or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE745U & LC-70LE745U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE745U & LC-70LE745U Owners Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsc168 View Post


Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Quad Pixel Plus: On
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: 0
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Does this TV have the quad pixel plus option? I didn't think it had that 4th yellow pixel or is that something different?
post #92 of 318
yeah, ignore that. like i said, this is copied from 732u's setting. i just use it on my 745u.
post #93 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsc168 View Post

yeah, ignore that. like i said, this is copied from 732u's setting. i just use it on my 745u.

Yeah but I don't think these settings will apply as the 732 as that extra yellow subpixel. Our sets are just the typical RGB and will have different color settings as a result.
post #94 of 318
For those who bought the 745, I know there is a web browser feature that allows you to view URLs. But does it support Flash and can play multimedia or not ? (Sites such as Hulu basic, HGTV, Food network, CNN/NBC/ESPN video.....etc)

The reason I asked is I'm comparing the Samsung TV web browser with the Sharp. Samsung web browser currently supports Flash and plays multimedia just fine. But I couldn't find any info whether this Sharp 745 model web browser supports video playing.

Also a search on Google shows that East Coast TV has the cheapest price. Anyone has experience ordering from this vendor ? If you need to return how do they do it ?

Thanks.
post #95 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweep49 View Post

Actually, mine did come with a paper manual which is the same multi-model manual that can be downloaded via link in the previous post.

Same here, from Costco though.
post #96 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoscia View Post

Yeah but I don't think these settings will apply as the 732 as that extra yellow subpixel. Our sets are just the typical RGB and will have different color settings as a result.

try these settings they are from a 632 80" done by a calibrators
called Suzook's settings

Quote:


OPC Off
Backlight +1
Contrast +28
Brightness +1
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Advanced Value
C.M.S. - Hue
R 0
Y +2
G -10
C -9
B 0
M +2

C.M.S. - Saturation
R 0
Y -10
G -5
C 0
B 0
M 0
C.M.S. - Value
R -2
Y -2
G +3
C -18
B +10
M -12
Color Temp. Low
R Gain (LO) +1
G Gain (LO) 0
B Gain (LO) +1
R Gain (HI) 0
G Gain (HI) 0
B Gain (HI) -8
Motion Enhancement 120Hz Lo
Active Contrast Off
Gamma Adjustment 0
Film Mode Off
DNR Off
Monochrome Off
Range of OPC NA

these are for Sharp 3 pixel color display & have been applied with success on various Sharp Displays
post #97 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicsand View Post

Mine is coming from Paul's also. It's the 70". I didn't get any glasses yet because I want to make sure I like it first. 3d is just a bonus anyways, I can live without it. How bad would you say the DSE is?

I saw this at a Paul's TV. They said they just put it up for display. The picture was not that good looking. So assuming they have not properly calibrated it yet. Didn't it come with 2 pairs of 3D glasses? That's the bundle they have on their site.
post #98 of 318
Costco comes swith 2 pair active.
post #99 of 318
hello ? anyone knows if the web browser on LC-60LE745U supports Flash and can play videos ?
post #100 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthome View Post

I saw this at a Paul's TV. They said they just put it up for display. The picture was not that good looking. So assuming they have not properly calibrated it yet. Didn't it come with 2 pairs of 3D glasses? That's the bundle they have on their site.

Mine didn't come with any glasses. I bought it through Amazon. Sold by Paul's but fulfilled by Amazon. The price was very good.

The thing that stinks about their free super saver shipping is that they milk it to the last day it seems. The TV shipped from Phoenix, AZ. I live 4 hours away in a small town in AZ. I ordered it April 1st. It was shipped on April 4th from Phoenix to Las Vegas. On the 5th it said it left Vegas (which is an hour and a half away from me) and there have been no updates for 4 days now. My estimated delivery is on the 11th. Bummer.
post #101 of 318
So no Quattron on this set is confirmed? I did not think that there were non Quattron panels coming out of the gen X plant? And Sharps website lists the spec's as 8 million sub pixels (x4). That is kind of a downer I was under the impression that this set was Quattron when I ordered it, oh well at least it should get here soon I hope.

And wow, quicsand I ordered from Abes of Maine on the 1st, it shipped on the 4th, mine left NYC on the 5th, and I am still waiting with no updates, I spent the extra for the "white glove" delivery.
post #102 of 318
Haelphadreous, it looks like we are both in the same boat, the hurry up and wait boat!
post #103 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

try these settings they are from a 632 80" done by a calibrators
called Suzook's settings


these are for Sharp 3 pixel color display & have been applied with success on various Sharp Displays


Just got my 70LE745U yetserday and I'm going to try these settings. Fastslappy, question, which AV mode should I tweak these settings from?
Thanks!
post #104 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl RSV4 View Post

Just got my 70LE745U yetserday and I'm going to try these settings. Fastslappy, question, which AV mode should I tweak these settings from?
Thanks!

I use the "movie" setting with these settings , along with " dot to dot " scanning
post #105 of 318
These are recommended settings for all around tv viewing or just movies? Thanks again slappy!
post #106 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl RSV4 View Post

These are recommended settings for all around tv viewing or just movies? Thanks again slappy!

Press view mode on the remote & toggle to "dot by dot"
post #107 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl RSV4 View Post

These are recommended settings for all around tv viewing or just movies? Thanks again slappy!

I use that for all around viewing
post #108 of 318
Do these TVs have any control for overscan and position (usually labeled HWidth, VSize and HPosition/VPosition?) That's the main thing I like about my Vizio TV, but since it's having problems it may be replaced with a Sharp soon.

