Originally Posted by raneil
My first Darblet burned up and I was sent a second one. The second one only worked one night with an HDMI detective and I could not get it to work again no matter what I tried. My money was refunded after I returned the product. I think you can get a lot of the same effect if your using a HTPC and have it in photography mode. I noticed sharpening to the display (VW85) but was not overwhelmed by it. I had my computer in the previously related mode already.
I want to add that since we have started shipping product, we have received (2) Darblets back to our lab for failure reasons.
The first was for a catastrophic failure of an HDMI support chip on the circuit board and the second was for an apparent complete blanking of the firmware/software.
Both cases are unfortunate, and the second case is particularly odd, because:
1) the Darblet boards are delivered with our firmware pre-installed so that the CM can test for video passing during their testing, prior to the Darblets being delivery to us - even if a Darblet slipped completely past our in house testing, it would have DVP code in it and pass video. If the Darblet passes video, our DVP firmware will work as the code will not function separably.
2) we re-flash the Darblets ourselves (with the latest firmware, as we are always in development for efficiency, right up to shipping) and retest with a paired power supply - power or intermittent function should show up
3) the Darblet and power supply have been heat stress/burned in - DOA or problem power supplies and boards would be identified.
4) each Darblet is packed with the remote control that it is tested with.
We are interested to know what "could not get it to work" means. Particularly if it worked at first, then stopped working. I take it to mean that the firmware/software has blanked somehow. We have only the one case of a Darblet being returned in a blank condition and we don't understand how a Darblet would get blanked in the field.
In the case of the returned Darblet that was blanked, a re-flash was quite successful in restoring its function and we are using it without issue in our lab.