or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 65

post #1921 of 2128
Hi!
I have a quick question - I am experiencing audio sync issues between the LG TV (55lm6700) and the receiver (Panasonic SA-XR25). My source is a PS3 connected via HDMI to the TV and via an optical cable to the receiver. The sound coming out precedes the picture. There are no audio sync settings on the receiver.

When I run the audio via the TV's optical out (PS3 > HDMI > TV > optical > receiver) the audio is in sync but not in surround.

As far as I understand, my two options are:
1. buy an RCA universal remote to get into the TV advanced settings / download engineering firmware.
2. Upgrade to a receiver with HDMI inputs and audio sync controls.

I am worried that if I try option 1 I will brick the TV.

As far as option 2 - my budget is limited. I do like the sound of the Panasonic, and I don't want to get anything worse, but I can't spend more than $200 (entry level / refurbished Denon / Onkyo / Yamaha).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
post #1922 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2k View Post

Hi!
I have a quick question - I am experiencing audio sync issues between the LG TV (55lm6700) and the receiver (Panasonic SA-XR25). My source is a PS3 connected via HDMI to the TV and via an optical cable to the receiver. The sound coming out precedes the picture. There are no audio sync settings on the receiver.

When I run the audio via the TV's optical out (PS3 > HDMI > TV > optical > receiver) the audio is in sync but not in surround.

As far as I understand, my two options are:
1. buy an RCA universal remote to get into the TV advanced settings / download engineering firmware.
2. Upgrade to a receiver with HDMI inputs and audio sync controls.

I am worried that if I try option 1 I will brick the TV.

As far as option 2 - my budget is limited. I do like the sound of the Panasonic, and I don't want to get anything worse, but I can't spend more than $200 (entry level / refurbished Denon / Onkyo / Yamaha).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!


Hi! I also own a PS3 and a LG TV, but I don't quite understand what your problem is. You're saying that the audio sync is the trouble... so why don't you connect the PS3 to the audio receiver? The connection would be like this: Audio (PS3>optical>receiver) and the video (PS3> HDMI > TV). You can configure audio and video separately on the setup menu of the PS3, I use it that way and works great.

Please let me know if I misunderstand you or there's any other way I can help you.

PS. Sorry for my english, but it's not my native language.
post #1923 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Ochoa View Post

Hi! I also own a PS3 and a LG TV, but I don't quite understand what your problem is. You're saying that the audio sync is the trouble... so why don't you connect the PS3 to the audio receiver? The connection would be like this: Audio (PS3>optical>receiver) and the video (PS3> HDMI > TV). You can configure audio and video separately on the setup menu of the PS3, I use it that way and works great.

Please let me know if I misunderstand you or there's any other way I can help you.

PS. Sorry for my english, but it's not my native language.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I am doing exactly what you are describing - Audio (PS3>optical>receiver) and the video (PS3> HDMI > TV). However, the video is lagging behind the audio. I think it has to do with the processing speed of the TV VS. the processing speed of the audio.

The lag is not very noticeable, but since I know it's there it just bugs me.
post #1924 of 2128
Thanks for the tip, echo but I'm a little concerned about doing this especially since I would be "moving" the clouding.
I'd really like a tech to look at my TV and possibly replace the panel but I don't want it costing me a lot. I just wish I knew if or what people have paid for a tech visit/clouding repair.
post #1925 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post

Thanks for the tip, echo but I'm a little concerned about doing this especially since I would be "moving" the clouding.
I'd really like a tech to look at my TV and possibly replace the panel but I don't want it costing me a lot. I just wish I knew if or what people have paid for a tech visit/clouding repair.

I paid $0 for my panel replacement. It took place only a few days after getting the TV, and since I got mine at Costco, I went through Costco's "Concierge Service", which just consisted of Costco calling LG and doing a conference call to set up the appt.

I would have been surprised (and upset) if I had called LG directly and then gotten charged for the same service, but you never know.

And FWIW, my original panel looked about like the photo posted by egvo.
post #1926 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Just picked up the 55lm6400 from Sam's club. Returned the 55lm4600 for it. Picture looks great with tru-motion set to user and anything from 0-2. I must say though on the 4600 while it did not have any tru-motion settings it really did not show any blur.

So, with the 6400 there is a setting for Super Resolution which I assume is suppose to upscale an SD picture to HD. Wether this setting is off or on I do not see a difference. Does anyone know if this feature actually works?
post #1927 of 2128
I also just picked up the 55lm6400. No one but SAMs had it. I like it so far,except for the glare. I guess that is almost normal now.
post #1928 of 2128
Here is a quick update on my audio sync issue -
Last night I had the PS3 audio coming out of the TV (HDMI) and the receiver (optical) and I could notice a they two were out of sync.
I tried adjusting the audio sync option on the TV - the default setting was OFF.

