or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 69

post #2041 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post

You're the 500th person to tell me that but I really don't like plasmas. Seems as if there is no other alternative.

You'd think companies wouldn't release such expensive, "high quality" products if they were faulty, but then again these days it's anything to make a buck.

I was particularly upset about LG not being able to fix/replace this TV because the edge bleed is actually getting worse (I didn't think that was possible)! It used to be evenly at the top right/left corners and now the left side is completely white and the right side is now brighter.

There's no returning this TV back to Frys since I bought it in January. LG can't or won't do anything for me so I'm stuck for the next few years while I can hope that the technology will get better but I'm not going to hold my breath!

this tv i only use pretty much for 3d viewing. 2d and gaming gets done on my plasma. i have yet to see a led tv with zero light bleed.
post #2042 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalraiker View Post

I have the audio language selection grayed out, I know a few have reported this.
Stupid me didn't read the thread and completed the firmware update.
Any Fix ?
Can I revert to the old firmware?

Bump
post #2043 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

If I were you, I'd just call LG every single day and be a complete pain in the ass until they fixed it. If it's as bad as you say it is, they can fix it for you. Sounds like you just got a super lazy repair man to initially look at it.

I would but I don't think that'll get them to do anything about it. The tech told me I could get one with worse bleed but I went to Frys the other day and looked at a similar model and the edge bleed was VERY minimal.

I've considered stressing to them that I want a replacement and just replace until I get a good one but I'm not sure if they'll let me do it.

If only the bleed was like it was when I first bought it. I don't recall reading anything about edge bleed ever getting worse but mine definitely is and it's bugging the hell out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

this tv i only use pretty much for 3d viewing. 2d and gaming gets done on my plasma. i have yet to see a led tv with zero light bleed.

I would consider a plasma but I only bought the 6700 back in January and I'm not made of enough money to just buy a new TV. My old school Vizio doesn't have any edge bleed.

Here's a few pictures - which don't do the bleed justice:



post #2044 of 2128
Hi all, I have problems with youtube app hangs and to turn off the TV because the videos are frozen. Any help?, I have the latest firmware installed.
post #2045 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by egvo View Post

Dellamorte13:

I did the following:
1) wipe the panel with a damp microfiber water only
2) Use a dry microfiber pace and firmly with the open hand which had white shadows "clouding" and disappeared, run your hand over all the edges of the TV and although they look a little longer is not terrible.

Last night I watched a movie and not notice the clouding.

Note: I read that the EDGE-LED Technology has this problem so this is normal, so for the next we have to go to a FULL-LED TV.

Anyway I wrote to LG support Colombia to see that I say and tell you.

Greetings from Colombia!

Edwin.

I re-read this thread in the hopes of finding some answers because I'm running out of options and am fed up.

egvo,
I'm not quite sure I understand your directions in your post. Are you saying to open up the TV and wipe the panel itself down with a damp cloth or are you talking about the screen?

Next week I'm going to try and get the LG tech out here again and tell him I want it swapped with another one. I can't take this any more. I don't even want to watch movies on this TV. If I can't get them to swap it or the new one I get has the same (or worse) bleed then I'm going to sell it...cheap.

I loved this TV and after buying three different brands, I thought I could finally be content. After buying my first TV in November 2012 as a birthday gift to myself, I thought I had it made but I've had nothing but troubles since. My brain hurts.Everything else I love but this edge bleed is so bad that it's inexcusable. I don't even care that it's not 120hz like the box says. I just want this damn edge bleed GONE!
post #2046 of 2128
Hello all...

