or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE945U & LC-70LE945U owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE945U & LC-70LE945U owners thread - Page 9

post #241 of 302
Dear Mr. XXXXX,
Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.
We are happy to assist. At this time we have no official information regarding the LC70-LE945U. There is no information regarding if or when this unit will be released to the market. There maybe updated information on a future date regarding if or when this unit will be available. Thank you for this opportunity to assist.
I would like to know what you thought about your satisfaction with your email experience. Please click the survey link http://research.affina.com/snaponline/surveylogin.asp?k=126212361966 to complete our online customer satisfaction survey.

Jacob Clancy
Customer Assistance Center

If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior email messages & replies. If your email client automatically deletes prior email thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history.

--Original Message--
From: XXXXXXX@msn.com
Date: 9/11/2012 3:28:46 PM
To: hesupport@sharpsec.com

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #242 of 302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsoutlook View Post

Dear Mr. XXXXX,
Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.
We are happy to assist. At this time we have no official information regarding the LC70-LE945U. There is no information regarding if or when this unit will be released to the market. There maybe updated information on a future date regarding if or when this unit will be available. Thank you for this opportunity to assist.
I would like to know what you thought about your satisfaction with your email experience. Please click the survey link http://research.affina.com/snaponline/surveylogin.asp?k=126212361966 to complete our online customer satisfaction survey.

Jacob Clancy
Customer Assistance Center

If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior email messages & replies. If your email client automatically deletes prior email thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history.
--Original Message--
From: XXXXXXX@msn.com
Date: 9/11/2012 3:28:46 PM
To: hesupport@sharpsec.com
That's the same guy you emailed before & that he said that his dept. didn't know anything until there is a release date .
that email is useless going by his last email ( before this one )you posted that I refer to . that was in July as well .
post #243 of 302
Thanks for the very kind words Mike, do you have any more recent up to date information to share with us???
post #244 of 302
Thread Starter 
If I did I would have posted any new info , but no nothing new at this moment , which I agree is not sounding good .
Sorry if I came off as harsh . but I'm upset as well . . . . . . frown.gif
post #245 of 302
Sharp is having a rough time lately...I'd be surprised at this point if the 945 or Elite 2.0 is released...

Sharp Cuts Bonuses and Salaries to Keep Afloat...Executive salaries have gone down a full ten percent and bonuses have been halved...

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Sharp/Industry_Trends/Sharp_Cuts_Bonuses_and_Salaries_to_Keep_Afloat/10180
post #246 of 302
Got this email from SHAPR after asking them a question regarding the 945 model or new units coming out: FYI, super pissed about this!!! mad.gif

Dear Mr. XXXX,


Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation's AQUOS support.



I'd be happy to help you today. Sharp will release new models in the Spring of 2013.





I would like to know what you thought about your satisfaction with your email experience. Please click the survey link http://research.affina.com/snaponline/surveylogin.asp?k=126212361966 to complete our online customer satisfaction survey.



Stephanie R

Customer Assistance Center



If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior email messages & replies. If your email client automatically deletes prior email thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history.
post #247 of 302
This is indeed upsetting. Having said that I often get information from customer service when I call a company and then I call back 5 minutes later, get a different rep and completely different information.
What is troubling indeed is that if the information you got was correct, Sharp will not have any new lines out for the holiday season or super bowl. That seems quite strange and would be an indication that the Company is in real trouble of some sort. Then if they are, would you want one of their sets?
It's too bad the Samsung 75 is SOOOO expensive.
post #248 of 302
Spring is when most manufacturer's release new models...so if this is true then Sharp will be falling in line with everyone else...they released previous models like the Elite out of schedule
post #249 of 302
Which models did they release this year in spring?
post #250 of 302
The spring release statement is probably just a standard reply as to when the new models will come out. The 945 was supposed to be a late release because of delays. However the reps are now responding that they have no info on the 945 whereas before they were giving me specific updates. It's probably safe to assume this model is dead in the water and move on.
post #251 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog750 View Post

The spring release statement is probably just a standard reply as to when the new models will come out. The 945 was supposed to be a late release because of delays. However the reps are now responding that they have no info on the 945 whereas before they were giving me specific updates. It's probably safe to assume this model is dead in the water and move on.

Yep, that's the exact impression I got from my last contact with a Sharp rep here in Canada. That's not to say Sharp won't try again for 2013 to release a full array with local dimming set but it's all up in the air at the moment. Of course it doesn't help things that Sharp is actually in bad shape financially so a niche market product such as this is probably off the books indefinitely until things start turning around for them. Oh well, that narrows the choice for me now to the Sony 65HX950.
post #252 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC7 View Post

Yep, that's the exact impression I got from my last contact with a Sharp rep here in Canada. That's not to say Sharp won't try again for 2013 to release a full array with local dimming set but it's all up in the air at the moment. Of course it doesn't help things that Sharp is actually in bad shape financially so a niche market product such as this is probably off the books indefinitely until things start turning around for them. Oh well, that narrows the choice for me now to the Sony 65HX950.

