or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official LG BP620/520/420/320/220 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG BP620/520/420/320/220 Owners Thread - Page 6

post #151 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by calessi View Post

My assumption is that the 24 hz mode supported by the BP220 is equivalent to the "Cinema Mode", 24 frames per second playback necessary to reduce Blu-ray playback judder. Can anyone confirm this?

I researched the 200 and 220 because I just bought an LG plasma and both support 24hz playback. Cinema Smooth I think. From the manual:

1080p Display Mode
When the resolution is set to 1080p, select
[24 Hz] for smooth presentation of film material
(1080p/24 Hz) with a HDMI-equipped display
compatible with 1080p/24 Hz input.
post #152 of 372
Does BG-620 supports subtitles over DLNA?
Any experience with dlna and subtitles? It probably works with mkv, but what about .avi etc.
post #153 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post

Does BG-620 supports subtitles over DLNA?
Any experience with dlna and subtitles? It probably works with mkv, but what about .avi etc.
Use dnla all the time. No issues with subtitles on files tried so far including mkv and avi
post #154 of 372
Hy Bsoares. ..please...did you find any answer to unlock Bp620c? Thanks!
post #155 of 372
I have a 620. Am getting a new TV next week (yay!). I'm planning on running Blu-Ray player direct through to the TV via HDMI, and that's it. Depending on how the TV speakers sound, might just keep it that way, thereby eliminating my audio receiver and speakers from the mix.

Anyone have any experience with this, via HDMI? if I play an audio CD in the player, it would play via the HDMI through the TV speakers, just like a DVD or Blu-Ray or Netflix or whatever else, correct?

Thanks!
post #156 of 372
Many thanks for info on subtitles. There are plenty of players and TV's (philips) that do not handle subtitles properly.
What about audio playback? Can mp3 disc/usb be played without using menus on TV?
Similar with movies; if there are some movies (ie .avi) on dvd/usb, does it play it automaticaly if I select play or should I went through the menus to start playing?
Many thnaks
post #157 of 372
anyone know what happened to the LG BP720 blu-ray player..... I have a LG LM6700 that uses the magic remote and would like to control the blu-ray player with it.
I currently have the BP620..... and while I can control it with the magic remote.... I would rather be able to "point and click".
Thanks
post #158 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post

Many thanks for info on subtitles. There are plenty of players and TV's (philips) that do not handle subtitles properly.
What about audio playback? Can mp3 disc/usb be played without using menus on TV?
Similar with movies; if there are some movies (ie .avi) on dvd/usb, does it play it automaticaly if I select play or should I went through the menus to start playing?
Many thnaks
all navi is done thru menu on TV. Display on front is not big enough for navigation. As far as I know, only blurays or DVDs auto start when inserted. You can run a photo slide show when listening to music if that helps.
post #159 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBNet View Post

I have a 620. Am getting a new TV next week (yay!). I'm planning on running Blu-Ray player direct through to the TV via HDMI, and that's it. Depending on how the TV speakers sound, might just keep it that way, thereby eliminating my audio receiver and speakers from the mix.
Anyone have any experience with this, via HDMI? if I play an audio CD in the player, it would play via the HDMI through the TV speakers, just like a DVD or Blu-Ray or Netflix or whatever else, correct?
Thanks!
correct. It will pay over TV speakers, but more than likely you will get better sound from separate amp/speakers.
post #160 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefish View Post

correct. It will pay over TV speakers, but more than likely you will get better sound from separate amp/speakers.

Great, thanks for the reply! I'm going to try this route first, and if it sounds "good enough" for our living room, then I'll leave it this way, much cleaner setup for us - we're kinda cramped spacewise. If it sounds like garbage, then I'll have to get a new amp and speakers, but wanting to save space and money. Good to know this will work, at least as a worst-case scenario.
post #161 of 372
Hi

An update on the LG620 playing mkvs - so far the few I have tested have played fine except for Prometheus. The BP620 freezes as Prometheus lands on the alien planet (approx 20 minutes into the film) - this then requires a hard reboot of the player - unplug from mains.

I've reencoded it to mkv using a number of different pieces of software (makemkv, Handbreak etc) and played the mkv from 2 NAS's with different media servers on them.

