or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 6

post #151 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcshoeman2k4 View Post

The magic remote has a microphone in it for speech to text search.

i actually read this on some uk forum/blog...so last week i actually asked LG support and they said this option isnt available on this model...but it would be nice to turn that option on via the service menu if possible
post #152 of 2128
come on guys can some one post an unboxing video on youtube please


this is the lm9600 but can view just the same http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=V1hkSZMWstU
post #153 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster1 View Post

come on guys can some one post an unboxing video on youtube please

anything on youtube for that matter
post #154 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

Could anyone say how is this TV when compared to the D7000 of samsung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elykoj View Post

I just returned my 7600 and got the D8000 and picture is 100 times better, in my opinion that is

Anyone else?
post #155 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

Anyone else?

Comparing the Samsung D8000 to the LG 7600 is unfair. The D8000 was Samsungs flagship model for 2011, so of course it's going to look great.

The LG LM7600 is a mid range model.

A more fair comparison would be the D8000 vs the LG LM8600 or better yet the LM9600.

Samsung D8000 (flagship for 2011):
-Edge LED with dimming
-240hz
-Active 3D
-Smart TV

LG LM9600 (flagship for 2012):
-Backlit LED with TRUE local dimming
-480hz (240hz with scanning backlight)
-Passive 3D
-Smart TV with dual core chip
post #156 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster1 View Post

come on guys can some one post an unboxing video on youtube please


this is the lm9600 but can view just the same http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=V1hkSZMWstU

My 55" should be here tomorrow. I'll see about doing an unboxing video for you guys. I had the 47" but I returned it to BB when the 55" bundle deal popped up over the weekend.
post #157 of 2128
good looking out will be looking out for that video
post #158 of 2128
Can someone confirm if PAL can be activated from service menu?
post #159 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post

Can someone confirm if PAL can be activated from service menu?

lol, i know 6 pages are alot, but cmon

page 4
post #160 of 2128
Hi Viper,
I saw your posting earlier. It doesn't show options of "Country Group" and if those can be activated. Appreciate, if you can confirm this or post some pictures.
Thanks.
post #161 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

Anyone else?

I am also interested in this

I read this http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm and this http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

but still I am thinking about it. (view angle! , 3d quality, head tilt...)
The other thing is that in Italy where I currently live it seems that LG will not import the 7600 model only 670 and 960 , 870 , 860. Still my upper limit is ~1500Euros
I am interested in video games so higher refresh should be more adequate especially under 3d.
post #162 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post

Hi Viper,
I saw your posting earlier. It doesn't show options of "Country Group" and if those can be activated. Appreciate, if you can confirm this or post some pictures.
Thanks.

Yes there is a submenu titled "Country Group", but again all options are grayed out and unfortunately appear unchangeable.
post #163 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

The buydig.com deal was $1,499 for the 55" with soundbar and bracket.


55" 6700 + soundbar + bracket was 1799$
(type "slickdeals 55lm6700" into google, can't post links yet)

few days later they had:
47" 6700 + soundbar + glasses for 1529$
post #164 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk135 View Post


55" 6700 + soundbar + bracket was 1799$
(type "slickdeals 55lm6700" into google, can't post links yet)

few days later they had:
47" 6700 + soundbar + glasses for 1529$

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7100...kup-kit?page=3

$1499 for the one I saw earlier
LL
post #165 of 2128
The 3D of the new models is the same compared to the tvs of 2011?
post #166 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpanda View Post

The 3D of the new models is the same compared to the tvs of 2011?


hmmm, last pg post #143

or you can just click the link a few post above you (#162), a nice indepth review of the 2nd generation 3d
post #167 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post

hmmm, last pg post #143

or you can just click the link a few post above you (#162), a nice indepth review of the 2nd generation 3d

So it should be the same, the tvs of 2011 are full hd 3d (with an update)
post #168 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpanda View Post

So it should be the same, the tvs of 2011 are full hd 3d (with an update)

It's a different 3d technology on this compared to last year's passive 3d.
post #169 of 2128
Have you any official resource of this?

LG says that they are using the same technology as last year.
post #170 of 2128
Could someone figure out if this model can display 24p accurately without any type of motion interpolation applied (also with a HTPC/Computer setup) - preferably someone with experience in noticing this.

I absolutely hate TruMotion and if it's on and you can't control it (like for this model) then it's a no-buy. I'm hoping it's actually off and the only thing related is "scanning backlights" which is on (hopefully).
post #171 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

Have you any official resource of this?

LG says that they are using the same technology as last year.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...-Review/3D.htm
post #172 of 2128
Quote:

I'm no expert when it comes to the 3D technology LG is using so this is just my $0.02 worth. The article stated "Starting in the 3rd quarter of 2011, LG has circularly polarized the light coming out of their televisions to create the illusion of 3D images."

