or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 322

post #9631 of 9972
Did that issue just start this evening?
post #9632 of 9972
It has never happened before that I know of and Ive had mine for over a year. I dont know when it started. I just checked it when I saw your post. It wasnt like this last night.
post #9633 of 9972
Same here. Must be an issue with Panasonic's servers.
post #9634 of 9972
I guess. But again, when I run the connection test it says that it has no problem connecting to the Viera Connect server.
post #9635 of 9972
Hahaha. Odd. I just got my first Panasonic plasma yesterday, a 60" ST50, and was wondering what was going on at night when I tried going to Netflix and it would start to load then go back to a blue screen...

Bad coincidence.

Love the picture, but I think I need to do some calibration. Right now it's just on the factory cinema setting. Playing bluray of Planet Earth -> Onkyo HT630 -> ST50 I noticed more detail in the dark sections on the not-nearly-as-great LCD monitor that wasn't visible on the plasma. Not sure if it's crushing or brightness or receiver settings, but the WOW disc arrives today.
post #9636 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdsnapBryan View Post

Can someone please confirm if the ST50 can display 4:4:4 chroma? If so what's the settings sweet spot to get this? Using my TV as a PC monitor and that would be great.

I could be wrong but I don't think the ST50 has 1080p pure direct mode as the GT50. This mode enables 4:4:4 signal from PC.
post #9637 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

I could be wrong but I don't think the ST50 has 1080p pure direct mode as the GT50. This mode enables 4:4:4 signal from PC.
You are right that the ST50 does not have 1080p Pure Direct mode.
post #9638 of 9972
ive had my ST50 for about a year now, and ive started to notice really bad line bleed. im also having some series IR issues, with IR that lasts for weeks after having something up for only an hour or so. here is a picture of the line bleed im talking about. it isnt my picture, but it is every bit as bad on my set

:

should i be calling my warranty folks? i bought a warranty with the set from the yellow tag store.... if it is a defect or something, i would like to get it replaced because wow... it really ruins the viewing experience. the IR is infuriating as well.
post #9639 of 9972
It may be difficult to get them to do something but I would be calling.
post #9640 of 9972
Too lazy to search, anyone what settings do you use on game mode? If not game mode what are acceptable settings to game on to get a better look. Plus for viewing I'm too cheap to buy anything extra. What the best settings to use cnet? D nice? Anymore for a 50 st50
post #9641 of 9972
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomess023 View Post

Too lazy to search, anyone what settings do you use on game mode? If not game mode what are acceptable settings to game on to get a better look. Plus for viewing I'm too cheap to buy anything extra. What the best settings to use cnet? D nice? Anymore for a 50 st50

If you're too lazy to search, we're too lazy to accomodate your request. tongue.gif

In the time it took you to type your questions, you could have just searched for game settings and found posts about it. wink.gif




__________________________________________
Edited by RandyWalters - 8/18/13 at 12:34pm
post #9642 of 9972
is there a way to stop the brightness fluctuating on some scenes? gets annoying
post #9643 of 9972
S60 or ST50?? The ST60 is out do to major lag issues. So my main question is what are the major concerns with the ST50? And overall is it worth getting because its similarly priced with the s60. I'm stuck. I would get the VT60 but its a bit pricey for me.
post #9644 of 9972
Are the ST50's the year of the horrible
IR issues?
post #9645 of 9972
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find the answer, I am looking at purchasing the Panasonic TX-P42ST60. This will be my first plasma TV and I'm really excited. But I've yet to find anyone who is using this TV with a HTPC set up. I myself will be using a Mac Mini connected via HDMI but have concerns regarding IR and display resolution. Will I get the correct resolution with HDMI? And with the menu bar at the top of the screen in OS X am I likely to suffer burn in issues? This Mac is solely used for media and music and will eventually be hooked up to an AV Amp, I rarely web browse so when not in use am I ok for a screen saver to kick in every 5 minutes of inactivity? I know this TV is relatively new so maybe that's the reason I can't find any HTPC reviews. So if anyone has this set up or has seen anything in relation to it, please message me! Thanks in advance.
post #9646 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomess023 View Post

Too lazy to search, anyone what settings do you use on game mode? If not game mode what are acceptable settings to game on to get a better look. Plus for viewing I'm too cheap to buy anything extra. What the best settings to use cnet? D nice? Anymore for a 50 st50
I know it sounds strange but I've been using DNice's ST50 settings after you've run the slides but I never ran the slides. Made a few minor tweaks and have had great PQ since I bought it over a year ago. Of course it's my living room display, had my HT plasma ISF calibrated.
post #9647 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasdadry View Post

