or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 67

post #1981 of 2128
Got my replacement from Newegg today. My old one had light bleed on the top left and it now appears this one has it on the top right. It doesn't appear to be as bad though, but it is still daylight. I'll have to assess it more when it gets dark. If it's like the last one though, I'm either going to contact LG and have them repair the panel, or just get an outright refund from Newegg to get a plasma and be done with LED and the light bleed issue all together.
post #1982 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Got my replacement from Newegg today. My old one had light bleed on the top left and it now appears this one has it on the top right. It doesn't appear to be as bad though, but it is still daylight. I'll have to assess it more when it gets dark. If it's like the last one though, I'm either going to contact LG and have them repair the panel, or just get an outright refund from Newegg to get a plasma and be done with LED and the light bleed issue all together.
Mine has it on the top left, right and down the left side. I've been wanting to get an LG tech out to my place to look at it bit when you go on their support webpage the verbiage is confusing but I think we would have to pay for the visit!
Check it out and tell me if I'm wrong since no one else would.
post #1983 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Got my replacement from Newegg today. My old one had light bleed on the top left and it now appears this one has it on the top right. It doesn't appear to be as bad though, but it is still daylight. I'll have to assess it more when it gets dark. If it's like the last one though, I'm either going to contact LG and have them repair the panel, or just get an outright refund from Newegg to get a plasma and be done with LED and the light bleed issue all together.
Mine has it on the top left, right and down the left side. I've been wanting to get an LG tech out to my place to look at it bit when you go on their support webpage the verbiage is confusing but I think we would have to pay for the visit!
Check it out and tell me if I'm wrong since no one else would.
post #1984 of 2128
Everything I see on there website that refers to their repair policy, just directs to the page to schedule a repair. I wouldn't think we'd have to pay though as long as you're within the warranty period. Hell, I've only had mine for roughly three weeks and even purchased an extended warranty plan. If they try to say I have to pay to have someone look at my television, then I will for sure just get a refund from Newegg.
post #1985 of 2128
Well, after looking at it in the dark, it's almost exactly the same as my previous one, except the light bleed is on the opposite side. It's like someone is right behind the screen with a flashlight.

Wonder if I could saw the two TV's in half and glue them together to make one good, complete TV. tongue.gif

Time to get back on the phone with Newegg and get that refund. Plasma here I come.
post #1986 of 2128
Hello, just wanted to ask if it happens to all of you, when i see a vídeo on YouTube App only hd movies shows in fullscreen. Other videos show with side black bars, but if you press the qmenu button it turns fullscreen, when qmenu disapears black bars show again. If theres someone here that have the knowledge to report this to lg please do it. Thank you all andar sorry bout my bad english. smile.gif
post #1987 of 2128
waylo88...good luck with plasma purchase. I would have bought plasma from the beginning if they made plasma in a 46 or 47 inch size. I knew plasma was all together superior to Led lcd tvs. Why are there so many LED tvs on the market when plasma is a better technology??? Does anyone actually care that they save $30/year in electricity because their LED is more energy efficient? This is the only clear advantage LED has over plasma. I guess thinner bezels are better looking too.
post #1988 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Everything I see on there website that refers to their repair policy, just directs to the page to schedule a repair. I wouldn't think we'd have to pay though as long as you're within the warranty period. Hell, I've only had mine for roughly three weeks and even purchased an extended warranty plan. If they try to say I have to pay to have someone look at my television, then I will for sure just get a refund from Newegg.
I bought mine back at the end of January so my store return period is over. It's nit a big deal to me but when the lighting is right (wrong) I sure notice it and then I start to obsess over it. Please let us know what happens if you decide to get a tech to look at it.
post #1989 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreen1975 View Post

waylo88...good luck with plasma purchase. I would have bought plasma from the beginning if they made plasma in a 46 or 47 inch size. I knew plasma was all together superior to Led lcd tvs. Why are there so many LED tvs on the market when plasma is a better technology??? Does anyone actually care that they save $30/year in electricity because their LED is more energy efficient? This is the only clear advantage LED has over plasma. I guess thinner bezels are better looking too.

