or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Darbee vision darblet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Darbee vision darblet - Page 188

post #5611 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorar View Post

A question for Darblet users -
I am using Darblet at HD 60% with Epson 5010 projector. When I view 3D material, the picture contrast and sharpness nosedives (this is inherent 3D weakness and can't be helped) and therefore I temporarily tweak-up Darblet levels for 3D. My dilemma here is - whether to set setting at 75-80% HD or just shift to 60% Gaming/Full Pop. What do you recommend?

I have gone through that same thinking. I find either gaming or even full pop at lower levels is better than HD at a very high level, for 3D as needed or even on my smaller LCD set.
post #5612 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

......
I really enjoyed the Darbee effect on my Sony LX900 LCD/LED -- however I ended up replacing my Sony with a new Panasonic Plasma which I am able to calibrate more extensively to the PQ I prefer therefore no need for the Darbee with my Plasma.


I'm surprised some that you don't find an improvement. After having a professional calibration on his Samsung PN64E8000, my neighbor borrowed my Darbee for a night and was sold. I did not have time to get over to actually see the picture but he bought one the next day from Solid Signal. From reading posts and in my experience (I don't have a plasma) the better the actual material and calibration, the better the Darbee does. Obviously if you don't find an improvement, you don't need it.
post #5613 of 7863
I have a pro calibrated plasma and the Darb is essential to me now. And I set it lower than most!
post #5614 of 7863
Quote:
My dilemma here is - whether to set setting at 75-80% HD or just shift to 60% Gaming/Full Pop. What do you recommend?

For my Epson 3010, I just crank the h*ll out of it as necessary to overcome the inherent limit of 3D dimness. smile.gif However, I usually find that a higher percentage is more effective than just choosing the full pop mode. But that's also partly dependent on the quality of the transfer. Cranking up the percentage can overemphasize negatives in the transfer, whereas just going to full pop at my standard percentage (50-60) doesn't make those flaws quite so evident.
post #5615 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

......
I really enjoyed the Darbee effect on my Sony LX900 LCD/LED -- however I ended up replacing my Sony with a new Panasonic Plasma which I am able to calibrate more extensively to the PQ I prefer therefore no need for the Darbee with my Plasma.


I'm surprised some that you don't find an improvement. After having a professional calibration on his Samsung PN64E8000, my neighbor borrowed my Darbee for a night and was sold. I did not have time to get over to actually see the picture but he bought one the next day from Solid Signal. From reading posts and in my experience (I don't have a plasma) the better the actual material and calibration, the better the Darbee does. Obviously if you don't find an improvement, you don't need it.

The Darbee is truly an amazing plug-n-play device that probably adds immediate PQ improvement to most modern TVs. All you have to do is read this forum to hear about all the happy customers. I truly recommend the Darbee based upon my own personal experience connecting the Darbee to my old 2010 Sony XBR LCD/LED.

However, after having replaced the Sony with an arguably reference-level Panasonic Plasma ( my first plasma experience) and then spending a LOT of effort learning how to calibrate the Panasonic Plasma to a PQ that I am very happy with, I reluctantly decided to sell my Darbee simply because I just wasn't using it any longer. So if any of you are thinking about a great deal on a very slightly used Darbee, please see my for sale post by owner here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1460289/darbee-darblet-model-dvp-5000
post #5616 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

The Darbee is truly an amazing plug-n-play device that probably adds immediate PQ improvement to most modern TVs. All you have to do is read this forum to hear about all the happy customers. I truly recommend the Darbee based upon my own personal experience connecting the Darbee to my old 2010 Sony XBR LCD/LED.