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find the answer, I am looking at purchasing the Panasonic TX-P42ST60. This will be my first plasma TV and I'm really excited. But I've yet to find anyone who is using this TV with a HTPC set up. I myself will be using a Mac Mini connected via HDMI but have concerns regarding IR and display resolution. Will I get the correct resolution with HDMI? And with the menu bar at the top of the screen in OS X am I likely to suffer burn in issues? This Mac is solely used for media and music and will eventually be hooked up to an AV Amp, I rarely web browse so when not in use am I ok for a screen saver to kick in every 5 minutes of inactivity? I know this TV is relatively new so maybe that's the reason I can't find any HTPC reviews. So if anyone has this set up or has seen anything in relation to it, please message me! Thanks in advance.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/7740#post_23648927

Try posting that in the ST60 thread.
post #9648 of 9972
Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

S60 or ST50?? The ST60 is out do to major lag issues. So my main question is what are the major concerns with the ST50? And overall is it worth getting because its similarly priced with the s60. I'm stuck. I would get the VT60 but its a bit pricey for me.
Any major issues such as line bleed or major IR issues and green blob like the 30 series?? It's either the 60ST50 or 60S60 hopefully the s64 still around my area
post #9649 of 9972
Ok, last night there was a big storm and it sounded like lightning and thunder were right on top of us. We were not watching TV. This morning, the TV was not working - neither the TIVO nor the Blue Ray DVD were registering. Both were hooked up via HDMI.

I took an HDMI cable from another TV and switched it. The other TV worked, but my Panasonic still would not. I moved the HDMI from the TIVO to the unoccupied HDMI 3 port - no success.

The cable hooked directly into the TV worked for the non-HD channels.

I would have tried the component input, but I do not have the adapter for the TV.

I saw online that HDMI on TVs is particularly vulnerable to power surges. I also saw someone else replaced a circuit board that they thought was damaged by lightning.

Thoughts? I could try component inputs, but I would have to switch the cables back and forth because there is just one input. I could also go through a receiver, but I'm not set up for that right now.
post #9650 of 9972
What do you mean "the cable hooked directly into the tv worked for non HD channels"? How could you go through a receiver if none of the HDMI are working?
post #9651 of 9972
I plugged the cable directly into the back of the TV and switched the input to cable/antenna. I got the channels in the single and double digits but when I tried to get the HD channels in the 500's, they did not come up.

Perhaps I did not explain very well. The TV turns on and will go to menu and the internet page, but it won't recognize the HDMI inputs for the TIVO and the Blue Ray.
post #9652 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_kid View Post

I plugged the cable directly into the back of the TV and switched the input to cable/antenna. I got the channels in the single and double digits but when I tried to get the HD channels in the 500's, they did not come up.

Perhaps I did not explain very well. The TV turns on and will go to menu and the internet page, but it won't recognize the HDMI inputs for the TIVO and the Blue Ray.
Thats because the tuner on the tv doesnt go past 99 so theres nothing wrong there. Sounds like the HDMI board is bad. If thats the case then a receiver wont work either.
Try a factory reset. You have nothing to lose.
post #9653 of 9972
If the component input works, then I could plug the receiver into that and the TIVO and Blue Ray into the Receiver. With that setup, at least I would not have to move the component wires back and forth between the TIVO and Blue Ray going into the TV.

I tried the factory reset using the remote with no luck. Is there another way?

Do you have a site where I can look for the HDMI board?
post #9654 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_kid View Post

If the component input works, then I could plug the receiver into that and the TIVO and Blue Ray into the Receiver. With that setup, at least I would not have to move the component wires back and forth between the TIVO and Blue Ray going into the TV.

I tried the factory reset using the remote with no luck. Is there another way?

Do you have a site where I can look for the HDMI board?
Wouldnt you be sacrificing a lot in pq and sq with a component hookup?
Try unplugging it overnight.
I have no idea where you could find an HDMI board. Shouldnt you get it diagnosed to be sure before ordering one?
post #9655 of 9972
I would be sacrificing in PQ and SQ but I need to find a short term and long term solution. The short term solution is to use component (if it works - I need to get the adapter). The long term is to get it fixed or replaced.

I will unplug overnight to see if that works.

To get it diagnosed, I would call a TV repairman?

Thanks
post #9656 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_kid View Post

To get it diagnosed, I would call a TV repairman?

Thanks
Unfortunately, yes. I assume your warranty has expired?
post #9657 of 9972
I'm pretty sure we bought the TV just over a year ago. I think I'm about two weeks over...
post #9658 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_kid View Post

I'm pretty sure we bought the TV just over a year ago. I think I'm about two weeks over...
I would call Panasonic anyway. Be nice and dont mention the bad weather. You dont really know for sure thats what caused it anyway.
post #9659 of 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_kid View Post

I'm pretty sure we bought the TV just over a year ago. I think I'm about two weeks over...
I would call Panasonic anyway. Be nice and dont mention the bad weather. You dont really know for sure thats what caused it anyway.
I agree. It might also be a good time to dig out your receipt. wink.gif
post #9660 of 9972
Any thoughts on what the 3D auto detect should be set on, there is 1 and 2 and can't find any info on the difference. This is my 55" with D-Nice calibration.
Thanks, Jeff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]