So, I can only summise that the BP620 is where the problem lies as the mkv plays fine in software based players such as PowerDVD etc.

If anyone has had the same problem and has a solution please let me know.
post #162 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDKYD81 View Post

I was in Best buy last night comparing the BP200/BP220 since they were both $59.99 and aside from the first being wifi and latter being wired, the sales associate told me the BP220 is "faster". I suppose that is a plus considering some blu ray players are kinda slow.

I also compared both models. The 200 was $49.99 at Newegg a couple weeks ago. Finally I bought the 220 for $49.99 from nfm. Although the 200 has WiFi, it has limited apps. I have an access point in my AV station with gigabit ethernet, so I don't need wifi. I think the 220 should be closer to the other x20 series in apps other than the 3D or Wifi functions.
post #163 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcsho View Post

I also compared both models. The 200 was $49.99 at Newegg a couple weeks ago. Finally I bought the 220 for $49.99 from nfm. Although the 200 has WiFi, it has limited apps. I have an access point in my AV station with gigabit ethernet, so I don't need wifi. I think the 220 should be closer to the other x20 series in apps other than the 3D or Wifi functions.

I bought the 220, I haven't used it yet as far as apps go because I haven't hooked up the ethernet. I was told the 220 operates faster than the 200.
post #164 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto1969 View Post

Hi
An update on the LG620 playing mkvs - so far the few I have tested have played fine except for Prometheus. The BP620 freezes as Prometheus lands on the alien planet (approx 20 minutes into the film) - this then requires a hard reboot of the player - unplug from mains.
I've reencoded it to mkv using a number of different pieces of software (makemkv, Handbreak etc) and played the mkv from 2 NAS's with different media servers on them.
So, I can only summise that the BP620 is where the problem lies as the mkv plays fine in software based players such as PowerDVD etc.
If anyone has had the same problem and has a solution please let me know.
While I have had some videos stop playing (mostly because my host pc goes into sleep mode on long movies, but not always the fault of my pc) from time to time, I have always had success playing the file on the next attempt. Coincidentally, I have watched Prometheus via an mkv file and had no issues with that one. Go figure!
post #165 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefish View Post

While I have had some videos stop playing (mostly because my host pc goes into sleep mode on long movies, but not always the fault of my pc) from time to time, I have always had success playing the file on the next attempt. Coincidentally, I have watched Prometheus via an mkv file and had no issues with that one. Go figure!

Thanks for the input. I'm going to do a last test with a friend's version of Prometheus, just in case his Blu Ray disc is a better press than mine. Unlikely, but worth a try.
Do you remember if your mkv has DTS-HD audio or ac3 5.1
post #166 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto1969 View Post

Thanks for the input. I'm going to do a last test with a friend's version of Prometheus, just in case his Blu Ray disc is a better press than mine. Unlikely, but worth a try.
Do you remember if your mkv has DTS-HD audio or ac3 5.1
Sorry I don't recall the codec. Good luck!
post #167 of 372
In answer to my earlier question for anyone who's wondering, just got a 620 and so far it's played everything I've thrown at it - Divx, MKV, Avi, etc from both DVDs and over the network from my computer. Couldn't get Nero Media Home Essentials to work - kept saying it had been stopped whenever I tried to start it. After a while I got tired of frigging with it and downloaded Serviio which worked fine.
post #168 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs View Post

In answer to my earlier question for anyone who's wondering, just got a 620 and so far it's played everything I've thrown at it - Divx, MKV, Avi, etc from both DVDs and over the network from my computer. Couldn't get Nero Media Home Essentials to work - kept saying it had been stopped whenever I tried to start it. After a while I got tired of frigging with it and downloaded Serviio which worked fine.

That's interesting, as all my mkvs are freezing playing them via ethernet or wi-fi - whichever network I use, the specific mkv will freeze at exactly the same point. When I play it directly through my TV (Samsung) via wi-fi or ethernet the mkv plays through without freezing - Have I got a dud player? Also, when playing a Blu Ray disc, the noise due to the carcass vibrating is very load.

Thinking of taking it back tomorrow.....any thoughts?
post #169 of 372
After reading your post I tried a number of Blu-Ray disks. The first one I put in buzzed. None of the others did and when I put the first one in again it didn't either. I haven't played a lot of MKVs but I've had no problem with them yet. Did you update to the newest update? Since I have an ethernet connection I haven't bothered with wi-fi.

