or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official 2012 LG PM6700 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2012 LG PM6700 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 10

post #271 of 348
So are there any advanced calibrations settings for this TV out there?
post #272 of 348
I have a calibration scheduled for mid April. He is ISF certified and earns his income from calibrations alone. He has over 20 years of experience and says he has around 25k of equipment. More importantly, his references check out and he was happy to provide some contact info for previous customers.

This is going to run $299.00 + $100.00 for each extra input.

Although no 2 sets are identical, I will post the numbers once he has completed the calibration.
post #273 of 348
Were you able to get the SSG-5100GB to work with this TV? I bought one I haven't receive it yet just wanted to see if there's an alternative 3D glasses for it.
post #274 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzstar View Post

Were you able to get the SSG-5100GB to work with this TV? I bought one I haven't receive it yet just wanted to see if there's an alternative 3D glasses for it.
Will post back my results later for you. The TV has been delivered but I am still at work : (

Update...The glasses sure do work.
Edited by eric3316 - 3/26/13 at 4:03pm
post #275 of 348
thanks for the update.
post #276 of 348
I've had nothing but headaches with the set, cant wait till contract is up in a couple months to go back to a Panasonic
post #277 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufkin View Post

I've had nothing but headaches with the set, cant wait till contract is up in a couple months to go back to a Panasonic
Would be nice if you supplied some detail of the headaches.
post #278 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Would be nice if you supplied some detail of the headaches.
the audio constantly goes out of sync when watching FTA television, not alone, there are others who have experienced it in this thread. the smart tv side of it is very clunky compared to others on market. but biggest issue sync, it seriously messes with your head, I used to have people over every weekend to watch tv/movies, now that doesnt happen because no one can stand it, the tv also compared to my panny gets alot hotter
post #279 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufkin View Post

I've had nothing but headaches with the set, cant wait till contract is up in a couple months to go back to a Panasonic

Contract? Have you updated your software version? Have you contacted LG?
post #280 of 348
Probably not..and what kind of contract does lg require for tv's?..i cant take this seriously..seems the purpose is to bash lg and hail panny..
post #281 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post

Contract? Have you updated your software version? Have you contacted LG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousa86 View Post

Probably not..and what kind of contract does lg require for tv's?..i cant take this seriously..seems the purpose is to bash lg and hail panny..

not a contract through LG, through a rental/ interest free type company here in Australia, and yes tv is latest firmware, like i said only happens on FTA television so unless your using FTA through the tvs inbuilt tuner you wouldnt have a clue what im talking about. if you have read every post in this thread im not the only one to have this issue. so unless your gonna read every post dont chime in and sprout rubbish "seems the purpose is to bash lg and hail panny" i love this television for blurays and gaming, just watching tv is the issue, which is what the tv is used for 90% of the time, so there for it is useless
post #282 of 348
A few days in and I'm loving this 60" set - steal from Newegg - I have the latest update & the color and black response surpass my 2.5 yr old 50" Panny ST50 (which I adore). I love all the Smart features too and the 3D is excellent if you sit a decent distance away so the light doesn't reflect off your cheeks back onto the glasses. I got the Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D glasses which sync perfectly. Played Tumble and Wipeout on the PS3 down a 1.3 HDMI cord and they blew me away. The 2D to 3D is not much better than a novelty and should be avoided.

The THX settings are a tad brownish for my liking so still tweaking. Overall great set and amazed at how much larger 10" looks!
post #283 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels View Post

A few days in and I'm loving this 60" set - steal from Newegg - I have the latest update & the color and black response surpass my 2.5 yr old 50" Panny ST50 (which I adore). I love all the Smart features too and the 3D is excellent if you sit a decent distance away so the light doesn't reflect off your cheeks back onto the glasses. I got the Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D glasses which sync perfectly. Played Tumble and Wipeout on the PS3 down a 1.3 HDMI cord and they blew me away. The 2D to 3D is not much better than a novelty and should be avoided.

The THX settings are a tad brownish for my liking so still tweaking. Overall great set and amazed at how much larger 10" looks!

2.5 yr old ST50? eek.gif
post #284 of 348
proud owner (via newegg deal).


