or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hating Breitbart  

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Trailer for the documentary about the controversial conservative activist that was still in production when he suddenly passed last week.

post #2 of 23
I saw him on Bill Mahar awhile back.
His plate was full of paranoid conspiracies, smothered in a large pile of poo-poo.

It's unfortunate debate is no longer part of America.
Now public discourse has gasbags like this guy stinkin' up the joint.
post #3 of 23
+1
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It's unfortunate debate is no longer part of America.
Now public discourse has gasbags like this guy stinkin' up the joint.

Irony of that aside, it's always refreshing to have someone stand-up to the ultra PC movement and not sound like another mainstream drone. I don't know much about this man, but since seeing this trailer and reading his Wikipedia page I am interested to find out more at least. Can't say that about 90% of the people talking at us everyday.
post #5 of 23
He promoted and defended heavily edited video "evidence" that appeared to show one thing, ruining lives and careers along the way, when the unedited version showed the exact opposite.

That isn't standing up the ultra PC movement or anything else. It's lying.
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan View Post

He promoted and defended heavily edited video "evidence" that appeared to show one thing, ruining lives and careers along the way, when the unedited version showed the exact opposite.

That isn't standing up the ultra PC movement or anything else. It's lying.

Exactly right.
This guy was a vainglorious d!ckbag, who ultimately couldn't escape his karma...
post #7 of 23
I'll refrain from making any comments and let his own words speak to the kind of person he was.

Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy's memory, tweeting Rest in Chappaquiddick.

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a villain, a big ass motherf@#$er, a duplicitous bastard and a prick. I'll shut my mouth for Carter. That's just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement, wrote Breitbart in one tweet.


http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...nnedy-twitter/
post #8 of 23
3, 2, 1.........
post #9 of 23
Gee, I feel like I've done myself a favor by not knowing a single thing about this guy. All I had to do is not watch TV.
post #10 of 23
Have never heard of this guy, but he was spot on about Ted Kennedy .
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

I'll refrain from making any comments and let his own words speak to the kind of person he was.

Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy's memory, tweeting Rest in Chappaquiddick.

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a villain, a big ass motherf@#$er, a duplicitous bastard and a prick. I'll shut my mouth for Carter. That's just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement, wrote Breitbart in one tweet.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...nnedy-twitter/

Insensitive regarding the timing, sure, but hardly any different or worse than what many liberals say about Republicans that are still living. Hell, rather tame in comparison to some. Plus, not like he was exaggerating all that much.
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Insensitive regarding the timing, sure, but hardly any different or worse than what many liberals say about Republicans that are still living. Hell, rather tame in comparison to some. Plus, not like he was exaggerating all that much.

it's a double standard for sure. libs can spew the nastiest stuff imaginable all day long and never get called out. the second a conservative gets moderately offensive, they're worse than hitler.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I saw him on Bill Mahar awhile back.
His plate was full of paranoid conspiracies, smothered in a large pile of poo-poo.

It's unfortunate debate is no longer part of America.
Now public discourse has gasbags like this guy stinkin' up the joint.

LOL Yeah like the Weiner conspiracy, and the Acorn fiasco........ and you bring up Maher? Pfft, talk about a gasbag!
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound dropouts View Post

Have never heard of this guy, but he was spot on about Ted Kennedy .

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Insensitive regarding the timing, sure, but hardly any different or worse than what many liberals say about Republicans that are still living. Hell, rather tame in comparison to some. Plus, not like he was exaggerating all that much.

As AVS's reigning MVP, you get a pass, sir...


Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

LOL Yeah like the Weiner conspiracy, and the Acorn fiasco........ and you bring up Maher? Pfft, talk about a gasbag!

I would be happy to take this discussion to the next level...
But you know and I know Larry would bring the hammer down.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

Gee, I feel like I've done myself a favor by not knowing a single thing about this guy. All I had to do is not watch TV.

He has several websites, which were his main outlets, though he was a regular on Fox News as well [ a real shocker to the MSPMS drones I'm sure], but in any case learning about a person through the voice if his haters is never a wise thing.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

As AVS's reigning MVP, you get a pass, sir...



I would be happy to take this discussion to the next level...
But you know and I know Larry would bring the hammer down.

There is no need for discussion on this, Breitbart[so was Kennedy and not just Teddy ] was a polarizing figure no doubt, a darling for the right, a villain for the left as simple is that.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

There is no need for discussion on this, Breitbart[so was Kennedy and not just Teddy ] was a polarizing figure no doubt, a darling for the right, a villain for the left as simple is that.

Fair enough...
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

it's a double standard for sure. libs can spew the nastiest stuff imaginable all day long and never get called out. the second a conservative gets moderately offensive, they're worse than hitler.

Oh, really? Like when Bill Maher’s Politically Incorrect was taken off the air because he was, well, politically incorrect? Or when Phil Donahue was taken off the air because he wasn’t pro war? Or the hatred and boycott of Natalie Manies and the Dixie Chicks? We’ve heard a lot about freedom of speech, but it sure wasn’t an issue when others wanted to stifle these people because they didn’t conform. That ‘liberal media’ sure worked in their favor. And who has been called Hitler and worse over the last three years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

and you bring up Maher? Pfft, talk about a gasbag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

...but in any case learning about a person through the voice if his haters is never a wise thing.
post #20 of 23
This has been open for about 24 hours without being locked. So who says miracles no longer happen?
post #21 of 23
Very clever[not] Seth, much like your opening post with Breitbart on Kennedy, which is how you wanted to people to learn about him didn't you?! Maher is far better known, but no one should learn from me about him, so I stand by my statement. Did Barry give his million back yet?
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

learning about a person through the voice if his haters is never a wise thing

Maybe not wise, but certainly more interesting than the typical approach, since it shows you why someone is hated, thereby exposing the haters. If I was curious about, say, a certain GM chairman, I'd rather watch 'Roger & Me' than some fluff piece about his "accomplishments". Aside from being more entertaining, you learn just as much about Michael Moore as you do Roger Smith, and that context turns out to be quite useful. Even though this film hasn't been released yet, the initial reaction in this thread demonstrates that the filmmakers got at least one thing correct: the title.
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

This has been open for about 24 hours without being locked. So who says miracles no longer happen?

I keep thinking things will change. Most people have learned restraint, others still haven't.
larry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked