Originally Posted by Bond 007
You are confusing CEC with something else. I do not use it. AVR HDMI switching has nothing to do with CEC. CEC is designed to turn things on and off together. Completely unnecessary. Are you talking about "HDMI Standy Switching" or "HDMI Standby Pass Through"? These are necessary.
Denon call it "HDMI Control".
The following is cut from page 95 of UK AVR-3313 owners manual:
"If you connect the unit and an HDMI control function compatible TV or
player with an HDMI cable and then enable the HDMI control function
setting on each device, the devices will be able to control each other.
nnOperations possible by HDMI control
• This unit power off can be linked to the TV power off step.
• You can switch audio output devices with a TV operation.
When you set “Output audio from amp” in the TV audio output
setup operation, you can switch the amp power on.
• You can adjust this unit volume in the TV volume adjustment
• You can switch this unit input sources through linkage to TV
• When playing the player, this unit input source switches to the
source for that player.
• If you switch the input source of the unit to “TV AUDIO”, you
can play TV audio with this unit (vpage 9 “About ARC
(Audio Return Channel) function”).
• When “HDMI Control” (vpage 121) in the menu is set to
“On”, signals input to the HDMI input connector are output to
the television or other device connected to the HDMI output
connector, even if the power of this unit is in standby (passthrough
• To use this unit to play the audio of a TV that does not support
the ARC function, connect the TV with an optical-digital or analog
connection (vpage 9).
• To use the pass-through function, connect an HDMI connection
device that is compatible with HDMI control."
Setup offers separate option of input control and power control of selected device. I've not enabled power control, just HDMI switching control.
Harmony One controls power of devices.