or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 43

post #1261 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire415 View Post

Doesn't seem to be the case, as you can see from the video and photos of the OP (Post #1).
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1397173/official-lg-47lm6700-55lm6700-passive-3d-owners-thread-2012#post_21715201
There is at least 1/2 inch border around the image as evaluated by CNET
http://cnettv.cnet.com/sleek-lg-lm6700-series-uses-magic-motion/9742-1_53-50124534.html
Maybe it varies? Perhaps some owners can confirm?

The ad pictures for LM6700 and several other "LG Cinema Screen" TVs are misleading. They all have an one-half inch border around the display area. The only LG model that has true borderless screen is LM9600
Edited by valley_nomad - 7/18/12 at 4:38pm
post #1262 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnam27 View Post

If you are using Plex server, try to uninstall it and use Windows Media Player instead for streaming. It solved my rebooting problem with lm8600.

Thanks for the tip. Two days no reboot. The tech was scheduled to come tomorrow to replace the main board and power supply but we put it on hold to see if this lasts. How about you Needmovies, any luck?
post #1263 of 2128
There is a 1/2" border when the TV is on. On a 55" TV, that's pretty small and not much at viewing distance. Looking at the Amazon advertisement for this TV linked on these pages, the image appears to show the border accurately. Of course the fish aren't jumping out of the screen, but the image does show a border. I was watching some 3D and noticed without my glasses on that the border was bigger in 3D mode. That straight-on image posted to this thread doesn't appear accurate. Given that the screen is roughly 650 pixels diagonally, I would expect the border to be about 6 or so pixels, but it appears to be less than 3.
post #1264 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by foomench View Post

There is a 1/2" border when the TV is on. On a 55" TV, that's pretty small and not much at viewing distance. Looking at the Amazon advertisement for this TV linked on these pages, the image appears to show the border accurately.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out why I was seeing something different than others were. You hit it on the head.While I did say when the picture is on it appears almost borderless I didn't think about on a smaller screen it can look like more than on a 55" one. At viewing distance it really does look very close to the picture advertisement on mine.
post #1265 of 2128
hi guys ..those who have lm6700 or lower model ..plz call or send a message to lg customer service about deblur option missing in trumotion settings...it is very helpful for release new updates very soon...thank you..(becoz tv shows more blur than my old led tv... this option very important for fast action movies..)smile.gif
my old samsung tv has deblur and dejudder option in trumotion settings..its very helpful to reduce blur in fast action scenes...
post #1266 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajinu Sen View Post

hi guys ..those who have lm6700 or lower model ..plz call or send a message to lg customer service about deblur option missing in trumotion settings...it is very helpful for release new updates very soon...thank you..(becoz tv shows more blur than my old led tv... this option very important for fast action movies..)smile.gif
my old samsung tv has deblur and dejudder option in trumotion settings..its very helpful to reduce blur in fast action scenes...

Not quite sure if LG will actually be able to do it, especially for those 60Hz contents. According to that article on HDGuru, the TV set uses only backlight scan for its 120hz feature. There is no any extra interpolated field/frame to be inserted between original ones in 60Hz. It may be a hardware limitation of this model.
Edited by valley_nomad - 7/19/12 at 4:20pm
post #1267 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

Not quite sure if LG will actually be able to do it, especially for those 60Hz contents. According to that article on HDGuru, the TV set uses only backlight scan for its 120hz feature. There is no any extra interpolated field/frame to be inserted between original ones in 60Hz. It may be a hardware limitation of this model.

It can't be a hardware limitation of this model, since newly manufactured LM6700s have the deblur function. However, it could be some type of limitation on our serial numbers, which is complete BS. I chatted with LG support yesterday and they told me the engineers "might" be releasing a firmware update that includes the deblur function. They said they would pass along my concerns and frustration to the engineers. Everyone needs to keep pressing LG on this issue to expedite a firmware release or reveal the truth about our serial numbers.
post #1268 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mniedrach View Post