(Looking at the manual online, looks like it at least has position controls. Would like to control the overscan since my laptop computer has a black border around the edges- my Vizio has 4 different presets so I have one set to zoom in and hide the black borders from the computer. My normal position has zero overscan, which usually shows too much picture but that's how I like it.)
post #109 of 318
It is seeming thus far that the 2012 models are indeed different when it comes to calibration and doubtful that any previous model calibrations will work well (and could possibly make things look worse). The odds of calibrations done on an 80" 632 crossing over well to the 60" & 70" 745 is going to be very slim, especially considering we found a solid variance from the 60" & 70" 632 to the 80" 632. Just a heads up to those hoping for some 'ballpark accurate' settings for their 745, you'll likely have to wait for some pro level settings that were actually done on a 745.


8traxrule,

Those are analog adjustments by nature and not something you would typically find when using a digital connection on a digital display. There is an Overscan (View Mode) setting however.


Best of luck,
Jason
post #110 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

try these settings they are from a 632 80" done by a calibrators
called Suzook's settings


these are for Sharp 3 pixel color display & have been applied with success on various Sharp Displays

Thank you!!
post #111 of 318
Question for the experts. I watch a lot of motorcycle racing(constant fast moving screen) and I'm noticing a lot of lag (for lack of a better term).

Is there a setting I can use to get rid of this or is it because it's 120 hz? Would 240hz completely eliminate this?

I'm well under my 30 days to return it and upgrade to the 847 with 240 hz. Is there a noticable difference between the 2 sets?

Thanks guys.
post #112 of 318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post

Do these TVs have any control for overscan and position (usually labeled HWidth, VSize and HPosition/VPosition?) That's the main thing I like about my Vizio TV, but since it's having problems it may be replaced with a Sharp soon.

(Looking at the manual online, looks like it at least has position controls. Would like to control the overscan since my laptop computer has a black border around the edges- my Vizio has 4 different presets so I have one set to zoom in and hide the black borders from the computer. My normal position has zero overscan, which usually shows too much picture but that's how I like it.)

yeah on a Sharp it's called dot by dot . you change it by using the remote , hit view mode & set to "dot by dot"
I find it works well with my W7 desktop , as I also set my PC vid card to show 100% scan & the W7 desktop fills the screen with no black edges & still have the whole image
post #113 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl RSV4 View Post

Question for the experts. I watch a lot of motorcycle racing(constant fast moving screen) and I'm noticing a lot of lag (for lack of a better term).

Is there a setting I can use to get rid of this or is it because it's 120 hz? Would 240hz completely eliminate this?

I'm well under my 30 days to return it and upgrade to the 847 with 240 hz. Is there a noticable difference between the 2 sets?

Thanks guys.



Anyone?
post #114 of 318
Thread Starter 
try setting to 120 low or off
what source is the material ? sometimes motion problems are source related & not the display
post #115 of 318
I am streaming an HD feed from my laptop to my TV via hdmi.I never had the issue with my Samsung plasma.

I found that switching AV mode to Game that it completely eliminated the lag with the Sharp.

Thanks again slappy.
post #116 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelphadreous View Post

And wow, quicsand I ordered from Abes of Maine on the 1st, it shipped on the 4th, mine left NYC on the 5th, and I am still waiting with no updates, I spent the extra for the "white glove" delivery.

Haelphadreous - Did yours ship with AM Trucking? I ordered the 7th, shipped the 9th, left NYC on the 10th and haven't heard anything since but I wasn't expecting anything until next week. I'd be interested to learn how long it takes to get out to the west coast. Can't wait to get my hands on this tv!
post #117 of 318
OK- I was seriously ALL SET to buy one of these today, but didn't because there appears to be no way to defeat the "Smart Dimming" or local dimming or whatever you want to call it. The problem I saw was the same I'd had with my Vizio- when the screen gets black, such as during movie credits or a scene where the lights go out, the backlight in the TV goes COMPLETELY out. This is how it looks on my Vizio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXR813ltCcc

The Sharp TVs do the same thing, except the backlight dims down a little more gracefully. This would still annoy me too much to put up with, and I could not find ANY control to turn this 'feature' off. I REALLY wanted this TV other than that- is there a way to disable this that I overlooked, or at least hidden in a service menu somewhere. If there is I will go back and get the TV, but if it's undefeatable I will just have to find something else.
post #118 of 318
There are adjustments called "active contrast" and "OPC" both of which can be turned off. Refer to the online manual link in thread #56 to see if it is what you need. They are discussed on pages 29-31 of the manual.
post #119 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by psultimate View Post

Haelphadreous - Did yours ship with AM Trucking? I ordered the 7th, shipped the 9th, left NYC on the 10th and haven't heard anything since but I wasn't expecting anything until next week. I'd be interested to learn how long it takes to get out to the west coast. Can't wait to get my hands on this tv!

Yep AM trucking, I called them a few days ago, they told me to expect a call on Friday to sch a delivery tomorrow, it has been such a long wait, I am excited though, here is hoping everything is good with my set.

They are going to bring it in and turn it on so I can look before they leave, Anyone have a good link to a site where I can solid screen output, white black RGB, to check the uniformity/stuck pixels/clouding before I call it good? I was thinking it would be quickest to just laptop to it via HDMI and test.
post #120 of 318
I made sure OPC and Active Contrast were both turned off, this did not stop it from dimming the backlight all the way down during a black picture. This is especially annoying for example when a Blu-Ray disc is "loading" before it's able to start the movie, or playing the few seconds of black at the beginning of VHS tapes (yes, I still watch those sometimes!) - with SOME light going to the screen I can tell that the TV is turned on and everything's working, with it completely out I have to double-check if it's actually on and set to the right input and all that stuff. It really does ruin the atmosphere of some movies when this happens in the middle also. Can't believe I'm the only one who's noticed this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE745U & LC-70LE745U Owners Thread