or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Darbee vision darblet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Darbee vision darblet - Page 166

post #4951 of 7863
Fleaman!
Thx. You sold me. I was thinking that that as well!!
post #4952 of 7863
Now I have a quick question. I have three components all HDMI to my televisions.
Cable box
Apple TV
Blu ray player.

So how do I go about this hook up? Do I need an HDMI splitter? Then exactly what connections to what will I make now that the Darby is in the mix.
Again, thx in advance
post #4953 of 7863
you need an HDMI switcher. Cable, AppleTV, BD player go to HDMI switcher, switcher to Darbee, Darbee to TV.
post #4954 of 7863
Thanks David!
post #4955 of 7863
Hi David, just one question. I'm a little bit confused. If all of those sources are going into the splitter then the splitter goes into the Darby and then the Darby into the TV ..isn't there just one connection now from the Darby to the TV. Meaning those three sources are in input one, input two, input three,.
Will all three now be in only one input?
Would this affect my remote control functions?
post #4956 of 7863
switcher, not splitter.

And yes, now you are only using one input into your TV. You can buy an automatic switcher so whichever unit you turn on, the switcher will automatically switches to that input in the switcher and you'll only use one input on your TV.
post #4957 of 7863
Got it!
Thx again David!
post #4958 of 7863
I just pulled the trigger on one tonight after reading the review in Home Theater by Kris Deering. I ordered from Amazon which is fulfilling the order through a seller, I'm a Prime Member and took advantage of Saturday (overnight) delivery. I'll be using the Darblet with my Anthem MRX-500, Oppo BDP-93 BD player and my Panasonic 60GT30. Looking forward to trying this out, hopefully I get one with the newest firmware. I have to start reading this thread to find out some more helpful info. Looking forward to tomorrow!
post #4959 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Another 3D title with picture drop outs for me.frown.gif
Was trying to watch Nemo 3D lastnight and the picture kept dropping out about every 4-5 minutes.
I tried turning the Darbee to off/0% and that didn't help(I did this on Avengers 3D and it stopped the drop outs).
I had to completely remove the Darbee from the signal chain to stop the picture drop outs.
The LED(blue ?) on the Darbee that indicates signal present would go out when this would happen.
I've watched Hugo, A Christmas Carol , Avatar, Polar Express, Captain America, and various other 3D blu-ray titles with no picture drop outs.
I've had no issues when watching standard blu-ray or DVD as well.
One thing common is that Avengers and Nemo are new Disney 3D blu-ray titles.
I still like the Darbee & will continue to use it but it's disappointing to have issue like this.
I will be getting me one of THESE to toggle the Darbee in/out of my HDMI chain to my projector as needed.

Quick question - - I just pulled the trigger on my Darbee Darblet last night. Awaiting delivery from Amazon Prime.

If I do run into problems like you have, can I use my second HDMI "out" from my Pioneer Elite SC-65 receiver to totally bypass the Darbee Darblet and just use another HDMI input from my TV?

I'm hoping that I do not have to do this but wanted to have a backup if I needed it. Thx.
post #4960 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostylou View Post

Now I have a quick question. I have three components all HDMI to my televisions.
Cable box
Apple TV
Blu ray player.
So how do I go about this hook up? Do I need an HDMI splitter? Then exactly what connections to what will I make now that the Darby is in the mix.
Again, thx in advance
You could use an HDMI switcher or get an AV receiver that has switching capabilities.
post #4961 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Quick question - - I just pulled the trigger on my Darbee Darblet last night. Awaiting delivery from Amazon Prime.
If I do run into problems like you have, can I use my second HDMI "out" from my Pioneer Elite SC-65 receiver to totally bypass the Darbee Darblet and just use another HDMI input from my TV?
I'm hoping that I do not have to do this but wanted to have a backup if I needed it. Thx.
Yes.
As long as your 2nd output can be used to map the input devices to that output.
So if the receiver allows you to send/configure the inputs to any of the 2 outputs, you should be good.
post #4962 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Yes.
As long as your 2nd output can be used to map the input devices to that output.
So if the receiver allows you to send/configure the inputs to any of the 2 outputs, you should be good.

Thanks much. I thought so. Just a backup plan in case I run into problems with 3D content and mama is watching a movie with me and then the picture or sound has a problem. She'll goe ballistic....smile.gif
post #4963 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

Thanks for your thoughts. I did calibrate my set with Disney's WOW disc and having my contrast at 100 didn't negatively affect the picture. I believe other 50GT owners have their contrast at 100 also. But I guess I should see if lowering it to 90 or 80 makes a difference with the Darbee.
I think my original question stemmed from the fact that Kung Fu Panda displayed a greater benefit from the Darbee than non-animated films. So I was trying to see if lowering contrast can result in a greater benefit from the Darbee for non-animated films.

Strong suggestion, instead of the WOW Calibration Blu-ray, try the AVS HD 709 Blu-ray, and see if your Contrast and Brightness figures will now come down to a more realistic values!
Colour values, I found were all the same between the S&M, AVS HD 709, and WOW. But neither S&M, nor AVS HD 709, Brightness and Contrast values came anywhere near WOW's values!
Just finished calibrating my set last night with the Lumagen 125 Point, with Darbee inline - my set has never looked so good. The 125 Point takes up the slack to equalize all the weaknesses in the panel, and the Darbee adds just enough punch!
post #4964 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Strong suggestion, instead of the WOW Calibration Blu-ray, try the AVS HD 709 Blu-ray, and see if your Contrast and Brightness figures will now come down to a more realistic values!