However, after having replaced the Sony with an arguably reference-level Panasonic Plasma ( my first plasma experience) and then spending a LOT of effort learning how to calibrate the Panasonic Plasma to a PQ that I am very happy with, I reluctantly decided to sell my Darbee simply because I just wasn't using it any longer. So if any of you are thinking about a great deal on a very slightly used Darbee, please see my for sale post by owner here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1460289/darbee-darblet-model-dvp-5000
Cant imagine you would still not benefit from the Darbee.I have a professionally calibrated(D-Nice)Samsung 8500 and an oppo 83 and using a Darbee has really made the picture pop as compared to without the Darbee.
post #5617 of 7863
I have one on my 9G Kuro which is pro calibrated in isf modes and have no thoughts of removing it.
post #5618 of 7863

I find it curious as well.  In my experience, regardless of how well calibrated a display is, the Darblet improves clarity.  It may be more subtle on some sets than others, but there is still an improvement.  Of course, it is a judgment call as to whether a marginal improvement is worth the cost of the device.

post #5619 of 7863
^^^ Same here. I see a clear improvement in PQ on a isf calibrated 60" Pioneer 141FD Signature Monitor. Considered by many to be the best display ever produced. Among other improvements, blacks are even blacker and deep shadow detail is more discernible, which I wouldn't have thought possible.
post #5620 of 7863
I just connected the Darbee and I can't get the "Darbee 40%" on screen indicator in the lower right hand corner of the screen off? It just stays theer and I can't figure out how to get it off. Please help:o

Thanks,
Tom
post #5621 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post

I just connected the Darbee and I can't get the "Darbee 40%" on screen indicator in the lower right hand corner of the screen off? It just stays theer and I can't figure out how to get it off. Please help:o

Thanks,
Tom

Get some good light and carefully inspect your remote buttons.
post #5622 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Get some good light and carefully inspect your remote buttons.

I tried on off select and checked the menu but still can't see how to turn it off.

Tom
post #5623 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post


I tried on off select and checked the menu but still can't see how to turn it off.

Tom

 

Settings/Logo Properties/Not Persistent

post #5624 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Get some good light and carefully inspect your remote buttons.

If you don't want to help, why being an ass about it?
post #5625 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Settings/Logo Properties/Not Persistent

Thanks so much for the help:)

Tom
post #5626 of 7863
"Get some good light and carefully inspect your remote buttons."
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

If you don't want to help, why being an ass about it?

Wow no kidding....real comedian rolleyes.gif
post #5627 of 7863
I really wished that the Darbee menu had the option to place the Logo Properties at the TOP of the screen.
I've set my projector to automatically push the picture down to the bottom of my PJ Screen for 1:2.35 content but then the darbee logo cannot be seen!!! rolleyes.gif
post #5628 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by avswilier View Post

I really wished that the Darbee menu had the option to place the Logo Properties at the TOP of the screen.
I've set my projector to automatically push the picture down to the bottom of my PJ Screen for 1:2.35 content but then the darbee logo cannot be seen!!! rolleyes.gif

Noted, thank you.

-DD
post #5629 of 7863
I'm having the Darbee logo mysteriously pop up and stay, this happens every 2-3 weeks, randomly.
Happened last night.
I then have to go into the menu and turn it off, that sub-sub menu is buried a few deep.


Random, is this happening to others or just me?
Is there a firmware bug?
My Darbee was bought recently, Nov-2012.

Screen shot of my Darbee info from Nov-2012:
post #5630 of 7863
I have had the same problem maybe 2-3 times over the last several months so its not just you. It will tend to happen when changing sources on my AVR. When it does happen I noticed there will be a longer delay then usual until the Video is displayed. Could the Darbee be resetting itself to default?
post #5631 of 7863

Mike, there have been a number of reports of the Darblet spontaneously reverting to factory default settings.  It has happened to me several times since I purchased my unit a number of months ago.  If this has happened, it is immediately recognizable because the Logo will be back on the screen, the LED's will be on and bright, and the processing will be set to Full Pop 100%.

 

There has never been a good explanation of why this is happening.  Fortunately, it doesn't happen that often, and restoring the desired configuration on the Darblet is simple and quick.

post #5632 of 7863
Spontaneous activation of the Darbee could be caused by a remote's command being on the same frequency for its intended target which happens to also be a Darbee command. Does that make sense?