I turned it on and moved the TV Speaker slider all the way to the left - which seemed to improve the sync between the two audio outputs. Then, just for kicks I checked the 'BYPASS' button in the audio sync panel, which eliminated the sync issue almost completely.

I think it didn't really take care of the video/audio sync, but at least the two audio signals are synced.

One more note - I did change the name of the HDMI2 (PS3) to Game - I read somewhere is affects the lag, so I thought it might help with the audio sync.
post #1929 of 2128
Thanks, skwiggly! Unfortunately I got mine at Frys but I will call LG support in the next couple of days and see if they're going to charge me. There's no way I was going to buy Frys' extended warranty as I've heard its a joke.
post #1930 of 2128
I just got myself lm6700 47 inch because it was on sale for $700. But I am really dissapointed at the moment and thinking about taking it back. Main reason for it is because of horrible remote controller and tv color errors + loading time, unstable wi-fi.

1. remote controller - what the heck is this? Idea is good but where is input button on this thing or menu button, play, ff, rewind etc? Every time I need to switch input, it takes practically 10+ seconds because I have to press home or my apps button and wait it for load. As I mentioned, loading time is so horrible on this and it takes me 10+ seconds just to change input. Also lack of play, ff, rewind make watching netflix horrible. Hello, LG? Did anybody ever complained everything except changing channel and volume takes too long because of lack of buttons and horrible loading time?

2. Wi-fi range - or performance.. I can't even do anything with wi-fi because it just won't load anything. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I can't even watch netflix, youtube right. I also have samsung es8000 on my other room which is located much further than this tv is from router works absolutely fine. I can only think this tv's wi-fi sux.

3. home screen loading - seriously? it's so slow I can't stand it. Yes, I updated it to lastest software and it still crawls like snail. Make it worse, I have to go through this horrible stuff everytime because there aren't any buttons on remote. Did I tell you, composite input color gets messed up everytime you exit from netflix? It becomes green color and won't fixed till I restart tv.

Seriously.. This tv is big let down for me because I had high hopes for it after seeing so many positive reviews. Is there universal remote that works properly with this tv? If not, I am returning this garbage tv.
post #1931 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin777 View Post

I just got myself lm6700 47 inch because it was on sale for $700. But I am really dissapointed at the moment and thinking about taking it back. Main reason for it is because of horrible remote controller and tv color errors + loading time, unstable wi-fi.

1. remote controller - what the heck is this? Idea is good but where is input button on this thing or menu button, play, ff, rewind etc? Every time I need to switch input, it takes practically 10+ seconds because I have to press home or my apps button and wait it for load. As I mentioned, loading time is so horrible on this and it takes me 10+ seconds just to change input. Also lack of play, ff, rewind make watching netflix horrible. Hello, LG? Did anybody ever complained everything except changing channel and volume takes too long because of lack of buttons and horrible loading time?
....

FWIW - I was told (not sure if it is true or not) by the LG repair tech that the menu lag is due to TWC box connected via HDMI. There is a software glitch in TWC boxes, that interferes with the TV operations.

BTW - I love the magic remote smile.gif
post #1932 of 2128
I have had audio sync issues..... most of the time it is fine.

95% of the TV viewing is done via a Directv HD DVR (genie)

Happens sometimes with the internal speakers and when playing a Blu-Ray

I have a yamaha sound bar YAS101.......

In the TV's menu I have not done any changes to the AV Sync (it is set where the factory has set it)
post #1933 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2k View Post

FWIW - I was told (not sure if it is true or not) by the LG repair tech that the menu lag is due to TWC box connected via HDMI. There is a software glitch in TWC boxes, that interferes with the TV operations.

BTW - I love the magic remote smile.gif

Nothing is connected on hdmi. Only thing connected to tv so far is cable tv through tv cable and other dtv through composite cable.
post #1934 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfunkalow View Post

hello, question for you!
I recently updated to 04.34.01 and have a slightly annoying issue now.
Whenever i 'stream' (as in not OTA video) the video stutters.
This seems to happen on any video stream other than OTA.
This happens on videos being shared/streamed via Plex, from a USB stick, and netflix.

It is extremely annoying. Anyone have any tips to get it to stop?

At first i thought it was plex, then i tried from USB and saw the same issue.
It plays and seems to stutter/drop frames every 2 seconds or so.

using HDMI 1, haven't tried any other inputs.
plex 0.9.7.17 (shouldn't matter since still stutters on non-plex media)
oh, and the TV is the LG 55LM6700

any hints/tips/etc would be rad.

Thank-you.