I upgraded from the samsung 60PN5030A or whatever it was.
post #285 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzstar View Post

Were you able to get the SSG-5100GB to work with this TV? I bought one I haven't receive it yet just wanted to see if there's an alternative 3D glasses for it.

i have'nt opened mine but multiple other people say they work.
post #286 of 348
Sorry I mixed up my abbreviations! Panasonic TC-P50S2 2.5 yrs old
post #287 of 348
Anyone see what the newly released patch does and/or installed it? Nothing on the website other than the download.
post #288 of 348
HI..just joined this site after reading some of the postings.
Debating whether to buy this set in 55 inch size (which at a retailer near me is going for $1000...I think that is a decent price???) or a 50inch Panasonic GT5 which they will sell me for $1300 including throwing in a pair of glasses which it normally does not come with. I am confused by the array of sets and specs etc, but have been trying to read info online.
Unfortunately the more I read the less I know it seems!! Yikes!
Anyways any info on this LG 6700 from those with more knowledge would be much appreciated!!
post #289 of 348
Also forgot to ask if there would be major differences in the glare of these two sets mentioned in my above previous posting.
Does anyone know much about the newer Lg models and whether it would be better just to wait for these?? Sorry if these are not appropriate questions for this forum.
THANK-YOU
post #290 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by haykat View Post

HI..just joined this site after reading some of the postings.
Debating whether to buy this set in 55 inch size (which at a retailer near me is going for $1000...I think that is a decent price???) or a 50inch Panasonic GT5 which they will sell me for $1300 including throwing in a pair of glasses which it normally does not come with. I am confused by the array of sets and specs etc, but have been trying to read info online.
Unfortunately the more I read the less I know it seems!! Yikes!
Anyways any info on this LG 6700 from those with more knowledge would be much appreciated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haykat View Post

Also forgot to ask if there would be major differences in the glare of these two sets mentioned in my above previous posting.
Does anyone know much about the newer Lg models and whether it would be better just to wait for these?? Sorry if these are not appropriate questions for this forum.
THANK-YOU
I would probably look at the mid tier Samsung 60" model# PN60F5500. It is selling for $1,199.
post #291 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by haykat View Post

HI..just joined this site after reading some of the postings.
Debating whether to buy this set in 55 inch size (which at a retailer near me is going for $1000...I think that is a decent price???) or a 50inch Panasonic GT5 which they will sell me for $1300 including throwing in a pair of glasses which it normally does not come with. I am confused by the array of sets and specs etc, but have been trying to read info online.
Unfortunately the more I read the less I know it seems!! Yikes!
Anyways any info on this LG 6700 from those with more knowledge would be much appreciated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haykat View Post

Also forgot to ask if there would be major differences in the glare of these two sets mentioned in my above previous posting.
Does anyone know much about the newer Lg models and whether it would be better just to wait for these?? Sorry if these are not appropriate questions for this forum.
THANK-YOU

I think the Inifinite Black technology of Panny gives it a slightly better picture (technically), the GT 50 specs are hard to beat (by any manufacturer). But at some point as the number become very similar it's only numbers.

The Infinite Black technology allows a Panny to have a good picture in bright rooms, but doesn't really address glare. All plasmas suffer from this drawback.

I saw all 3 together (including the Sammy suggested above), and I still choose the LG over the other 2, even with only PQ (picture quality) as the deciding factor. But I prefer a very crisp nearly grainy display, as compared to a more fluid one. With the cost of the LG being less than either the Sammy or Panny, it was a no brainer for me.

For you it could be different.
post #292 of 348
Hello all! I desperately need help before I lose my mind.

I purchased a brand-new 60PM6700 from Newegg as have a lot of us. The set arrived last week and much to my disappointment I couldn't get either of two pair of fully-charged Xpand 105BT glasses to synch with the television. I then tried the Samsung SSG-5100GB and neither of two pair would synch, as well. Finally I tried a pair of fully-charged LG AG-S350 glasses and managed to get them to synch and work for approximately one hour. From that point forward, I could never get any of the glasses to stay paired for more than 3-5 seconds and most of the time they would not pair at all. After three days of pulling my hair out I called Newegg and they agreed to exchange the set for another brand-new one, as LG technical support was inept and didn't even understand that the television required active lens 3D glasses.

Yesterday the new set arrived and the exact same thing is happening. I managed to get the Xpand glasses to synch for approximately two minutes and the LG glasses will occasionally synch for a few seconds, then turn off. Apart from occasionally synching (perhaps one in ten tries) the glasses, regardless of brand, just sit there in pairing mode until they give up and turn off.

In order to try to eliminate variables I have confirmed that this problem exists when I am displaying 3D content both from Blu-Ray and when displaying content from the player's own internal media streamer (click Home, then pick a 3D video to stream), which leads me to conclude that the problem is not with my Blu-Ray player or my HDMI cable from the player to the television. I have tried turning off the wireless G internet in my home, thinking perhaps there was interference with the Bluetooth pairing between the set and the glasses, but that did not help. Additionally, I have connected the Blu-Ray player directly to the television, bypassing the receiver, and have the same result. On both televisions I updated the firmware to the latest version available.