I've had a few problems with Serviio not updating the DVDs in a folder, but it seems if I stop the service and restart it, it updates ok.
post #170 of 372
Has anyone figured out which key to press when using Youtube on this family of players how to mark videos as favourites?
post #171 of 372
I just got BP220. After some initial setup issues to make it compatible with my Onkyo receiver and Samsung TV, I got it working.

But I cannot make the YouTube app run. Netflix and Picasa run fine. When I click it, it just keeps spinning and then I have to unplug the powercord to reboot.

Is this a common occurrence? I got this for Netflix and YouTube primarily.

Appreciate the help smile.gif
post #172 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by themogul View Post

I just got BP220. After some initial setup issues to make it compatible with my Onkyo receiver and Samsung TV, I got it working.
But I cannot make the YouTube app run. Netflix and Picasa run fine. When I click it, it just keeps spinning and then I have to unplug the powercord to reboot.
Is this a common occurrence? I got this for Netflix and YouTube primarily.
Appreciate the help smile.gif

Youtube works fine for me. I received the BP220 last week and updated the firmware to BD7.697.00 immediately. Youtube was one of the first thing I tested. As Youtube keep changing their portal, you may need the new firmware to use it. That same thing happened to my other media player too.
post #173 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDKYD81 View Post

I bought the 220, I haven't used it yet as far as apps go because I haven't hooked up the ethernet. I was told the 220 operates faster than the 200.

Yeah. That is what I heard too. BP200 has slower processor and less function but with wifi. I have a gigabit N-extender on my AV shelf that is being shared by my HTPC and PBO core player, so wifi on the BluRay player is not essential to me at all. I like the BP220 so far, although it is a bit slow to start up apps and it does not see all the folders and files from my NAS.
post #174 of 372
These are discrete power HEX codes for LG BP-620 (BP620). Verified and working.

Power on:

0000 006d 0022 0002 00ac 00ac 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040
0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040
0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015
0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015
0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040
0015 0689 00ac 00ac 0015 0689

Power off:

0000 006d 0022 0002 00ac 00ac 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040
0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040
0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040
0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040
0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040
0015 0689 00ac 00ac 0015 0689
post #175 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcsho View Post

Yeah. That is what I heard too. BP200 has slower processor and less function but with wifi. I have a gigabit N-extender on my AV shelf that is being shared by my HTPC and PBO core player, so wifi on the BluRay player is not essential to me at all. I like the BP220 so far, although it is a bit slow to start up apps and it does not see all the folders and files from my NAS.

I have zero issues so far.
post #176 of 372

BP620 & Twonky (running off QNap NAS) - spinning circle when selecting player

Hi.
I have an LG BP620 bluray player. When I select my QNAP TS-210 running Twonky, I just get a spinning wheel.

I have WDTV and a couple of streaming players which work just fine - so the problem is the LG somewhere.

I can get it working, but only if (rather strangely) I rename the Twonky server. This is the only thing that kicks it into life. Next time I use, I get the same issue again

anybody any ideas on this strange issue?

thanks
post #177 of 372
bought bp620 brand new from amazon, when i turn it on all i get is a black screen 80% of the time, have to keep restarting until i get to the menu. Then in bluray playback it would stutter (both video/audio) every couple mins, then eventually goes into a black screen again (the video signal is still active otherwise my tv will display the no signal message). It's just a black screen. Already updated to latest firmware, switched to different hdmi cables.

Is this for real? what a piece of junk.
post #178 of 372
contact Amazon and ask for another device, that's defective and it must have a warranty.
post #179 of 372
My mistake. 620 has no zoom during BD playback.
Edited by Herve - 12/10/12 at 4:21pm
post #180 of 372
Hello all -

Been a long time since I posted.

I picked up a new LG Plasma (non-3d) and I was wondering if anyone thought it would make sense for me to get a new Blu Ray player to go along with it. I'm looking at the LG BP220 (I have a Roku that handles all my "smart" needs). I'd be upgrading from a 2010 Insignia Blu Ray player. It does do film mode (24p) but I'm wondering if mating this TV with a current generation player would yield better results.

Thanks..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official LG BP620/520/420/320/220 Owners Thread