or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 54

post #1591 of 2660
Tried to check out some of the youtube 3d videos but not sure how to get the set into 3d mode to see them. With movies it automatically goes into 3d mode but not with the net videos.
post #1592 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpc View Post

Update on my new set warranty. As expected, all of you were correct. After "registering" my set and getting my Aquos member number and special warranty number I did get the 4.25 year warranty coverage. I first received the 3 month extension to the 12 month OEM Sharp warranty and then the 3 year Sharp sponsored aftermarket warranty ($179 plus tax in FL).
Thanks again to all of you that followed up providing this to me or I may have gotten less for the same price.
As to the mkv question. I thought that mkvs were not going to be playable. Much to my surprise and happyness, I found the same result. When the mkv file was on a USB thumb drive the set would find it and play it with no problem. When on my DNLA, a search for the same file did not find it so obviosly did not play it. This was the same previous result I had leading me to believe mkv's would not play. So once again thanks to another member trying something I hadn't thought of trying the the same file on a thumb drive vs the DLNA and getting different results.
Has anyone hooked an external hard drive containing avi , mp4 or other video files directy to the usb port and had it work successfully. Will maybe try that tonight if I have time.

I have a 1tb drive connected via the usb port using a hard drive docking adapter. I am able to play mkv , avi and mp4 1080p as well as 3d. It is unable to provide audio if the file is dts 5.1. Hope that helps.
post #1593 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

Tried to check out some of the youtube 3d videos but not sure how to get the set into 3d mode to see them. With movies it automatically goes into 3d mode but not with the net videos.

Have you tried pressing the 3D button on the TV remote, and choosing the 3D style?
post #1594 of 2660
Yes I did but that did not do it, maybe they are in a different format.
post #1595 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahicks View Post

UPDATE on service ticket with Sharp:
Hello Again. As FastSlappy stated, I should have posted here first so I am :-)
I called sharp tonight to get an update on my ticket on my TV for the banding issue on the LCD screen. I was told to call back during normal business hours for details but was told that my TV/Ticket was approved for their Sharp Exchange process. When I asked what that meant, he told me again to call back during normal business hours but it would mean something like I would go to Best Buy for a new TV.
That being said.....What does this really mean? I have a few questions if anyone has been through an exchange process with Sharp:
1. Will I really go to Best Buy or a local retailer to get a new TV? I bought my TV from ABT online....
2. Will the exchange be for a NEW TV or will it have to be a refurbished TV?
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: I bought a 3 year extended warranty from Sharp directly (but it was through another company) Will I lose this warranty and the price paid? IF I do not, how do I re-register the new TV for the warranty I already paid for. I bought the TV this year in June so it was still under the manufacturers warranty if that means anything...
Thank you for your help in advance!
-Michael in Tallahassee

1. Sharp offered to either exchange it for me through them or through the dealer I bought it through. I chose the dealer because at the time it would have been a 1 month wait.

2. Since I chose my dealer, I was given a brand new set.

3. After you do the swap you will call the aquos advantage number and request a copy of the swap authorization letter. You then call the warranty dept and tell them you to switch it from the old set to the new one. They will give you a case number and an email address to forward the dealer authorization letter to. You will then get something from them that says its been changed to the new set and the expiration date.

Aside from their request to take additional pictures to show clouding because the ones I sent were "all dark scenes", the exchange went very smoothly. Overall I'm very happy with their customer service.
post #1596 of 2660
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

1. Sharp offered to either exchange it for me through them or through the dealer I bought it through. I chose the dealer because at the time it would have been a 1 month wait.
2. Since I chose my dealer, I was given a brand new set.
3. After you do the swap you will call the aquos advantage number and request a copy of the swap authorization letter. You then call the warranty dept and tell them you to switch it from the old set to the new one. They will give you a case number and an email address to forward the dealer authorization letter to. You will then get something from them that says its been changed to the new set and the expiration date.
Aside from their request to take additional pictures to show clouding because the ones I sent were "all dark scenes", the exchange went very smoothly. Overall I'm very happy with their customer service.
Great News smile.gif
, I'm Happy that everything has gone easy for you . Sounds like they treated you very well , as this is how every instance of a replacement has turned out as the other guys here on AVS who dealt with Sharp Warranty Service with a exchange everyone felt they were dealt with well .
This is why I always advise getting the Sharp Extended service . This kind of service is priceless to me I M H O . . . . .
Square Deal would never have done this for you in the way you describe .