It can't be a hardware limitation of this model, since newly manufactured LM6700s have the deblur function. However, it could be some type of limitation on our serial numbers, which is complete BS. I chatted with LG support yesterday and they told me the engineers "might" be releasing a firmware update that includes the deblur function. They said they would pass along my concerns and frustration to the engineers. Everyone needs to keep pressing LG on this issue to expedite a firmware release or reveal the truth about our serial numbers.
you are right man..its not h/w problem...my friend working in lg..he said they already got the complaint about deblur missing and they are working on it.....so if can everyone try to complaint to lg about this issue..before release of next model smile.gif..Trumotion without DEBLUR is not full TRUMOTION ! thank uu
Edited by Ajinu Sen - 7/20/12 at 7:57am
post #1269 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

Not quite sure if LG will actually be able to do it, especially for those 60Hz contents. According to that article on HDGuru, the TV set uses only backlight scan for its 120hz feature. There is no any extra interpolated field/frame to be inserted between original ones in 60Hz. It may be a hardware limitation of this model.

Its NOT a hardware issue. People kept saying blah blah blah its 60 Hz it doesn't have the ability to do TruMotion on the LM6700 models and yet we got a firmware update in June that supports partial Trumotion and can definitely see the difference. Bottom line is that it is entirely possible to have Deblur option on the LM6700. Whether the implementation of the Deblur option was up to LG's standards in time for the last firmware update which is why it missed the cutoff date is what LG is saying.

I am not too worried about it since several people have called LG about this and have said it will be in the next firmware update. I do hope that people are bugging LG constantly to remind them that this is a major problem.
post #1270 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mniedrach View Post

It can't be a hardware limitation of this model, since newly manufactured LM6700s have the deblur function. However, it could be some type of limitation on our serial numbers, which is complete BS. I chatted with LG support yesterday and they told me the engineers "might" be releasing a firmware update that includes the deblur function. They said they would pass along my concerns and frustration to the engineers. Everyone needs to keep pressing LG on this issue to expedite a firmware release or reveal the truth about our serial numbers.

who told you this? (that other LM6700 have deblur)
post #1271 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolnyc View Post

who told you this? (that other LM6700 have deblur)

It was my understanding that the TVs manufactured after April (I think) came with the full version of TruMotion. They also have a newer firmware version on these TVs than those of use w/ "BlurMotion".
post #1272 of 2128
HI there was wondering if anyone had good calibration setting for the LG 55LM6700? Would help.
THanks!!
post #1273 of 2128
HI there was wondering if anyone had good calibration setting for the LG 55LM6700? Would help.
THanks!!
post #1274 of 2128
My Original Post http://www.avsforum.com/t/1421119/solution-found-dts-passthrough-for-lg-xxlm6200-models

Hi guys,

This is my first post and english is not my native language but i want to contribute to the community with a so long desired solution for LG 42/47/55LM6200.

this journey begins with a not so good idea from LG....yes that one "YOU CANNOT PASS DTS" through your TV if you are on america due to licenses issues/fees/etc, etc, etc. so....

Solution Steps

1.- Upgrade your tv to the latest firmware (current 03.21.40 http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-42LM6200 )

2.- Get/obtain a RCA control like this http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RCRN08GR-Device-Universal-Backlit/dp/B003EYV21K.

I believe that second step is the most important because particularly speaking we are not going to use RCA remote control for bringing on the EZ menu only. We're looking for an ADVANCED EZ menu.

3.- When you already have your new remote control use code 10856 for program and notice the most buttons won't be working (so please get your original lg remote control cause will become handy) push down button 2 to bring on the EZ MENU and then push down button 3 to bring the Advanced EZ menu (In-start will be there too) LOOK for NSU Mode OPTION and change it from user to engineer.

Explanation: why do we need NSU Engineering Mode? well quite simple...when your TV is in NSU E-Mode will be connecting to LG alternate servers to download new unreleased firmwares.

4.- Now go to your typical menu and look for new updates. Your tv will show that a new fimware has been found and available for download (firmware 04.82.02) please update your TV as fast as you can...... that's the key.

5.- After upgrade process has finished take back your RCA remote control and go to normal EZ Menu. This time options will be available for modifying and particularly speaking you cannot change country group but you DON'T NEED IT. Just look for AC3 EDID option and change it from PCM to AC3.

6.- Wait almost there….. well actually we are there we have DTS passthrough...but wait THERE'S A BUG. keep reading.

Take this in mind…. your DVR or HT will displayed effectively DTS sound but you won't hear a sound. For some reason (probably a beta firmware) you need to go to menu on your TV and look for sound options and change your optical sound output from automatic to PCM and then go back again to automatic after doing that full DTS 5.1/7.1 track will be detected.