*edit*
I have also unplugged the TV and had it off for a few minutes and tried again
Also did a reset on the TV, still same issues.
Called the 1800 number on the details screen, was on the phone with them for a while, was told they will call me back. This seems to be more than just me having this issue.


An update.

The problem went away that evening but it reared it's ugly head again yesterday.
It seems to occur when there is motion on the screen, as in, two characters are still, camera still, no stutter, as soon as movement starts, stutter.

again, this occurs on anything other than OTA on the HDMI1 port (only HDMI port i am using, but component is not affected.)
post #1935 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin777 View Post

I just got myself lm6700 47 inch because it was on sale for $700. But I am really dissapointed at the moment and thinking about taking it back. Main reason for it is because of horrible remote controller and tv color errors + loading time, unstable wi-fi.

1. remote controller - what the heck is this? Idea is good but where is input button on this thing or menu button, play, ff, rewind etc? Every time I need to switch input, it takes practically 10+ seconds because I have to press home or my apps button and wait it for load. As I mentioned, loading time is so horrible on this and it takes me 10+ seconds just to change input. Also lack of play, ff, rewind make watching netflix horrible. Hello, LG? Did anybody ever complained everything except changing channel and volume takes too long because of lack of buttons and horrible loading time?

I downloaded the LG remote app on my iPhone and have had better control with it than I do the magic remote. I do get some functionality with my Directv remote in TV mode also.
post #1936 of 2128
hi os2k

1) Buy HDMI v1.4 or 3d ready
2) conect PS3 to HDMI4 (PC), this port is for nothing input lag
3) rename HDMI4 to game
4) select in settings game mode and audio game mode.


bye
post #1937 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin777 View Post

I just got myself lm6700 47 inch because it was on sale for $700. But I am really dissapointed at the moment and thinking about taking it back. Main reason for it is because of horrible remote controller and tv color errors + loading time, unstable wi-fi.

1. remote controller - what the heck is this? Idea is good but where is input button on this thing or menu button, play, ff, rewind etc? Every time I need to switch input, it takes practically 10+ seconds because I have to press home or my apps button and wait it for load. As I mentioned, loading time is so horrible on this and it takes me 10+ seconds just to change input. Also lack of play, ff, rewind make watching netflix horrible. Hello, LG? Did anybody ever complained everything except changing channel and volume takes too long because of lack of buttons and horrible loading time?

2. Wi-fi range - or performance.. I can't even do anything with wi-fi because it just won't load anything. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I can't even watch netflix, youtube right. I also have samsung es8000 on my other room which is located much further than this tv is from router works absolutely fine. I can only think this tv's wi-fi sux.

3. home screen loading - seriously? it's so slow I can't stand it. Yes, I updated it to lastest software and it still crawls like snail. Make it worse, I have to go through this horrible stuff everytime because there aren't any buttons on remote. Did I tell you, composite input color gets messed up everytime you exit from netflix? It becomes green color and won't fixed till I restart tv.

Seriously.. This tv is big let down for me because I had high hopes for it after seeing so many positive reviews. Is there universal remote that works properly with this tv? If not, I am returning this garbage tv.

my tv works perfect and also my remote control, I had to pricipio by wifi and also worked at 100% and fast at all, but the connection to cable intener improved. sugiro that you change the batteries on the remote and if that does not work, call technical support according to what you mention is tv software problem, I recommend you update the firmware of your TV.
post #1938 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypros View Post

I have had audio sync issues..... most of the time it is fine.

95% of the TV viewing is done via a Directv HD DVR (genie)

Happens sometimes with the internal speakers and when playing a Blu-Ray

I have a yamaha sound bar YAS101.......

In the TV's menu I have not done any changes to the AV Sync (it is set where the factory has set it)

please buy cable hdmi v1.4 or 3d ready
post #1939 of 2128
Hi everyone, I just purchased the 47" version of the LM6700 a few days ago. My panel for the most part is good, but I do have some slight light bleed in the top left and right corners, with it being a little worse in the top left. It's not terrible, but is noticeable during dark scenes. What I'm wondering is, should I bother going through the RMA process with Newegg and rolling the dice on another panel, or should I just sit tight?

Basically, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a panel with zero light bleed, so I don't know if its worth the hassle. Is it even possible to get a "perfect" LED panel or is there always going to be some type of light bleed?
post #1940 of 2128
^^^If you haven't already, reduce the backlight setting to 30 or 40 and set local dimming to low. This can further reduce light bleed.
post #1941 of 2128
Yeah, my backlight is in the low 40's and local dimming is set to low. Like I said, its not bad, but it is noticeable.
post #1942 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikcave View Post

On another note, I have had no trouble playing most media through my wired network from a SMB share on my computer just using the network browser on the TV.