I know guys with 80"ers that bought on-line & they reported that Sharp had vendors that delivered a new display , set it up & removed the old display as well .
Seems Sharp will be flexible on how the customer wants to handle a exchange. wink.gif
post #1597 of 2660
I have an AQUOS LC-60LE845U. I am looking for a Skype camera to mount to the TV. I had one ordered from eBuyNow, but they dropped the ball and haven't been able to deliver. That one was what Sharp recommended but I guess they discontinued it. I am stumped. Logitec has one, but it says it's for Panasonic TVs.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks:

Lyle
post #1598 of 2660
Firmware is stuck at 67%. Any ideas if this is common? I KIND of don't want to brick my tv.
post #1599 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by policy View Post

Firmware is stuck at 67%. Any ideas if this is common? I KIND of don't want to brick my tv.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1436990/sharp-aquos-is-frozen-when-updating-software
post #1600 of 2660
Took me six tries. Finally it did it right. I should have USB'd it but since my TV is flush against the wall it's a PITA to get to the USB port. I wish they would have put an accessible USB port on the edge of the bezel.
post #1601 of 2660
I just ordered the 60C8470 from Costco based on all your recommendations. Thanks!
Did any of you have it delivered by Home Direct USA? I'm reading lots of bad reviews about this company. Wondering if I should rent a truck and pick it up from the store myself. For some reason it seems to be coming from California (I'm in Seattle).
post #1602 of 2660
Looking for some opinions on what I should do.

I'm trying to decide between one of the 70 inch Sharps, and the Panasonic 65ST50 plasma. I sit between 9-12 feet (closer to 12 most of the time) from the TV. There is some light in the room, but I have a 60" LG plasma in there now, and it's tolerable. Typically, I'm all about screen size, but I want to make sure (a) I'm not sitting too close for a 70 inch, and (b) the picture quality will be very good with the 70 inch.

My parents own a Sharp 70LE632U, and to be honest, it looks a little washed out compared to my plasma, and i dont have the nicest plasma in the world. The picture on the sharp doesn't really pop. I set their's up using CNET's settings, so it may just need further tweaking, I don't know.

I'll be watching DirecTV HD 95% of the time, and also throw in a few blurays, and some PS3. But, by far, the majority of what I'll be watching on the TV will be DirecTV.

Any and all suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated.
post #1603 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Fingers View Post

Looking for some opinions on what I should do.
I'm trying to decide between one of the 70 inch Sharps, and the Panasonic 65ST50 plasma. I sit between 9-12 feet (closer to 12 most of the time) from the TV. There is some light in the room, but I have a 60" LG plasma in there now, and it's tolerable. Typically, I'm all about screen size, but I want to make sure (a) I'm not sitting too close for a 70 inch, and (b) the picture quality will be very good with the 70 inch.
My parents own a Sharp 70LE632U, and to be honest, it looks a little washed out compared to my plasma, and i dont have the nicest plasma in the world. The picture on the sharp doesn't really pop. I set their's up using CNET's settings, so it may just need further tweaking, I don't know.
I'll be watching DirecTV HD 95% of the time, and also throw in a few blurays, and some PS3. But, by far, the majority of what I'll be watching on the TV will be DirecTV.
Any and all suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated.

I bought a LC70C8470U from Costco and it is has been quite good so far. You should try adjusting the backlight and other settings on your parents TV. I had wanted to go with a 65" Panasonic with all the rave reviews. However, the image retention issues dissuaded me from this. The Sharp is truly fantastic once you adjust it for whatever input you are watching. For example, you may need to configure differently for Blu rays/dvd and Streaming or Cable etc. I have mine set a little different for all the inputs. My back light is turned down quite a bit, too. I would recomment experimenting until you are satisfied with your "Picture" Your sitting distance is fine for this TV.

Hope it helps

chapper
post #1604 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebKev View Post

FYI.....
I just tested the Playstation 3D glasses, with the aforementioned TV, and they work perfectly. They actually reproduce color better than the Sharp 3D glasses that came with the TV. The Playstation 3D glasses are on sale at Best Buy this week for a ridiculous price. If you need extra 3D glasses, this may be your opportunity to get what you need. Enjoy !!!

