or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar - Page 25

post #721 of 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post

I just got a Sammy UN55F6300 over Black Friday and it pairs perfectly with the refurbished HW-E450C I bought last year. I'm partly surprised from what I have read on this thread and trouble I had with my former TV, but just about everything works as expected. The sound bar and TV are connected via HDMI ARC and I am able to control with the stock TV remote; simultaneous power on/off, volume up/down, mute. Similarly, the sound bar remote can control supported buttons also. The only gripe I have is that the volume number doesn't appear on the TV, does on the soundbar, when changing the volume and only an animation. However, the volume number does show up when the mute button is toggled. If anyone has any questions let me know!

so what settings you running with?

post #722 of 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunOfTheDill View Post
 

so what settings you running with?

 

Here is everything in clearer list form :)

 

HDTV Samsung UN55F6300

  • Stock remote Turns on/off TV and soundbar simultaneously
  • Remote adjust volume up/down/mute (only displays corresponding volume level/# when muted, has an ugly animation for volume control)
  • HDMI ARC (Port 2 in this case)
  • Sound output set to Receiver (I think this changed automatically)
  • Anynet+ On

 

Soundbar HW-E450C

  • Stock remote functions fully with corresponding buttons (TV source, channel, etc)
  • HDMI out, nothing on HDMI in
  • Display says HDMI ARC (I think this setting sticks unless I change manually to another input).
  • Anynet+ On (automatically disables Auto Power altogether)

 

I was first afraid that I would have to get a F450 to get this to work or even upgrade to a F550, but I will probably save some cash until there is a killer feature in a newer model.

 

Question for you all: I disabled all of the other enhancement for the soundbar unless someone has a suggestion for one that is worthwhile.

post #723 of 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
 

 

Here is everything in clearer list form :)

 

HDTV Samsung UN55F6300

  • Stock remote Turns on/off TV and soundbar simultaneously
  • Remote adjust volume up/down/mute (only displays corresponding volume level/# when muted, has an ugly animation for volume control)
  • HDMI ARC (Port 2 in this case)
  • Sound output set to Receiver (I think this changed automatically)
  • Anynet+ On

 

Soundbar HW-E450C

  • Stock remote functions fully with corresponding buttons (TV source, channel, etc)
  • HDMI out, nothing on HDMI in
  • Display says HDMI ARC (I think this setting sticks unless I change manually to another input).
  • Anynet+ On (automatically disables Auto Power altogether)

 

I was first afraid that I would have to get a F450 to get this to work or even upgrade to a F550, but I will probably save some cash until there is a killer feature in a newer model.

 

Question for you all: I disabled all of the other enhancement for the soundbar unless someone has a suggestion for one that is worthwhile.

So right now i'm running 3d sound in Cinema/Movie, can't remember the name, also in cinema/movie mode for sound effect with +5 for the sub.  All the other stuff really isn't worth playing with it seems.

post #724 of 729
I have a UN50F6300 TV and a Sony Soundbar, I know its not the soundbar here, but I have a technical question that will be close enough.


If I hook up my DVR to my TV via HDMI

I hook up the TV to the sound bar via HDMI (ARC) (both devices support it)

I turn on my sound bar and watch a dish channel that is sending 5.1.


Do I get 5.1 sound? Is it supported in this setup? Is it 5.1 or compressed to 2.1?

So far NO ONE has been able to answer this question.
post #725 of 729

Just wanted to add my experience with setting up this bar to work with my setup. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow the flawed samsung manual (both paper ones in the box and the online support).

 

But post 672 in this thread simplified it for me, so I'm pretty much repeating his post, but I think it underlines the point that this works, and the samsung instructions are misleading and just plain wrong!

 

My kit:

  • Samsung 6 series UE46 D6530 WKXXU (ARC capable - googled ARC as I had no idea)
  • Samsung HW-F450
  • Virgin Media TiVo HD
  • PS3 Slim
  • 3 x HDMI cables

 

Setup steps:

  1. Throw away the manual
  2. Connect HDMI from the HW-F450 sound bar's HDMI Out to the TV's HDMI ARC in (port 2 on my TV)
    This is actually going to be the TV's dedicated audio out, as wells as control of the sound bar (auto off and volume)
  3. Connect TiVo to TV via HDMI (port 1 on my TV)
  4. Connect PS3 to TV via HDMI (port 3 on my TV)
  5. Turn everything on.
  6. Enable Anynet+ on my TV, and in the sub options for Anynet+ I set "Auto Turn Off" to Yes, and set "Receiver" to Off (not sure what enabling this would do with my TiVo - anyone?)
  7. I think step 6 changed my TV's audio output setting to External Speakers, but I may have set that manually, regardless, ensure it isn't using TV speakers.
  8. Enable Anynet+ on the sound bar.
  9. Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.
  10. Set my TiVo remote to work with Samsung code (can't remember which, but I did that ages ago).

 

So with that setup, the way it works now is that with everything turned off, if I turn on my TiVo and my TV (using TiVo remote) and the sound bar stays off, but audio comes out of the TV.  Then I turn on the sound bar (either with HW-F450's remote, or on the unit itself) and the sound bar takes over the audio, and the TV mutes.