My TV prior to this one was a 42" Samsung plasma. I'm totally fine with the PQ downgrade when going from plasma to LED, but the damn light bleed is just something I cant get over, no matter how little of it there is. I've seen a lot of people say to just deal with it or whatever because all LED's have it, but why deal with it when I can get a different TV using a different technology and not have to worry about it at all?

I will say, this TV sure is a pleasure to look at though. Great looking design. I'm sure whatever plasma I wind up getting wont aesthetically look quite as nice. I'll gladly trade aesthetics for an evenly lit picture though.
post #1990 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

My TV prior to this one was a 42" Samsung plasma. I'm totally fine with the PQ downgrade when going from plasma to LED, but the damn light bleed is just something I cant get over, no matter how little of it there is. I've seen a lot of people say to just deal with it or whatever because all LED's have it, but why deal with it when I can get a different TV using a different technology and not have to worry about it at all?

I will say, this TV sure is a pleasure to look at though. Great looking design. I'm sure whatever plasma I wind up getting wont aesthetically look quite as nice. I'll gladly trade aesthetics for an evenly lit picture though.

My previous TV was an eight year old Panasonic Plasma 42 inch, and this LED isn't quite as nice. Yes it has more features, but the PQ seems worse to me. I've got another week in my return policy...I might return it for a 50 inch Panasonic plasma. I think the new TC-P50S60 is only $699 at sears.
post #1991 of 2128
Oh yeah, my old plasma was definitely nicer as far as PQ goes, but that's honestly to be expected when going from a plasma to an LED. I actually think the PQ is pretty nice on the LG for what it is.

Also, that TC-P50S60 is on sale for $699 on Amazon as well, if your Sears doesn't have any in-stock. I've been mulling over my options and if I were to get a refund, that's the TV I'd go with.
post #1992 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedamoca View Post

Hello, just wanted to ask if it happens to all of you, when i see a vídeo on YouTube App only hd movies shows in fullscreen. Other videos show with side black bars, but if you press the qmenu button it turns fullscreen, when qmenu disapears black bars show again. If theres someone here that have the knowledge to report this to lg please do it. Thank you all andar sorry bout my bad english. smile.gif

Anyone?
post #1993 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdurus View Post

Compared to my Sony 46nx720, calibrating this LG is like tuning a freakin piano!

The settings aren't very forgiving and you can't simply crank up the

brightness,backight,contrast etc..unless you want blown-out

whites,crushed blacks or a jaggy washed-out mess..Good news is I managed to get a great picture eventually



Here are my settings which are tweaked settings from one of the sites

mentioned earlier.these worked very well for me.


Below are settings I use for most content including movies.

If interested in a mild dose of SOE, change "Color Temp"="medium", reduce "color"=48.

(note order of settings below are different than order on actual tv menu...I used template from other site and replaced numbers with my own)


Energy Saving OFF

Picture Mode ISF Expert 2

Backlight 60

Contrast 80

Brightness 54

H Sharpness 30

V Sharpness 30

Color 54

Tint G6

Super Resolution On

LED Local Dimming Low

Dynamic Contrast OFF

Noise Reduction OFF

MPEG Noise Reduction OFF

Black Level LOW

Color Gamut STANDARD

Edge Enhancement Low

Color Filter OFF

Color Temp WARM

GAMMA 2.2

Method 2 Point IRE

Pattern OUTER


Color Management System White Balance:


Saturation,Tint,Luminance

Red 1, 5, 2

Green 3, 6, 0

Blue -10, -8, 2

Yellow -2, -1, 0

Cyan 3, 8, 1

Magenta -3, 0, 0
these are nice smile.gif
post #1994 of 2128
New firmware update.

Version 5.00


Info ???
post #1995 of 2128
Well I'm coming down to the last day or two to return this TV. I had the LG techs replace the panel due to the flashlighting/light bleed in the upper corners. The new panel is improved, but I can still see a slight line of light bleed across the top and it's a little heavier in the upper left corner. This is really only visible when the room is mostly dark(usually night only) and during dark movie scenes. I just don't understand why this is normal for LED TVs, or why anyone would accept this in an expensive HDTV where the whole goal of these TVs are perfect picture quality. What about the poor buyers of this TV from early in 2012 that paid $1300-$1500 for it. I paid only $615, so I guess you could argue that my expectations of good picture quality are too high at that price point. I'm afraid this is going to bug me for as long as I own this TV. I may have to return it and get a plasma to replace it. As I've read this thread it seems that the big positives on this TV are 3D and gaming. I don't care about 3D and don't own a game console. I guess I should have read this forum before making my purchase. I would have realized that I should have bought a plasma from the beginning.

