ok MAJOR progress this weekend! Carpet was first up, went in easily considering I've never done it before. Came out looking great!
Now progress was being made and I didn't want to stop, so on Sunday my buddy Lawrence came over and we mounted all of the speaker brackets. We temp-mounted the screen to get the spacing right, and they went up pretty well and are solid. After obtaining some longer screws (the threaded insert on the Energy speakers is quite deep inside) I mounted the 5 Energy Micros. I'm torn about speaker covers on or off but I'm leaving them on for now while there is still construction going on.
Of course now that I had the speakers mounted I had to test them - stupidly we had run all of the in-wall wires without testing and because they are running between the lathe/plaster then covered with drywall there would be no way to pull new cable through if it didn't work. With that being said, I broke out the new receiver (which hadn't even been opened yet) and sub, and fired it up!
I'm pleased to say everything worked perfectly and sounds sooo good. I couldn't help myself and hooked up the PJ too (you can actually see it in a couple of the pics above, Vivitek Qumi pico projector). Since I had no other sources I watched video from my iPhone over USB to the receiver...the first 10 minutes of The Avengers. I so happy with the way everything worked and sounded, and I haven't done any speaker configuration yet.
One thing that amazed me, the Qumi is only 300 lumens and during the "proof of concept" testing the room had to be completely dark, no lights on at all. Now even with the new ceiling light burning as bright as it goes (2 x 60w bulbs) the Qumi is still able to produce a very clear and bright image, I guess it's down to the matte black walls everywhere sucking the light out of the room.
One last thing...yes I pulled the PJ back out otherwise I'm never going to get any more work done in that room!