I find it hard to believe that I have received two televisions with the same defect and I likewise find it hard to believe that six pairs of active 3D glasses from three different manufactures are defective. Thus, I conclude that there has to be some other variable up to and including some sort of interference that is breaking the synchronization signal between the television and the glasses.

This is my setup:

LG 60PM6700 television
Pioneer VSX-1021-K receiver connected to HDMI input 1 on television
3.1 speaker setup (Left, Right, Center, and sub)
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray player connected to receiver (also tested connected directly to HDMI input 4 on television)
Oppo DV-970HD DVD/SACD player connected to receiver
AT&T U-Verse Motorola VIP-2250 cable box connected to receiver
Nintendo Wii connected to receiver

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've spent well over two hours on Google trying to find a similar story and I'm coming up empty handed except for a spate of issues people were reporting with 2011 model year Samsung televisions. I really, REALLY like this television and would like to keep it, but I expect it to work 100% as advertised and would like to solve this mystery.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. If I can get an answer anywhere it will be here at AVS.

Thanks!

Matt
post #293 of 348
My guess would be interference from something, although I doubt it would be the Wifi. Have you tried to sync the glasses at different times of the day as perhaps a neighbour or nearby business has something turned on or off at specific times? You said they paired for an hour once which is why I thought of this.

Cordless phones in the house?

Anything blocking the set? Maybe a speaker or somethig covering the sensor?

Are you sure the glasses are fully charged? My 2 pairs of S-350's took a couple of charges to start working properly.

Somewhere in the manual there is a method of resetting the pairing and starting over. Dont remember details but I know I read it somewhere.

Dont discount the outside intereference. At work I use RF and WifI extensively, about 1/4 mile away is a police command/training center (industrial area). the roof looks like something from NASA. At least a few times a week my communications go to **** because they are running exercises or trying out new equipment. Very, very frustrating but there is zero solution in my case.
post #294 of 348
Hey candystore Kid ' have you had the calibration done yet bro?
I'm really hanging out for those settings..
cheers mate
post #295 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadecasa View Post

Hey candystore Kid ' have you had the calibration done yet bro?
I'm really hanging out for those settings..
cheers mate

Nada

He is on Holiday til mid April. I expect him to be back the week of the 15th.

I too am finding it difficult to wait ;-)

Though I have the set as good as I can get it via the WOW disk, I think there is more potential there. I have a fantastic (in my eyes) picture at the moment but I cannot get the 'perfect" flesh tone along with all the other settings. To me, the colour, sharpness of picture, brightness are all spot on, but skin tone looks ever so slightly paler than what I would like. If I go messing around and get the skin tone perfect, I throw something else off. Ive probably spent a good 20 hours fooling around.

Will post everything regarding settings once set is done.

Cheers

Pete
post #296 of 348
Jumping on this thread. Does anyone know what the new update do?
post #297 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadecasa View Post

Hey candystore Kid ' have you had the calibration done yet bro?
I'm really hanging out for those settings..
cheers mate

Well it is now May 01 and the fellow has not contacted me, nor responded to my emails. Shame really because he sounded like a decent guy.

To the poster that asked about the update: I just checked my set and found no update available. I have auto-update turned OFF so either it has not hit Canada yet, or it is not a new update.
post #298 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD View Post

Well it is now May 01 and the fellow has not contacted me, nor responded to my emails. Shame really because he sounded like a decent guy.

To the poster that asked about the update: I just checked my set and found no update available. I have auto-update turned OFF so either it has not hit Canada yet, or it is not a new update.

Would you mind sharing your current settings?

I was really hoping I could try out your professionally calibrated settings frown.gif.

I have seen several posts about "settings vary from set to set, room to room, etc etc", yes this is true, but if your settings look good/better than what i had to me on my tv, then who cares?
post #299 of 348
Also, in case anyone is still wondering, I picked up 2 pairs of the Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D glasses yesterday and I can confirm that these glasses work perfectly with my 60PM6700. I am really surprised at how awesome the 3D looks on this TV, it is way better than I was expecting. So far I have watched the last Harry Potter movie (Part 1) and played about an hour of Black Ops 2 on PS3. Black ops 2 in 3D is ridiculous!
post #300 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by corekneelius View Post

Would you mind sharing your current settings?

I was really hoping I could try out your professionally calibrated settings frown.gif.

I have seen several posts about "settings vary from set to set, room to room, etc etc", yes this is true, but if your settings look good/better than what i had to me on my tv, then who cares?

I will do so when I get a spare hour or so. It takes some time to go through all the menu's, write it down, etc etc.

I'm one of those people that works 7 days a week usually, and when home, am probably logged in remotely to one of my servers. So if I don't post the settings right away, it only because I don't have the time, but I will do it, probably wake up at 3AM one night and get on it ;-)

Cheers

Pete
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official 2012 LG PM6700 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]