Perhaps there has been no fundamental changes to the hardware used on the 2012 TVs. LG supposedly made changes to the 3D algorithms in 2011 that were much discussed but never documented. The claim was that these firmware changes improved the 3D performance to the extent that LG were able to achieve 1080p 3D certification. Some people, even a professional reviewer, said that they saw a definite improvement in 3D performance after a certain update. Others disagreed.

Maybe the 2012 TV's hardware has been tweaked or improved to take full advantage of the firmware changes made last year. I haven't seen the 2012 TVs yet so I cannot confirm whether I see improvement or not. However, for televisioninfo to state:

"Overall, this is the best 3D technology we have seen. We really like the images, they are mesmerizing and fun to watch. It does not get tiring, it is not sickening, or exhausting, it’s just 3D, the way you have always pictured it to work.

it must be damn good.
post #173 of 2128
Has anyone tested the DLNA media streaming over their home network? The wording on LGs website has me concerned that the DLNA is not standards based and only works with certain 3rd party proprietary software on windows.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-55LM6700# (under the software update tab)

"To use DLNA, the PC needs to have Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials."

I have my media on a NAS device specifically to avoid needing a computer to do the streaming. Currently I stream to my XBOX 360 directly from the NAS. Going directly to the TV would be nice though.

If anyone could test that would be great!
post #174 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigationroad View Post

I'm no expert when it comes to the 3D technology LG is using so this is just my $0.02 worth. The article stated "Starting in the 3rd quarter of 2011, LG has circularly polarized the light coming out of their televisions to create the illusion of 3D images."

Perhaps there has been no fundamental changes to the hardware used on the 2012 TVs. LG supposedly made changes to the 3D algorithms in 2011 that were much discussed but never documented. The claim was that these firmware changes improved the 3D performance to the extent that LG were able to achieve 1080p 3D certification. Some people, even a professional reviewer, said that they saw a definite improvement in 3D performance after a certain update. Others disagreed.

Maybe the 2012 TV's hardware has been tweaked or improved to take full advantage of the firmware changes made last year. I haven't seen the 2012 TVs yet so I cannot confirm whether I see improvement or not. However, for televisioninfo to state:

"Overall, this is the best 3D technology we have seen. We really like the images, they are mesmerizing and fun to watch. It does not get tiring, it is not sickening, or exhausting, it's just 3D, the way you have always pictured it to work.

it must be damn good.

Today i tried both tvs, the 3d is the same; but i'll buy the new one because it looks better in my room
post #175 of 2128
I bought 55lm6700 from local store today. I noticed lots of backlight bleeding / clouding (see pics). I am coming from plasma world, so not sure how much bleeding is ok. Please let me know if it is normal.
LL
post #176 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post

I bought 55lm6700 from local store today. I noticed lots of backlight bleeding / clouding (see pics). I am coming from plasma world, so not sure how much bleeding is ok. Please let me know if it is normal.

Woah, I couldn't live with that...
Not being an ass but that alone might make me just seek out plasma alone.
post #177 of 2128
Depends on how often you watch a black screen with all of the lights out.
post #178 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhilimon View Post

Has anyone tested the DLNA media streaming over their home network? The wording on LGs website has me concerned that the DLNA is not standards based and only works with certain 3rd party proprietary software on windows.

"To use DLNA, the PC needs to have Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials."

I have my media on a NAS device specifically to avoid needing a computer to do the streaming. Currently I stream to my XBOX 360 directly from the NAS. Going directly to the TV would be nice though.

If anyone could test that would be great!

You do not need that Nero software to use DLNA.
The TV was able to browse files on different computers on my network, though it seems its file support is limited. For example it didn't see any mkv files.

Since it couldn't see mkv's which is what I have most of my movies in, I tried the medialink program on the TV which connects to Plex server software that you install on your computer. The medialink program is really nice and it gives you a 10 foot interface sort of like XBMC. I was able to stream 1080p movies with Plex over wifi with no issues.

I also tried to use "Play To" in windows media player, and it showed the file being sent to the TV but it would never play.
post #179 of 2128
ok since we already know that the service menu can be accessed but not changed is it possible that they might be another code that allows you to change settings. The is only 9,999 available codes. Someone please start trying each one lol
post #180 of 2128
rx, I purchased the 7600 and have similar flashlight/clouding on that set that was not present in the display. I posted my pic on the 7600 thread.

may just return it. I didnt know if this issue varies from set to set. Could the burn-in time from the display sets have eliminated this issue?

these are the first build lots from these sets so maybe some issues to work through
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012