or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › does the vt50 have motion interpolation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

does the vt50 have motion interpolation?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
If so what are the settings?

I am going to premtively request posters to not lecture me on the negative aspects of the soap opera effect. I am a fan of it and that is that....i am simply wondering if the vt50s have the motion smoothing feature......my 50G25 had it but it was barely noticable.....i am hoping it is more noticeable in the vt50....if it has it?
post #2 of 18
Yes, it has it.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
What are the settings......on and off or are there more gradients?

Also....where can i get more details about their new processor?
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee View Post

What are the settings......on and off or are there more gradients?

You will have to wait until it is released for this info.

Quote:


Also....where can i get more details about their new processor?

Panasonic's website.
post #5 of 18
I think the UT50 I set up had three settings: Low, Medium, and High, plus off. The 2011 models as far as I know only had on or off. The Motion adjustment on 2010 models (I have the G20) only created new subfields to reduce blur and did not introduce interpolation, I think.
post #6 of 18
Panasonic Plasma Cinema Smoother info:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12172480_tu...ic-plasma.html


2012 panasonic Plasma's



The Motion Interpolation is a bluray (1080p24fps source) smoother so it won't work when watching non 1080p24 stuff.

Panasonic info:
When reproducing images from a 24p film source. VIERA's 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural looking images.
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
thanks to all for the info......


When do the 65vt50s come out?
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee View Post

thanks to all for the info......


When do the 65vt50s come out?

Apparently later this month or april: source.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

Apparently later this month or april: source.

The 65VT50 will not be out next month. Only the 55VT50.
post #10 of 18
Glad I found this thread as I was wondering the same thing (about the ST50 actually). Is this confirmed that this feature is only available while viewing bluray? Is there any type of motion smoothing for other sources?
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

Panasonic Plasma Cinema Smoother info:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12172480_tu...ic-plasma.html


2012 panasonic Plasma's



The Motion Interpolation is a bluray (1080p24fps source) smoother so it won't work when watching non 1080p24 stuff.

Panasonic info:
When reproducing images from a 24p film source. VIERA's 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural looking images.


I've seen it on a UT50 at BB. PDP's are looking more like LED/LCD's now.


Ian
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

Ian

Was this from a blu-ray or the store feed?
post #13 of 18
It's available on all sources and on by default. BB uses coaxial for its store feeds and is weak/medium/high/off is select-able on the TV input. Same for the ST50 I set up, as it was available when I plugged up a BD player to it.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

It's available on all sources and on by default. BB uses coaxial for its store feeds and is weak/medium/high/off is select-able on the TV input. Same for the ST50 I set up, as it was available when I plugged up a BD player to it.

Interesting.

I'll have to visit a BB and check it out as soon as I have time. Is this plasma manufacturer's way of catching consumers eyes on the showroom floor? Surely I am in the minority of people who would enjoy this feature regularly.
post #15 of 18
Checked out the UT50 and ST50 last night at BB. I did not really see a "soap opera effect" when set to strong. I definitely saw some smoothness, but maybe it was just the fact that it was BB's store feed. Still left me wondering how dramatic this effect really is compared to LCD-LED's.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

I think the UT50 I set up had three settings: Low, Medium, and High, plus off. The 2011 models as far as I know only had on or off. The Motion adjustment on 2010 models (I have the G20) only created new subfields to reduce blur and did not introduce interpolation, I think.

The 2011 models had low and high. No medium. The 2012 models have medium.
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post

The 2011 models had low and high. No medium. The 2012 models have medium.


I hear next year they'll also be offering medium rare.


Ian
post #18 of 18
I have the 2012 VT50, it has the off/weak/medium and strong settings, I love it, however i had to turn my 24 hz video setting on the ps3 to OFF for these options to become available during bluray playback
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › does the vt50 have motion interpolation?