Best regards, JF (rahaziel)
post #1275 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mniedrach View Post

It was my understanding that the TVs manufactured after April (I think) came with the full version of TruMotion. They also have a newer firmware version on these TVs than those of use w/ "BlurMotion".

WRONG!!!!! That is incorrect information. What people were saying yes they had a firmware version that was newer than 03.20.31 which had Trumotion capabilities but these firmware versions only contained the Dejudder option. There are NO LM6700 TV models manufactured up until this point that contain a firmware version that contains Trumotion with both Dejudder AND Deblur options.
post #1276 of 2128
I followed the rahaziel post above and it worked, my post is in the 7600 thread, with actually an additional software update. I do not know if the latest software update 04.02.85 added deblur because I have the 7600 model that has it.
Edited by tampa8 - 7/20/12 at 8:28pm
post #1277 of 2128
Could anyone confirm if the LM6700 has EPG and automatic volume leveling? I really miss the TVGOS EPG that come with my Sony.
post #1278 of 2128
If it helps any, the next model up does, both EPG auto leveling, with three settings.
post #1279 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Gave me the settings. He also advised me some of the things I can safely adjust that are not greyed out using the service menu remote if I need to. One of them was the audio delay using in-start, and a slight change made all the difference. There is also an option to allow a tech to see your settings from over the internet. If more contrast or brightness is wanted you can change that too beyond what the normal control allows.
Now that I have the actual THX settings (There is another one for dark room viewing) the rest of the greyed out selections are not a big deal for me anymore with the 7600 model.

How did u go about getting a service tech to come out to do this for u? The contrast and brightness has been one of my major problems with this TV, mostly the brightness and I wanna adjust that if I can. I have a remote to get into the service menu but what I need to know is, is one of the grayd out options for the brightness or is that one I can do? Thanks...
post #1280 of 2128
It's a friend of mine who had to have one come out for his TV (completly different model). I asked the Tech about mine, he said he had the THX settings, he looked them up. He said there is no hidden setting when using the THX, so he knows the settings he gave me are complete.

The brightness and contrast settings are not greyed out. They are both set to "128" I can't remember if it's in the EZ menu or the In-Start menu....
post #1281 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

It's a friend of mine who had to have one come out for his TV (completly different model). I asked the Tech about mine, he said he had the THX settings, he looked them up. He said there is no hidden setting when using the THX, so he knows the settings he gave me are complete.
The brightness and contrast settings are not greyed out. They are both set to "128" I can't remember if it's in the EZ menu or the In-Start menu....

I found it. They are both set to 128, ur right. I adjusted the contrast all the way up (which is 255) and then turned off the dynamic contrast and to me its perfect, the picture is brighter and looks so much better. I didn't turn up the brightness cause it turns up the back light and causes the blacks to fade or wash out bad but the contrast did the trick it made it brighter without having to turn on the dynamic contrast. The dynamic contrast just adj to much and makes things to bright sometimes, I'm glad I seen that post, thanks...
post #1282 of 2128
I had to change it to 200, some colors was a little to bright. I guess I still have some playing around with it but turning it up def made it better...
post #1283 of 2128
Glad you found it. I would say 255 would be too high also. Although I left mine at 128 it possibly should be higher, I might go in and change it.
post #1284 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Glad you found it. I would say 255 would be too high also. Although I left mine at 128 it possibly should be higher, I might go in and change it.

Yea cause with it at 128 i didnt like the pic with the dynamic contrast off, it just seemed a little to dull i guess would be the word. But at the same time the dynamic contrast on would make things a bit to bright in some areas. With it at 200 i was able to turn the dynamic off and it, to me, was better. Im prob still gonna play around with it more. I did watch cloudy with a chance with my kids yesterday and turned the dynamic contrast on and damn the pic was crsip and bright. I found that cartoon movies u can turn it on and it really makes it look good, diff than like a regular movie where it can brightn things up to much, it really makes cartoon movies like that really pop.
post #1285 of 2128
That's the problem with Dynamic contrast. I agree there are times it really makes the picture pop, especially outdoor scenes. But it also makes some areas look to dark while others too bright. Faces don't look as natural to me usually. I can definitely see how cartoons would benefit from using it however.
post #1286 of 2128
So after spending a week with the non cracked set, I have some opinions. Issues I have with this set include pretty bad light bleed, input lag, fast motion accuracy (sure there is a technical term, but I have trumotion off because I hate the soap opera effect) and overall issues with color accuracy mixed with contrast/brightness issues. Everything looks to bright or too dull, have played with the settings included the settings several others here have used and im still not close to satisfied with the picture. Since it had been 5 years since I got my DLP I expected an improvement in most areas but so far I feel this tv has been a downgrade.