BTW, did you know that Paul Darbee invented the universal remote?
Edited by elphillips - 2/28/13 at 10:08am
post #5633 of 7863
Paul who?smile.gifsmile.gif I have had,in the past,4 re-sets in one week....seemed to happen only when watching Netflix....I have had an exchange working perfectly for10 days..so who knows?
In talking with Darbee the cause remains a mystery,but they are working on it.
post #5634 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

If you don't want to help, why being an ass about it?

Because it's more meaningful to get someone to help themselves.

Because the same question has been asked many times.

Because sometimes I don't bother with smilies.

Because it's how I roll.
post #5635 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Because it's more meaningful to get someone to help themselves.

Because the same question has been asked many times.

Because sometimes I don't bother with smilies.

Because it's how I roll.

"Get some good light and carefully inspect your remote buttons." was supposed to be "meaningful" in getting someone to help themselves? biggrin.gif Nice try. How you roll? Correct..... David called it....being a bleep about it.
post #5636 of 7863
Just my 2 cents here. I bought the Darbee a week ago just for kicks to see what all the hype was about. I fully expected to be sending it back to amazon for a credit. I have a Sony HW-50 with a Stewart Studio-Tek 1.3 gain 120 inch screen. After living with it now for a week I'm just loving what I see here. I have settled on 30% Full Pop mode.
post #5637 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Mike, there have been a number of reports of the Darblet spontaneously reverting to factory default settings.  It has happened to me several times since I purchased my unit a number of months ago.  If this has happened, it is immediately recognizable because the Logo will be back on the screen, the LED's will be on and bright, and the processing will be set to Full Pop 100%.

There has never been a good explanation of why this is happening.  Fortunately, it doesn't happen that often, and restoring the desired configuration on the Darblet is simple and quick.
Jerry-Overall this is a minor thing, put it in the annoyance category. Logo pops up, I have to get the little plastic remote and dig thru the menus to re-set.
Some software bug is there, hopefully be raising visibility to Dr Darbee it will be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post

Spontaneous activation of the Darbee could be caused by a remote's command being on the same frequency for its intended target which happens to also be a Darbee command. Does that make sense?

BTW, did you know that Paul Darbee invented the universal remote?

Hmm, I understand your thinking.
My Darblet is on top of my projector at the rear of the room, not pointing any IR at it.
When I need to tweak it I need to grap the little plastic remote and specifically point at it from my 2nd row seat.
It's a wonder there is not total chaos in the IR command set among all devices, obviously there is a master set of IR freq codes assigned to manuf. or what you say would be a huge issue in daily life.

For now, I'll just re-post in here when it randomly pops up as data gathering/reporting.
post #5638 of 7863
Darblet reverting to factory settings has happened to me 2-3 till now. All the time, it was spontaneous and not due to pressing of any remote button.
post #5639 of 7863
The five times it's happened to me it was becuase of some HDMI switch in resolution or loss of sync. For instance the Total Recall disc that is a branching title caused it a couple of times when I tried playing it from my media player with the ISO. I needed to play the disc to avoid it. The other times was when there was a reolsution switch or HDCP resync. But with two Darblets, five times is not bad. It has been a rare occurance with the number of hours I've put on my two Darblets.
post #5640 of 7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiew View Post

Just my 2 cents here. I bought the Darbee a week ago just for kicks to see what all the hype was about. I fully expected to be sending it back to amazon for a credit. I have a Sony HW-50 with a Stewart Studio-Tek 1.3 gain 120 inch screen. After living with it now for a week I'm just loving what I see here. I have settled on 30% Full Pop mode.

I think when I first bought mine I had thoughts at least I can return it. It was posters here with more technical knowledge, and posts, that convinced me to try it when they gave it good reviews. I fully expect this technology to be built into TV's at some point.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Darbee vision darblet