Just returned home from a week of habitat work in New Orleans. That area still has a long way to go to fully recover from the hurricane.
The work we performed and the people I met has changed my life forever. I look forward to returning next year.
Now on to the build! (borrowed from mcascio)
* FRONT & BACK ROWS: 3 Straight Seatcraft 4373 Red Leather Motorized Recliners
* THIRD ROW: 3 Bar stools (tbd)
* Tirtrix (diy)
* SUB: 12" Velodyne
ROOM DIMENSIONS & MEASUREMENTS
* BEFORE WALLS: 28' 9 1/2" Deep x 14' 10 5/8" Wide
* FINISHED ROOM AFTER SOUND PROOFING: 27' 2 1/2" Deep x 14' 8 1/8" Wide
* SHORTEST CEILING HEIGHT BEFORE CONSTRUCTION (center beam) : 7' 11 1/2"
* TALLEST CEILING HEIGHT BEFORE CONSTRUCTION: 8' 9 1/2"
* Front Row: 10' 4" from eyes to screen
* Back Row: 16' 5" from eyes to screen
* Projector: 16'8" from Lens to Screen
* Screen: 136" Wide 2.35:1
* RECEIVER: Denon AVR-4520CI (11.2)
* AMP: tbd
* BLU-RAY PLAYER: tbd
* POWER CONDITIONER: Belkin PF60
* IMAGE PROCESSING: Darbee Darblet DVP5000
* STORAGE: tbd
* PROJECTOR: Panasonic PT-AE8000U
* SCREEN: 112" Wide 2.35:1 AT Screen
* TABLET/iPAD/PHONE USER INTERFACE: tbd
* REMOTE CONTROL: tbd
* LIGHTING CONTROL: tbd
FABRIC FRAMES (ala GPowers)
* Black and Graphite Walls - Anchorage 2335 GOM - Onyx 2016 and Graphite 2079
* Room Accents - Red Delicious 2014, Graphite 2079 and Onyx 2016
* Speaker Frames - FR703 GOM Black Fabric
* Top of Front Cabinet Below Screen & Sides of Vertical Front Cabinets Facing Screen - Protostar Self-Adhesive Flocked Light Trap Material
* Bordering Edges that the Screen sit's on - Black Triple Plush Velvet
The rooms above the theater is are bedrooms. One of the rooms next to the theater is a furnace room. So it's important to keep the sound out of the rooms above and prevent sound coming in from the furnace room.
Current plan of attack is to use one layer of 5/8" drywall, one layer 5/8 osb and Green Glue with sound absorption clips. Double stud walls will be on any framed walls.
* Minimum 1-3/4" Solid Core Door with automatic door bottom.Edited by awilcox - 8/7/13 at 7:29pm