Where is this 'network browser'? All I get on my 47LM6700 is the SmartShare thing, which seems to be DLNA only.

It would be fabulous if this TV had the fantastic SMB client that the 2011 3D LG Bluray players (e.g. BD660/670) have...
post #1943 of 2128
For me it shows up in the input screen. Before the HDMI/Simplink and everything I see "BuffaloNas" or my PC.
post #1944 of 2128
I got my 47LM6700 ISF-calibrated today through geek squad (it's free instead of $249 if you're a RZ Silver member), I'd be happy to post the report they sent me after if anyone is interested. It has the settings attached although settings differ greatly from screen to screen.
post #1945 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarphd View Post

I got my 47LM6700 ISF-calibrated today through geek squad (it's free instead of $249 if you're a RZ Silver member), I'd be happy to post the report they sent me after if anyone is interested. It has the settings attached although settings differ greatly from screen to screen.

I'd love to see what settings they gave you, just to compare with my own.
post #1946 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

I'd love to see what settings they gave you, just to compare with my own.

Attached smile.gif fms#17843534.pdf 1030k .pdf file


It honestly looks a little warm to me, but the numbers back it up, so I'll see how I feel in a few days.
post #1947 of 2128
anyone know what kind of wifi toggle I should buy for this tv? This tv is at my living room about 7 feet away from my router(blocked by 4 walls) and wifi kept losing connection. I have concluded wifi device in this tv is piece of garbage as my laptop, cell-phone, ipod have no problem getting solid 5 bar wifi from same distance or even further. I am using cisco e4200 router. Recommend me one, please. plug in cable directly would be best but that's not an option for me.
post #1948 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarphd View Post

Attached smile.gif fms#17843534.pdf 1030k .pdf file


It honestly looks a little warm to me, but the numbers back it up, so I'll see how I feel in a few days.

Thanks, I'll test those out and see how they look. In the meantime, anyone else got any advice to my previous question?

VVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Hi everyone, I just purchased the 47" version of the LM6700 a few days ago. My panel for the most part is good, but I do have some slight light bleed in the top left and right corners, with it being a little worse in the top left. It's not terrible, but is noticeable during dark scenes. What I'm wondering is, should I bother going through the RMA process with Newegg and rolling the dice on another panel, or should I just sit tight?

Basically, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a panel with zero light bleed, so I don't know if its worth the hassle. Is it even possible to get a "perfect" LED panel or is there always going to be some type of light bleed?
post #1949 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Hi everyone, I just purchased the 47" version of the LM6700 a few days ago. My panel for the most part is good, but I do have some slight light bleed in the top left and right corners, with it being a little worse in the top left. It's not terrible, but is noticeable during dark scenes. What I'm wondering is, should I bother going through the RMA process with Newegg and rolling the dice on another panel, or should I just sit tight?

Basically, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a panel with zero light bleed, so I don't know if its worth the hassle. Is it even possible to get a "perfect" LED panel or is there always going to be some type of light bleed?

With a micro fiber gently pressed on white or clouding shadows trying to scatter, imagine that you are removing an air bubble, however you have to remember that this tv is LED edge-lighting bone around the edges, if it bothers you laproxima better for sure buy a full-led.
post #1950 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Hi everyone, I just purchased the 47" version of the LM6700 a few days ago. My panel for the most part is good, but I do have some slight light bleed in the top left and right corners, with it being a little worse in the top left. It's not terrible, but is noticeable during dark scenes. What I'm wondering is, should I bother going through the RMA process with Newegg and rolling the dice on another panel, or should I just sit tight?

Basically, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a panel with zero light bleed, so I don't know if its worth the hassle. Is it even possible to get a "perfect" LED panel or is there always going to be some type of light bleed?
It all depends on how bad it is and if you can deal with it. It is definitely a roll of the device. I went through 6 different LG LED TVs in the past 2 months all different models from the bottom to the lm7600 and out of all 6 I would say one was as close to perfect as you can get although in a dark room you would notice the panel was not perfect. In a lit room it was fine.

The odds of finding a panel with no hot spots or bleed is probably slim to almost none so you have to ask yourself what if the exchange is worse or if you are not happy with what you have then you might as well roll the dice. Me, after trying 6 LED TVs I ended up buying a Samsung plasma the other day.

Also, not sure what you paid for your 47lm6700 but Newegg has the 47lm7600 on sale for $799. If you paid more then that I would go for the better model. If you are going to have light bleed you might as well have it on the better model and possibly save yourself more money.

If you want a bump up in size and model, Buy.com has the 55lm7600 on sale for $1,199. Newegg has a sale on it for $1,249.
Edited by eric3316 - 3/31/13 at 8:27am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012