I have the LC-70C7450U model and can't seem to get them to work. Did you have to configure the PS3 3D glasses? Is there a way to re-sync the glasses?
post #1605 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkongzoom View Post

I have the LC-70C7450U model and can't seem to get them to work. Did you have to configure the PS3 3D glasses? Is there a way to re-sync the glasses?

I have 3 pair and they all work. No configuration or re-sync needed. Make sure the sliding power switch is on and also press the power button on top. Red led should be flashing when on.
post #1606 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissfn View Post

I have 3 pair and they all work. No configuration or re-sync needed. Make sure the sliding power switch is on and also press the power button on top. Red led should be flashing when on.

What is your TV model?
post #1607 of 2660
LC-70LE845U
post #1608 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpanda View Post

Did any of you have it delivered by Home Direct USA? I'm reading lots of bad reviews about this company. Wondering if I should rent a truck and pick it up from the store myself. For some reason it seems to be coming from California (I'm in Seattle).

I got mine delivered via home direct and wasn't pleased. They seem to involve local carriers though, so your experience may vary.

It was a hassle to get the delivery scheduled, since they group deliveries and will only deliver when they're "in the area". They refused to deliver after 4 PM until I forced the company I purchased from to pay an extra $90 delivery fee for an "after hours" delivery. Then, on the day of delivery, a driver called me at noon to tell me he was 20 minutes out (this was after haggling to get the after 4 PM delivery).
post #1609 of 2660
Thanks for responding! Yeah, my experience is similar. So far they've been good about calling when they say they will and they stuck to the original delivery date, but they changed my delivery time from 8-12 to 12-4. This is after I moved an appointment so I could be home. I have to go to work, so hopefully they can call when they're on the way. How was the TV when it arrived? Did they set it up with no hassle? Picture okay?
post #1610 of 2660
BadChad65, If the facts are as you state, the solution is relatively easy. Assuming you paid by credit card (hope you did that) and the contract you agreed to didn't allow then to deliver "early," contest the charge as the service you paid for wasn't performed. However, if you did agree to allow them to deliver "early" and thus negate the service you paid early for, you essentially accepted the change and have no complaint. But youdid get getyour set earlier! If this is the case, you likely have no legal recourse so it's really up to the delivery company company to refund your exra fee out of maintaining "good customer service" relations." That's a crapsoot so best of luck. In the future you might want to include any of that into your story to make it complete.

If you were "wronged." Go thru the CC first. If unsuccessful, then your local city,county or state consumer protection agency. This is a simple matter of a service paid for that wasn't performed. No need for small claims court as the time and effort isn't worth it. Use your CC company or you goverment consumer protection agency as you pay for both. I know this as a Federal Agent for 28 years and a Director of a Consumer Protection Agency for 10 years.

If you are fortunate enough enough to have an effective and aggressive state or local consumer protection agency they can be of great assistance to providing you information before you make an error and assist you if you have been unfairly treated. Unlike the Better Business Bureau who is funded by the businesses they are supposed to protect you from and who have no legal jurisdiction over those businesses or no interest over non member businesses, your local governmental agency has both an interest and a responsibility to assist you and are funded by you. If you are in Florida you are fortunate to have some excellent County and decent State agencys. Many other states and Canada have similar assitance.
Edited by bmwpc - 11/19/12 at 9:47am
post #1611 of 2660
Update on my TV Exchange Process:

On the 8th of Nov. I contacted Sharp to arrange my tv exchange. I was transfered to a processing department and had my address and contact info verified and they took my credit card info. I was told I would receive a new tv from a shipper, they would install it, test it and take the old one. I was told it would take 5 to 10 business days and would be contacted in advance to arrange delivery.

Today I still had not heard anything so I called Sharp. The only info I could get was that the TV order was flagged out of stock on the same day I setup an exchange and I would have to call back on Monday to find out anymore information if there was any.

I am now getting a little upset about the entire process. It has been almost two months. Thank god I can actually view a picture on this TV or the wife would be out of control. My biggest problem with the entire process is that I have had to hold their hand the entire time to get any movement on the ticket. Unless I call or email the right person through each step of this, nothing happens...

As for the out of stock; The TV is instock at almost every E retailer. I can pick up one from no less than three different local sources today. I wonder if there is anyway that I can just buy my own exchange and Sharp refund me for the purchase price?

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?
post #1612 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahicks View Post

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?

Call them on Monday. My guess is they won't give you a refund and let you buy a new one but let us know how it goes.
post #1613 of 2660
It's very disappointing to hear that Sharp is unable to supply you with a set. It's understandable that, at first glance, the sets at retailers are irrelavent becaue they no longer belong to Sharp. But, if the decision has been made to replace your set and now two months have passed without a replacement there may be a question of the warranty company making a reasonable attempt. I just purchased my warranty through Sharp ( I assume you have this warranty also) so I don't know the specific language, but there will have to be language that addresses the effort that Sharp must go through to fulfill the contract.

While Sharp , through it's warranty company, may have had no need to consider going outside it's own internal suppy chain to replace your set initially, now, two months later, the question of reasonable expectations of the contract fulfillment should be raised. When they advertise a 24 hour/7day a week service / replacement in their policy, I think waiting 2 months for replacement of a set that is in current production is unreasonable. The secondary option of authorizing an outside purchase is a choice they have to consider if they cannot come up with a TV set. I truly believe the statement that they cannot come up with a set is not accurate and you need to push that. While Christmas has probably pushed a lot of inventory out to the retailers, I cannot believe Sharp, in its entire inventory, cannot find your set. I would start/continue dealing with Sharp directly, start playing hardball with the warranty company, contact your local consumer protection agency and see if your local TV station has a consumer advocate reporter.

Be firm, be courteous, get names, write everything down, don't give up and good luck.
post #1614 of 2660
Does this tv have a control setting for full rgb or is it already full rgb ?
post #1615 of 2660
Just got my TV today, and I have to say it looks great! I've tried two other tvs previously, a Samsung and LG. Both had bad backlight bleed and other weird issues. The backlight on this tv is very nice, no bleeding from the edges or splotches. Picture is very crisp.
Unfortunately, when I opened the boxes for the 3d glasses, one pair was missing! Big props to Sharp though. A quick phone call and they're sending me a new pair. So far so good. Now to get this baby calibrated!
post #1616 of 2660
Got a call from Sharp yesterday. They are replacing my TV. Been on the list since end of July, early August. I have some pretty bad clouding (not as bad as others) and a dead pixel.
post #1617 of 2660
Have you solved this? I just purchased the LC70LE847U and I experience this.

I have Comcast.

Using HDMI cable to connect cable box to the TV.
Using the optic cable to connect the TV to the Polk SurroundBar 6000.

When the picture and sound get out of sync a quick channel up/down re-sync but it's getting annoying.

I've also notices that once in a while the sound will get static. A quick channel up and down fixes this too.

If I connect the optic cable to the Comcast converter, I never get the static. This is not an acceptable fix. I want to use NetFlix through the bar too.
post #1618 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker61 View Post

Have you solved this? I just purchased the LC70LE847U and I experience this.
I have Comcast.
Using HDMI cable to connect cable box to the TV.
Using the optic cable to connect the TV to the Polk SurroundBar 6000.
When the picture and sound get out of sync a quick channel up/down re-sync but it's getting annoying.
I've also notices that once in a while the sound will get static. A quick channel up and down fixes this too.
If I connect the optic cable to the Comcast converter, I never get the static. This is not an acceptable fix. I want to use NetFlix through the bar too.

I have this problem as well. I have the same setup, hdmi from my satellite DVR to a Sharp LC60le847u going optic from the tv to my Sony receiver. I resolve the problem by pausing and un-pausing the DVR. This resolves the problem everytime. This not a chronic probkem, maybe once or twice aweek . Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue or resolution?
post #1619 of 2660
Duke61. if you spend some time reviewing past posts you will get a feel of similar problems and some things that have worked and some that have not. I have both hdmi and componet cables but occasionally get a lag on live and/or paused and/or dvr' material but only seldom and I have Verizon. Also make sure you have latest Sharp ugrades. Again, check previous posts first as you can learn a lot and not ask a lot of already answered questions like I did the first time I posted. Good luck!
post #1620 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfost01 View Post

I have this problem as well. I have the same setup, hdmi from my satellite DVR to a Sharp LC60le847u going optic from the tv to my Sony receiver. I resolve the problem by pausing and un-pausing the DVR. This resolves the problem everytime. This not a chronic probkem, maybe once or twice aweek . Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue or resolution?

This is an issue with the cable box/DVR, not the TV. At least that was the problem when I had it. It was quite maddening. I finally swapped out the cable box and the problem went away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread