or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 4

post #91 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post

The website specs say the HDMI inputs are on the side. What exactly do they mean by side? Surely the cable connections wouldn't be visible from the viewing position, right?

Layout is fairly similar to what Pothog posted.... minus an HDMI + a USB.

From attachement, the panel extends approximately 3 more inches beyond the USB stick that is in USB 1.
LL
post #92 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by domain View Post

Layout is fairly similar to what Pothog posted.... minus an HDMI + a USB.

From attachement, the panel extends approximately 3 more inches beyond the USB stick that is in USB 1.

Thanks Domain. Would it be possible for you to post a few pics of the set for the thread? Maybe even get added to the first post? Not sure if there's been any owners pics yet. At least I haven't seen any yet!

Thanks!
post #93 of 9972
Well, Fry's has the 55 inch ST50 in their weekly ad. Can't tell you the price as that's forbidden but it's not MSRP. I hope to swing by tomorrow after work and check out the picture and bezel to see if I might pick it up.
post #94 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothog View Post

Thanks Domain. Would it be possible for you to post a few pics of the set for the thread? Maybe even get added to the first post? Not sure if there's been any owners pics yet. At least I haven't seen any yet!

Thanks!

Sorry, my camera is producing absolutely terrible pictures right now... the lighting in the room it is sitting in temporarily is not helping either. I'll try to get some better pictures (with a better camera) once I have time to move everything into the theater room.

*Edit* Found one of my other cameras, changed front picture to be a little more clear.
LL
LL
LL
post #95 of 9972
Well, It is finally here. Going to get the competition now from another manufacturer. Here is a quick pic to get everything started. Chad B is in route ! We waited to bring this ST50 in, so we could have another manufacturer to compare the Panasonic too.
.
.

LL
post #96 of 9972
Sweet! Do we get to know what panel it's going up against?
post #97 of 9972
Chris, are you doing a break in first? Things can change during the first hundred or so hours until the panel is somewhat stabilized.
post #98 of 9972
Things will change but at least we can get some initial impressions from a calibrator.
post #99 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothog View Post

They won't. Usually they're on the left 3rd of the set (facing front of panel). Probably 12" or so from the inputs to the edge of the bezel.

Thanks. I certainly wouldn't call those side inputs even though they insert from the side of that raised section. Probably lost something in the translation from Japanese to English.
post #100 of 9972
My Panny 58" 800U is dying and I need a new set. Costco here in the Great White North has the 65" ST30 for $2k. Assuming the best price I will be able to find will be at least $500 more (for at least a few months) is it worth holding out for the ST50? Any advice?

I don't really care about the internet features - just TV, movies and gaming.
post #101 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Wow, no ST50 for sears? Will you guys still carry the GT50? Or is the UT as high as Sears is going this year? If so, that's a bummer...I put up a UT in my store and still prefer the ST30 we have on display...the UT just doesn't look good under bright store lights.

I'm assuming BB will get the UT and ST, maybe a variant of the GT, although at our store the GT31 didn't sell well at all because we have a Magnolia where the GT30 was always significantly cheaper.

There seems to be some confusion so ill clarify. Sears will be offering the ST50 line, it will just not be stocked or displayed in stores. You can still go into any sears store and order the product to the store free or delivered to the home (cost varies) and take advantage of any in store promotions or order the unit from the comfort of your own home off .com.

As for the GT50, im not certain if that will be available in the same fashion as the st50. Last year one of our buyers i keep in touch with said if theres any product that he can get, he'll get it available on our website. So for samsung we offered through their D8000 and for panasonic through the GT30. Last i spoke to him, he was now buying for the kmart division, but i dont know if he bounces back and forth depending on the time of the year. I hope the replacement buyers have the same mentality of .com product availability.

BB will have through the ST50 in store. I was told they will not be getting a bundle product like the GT31 this year. Magnolia will have the GT/VT50.
post #102 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post

New ST50 owners - please check to see if the reported issues of last year's plasma models have been fixed completely.
Like buzzing, floating black level, green/purple blobs, green tinting, motion artifacts, excessive IR, line bleeding, etc.
We are all eager to see if all the issues have been resolved for this year's models.

My st30 has none of those issues. In fact the IR is better than my vt25.

I know these issues existed. But keep in mind that 98% of the people on here are the elite. They in no way represent a normal cross section of the st's out there.
post #103 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by domain View Post

Sorry, my camera is producing absolutely terrible pictures right now... the lighting in the room it is sitting in temporarily is not helping either. I'll try to get some better pictures (with a better camera) once I have time to move everything into the theater room.

*Edit* Found one of my other cameras, changed front picture to be a little more clear.

Thanks Domain. Nice looking set! Definitely a page borrowed from Sammy's design. But that's a good thing IMO!
post #104 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Well, It is finally here. Going to get the competition now from another manufacturer. Here is a quick pic to get everything started. Chad B is in route ! We waited to bring this ST50 in, so we could have another manufacturer to compare the Panasonic too.

Excellent! Can't wait!
post #105 of 9972
Hello Guys
I am planning to buy 46 inch led smart tv and I am confused which brand to buy. Sony, Sharp, Samsung , Toshiba or Lg? Can you guys put some knowlwdge.
post #106 of 9972
So we got one of the first LG 60PM6700 to compare against the TC-P55ST30
post #107 of 9972
Nice Chris, but I think most folks would prefer to see the PM9700 against the ST50. The ST50 is very much like the GT50 and VT50. Same electronics and panel (other than the VT50, which has a slightly darker filter), but the PM6700 is a lower end model.
post #108 of 9972
First, the PM9700 is not out, no one has them as of yet in the US. Second, it would not be fair as the PM9700 is the LG Flagship model. The ST50 and the PM6700 are the medium line, which equals a fair comparison. The PM9700 will face off against the VT50 when they come out as they are both flagship models.
post #109 of 9972
Nice, when will the reviews be posted?
post #110 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post

My st30 has none of those issues. In fact the IR is better than my vt25.

I know these issues existed. But keep in mind that 98% of the people on here are the elite. They in no way represent a normal cross section of the st's out there.

My St30, so far has no issues at all with it. I could not be more happy with it. So far so good and I'm just thankful for the big savings.
post #111 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

So we got one of the first LG 60PM6700 to compare against the TC-P55ST30

Things are heating up. Thank you Chris please keep us updated.
post #112 of 9972
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh11 View Post

Hello Guys
I am planning to buy 46 inch led smart tv and I am confused which brand to buy. Sony, Sharp, Samsung , Toshiba or Lg? Can you guys put some knowlwdge.

This is the wrong forum for your question, try the LCD forum instead:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Do a little reading there first, there is already a bunch of information on the various brands you're interested in.
post #113 of 9972
D-Nice have you watched this weekend some content on the st50, the small fbr from test patterns can be seen in real world content ?
post #114 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblowcls View Post

D-Nice have you watched this weekend some content on the st50, the small fbr from test patterns can be seen in real world content ?

No
post #115 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

No

No meaning NO Fbr or no you didn't watched ?
post #116 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblowcls View Post

D-Nice have you watched this weekend some content on the st50

No
post #117 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by domain View Post

Sorry, my camera is producing absolutely terrible pictures right now... the lighting in the room it is sitting in temporarily is not helping either. I'll try to get some better pictures (with a better camera) once I have time to move everything into the theater room.

*Edit* Found one of my other cameras, changed front picture to be a little more clear.

Can you measure the vertical distance between the bottom of the stand to the edge of the screen?

I have a small center channel and want to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the screen.
post #118 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_M View Post

Can you measure the vertical distance between the bottom of the stand to the edge of the screen?

I have a small center channel and want to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the screen.

This is a 50ST50, I do not know if the measurements will be different for the 55ST50.

From bottom of stand (whatever surface stand is sitting on) to the visible screen is approximately 3 & 3/4 inches. Bezel itself is approximately 1 & 3/4 inches (or just slightly more)
post #119 of 9972
For those who have an ST50 in their house, can you comment on the heat output by the set? Someone on Amazon posted a review saying it seemed to put out a lot more heat than the 30 models which I find hard to believe. Any input would be appreciated.
post #120 of 9972
Its a plasma. It will put out heat. However, it is not excessive and won't "heat the room" unless the room is the size of a closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post

For those who have an ST50 in their house, can you comment on the heat output by the set? Someone on Amazon posted a review saying it seemed to put out a lot more heat than the 30 models which I find hard to believe. Any input would be appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]