Originally Posted by Michael Henry
Yep - could never get sound to come on from the TV...
I clicked the option button on the TV remote and there is a setting to select which sound source but it never worked.
Aquos Link needs to be set up on your TV to enable the audio return channel. It is under System Options on your 745. See page 56 of your owner's manual:
What’s AQUOS LINK?
• Using the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) protocol, with AQUOS LINK you can interactively operate
compatible system equipment (Blu-ray disc equipment, AV amplifi er, DVD).
• By connecting AQUOS LINK-compatible devices with HDMI-certifi ed cables to the TV, you can control a
recorder or AV amplifi er using the remote control of the TV.
• AQUOS LINK allows you to operate the HDMI-connected equipment with one remote control.
Audio Return Channel
This function allows you to listen to the TV audio via
audio equipment without using an optical fiber cable,
which conventionally is required.
Requirements for using an ARC-compatible AV
• ARC-compatible AV amplifi er connected to the ARCcompatible
HDMI terminal (HDMI 1
(Refer to the operation manual of the ARC-compatible
equipment for details.)
• Use of an ARC-compatible cable.
Auto: You can listen to the TV audio with ARCcompatible
Off: This function does not work.Edited by myoda - 10/30/12 at 5:20pm