Any advice other owners? I've spent several hours playing with the settings and it's just not there for me.

I do love the passive 3d, but 3d in itself isn't a make or break feature, The apps are also very well implemented, but again this is a feature I could live without entirely as most of these apps are available on my 360/PS3.
post #1287 of 2128
I guess a couple of things. If I understand, you won't use trumotion, so how are you going to get fast motion to look better? Did you look at LCD TV's in the store, surely you saw the differences between those and a DLP, there are differences. By most accounts, both users and pro reviews (except Cnet) the picture is pretty good. You also went with a lower end model, so like any TV line, higher end gets you more controls, and often a better picture. In this price range I thought the Samsung was not as good, but pay more and Samsung TV looks good. LG in this price range to my eyes has one of the better pictures. The light bleed does seem to vary TV to TV, but I don't know what you are calling bad, or when you see it. On my 7600 when there is an actual picture, using low dimming, there is virtually no light bleed/cloudiness/flashing. During the day there is no way you would see it, in a dark room, in a very few scenes of movies, perhaps, but very minimal. Color accuracy is superb by the way on the LG sets. Better to my eyes than most sets anywhere near the price range. Calibrating instruments bear that out.
post #1288 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

I guess a couple of things. If I understand, you won't use trumotion, so how are you going to get fast motion to look better? Did you look at LCD TV's in the store, surely you saw the differences between those and a DLP, there are differences. By most accounts, both users and pro reviews (except Cnet) the picture is pretty good. You also went with a lower end model, so like any TV line, higher end gets you more controls, and often a better picture. In this price range I thought the Samsung was not as good, but pay more and Samsung TV looks good. LG in this price range to my eyes has one of the better pictures. The light bleed does seem to vary TV to TV, but I don't know what you are calling bad, or when you see it. On my 7600 when there is an actual picture, using low dimming, there is virtually no light bleed/cloudiness/flashing. During the day there is no way you would see it, in a dark room, in a very few scenes of movies, perhaps, but very minimal. Color accuracy is superb by the way on the LG sets. Better to my eyes than most sets anywhere near the price range. Calibrating instruments bear that out.

I wont use trumotion because it literally get motion sickness from the soap opera effect. Never had any issues with motion on any other tv or monitor ive owned. Trumotion simulates frames that arent there, but there is no reason with it off the tv should fail to display the frames from the source without the motion issues ive seen. Bleeding on my 2nd set is pretty close to the first one, the first had more bleeding but less clouding, this tv has slightly less bleeding and clouding through roughly 70% of the top half of the screen. When bright colors are on the screen I cant tell its there, but when darker colors (not just black) are promenant its very noticeable. The local dimming helps some but not a lot. Maybe color accuracy isnt the correct term, but regardless of settings colors bloom/are too bright.

Yes I looked at these sets in the store at both best buy and a hh gregg. Neither one had any noticeable issues with bleeding/clouding and I didn't exactly have a 60fps game to hook up to test input lag and motion issues.
post #1289 of 2128
Well...over the weekend I noticed my TV starting that damn reboot I kept seeing people post about. Anyone having any extended luck with this issue? I am not available to be home during the day so I can't exactly have an LG tech come and troubleshoot a few times and replace hardware.
post #1290 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mniedrach View Post

Well...over the weekend I noticed my TV starting that damn reboot I kept seeing people post about. Anyone having any extended luck with this issue? I am not available to be home during the day so I can't exactly have an LG tech come and troubleshoot a few times and replace hardware.

As discovered in the 8600 thread, it seems to be a problem with Plex. I removed it from my inputs and my computer last week and so far no reboots. It may not be necessary to remove it from the computer but I never used it so I figured why not. Let us know if this works for you, there are numerous success stories in the other thread but, other than mine, none here so far.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012