I thought I was going to keep this TV, but the slight light bleed/flashlighting and the essentially useless local dimming and trumotion is bugging me. I really didn't want the larger physical size of a 50" TV and plasma-thick frame hanging over the gas fireplace, but I might need to do it just to put my mind at ease that the picture quality is the best I can get. Plus, I guess I worry that the light bleed issue will get worse.
post #1996 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolnyc View Post

New firmware update.

Version 5.00


Info ???
i get no update found...
post #1997 of 2128
In the user guide for my LG LM6410 it says "If the video signal is 60Hz, Trumotion may not work". For me, in New Zealand, all TV (I believe) is broadcasted at 50Hz, so i was wondering whether Trumotion also may not work at 50Hz.

I know everyone is going to say "just try it out, and if you can't tell the difference then what does it matter anyway?" But the thing is at the moment I only have standard definition @ 50Hz and it looks so awful, most of the time, that it would be difficult to tell the difference between terrible and disastrous. And I want to get HD tv broadcast to watch sports on, but not if Trumotion doesn't work. This is really buggin me because I would have got a plasma if I knew it wasn't going to work.

Also, I don't even know if my panel is 100Hz or not because every store in NZ that sold this TV advertised the refresh rate as 100 Hz but then the specs on the LG site just say "Trumotion 100Hz". If my panel is 100Hz does that mean it will be better for sports, compared to 50hz, even without Trumotion on?

I will be very grateful for any help or ideas because Sky has a monopoly on sports in NZ and we have to buy their basic package first, plus sports, then toget hd we have to pay for a mysky decoder (allows you to record tv) and an HD ticket on top of that, and the minimum term is 12 months. So its a lot of money, so Sport looking good on my tv is an important factor indeciding whther to spend that money vs going to the pub to watch the rugby.

Thanks everyone.
post #1998 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

i get no update found...

Odd. Mine updated just fine earlier.
post #1999 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreen1975 View Post

Well I'm coming down to the last day or two to return this TV. I had the LG techs replace the panel due to the flashlighting/light bleed in the upper corners. The new panel is improved, but I can still see a slight line of light bleed across the top and it's a little heavier in the upper left corner. This is really only visible when the room is mostly dark(usually night only) and during dark movie scenes. I just don't understand why this is normal for LED TVs, or why anyone would accept this in an expensive HDTV where the whole goal of these TVs are perfect picture quality. What about the poor buyers of this TV from early in 2012 that paid $1300-$1500 for it. I paid only $615, so I guess you could argue that my expectations of good picture quality are too high at that price point. I'm afraid this is going to bug me for as long as I own this TV. I may have to return it and get a plasma to replace it. As I've read this thread it seems that the big positives on this TV are 3D and gaming. I don't care about 3D and don't own a game console. I guess I should have read this forum before making my purchase. I would have realized that I should have bought a plasma from the beginning.

I thought I was going to keep this TV, but the slight light bleed/flashlighting and the essentially useless local dimming and trumotion is bugging me. I really didn't want the larger physical size of a 50" TV and plasma-thick frame hanging over the gas fireplace, but I might need to do it just to put my mind at ease that the picture quality is the best I can get. Plus, I guess I worry that the light bleed issue will get worse.