That would be here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

post #4965 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Strong suggestion, instead of the WOW Calibration Blu-ray, try the AVS HD 709 Blu-ray, and see if your Contrast and Brightness figures will now come down to a more realistic values!
Colour values, I found were all the same between the S&M, AVS HD 709, and WOW. But neither S&M, nor AVS HD 709, Brightness and Contrast values came anywhere near WOW's values!
Just finished calibrating my set last night with the Lumagen 125 Point, with Darbee inline - my set has never looked so good. The 125 Point takes up the slack to equalize all the weaknesses in the panel, and the Darbee adds just enough punch!

I've just completed a series of autocals as well and was wondering if you found afterword any need to change brightness or contrast?
post #4966 of 7863
Has anyone on this forum used a darblet with a Sony XBR 4? I've been dying to upgrade my panel to a Panny VT50 plasma, but it's out of my price range at this point and am wondering about anyone's experience with the darble and XBR4. Any input is appreciated!
post #4967 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjschaff View Post

I've just completed a series of autocals as well and was wondering if you found afterword any need to change brightness or contrast?

Made the mistake in the past of going back in after calibrating, and re-tweaked the Contrast, Brightness and Colour - not a good idea. Now throws off the calibration.
I originally was doing Colour. After calibration, Colour showed that it need to go down. Re did my calibration. Checked Colour again, and it wanted to go down again.
After Colour was down to 30, I started thinking this wasn't right. So Contrast, Brightness and Colour first, then calibration, then leave the settings alone!
Also, before doing the Contrast, Brightness and Colour, your values should be Zeroed out first for 2 and 10 Point, and CMS.
I leave my Darbee ON for my Calibrations.
post #4968 of 7863
Quote:

Man alive!! DId the price go up! eek.gif
post #4969 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post

Man alive!! DId the price go up! eek.gif

With the exception of Black Friday, that has been the price for several months.
post #4970 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizimes View Post

Has anyone on this forum used a darblet with a Sony XBR 4? I've been dying to upgrade my panel to a Panny VT50 plasma, but it's out of my price range at this point and am wondering about anyone's experience with the darble and XBR4. Any input is appreciated!

I use a Darblet on my XBR4 in my bedroom. No compatibility issues. Nice picture enhancement.
post #4971 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mark View Post

Just a quick update: I was able to watch about 30 min of Nemo 3D and it played perfectly with no blackouts (and looked outstanding).
BTW the main feature was Madagascar which was incredible 3D using the Epson/Darbee combo. Be warned that early in the movie there is a scene where the lights strobe off and on just like a flashing blackout. But its part of the film so don't panic. wink.gif

I watched Madagascar 3 in 3D last night with the Darbee and the picture kept cutting out. It would do it about every 3 minutes. I finally just disconnected the Darbee. What has been the fix for situations like this?
post #4972 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

I watched Madagascar 3 in 3D last night with the Darbee and the picture kept cutting out. It would do it about every 3 minutes. I finally just disconnected the Darbee. What has been the fix for situations like this?
1. Try unplugging the power to the Darbee and power back on.
2. Turn off Deep Color on your blu-ray player.
post #4973 of 7863
No solutions yet for the Magenta flash issue when switching different resolution or frame rate?
It's pain in the *ss to see the flash in the dark especially at the big screen.
post #4974 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebits View Post

No solutions yet for the Magenta flash issue when switching different resolution or frame rate?
It's pain in the *ss to see the flash in the dark especially at the big screen.

Thanks. Will try that.
post #4975 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post


2. Turn off Deep Color on your blu-ray player.

Turn Deep Colour Off can mean 2 different things: #1 The actual Settings Option for Deep Colour = OFF #2 Your setting 4:4:4, should be 4:2:2, or you may find both.
post #4976 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

I watched Madagascar 3 in 3D last night with the Darbee and the picture kept cutting out. It would do it about every 3 minutes. I finally just disconnected the Darbee. What has been the fix for situations like this?
1. Try unplugging the power to the Darbee and power back on.
2. Turn off Deep Color on your blu-ray player.
Also I found that when flashing starts, goto a different input on your projector then back to the input you want.this 're-lock of handshake seems to do the trick

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
post #4977 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Turn Deep Colour Off can mean 2 different things: #1 The actual Settings Option for Deep Colour = OFF #2 Your setting 4:4:4, should be 4:2:2, or you may find both.

Well I turned Deep Color off and it didn't cut out this time. So thanks! I didn't change the 4:4:4 setting. But am I missing anything by having Deep Color off?
post #4978 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

But am I missing anything by having Deep Color off?

We don't have deep colour BluRays so IMHO you're not missing anything, just sending un neccesary extra data down your cables. In many cases switching on deepcolour just adds 'padding' of extra zeros anyway, which won't improve the picture, just increase the data and cause handshaking issues and drop outs. wink.gif
post #4979 of 7863
There needs to be sticky or something about turning off Deep color - not just for use with a Darbee. There can only be either no effect or a downside, there is no upside at this time.
post #4980 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

We don't have deep colour BluRays so IMHO you're not missing anything, just sending un neccesary extra data down your cables. In many cases switching on deepcolour just adds 'padding' of extra zeros anyway, which won't improve the picture, just increase the data and cause handshaking issues and drop outs. wink.gif

Good to hear!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Darbee vision darblet