or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 8

post #211 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 View Post

Didn't Cleveland plasma get a set in for review last friday? ChadB was on his way over for a calibration, and haven't heard anything since.

I'm not sure what happened there, either.
I was looking forward to that.
post #212 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


I don't care what the numbers say , Plasma white is NOT white - it's white with grey tint - every guy who knows spit about Plasma will tell you the same.

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?
post #213 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?

Good one
post #214 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-nice View Post

the correct way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as i prefer." if you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the lcd forum.

Or would you prefer i go get some of the 70/80's nwa wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ mr. Nature boy? :d

lmfao
post #215 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?

D-Nice, good to hear your input on the ST50. It appears some of the 'newer member peanut gallery' is in full force today.
post #216 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

And you are STILL wrong! I will make this very simple....

The 2011 Samsungs were not brighter nor could they "get brighter" than the 2011 Panasonics.

Then you must be saying the opposite is true. One HAS to have higher peak brightness than the other, it's inevitable, be it by 50 cd/m2 or .1 cd/m2
post #217 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


Ha, another common Myth/ Excuse/ Weakness of Plasma

You see that's WHITE - not Dark , or OFF yellow, or tanned tinted white , Panny Plasma's do a terrible TERRIBLE job of reproducing real White, I don't care what your Test kit says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


I don't care what the numbers say , Plasma white is NOT white - it's white with grey tint - every guy who knows spit about Plasma will tell you the same.

Panny Plasma, any make or model G25 etc, will bleed red onto a sheet of Hockey white ice - the screen tints red.

This is undeniable fact; in fact it's science.


So why are you in a Panasonic plasma thread? Go buy the first LED you see and put it in dynamic mode and let the grown ups get back to talking about the ST50.
post #218 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

So why are you in a Panasonic plasma thread? Go buy the first LED you see and put it in dynamic mode and let the grown ups get back to talking about the ST50.

settle down tuff guy
post #219 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.
post #220 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

You've got to be kidding me
post #221 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


settle down tuff guy

It's a serious question. Why are you here? If plasmas don't work for you then why are you in plasma thread? Im not trying to be tough, I'm asking a simple question.
post #222 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

are you for real ? who cares what plasma can show or not etc. - nothing is perfect - it is what it is and its pretty excellent for me -

but really whats the big deal anyway - you have choices - pick which TV best looks good to you - and enjoy it -

you cant be more than what 15 years old ? thats what you sound like - grow up already -
post #223 of 9972
Dnice,

I just returned my Sony nx720 LED becuase when I was watching WWF all of the wrestlers pants and socks had a blue tint!!

Your telling me that if I purchase the ST50 they are going to be tinted red..

Damn looks like I'll have to try a mitsubishi DlP..or just get tickets to wrestle mania XXXXXXXXXXXXIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXIII.

????WTF i want a TV impregnated into my brain so I can see if as I see it right now typing...sorry its blue now because I'm tying on a LCD laptop. Time to go to goodwill and get a CRT to see if its better!!
post #224 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

settle down tuff guy

Please go troll in the LCD forum. You're offering absolutely no worthwhile input in this thread.
post #225 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

I don't care what the numbers say , Plasma white is NOT white - it's white with grey tint - every guy who knows spit about Plasma will tell you the same.

Panny Plasma, any make or model G25 etc, will bleed red onto a sheet of Hockey white ice - the screen tints red.

This is undeniable fact; in fact it's science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

post #226 of 9972
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

I don't know what kind of white stuff you look at in everyday life, but the whites i see on LCD TVs and LED LCD TVs are very abnormal looking and unrealistic - it always seems to have a sort of blue tint to it and is very harsh and unnatural looking. The whites i see on a Plasma on the other hand look a lot more natural and life-like, and more representative of white things that i see in real life.
post #227 of 9972
Considering this thread Some things become readily apparent.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21708256
post #228 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post


Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love

If you really want to be technical, neither plasma nor LCDs show "real world" luminance when it comes to white.

Quote:


it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

NO display can and that includes laser. That is FACT.

BT709 nor SMPTE-C were ever created to show "real world color". Look it up
post #229 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbryanr View Post

Considering this thread Some things become readily apparent.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21708256

LOL WoW. After reading that is he really questioning D-nice.

like Austin Powers said "who throws the shoe REALLY".
post #230 of 9972
this is what Ric Flair does, he brings the best out in people
post #231 of 9972
Randy - like muscle , your eyes have memory & retention.
post #232 of 9972
hey guys. I am looking for an honest opinion. I am considering the gt50 - not pro calibrated or the e8000 calibrated . They are the same price (with in $100) well, I was qouted this from a very reliable dealer we all know. ANYWAY, Which way would you guys go ? What does the 2500 ffd do ? will it make a big difference in pq ? I have an onkyo th-s3300 5.1 surround system if it matters. Also there is a panny 310 blu ray player included with the gt50 (that is definately a big plus) I am really confused and I am no pro for sure, just don't want to be sitting here with buyers remorse later. The vt50 is awesome I am sure but it is out of my $$$ range. thx


god bless
post #233 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbryanr View Post

Considering this thread Some things become readily apparent.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21708256

Holy cow that's funny! Amazing how he became such an expert in a couple weeks!!!
post #234 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 View Post

Didn't Cleveland plasma get a set in for review last friday? ChadB was on his way over for a calibration, and haven't heard anything since.

Chad B is on a calibration tour. I hope he finds the time to post what we found the other day He did say it takes him about 5 hours to write a review.......
post #235 of 9972
Hey D-Nice, before I ask my Q just wanted to say: thanks. obviously you don't have to do all of this and I've learned alot from your posts.

Q: Do you guys (calibrators) ever use things like high-speed cameras or other 'trick' cameras to help evaluate these displays? I can't imagine them being essential but surely they could be somewhat helpful, no?

Thanks again!
post #236 of 9972
This is one bad mother@#$%^^

(Chorus)
My name is D-Nice...
Taking out you suckers and you don't know how I did it

Yo, this is D-Nice and I'm about to drop some funky lyrics on this track I
made up, you know what I'm saying, huh, yea and you don't stop, yo

My name is D-Nice although I hate to admit it
Taking out you suckers and you don't know how I did it
See every episode remains in this mode
Very cool, very calm, there's no sweat in my palm
I just pick up the mic, proceed wit a song
I get right to the point, my competition's not long or short
It's like a sport hanging in the middle
But now if you're puzzled, let me kick the whole riddle
That my name is Derek and if I didn't mention
D-Nice is just a description
It describes the kid on the mic
I'm the TR-808, huh, but just call me D-Nice

Chorus

I start to think, a very big conscious all around me
Who will be the sucker MC to try to doubt me
Is it you, or you, or you, or you, or him
But I'm like a tree and every lyric is a limb
You throw it on the turntable, very unstable
But you gamble because you need that example
There's a 1000 MC's on the planet earth now
What is the word you say to get hers
Some like to explain, some talk educated
Some like McBoo, he's X-rated
I like to think of myself as a pure rebel
A radical thinker on a musical level
'Cause suckers want to stop me and girls want to kiss
Wherever I go, yo, it seems I can't be dis
'Cause my name is D-Nice but all the girls call me Derek
It ran through my crew so I guess I've inherit
The job of explaining and also retaining
The fact D-Nice is remaining
Not a king nor a prince but as a teacher
Wit dopies like this, I know I'm gonna reach ya
So now I don't think you should all despise
This fact D-Nice is on a rise
Straight to the top like a bubble of water
It's a slaughter so I think you oughta
Think realistically, not egotistically
It's suicide if you even think of dissing me
'Cause if you try, I'm a make you wait
To learn the reason I'm the 808, but just call me D-Nice

Chorus

I live in the Bronx by the D and the 4
Writing lyrics, it's addictive, writing more and more and more
About peace, about wars, about whores
Breaking city laws to me become a chore
I wear no jeri curls but I still pull girls
I don't slur my words when I rap 'cause that's wack, huh
But in fact, I do not slack
When I drop the funky, funky lyric on a track
I'm not conceited when I walk the streets
And you can tell by the words that I speak
That I'm not just another brother on the mic
'Cause the females love me and they call me D-Nice

Chorus
post #237 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfr33 View Post

This is one bad mother@#$%^^

(Chorus)
My name is D-Nice...
Taking out you suckers and you don't know how I did it

Yo, this is D-Nice and I'm about to drop some funky lyrics on this track I
made up, you know what I'm saying, huh, yea and you don't stop, yo

My name is D-Nice although I hate to admit it
Taking out you suckers and you don't know how I did it
See every episode remains in this mode
Very cool, very calm, there's no sweat in my palm
I just pick up the mic, proceed wit a song
I get right to the point, my competition's not long or short
It's like a sport hanging in the middle
But now if you're puzzled, let me kick the whole riddle
That my name is Derek and if I didn't mention
D-Nice is just a description
It describes the kid on the mic
I'm the TR-808, huh, but just call me D-Nice

Chorus

I start to think, a very big conscious all around me
Who will be the sucker MC to try to doubt me
Is it you, or you, or you, or you, or him
But I'm like a tree and every lyric is a limb
You throw it on the turntable, very unstable
But you gamble because you need that example
There's a 1000 MC's on the planet earth now
What is the word you say to get hers
Some like to explain, some talk educated
Some like McBoo, he's X-rated
I like to think of myself as a pure rebel
A radical thinker on a musical level
'Cause suckers want to stop me and girls want to kiss
Wherever I go, yo, it seems I can't be dis
'Cause my name is D-Nice but all the girls call me Derek
It ran through my crew so I guess I've inherit
The job of explaining and also retaining
The fact D-Nice is remaining
Not a king nor a prince but as a teacher
Wit dopies like this, I know I'm gonna reach ya
So now I don't think you should all despise
This fact D-Nice is on a rise
Straight to the top like a bubble of water
It's a slaughter so I think you oughta
Think realistically, not egotistically
It's suicide if you even think of dissing me
'Cause if you try, I'm a make you wait
To learn the reason I'm the 808, but just call me D-Nice

Chorus

I live in the Bronx by the D and the 4
Writing lyrics, it's addictive, writing more and more and more
About peace, about wars, about whores
Breaking city laws to me become a chore
I wear no jeri curls but I still pull girls
I don't slur my words when I rap 'cause that's wack, huh
But in fact, I do not slack
When I drop the funky, funky lyric on a track
I'm not conceited when I walk the streets
And you can tell by the words that I speak
That I'm not just another brother on the mic
'Cause the females love me and they call me D-Nice

Chorus

Uhh........ don't give up the day job.
post #238 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_D View Post

Q: Do you guys (calibrators) ever use things like high-speed cameras or other 'trick' cameras to help evaluate these displays?

I don't
post #239 of 9972
d-nice , do you do calibrations in pennsylvania ? I will be getting my tv from robert.
post #240 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 View Post

d-nice , do you do calibrations in pennsylvania ? I will be getting my tv from robert.

Yes, I do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]