I was also waiting for the Sharp 945. I have now move on to the Sony 950. However, while the XBR-55HX950 is available in the US, it has yet to be in Canada...
post #253 of 302
^^^

I spoke to a rep at a Sony Store in Calgary yesterday and the rep told me both the 55" and 65" HX950 are slotted for release in their system on October 9th. I'm going to guess the 55" is going to be released first (like in the US) and we probably won't see the 65" version till the end of October at the earliest. I'm waiting for the 65" myself. The rep also said that they're priced the same as the HX929 which makes the 65HX950's MSRP $6500, whereas it's $1000-1500 less in the US. I'll have to wait and see if that MSRP is right. It'll be a shame, although not shocking, if it's true.
post #254 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

That's the same guy you emailed before & that he said that his dept. didn't know anything until there is a release date .
that email is useless going by his last email ( before this one )you posted that I refer to . that was in July as well .
Aren't you the same person that told me there was real evidence of this set coming out because of contradictory phone calls and emails? rolleyes.gif
post #255 of 302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

Aren't you the same person that told me there was real evidence of this set coming out because of contradictory phone calls and emails? rolleyes.gif
I never said there was "real evidence" rolleyes.gif

your really gonna attack me because Sharp has delayed this set ? tongue.gif

I was being a optimist , there Still is No Official word it's cancelled Or even delayed , mind you the display seems WAY delayed .

IF & When they make " ME " a VP @ Sharp I'll PM you the Official NEWS ! ! biggrin.gif
post #256 of 302
Any chance that Sharp announces this TV at the CEATEC expo this week? not sure if they have ever released a TV at this show before.
post #257 of 302
I giving up. Sharp customer service on the elite was insufficient. The elite IR sensor, banding, and pulsing is silly on this price of tv. And the 945 is a no show. So, I'm going with two of the 65" Sony 950 units. I'm sure it won't have the dimming of the elite, but looking at other sharps on display at BB and their company financials, it's just too much of a gamble for me. It shakes confidence in my belief that their products are built well when they can't even stay afloat. These are times when they will try and cut corners and I'm simply uncomfortable with it.

Here's hoping the Sony is a good product!
post #258 of 302
What about a professional series sharp..PN-E802 It's a 80" Full Array LED Backlight. I can't find info about local dimming though?

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForBusiness/PresentationProducts/ProfessionalLCDMonitors/PNE802.aspx
post #259 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchannan View Post

What about a professional series sharp..PN-E802 It's a 80" Full Array LED Backlight. I can't find info about local dimming though?
http://www.sharpusa.com/ForBusiness/PresentationProducts/ProfessionalLCDMonitors/PNE802.aspx

wow - this one cost $9k + S/H + tax and no reviews.
personally, I don't need TV, but good large monitor, I don't need TV tuner and nether useless speakers
however, monitors cost much more than TV :-(
post #260 of 302
Following this thread and elsewhere I was coming to the conclusion that the LC-70LE945U would never show. However, I just did my weekly google on the set and found a price on 1stopcamera.com of $4499.00 with free shipping. I've never dealt with this company before and, given all of the anticipation for this set, I find it hard to believe that no other well known electronics outlet would list the set, but the listing is consistent with the feature set of the 945. Sooo... question is, does this mean the 945 has officially arrived or is this a scammer website?
post #261 of 302
if Sharp doesn't have it on own website, how anyone can sale it?
I'd not put my money on it.
post #262 of 302
Agreed. I guess I should have done a bit more research before posting.. got too excited seeing the model listed and was good with the price as well. OK, apparently 1stopcamera isn't exactly Amazon. frown.gif
post #263 of 302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

if Sharp doesn't have it on own website, how anyone can sale it?
I'd not put my money on it.
Not saying that this display is being sold yet ..
But with all the new Sharp releases in the last 2 years the New LCD display models didn't show up on the website of Sharp until After they were selling in online/stores .
What I'm saying you can't go by the website as it's not loaded in a timely manner with the new releases .
AGIN I AM NOT saying this display is being released right now !! wink.gif
post #264 of 302
$4449 was the projected price of the 70" about 10 months ago. This place is probably just using the estimated prices originally released. If you were to place an order, they would just put you on a list with the intention of shipping if it is ever released. They probably don't have any knowledge of the likely cancelation or delay of this TV.
post #265 of 302
Maybe if we all keep bumping this thread to keep it on top Sharp will see how much interest there is regarding this TV and they will just announce it!!!!!! Heres to hoping
post #266 of 302
Thread Starter 
post #267 of 302
post #268 of 302
Thread Starter 
was Not meant as a joke
just a simple Google search of this p/n listed these sellers that were not there 2 weeks ago when i did a search

Not that I'd buy from any of those guys .. .. .. .. the sites I trust are Amazon, US Appliance , Cleveland plasma , not many others online do I trust buying a large ticket item from .

But this sorta thing is how the 80" Sharp 844 display started showing up in google searches before the trusted online retailers listed the 844 last spring .

Any movement in listing of this p/n of the 70" Sharp 945 is seen as a plus by me .
rolleyes.gif agin I was Not joking cool.gif
but I should have stated the above observation
post #269 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

was Not meant as a joke
just a simple Google search of this p/n listed these sellers that were not there 2 weeks ago when i did a search
Not that I'd buy from any of those guys .. .. .. .. the sites I trust are Amazon, US Appliance , Cleveland plasma , not many others online do I trust buying a large ticket item from .

But this sorta thing is how the 80" Sharp 844 display started showing up in google searches before the trusted online retailers listed the 844 last spring .
Any movement in listing of this p/n of the 70" Sharp 945 is seen as a plus by me .
rolleyes.gif agin I was Not joking cool.gif
but I should have stated the above observation

This is exactly what happened prior to the Sony HX 950 showing up on more trusted retailers. Has Kenn Ross received any information from VE lately on a new Elite or 945.
post #270 of 302
Its a very safe bet the 945 is not coming out. If their is anything new, Elite or otherwise, we will be waiting till CES.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE945U & LC-70LE945U owners thread