You know what? I am on that fence myself. I first purchased a 47lm6200, and the flashlighting was horrible. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I turned it on (coming from a plasma and a dlp). LG replaced the panel, and it was better, but still had a giant patch of flashlighting.
I decided to just return it, and found the 55lm6700 at costco for a decent enough price for me, and since the display model looked awesome, jumped on it. I originally did not care about 3D, but after watching a few movies on the first set, my family really wanted to keep that feature, and it is indeed very good on the 6700 for sure.
Anyway, this set has very very minor glow at the top and bottom right corners. I really only notice it in a dark room watching something letterboxed, or like Game of Thrones. It isn't really bad, but it is there, and it bothers me. From the sounds of everything I have been reading, this is "normal" for LED sets, and some are worse than others. Ugh. Luckily I have about 80 more days to decide.
post #2000 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Odd. Mine updated just fine earlier.
guess is only for US
post #2001 of 2128
Just updated to 5.0 firmware. Amazon Instant now available as a premium app. Seems to be some slight UI tweaks.
post #2002 of 2128
Pandora and Vimeo are now available in the LG app store. Sweet!
post #2003 of 2128
A while ago, someone said that an update gave them the ability to push youtube videos from their phone to the tv. Has anyone figured out how to do that?
post #2004 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnax View Post

A while ago, someone said that an update gave them the ability to push youtube videos from their phone to the tv. Has anyone figured out how to do that?

I have the most up to date YouTube app on my iPhone. When I have the television on and I am on the Youtube app on my phone, when I hit play it gives me the option to play it on the television.
post #2005 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post

I have the most up to date YouTube app on my iPhone. When I have the television on and I am on the Youtube app on my phone, when I hit play it gives me the option to play it on the television.

works on android phones too smile.gif
post #2006 of 2128
these are good too:

2D & 3D settings:

Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1
Backlight: 56
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 58
H Sharpness: 11
V Sharpness: 11
Colour: 46
Tint: 0
Expert Control -
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Colour Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off
Colour Filter: Off
Gamma: 1.9 (or 2.2, can vary from person to person and depends on the room brightness)
Colour Temperature: Warm (or normal, can vary from person to person and depends on the room brightness)

Picture options menu

NR: Off
MpegNR: off
Black level: low
Real Cinema: Off
Local dimming: off or low
Tru-motion: off
................................................

Very precise settings Method: 2 points and 20 points IRE, and Colour management (for very fine adjustment of natural colors):

2D

Method: 2 points
Points: High
Red 0
Green 0
Blue -3
Points: Low
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: -14
Method: 20 Point IRE
IRE: 100
Luminance: 130
Red: 26
Green: 0
Blue: 0
IRE: 90
Red: 28
Green: 0
Blue: 0
IRE: 80
Red: 18
Green: 0
Blue: 0
IRE: 10
Red: 1
Green: -1
Blue: 13

Colour Management:
Red
Saturation 0
Tint 18
Luminance -4
Green
Saturation 1
Tint 11
Luminance -6
Blue
Saturation 0
Tint 0
Luminance 3
Cyan
Saturation 0
Tint 2
Luminance -9
Magenta
Saturation 0
Tint 0
Luminance -7
Yellow
Saturation -6
Tint 0
Luminance -1

.............................................

3D

Method: 2 points
Points: High
Red 0
Green 0
Blue -3
Points: Low
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: -17
Method: 20 Point IRE
IRE: 10
Red: -14
Green: -11
Blue: 2
IRE: 90
Red: 23
Green: 0
Blue: -2
IRE: 100
Luminance: 130
Red: 7
Green: 0
Blue: -20

Colour Management:
Red
Saturation 0
Tint 0
Luminance -18
Green
Saturation 0
Tint 14
Luminance -2
Blue
Saturation 0
Tint 0
Luminance 3
Cyan
Saturation 0
Tint 0
Luminance -1
Magenta
Saturation 0
Tint -2
Luminance -3
Yellow
Saturation -11
Tint 0
Luminance -6
post #2007 of 2128
why this tv set has such a low resolution... I have notice like a water effect around silhouettes
no matter is it is1080p or standard ...
post #2008 of 2128
What is your video source. If cable or sattelite the effect can be caused by compression not the TV.
post #2009 of 2128
Hmm...sounds like you may have TruMotion enabled. I have noticed that when using TruMotion set to three or above, it causes that effect around content that is being played in slow motion (I notice it most when they play a slo-mo replay during a sports game).
post #2010 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post

I have the most up to date YouTube app on my iPhone. When I have the television on and I am on the Youtube app on my phone, when I hit play it gives me the option to play it on the television.

Wow, thanks! That's pretty awesome. Is there a way to switch back to live tv from the youtube app?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012