I am a newbie to the forums, and the reason I am posting here is because I just purchased a 55LM6400 a couple weeks ago from Sam's Club (really like it so far), and from what I've read this model is almost exactly like the LM6700...with a few cosmetic changes. (I've looked at the LM6400 threads, and those just don't have as much activity as this one does.) Here is my setup:
  • DirecTV
  • Sony BluRay/DVD player
  • XBox 360

All three of these have HDMI cables going from their outputs into my new Yamaha A/V receiver which has 4 HDMI inputs/1 HDMI output. From the Yamaha receiver, I have one HDMI cable going out to my LG 3D HDTV using HDMI input #1 (ARC). So, I have a couple questions:
  • After scanning this thread, I've seen some talk about "lag". Should I consider moving my HDMI cable to the TV from input #1 to a different input (such as the #4 PC input)? Are there advantages of doing this? Or, am I ok with leaving it in input #1?
  • Ideally, I would love it if there was a color calibration setting that would work for all three devices so I don't have to manually change my current saved settings. Is this possible?
  • I've seen a few people post their own color calibration settings, but I guess I'm not sure which ones are the best. Are there ones that people have posted that are better than others? Is this all a matter of personal preference? I'm kinda lost on what some of the color settings actually do...or if I even need to know what some of the settings mean. For my Xbox 360, I have typically used the "Game" setting, and when I watch a movie, the "Cinema" setting is too dark. And, when I watch TV, I've been using my own custom setting, but I'm not sure if my settings are good or not...so I'm looking for some help/guidance.

Thank you...in advance.
Edited by PriusGuy2004 - 5/24/13 at 3:11pm
post #2047 of 2128
So did anyone figure out what's new with the v5.x firmware?
post #2048 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusGuy2004 View Post

Hello all...

I am a newbie to the forums, and the reason I am posting here is because I just purchased a 55LM6400 a couple weeks ago from Sam's Club (really like it so far), and from what I've read this model is almost exactly like the LM6700...with a few cosmetic changes. (I've looked at the LM6400 threads, and those just don't have as much activity as this one does.) Here is my setup:
  • DirecTV
  • Sony BluRay/DVD player
  • XBox 360

All three of these have HDMI cables going from their outputs into my new Yamaha A/V receiver which has 4 HDMI inputs/1 HDMI output. From the Yamaha receiver, I have one HDMI cable going out to my LG 3D HDTV using HDMI input #1 (ARC). So, I have a couple questions:
  • After scanning this thread, I've seen some talk about "lag". Should I consider moving my HDMI cable to the TV from input #1 to a different input (such as the #4 PC input)? Are there advantages of doing this? Or, am I ok with leaving it in input #1?
  • Ideally, I would love it if there was a color calibration setting that would work for all three devices so I don't have to manually change my current saved settings. Is this possible?
  • I've seen a few people post their own color calibration settings, but I guess I'm not sure which ones are the best. Are there ones that people have posted that are better than others? Is this all a matter of personal preference? I'm kinda lost on what some of the color settings actually do...or if I even need to know what some of the settings mean. For my Xbox 360, I have typically used the "Game" setting, and when I watch a movie, the "Cinema" setting is too dark. And, when I watch TV, I've been using my own custom setting, but I'm not sure if my settings are good or not...so I'm looking for some help/guidance.

Thank you...in advance.

settings are preference, it also depends on the viewing conditions. what looks good to me might not look good to you. people that like to watch movies in the dark might have settings that are better for little ambient light. so if you watch movies/tv in a bright room it will be different. I also game on "game setting" and never had a problem.
As far as the hdmi lag, why don't you just try it out? I don't have lag on though my hdmi at all.

you can do a simple calibration with the Disney "WOW" disk. I think I got mine from amazon awhile back for $19.
post #2049 of 2128
I was showing someone a picture of my setup and they said I should move my tv because the magnets in my center speaker will mess up my tv. I have a KEF Q600c under my tv

Untitled by bry1865, on Flickr

If I will have any problems what are some things I could do?
post #2050 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarroll01 View Post

I was showing someone a picture of my setup and they said I should move my tv because the magnets in my center speaker will mess up my tv. I have a KEF Q600c under my tv

Untitled by bry1865, on Flickr

If I will have any problems what are some things I could do?

KEF center speakers are magnetically shielded and therefore you should not really have any issue. SJ
post #2051 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Any professional setting will turn off tru-motion because of what it does to the picture. No professional wants the SOE.

