. Unfortunately I've not found a speaker that can excel at reproducing music accurately AND hit reference levels for HT without breaking a sweat. That's just me, though, and I have very high expectations.

Thanks!
post #67 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post


He moved his whole operation to Oconomowoc WI. He is having an open house this month on the 21st.

That rocks! That's only fifty minutes from me. Cool.
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

I'd love to visit that demo room. Report back if you go on your detailed honest thoughts on whatever you listen to.

Will do, thanks.
post #69 of 83
I map quested it. Its about 15 and a half hours from me, and over 930 miles lmao. I don't think I'll make it.

*cough listen to the quintuples! * cough cough*
post #70 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

I map quested it. Its about 15 and a half hours from me, and over 930 miles lmao. I don't think I'll make it.

*cough listen to the quintuples! * cough cough*

Just stay where you are and ask Jeff to crank it up.
post #71 of 83
I wanted to let you guys know that both Jeff Permanian from JTR and Mark Seaton will likely be attending our April 14th GTG. Jeff is planning on bringing the Triple 12HT-lp, and once Mark confirms he'll decide based on what he has available. Too cool!
post #72 of 83
Nice!
post #73 of 83
Looking forward to hearing your impressions!
post #74 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I wanted to let you guys know that both Jeff Permanian from JTR and Mark Seaton will likely be attending our April 14th GTG. Jeff is planning on bringing the Triple 12HT-lp, and once Mark confirms he'll decide based on what he has available. Too cool!

Interested in hearing your thoughts on both the JTR's and the Seaton offerings. I think people are going to be pleasantly shocked.
Reply
Reply
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I wanted to let you guys know that both Jeff Permanian from JTR and Mark Seaton will likely be attending our April 14th GTG. Jeff is planning on bringing the Triple 12HT-lp, and once Mark confirms he'll decide based on what he has available. Too cool!

Whoa.
post #76 of 83
I'll be tuning in april 14th, I wanna hear the detailed impressions lol
post #77 of 83
Thread Starter 
Ok narrowed it down to the JTRs and Shos. Shos are cheaper. Are the JTRs worth the upgrade or is there a better option. 100% HT application only. Final thoughts?
post #78 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

Ok narrowed it down to the JTRs and Shos. Shos are cheaper. Are the JTRs worth the upgrade or is there a better option. 100% HT application only. Final thoughts?

Did you even look at the 3 Pi's?
post #79 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

Did you even look at the 3 Pi's?

I did. They just look horrendous. Wife would kill me. :-)
post #80 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclif77 View Post

One in million, maybe two....

It's a control thing more than anything. If a girl has a problem with something that takes up 12x12 floorspace, I would really question that girl!
post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

Ok narrowed it down to the JTRs and Shos. Shos are cheaper. Are the JTRs worth the upgrade or is there a better option. 100% HT application only. Final thoughts?

I vote for the Shos........ but I've never heard JTRs.
The Shos are very efficient and play very loud without strain.
Dialog for HT is excellent.

DreamCatcher
post #82 of 83
Give the SHOs a try....send them back if you do not like them. Since I tried them they have been redesigned and there QC has improved before shipping to the customer. They do play loud and clear. I enjoyed them more than my previous 3 Aperion 6Ts across the front.
post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

Jeez, why do women hate speakers so much? Anybody have a spousal unit that actually enjoys this hobby as much as their partner?

Me. She doesn't geek out on the gear, but loves the toys and has no problem with the way any of it looks. Now, if only we had more money...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Looking to Spend $3k-$5k on a LCR---Suggestions?