or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXEH5000/UNXXEH5050 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXEH5000/UNXXEH5050 Owner's Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 268
By 6000 and 6030 you mean the model numbers like EH5000 right ?
post #212 of 268
The 40eh5000 and 40eh5050 I spied at Sears and Costco today were sporting Sharp X Gen ASV UV2A panels that looked like this...



Nice looking set.
post #213 of 268
Hi all,

I browsed this thread before purchasing my UN32EH5000F from Amazon this week. I thought I would post the images of the labels showing the screen type.

From the box:



From the back of the tv:



From the service menu, accessed by inputting mute, 1, 8, 2, power on

post #214 of 268
I just brought a UN46EH5000 home yesterday and have used the recommended settings from this thread. Thank you!

One question: I can't get to HDMI black level. It's grayed out. The manual says I need to be in "HDMI Mode" in order to access this setting. I'm connected via HDMI from an Oppo 93 BD player. Any idea why I'm not in "HDMI Mode"? A possible setting from the Oppo? Old HDMI cable? The picture looks great, so bits are getting through smile.gif
post #215 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles_s View Post

I just brought a UN46EH5000 home yesterday and have used the recommended settings from this thread. Thank you!
One question: I can't get to HDMI black level. It's grayed out. The manual says I need to be in "HDMI Mode" in order to access this setting. I'm connected via HDMI from an Oppo 93 BD player. Any idea why I'm not in "HDMI Mode"? A possible setting from the Oppo? Old HDMI cable? The picture looks great, so bits are getting through smile.gif

Black level controls whether the TV uses limited range 16-235 or full range 0-256 levels. If your source (Oppo player) is sending a YCbCr signal, the TV grays out the black level setting because it knows its getting a limited range 16-235 signal. If you send it an RGB signal, it will ungrey and let you adjust it.
post #216 of 268
I would like to buy myself a 46inch samsung eh5000, Is there a way to check the panel type without opening the box? Which panel is the best? Thanks in advance.
post #217 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Pavel View Post

I would like to buy myself a 46inch samsung eh5000, Is there a way to check the panel type without opening the box? Which panel is the best? Thanks in advance.

Look at my sig.
post #218 of 268
Thanks. From what I understand Samsung panels are the best. So i just have to look at the version number printed on a sticker on the box which has to start with a T. Am I right?
post #219 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Pavel View Post

Thanks. From what I understand Samsung panels are the best. So i just have to look at the version number printed on a sticker on the box which has to start with a T. Am I right?

Yeah.
post #220 of 268
I am confused on my UN37EH5000, the sticker on the back of the tv and the box reads version ASO1, but when going in the service menu there is a P following 37, 37Pxxxxx, so which panel do I have then?
post #221 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by package39 View Post

I am confused on my UN37EH5000, the sticker on the back of the tv and the box reads version ASO1, but when going in the service menu there is a P following 37, 37Pxxxxx, so which panel do I have then?

Probably Chi Mei, but possibly Auoptronic.
post #222 of 268
How can I find out for sure? because if is chi mei I am returning it indeed.
post #223 of 268
Please read the link that is part of chicolom's signature: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/240#post_22332784

I fyou have not read it yet you may find it to be useful information. If you have already read it: RE-read it; you may find the link provides useful information.
post #224 of 268
Are there differences in the quality between Samsung UN32EH5000 and Samsung UE32EH5000 except the refresh rate ? Are the panels better in UN32EH5000 or is it the same as the european version ?
post #225 of 268
Thinking about buying the UN50EH5000. Is this a good TV or should I get a 47" LG that has an IPS panel (but it is edgelit compared to samsungs backlit)?
post #226 of 268
Anyone have any info on the seemingly new UN39EH5003 ? Seems the only difference is the lack of an anlog audio out (at least for costco canada.
Not sure of the panel types .
post #227 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherds View Post

Anyone have any info on the seemingly new UN39EH5003 ? Seems the only difference is the lack of an anlog audio out (at least for costco canada.
Not sure of the panel types .

Samsung doesn't make 39" panels so that set will use others panels instead (Chi Mei, AU Optronics).
post #228 of 268
Various retailers had the 50EH5000 for $699 over the Black Friday weekend. But don't want to risk motion blur so the 50EH6000 for $799 may be a better choice. Otherwise, the 5000 has very nice pic quality. Any issues with motion blur on the 5000 vs the 6000, and is 60hz inferior to 120hz in this regard?
post #229 of 268
Guys, is the 5000 series 37" set a suitable computer monitor with sub 40ms response times??? Its either that or the Panasonic for more than $100 more, but with an IPS panel.......?
Thanks!
post #230 of 268
Hello,

I bought this tv over the weekend and I noticed there was a firmware upgrade on Samsung site. However, when I try to upgrade, it shows upgrade from 1018 to 1012. Is this right? Should I even make the upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
post #231 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Guys, is the 5000 series 37" set a suitable computer monitor with sub 40ms response times??? Its either that or the Panasonic for more than $100 more, but with an IPS panel.......?
Thanks!

I assume you mean input lag? A 40ms response time would be horrible considering most LCDS have 8ms and under response times. Response time is how fast the pixels themselves transition, with slower response times giving you more smearing and blurring.

Panasonics tend to have pretty low input lag (16ms often), but I would expect the Samsung to be around 33ms.
post #232 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post

Are there differences in the quality between Samsung UN32EH5000 and Samsung UE32EH5000 except the refresh rate ? Are the panels better in UN32EH5000 or is it the same as the european version ?

does someone know this maybe..
post #233 of 268
I also found only a firmware version 2012.3, whereas my 5050 has 2018 (so did not update). Some members have reported a version 2021, but I can't find it. Could anyone help with a link to this firmware version?
Thanks in advance
post #234 of 268
That should be 1018 and 1021. I did find the 1021 firmware on Samsung's British site.
post #235 of 268
My U.S. UN40EH5050FXZA will not accept the British 1021 firmware.
post #236 of 268
hello
I bought tv - 32eh5300

i need Calibration setting

tnx
post #237 of 268
Hi there, i just bought a samsung ue32eh5000k hd led, the lip sync is out on pretty much everything i have tried which is:
freeview
dvds
xbox
xbox apps

This is getting me pretty annoyed as the tv wasnt cheap for me.

I have tried 2 different xbox HDMI cables, a standard xbox hd cable 2 different aerials.

What can i do?
post #238 of 268
There is an SPDIF section and there is a AUDIO DELAY option there.

In the advance menu (with the TV off, on the remote hit [mute] 182 [Power On]

There is a audio delay with a variable from 0 to 150 ms. I believe the default is 20ms
post #239 of 268
Has anyone figured out how to get the UN32EH5000F to activate the "sleep" mode with Windows 7?

I can get it to shut off after 15 minutes with no signal, I can live with that, but it does not "wake" when the video feed is restored.
post #240 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post

Has anyone figured out how to get the UN32EH5000F to activate the "sleep" mode with Windows 7?
I can get it to shut off after 15 minutes with no signal, I can live with that, but it does not "wake" when the video feed is restored.

I'm not aware that it has such a mode. It is a TV, not a monitor, after all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXEH5000/UNXXEH5050 Owner's Thread