If you want to remove some judder without the SOE, set it to User with dejudder around 2 or 3.
do I have to turn on real cinema with trumotion?
post #2052 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

most people that do reviews, don't use any type of motion interpoloation because of SOE, so they turn it off. Me, personally, i like to set it to user "2".

there are a lot of settings in this thread that people have posted, what works for "lcdtvbuyingguide" might not work for you., because of different viewing conditions.
yeah I tired it with user at 2, looks ok:)
post #2053 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jont189 View Post

It's a 60hz panel.
Do you recommend setting the blu ray player NOT to output 24p then?
post #2054 of 2128
I don't have time to read through all 68 pages of posts but need to know what seems to be the best articulating mount that works with the 55LM 6700? Thanks so much.
post #2055 of 2128
Did no one buy any wall mounts for this tv.
Here is the issue that I have. I have to get a wall mount for this because there was no tv mount with it. Why,? because they lost it somehow. Why not get a different one? Well, because I could not pass up the deal. I got this TV with full warranty plus an extended 3 year no questions asked extended warranty for 1049 bucks. I can't find anything like that anywhere for this quality. So, I really need a mount that has worked well with this tv.
post #2056 of 2128
So I guess I will get this mount. http://www.standsandmounts.com/CrimsonArticulatingWallMount-AU65.aspx
I am sure it will be fine.
post #2057 of 2128
Where do I find when my LG6700 was manufactured? Thanks
post #2058 of 2128
Found it. What do I do if it was manufactured Feb. of 12? Thanks.
post #2059 of 2128
Hi Guys

Anyone care to help....I connected my PS3 to my 47lm6710 LG TV and 1) sometimes I have to re-boot the PS3 because it frezzes and 2) I get a motion blur during gametime.Your help is much appreciated
post #2060 of 2128
Hi there!, I also own a PS3, the freeze problem it's on the PS3, you should check if it's not getting too hot, sometimes that's the cause. The motiov blur may be caused by some reasons, check if you have the trumotion settings Off, if not, use it on 1 or 2 maximum, also, rename the input where you connect the ps3 to "game", it helps a lot with lags issues and other stuff. I hope this is helpul to you.
post #2061 of 2128
Anybody able to mirror screen using widi from laptop or better yet from a smartphone using miracast to this tv? I've had no success .
post #2062 of 2128
Hello my lm6700 has a clicking noise when it is on, the panel is Noise Ratio, the LG technician said the noise was normal. What think you?
post #2063 of 2128
Hello my lm6700 has a clicking noise when it is on, the panel is Noise Ratio, the LG technician said the noise was normal. What think you?
post #2064 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Ochoa View Post

Hi there!, I also own a PS3, the freeze problem it's on the PS3, you should check if it's not getting too hot, sometimes that's the cause. The motiov blur may be caused by some reasons, check if you have the trumotion settings Off, if not, use it on 1 or 2 maximum, also, rename the input where you connect the ps3 to "game", it helps a lot with lags issues and other stuff. I hope this is helpul to you.
you can also rename it to PC
post #2065 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarphd View Post

I got my 47LM6700 ISF-calibrated today through geek squad (it's free instead of $249 if you're a RZ Silver member), I'd be happy to post the report they sent me after if anyone is interested. It has the settings attached although settings differ greatly from screen to screen.
post #2066 of 2128
Thanks for sharing! Are all the settings that require processing set to off?
post #2067 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenfrosts View Post

Thanks for sharing! Are all the settings that require processing set to off?
where are the settings he shared?
post #2068 of 2128
Any word on the latest Firmware update here? I just downloaded and wondered if anyone knows what I actually updated.
post #2069 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarphd View Post

Attached smile.gif fms#17843534.pdf 1030k .pdf file


It honestly looks a little warm to me, but the numbers back it up, so I'll see how I feel in a few days.
post #2070 of 2128
Settings are above, in PDF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012