 

If I switch HDMI inputs to my PS3 (again using the TiVo remote, handy trick) then audio comes out of the sound bar.

 

Finally, I turn off the TV, and the sound bar turns off too.

 

For me, this is the perfect setup, as when the kids turn the TV on in the morning, I don't want the sound bar on!!!  But when we want to watch something with a bit more oomph, we just power on the F450 and it takes over the audio.  And for me this sound bar is spot on for my house.  Loud, crisp, bassy and immersive.  Handles dialog, explosions and music equally well.

 

Spot on Samsung, however you need to re-write your manuals!


Edited by Dabozuk - 1/7/14 at 11:15am
post #726 of 729
Quote:
Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.

That source selection is also used for an optical connection.
post #727 of 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozuk View Post
 

Just wanted to add my experience with setting up this bar to work with my setup. I was tearing my hair out trying to follow the flawed samsung manual (both paper ones in the box and the online support).

 

But post 672 in this thread simplified it for me, so I'm pretty much repeating his post, but I think it underlines the point that this works, and the samsung instructions are misleading and just plain wrong!

 

My kit:

  • Samsung 6 series UE46 D6530 WKXXU (ARC capable - googled ARC as I had no idea)
  • Samsung HW-F450
  • Virgin Media TiVo HD
  • PS3 Slim
  • 3 x HDMI cables

 

Setup steps:

  1. Throw away the manual
  2. Connect HDMI from the HW-F450 sound bar's HDMI Out to the TV's HDMI ARC in (port 2 on my TV)
    This is actually going to be the TV's dedicated audio out, as wells as control of the sound bar (auto off and volume)
  3. Connect TiVo to TV via HDMI (port 1 on my TV)
  4. Connect PS3 to TV via HDMI (port 3 on my TV)
  5. Turn everything on.
  6. Enable Anynet+ on my TV, and in the sub options for Anynet+ I set "Auto Turn Off" to Yes, and set "Receiver" to Off (not sure what enabling this would do with my TiVo - anyone?)
  7. I think step 6 changed my TV's audio output setting to External Speakers, but I may have set that manually, regardless, ensure it isn't using TV speakers.
  8. Enable Anynet+ on the sound bar.
  9. Set sound bar's input to D-In, although this has been renamed to TV ARC... I guess that makes sense.
  10. Set my TiVo remote to work with Samsung code (can't remember which, but I did that ages ago).

 

So with that setup, the way it works now is that with everything turned off, if I turn on my TiVo and my TV (using TiVo remote) and the sound bar stays off, but audio comes out of the TV.  Then I turn on the sound bar (either with HW-F450's remote, or on the unit itself) and the sound bar takes over the audio, and the TV mutes.

 

If I switch HDMI inputs to my PS3 (again using the TiVo remote, handy trick) then audio comes out of the sound bar.

 

Finally, I turn off the TV, and the sound bar turns off too.

 

For me, this is the perfect setup, as when the kids turn the TV on in the morning, I don't want the sound bar on!!!  But when we want to watch something with a bit more oomph, we just power on the F450 and it takes over the audio.  And for me this sound bar is spot on for my house.  Loud, crisp, bassy and immersive.  Handles dialog, explosions and music equally well.

 

Spot on Samsung, however you need to re-write your manuals!

 

Yes they do need to rewrite and say it right in the manuals and firmware update too it said it got a support of the touch update no clue if this fix for the HW-E450C.  As I have 46"F7100 model and a 40"F6400 models TV as I was reading on this forums I have to say thanks to all of you guys for writing this.

I have bought two of these sound bar I should have waited for a tube rays sound bar for 499.99 but that is little to high$. Or gone for something else. I had to buy two of the HW-E450C for 127.99 after it great price till I didn't dig little bit of reading till now.

I wasted two Optical cable. They didn't comes with cables made me little mad. I thought maybe I could turn up and down from the TV with the speaker turned off on the TV setting and able to move the volume up and down from the optical speaker out and when the TV is off and it will go off because of the no signal in 20 min and when I turn the TV back on then the sound bar will kick on because of the optical is turned on and it has it signal. But I guess not. I wish it was simple like make your remote able to connect another Samsung devices like a remote universal remote learning or added on to the remote itself not the TV itself then to the remote. I guess they need a software engineers to understand what needed to add. To bad no Bluetooth to the TV to the sound bar

As I was looking on the TV I have. It sure does got Sound Share and website from Samsung and I saw Sound Share and I should gone after a sound bar that you have and that supported this it just wireless sound devices able to hook up the TV without any cable and does all the functions. Like the F450 but the F450 got a firmware update :( Lucky you Dabozuk  

 

post #728 of 729

Hello- I have recently purchased the Samsung 450 and have hooked up the optical cable. I receive good sound to sound bar however very low volume or performance from woofer.  I am aware of the sound level controller and have it set at +6. Any suggestions. Thanks Bob

post #729 of 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpar View Post

Hello- I have recently purchased the Samsung 450 and have hooked up the optical cable. I receive good sound to sound bar however very low volume or performance from woofer.  I am aware of the sound level controller and have it set at +6. Any suggestions. Thanks Bob

It depends where you placed it in the room, but as for the settings make sure you have smart volume off and DRC on minimum. That should help increase the performance of the subwoofer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Soundbars
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar