or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 350

post #10471 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimptonMike View Post

Yeah I have the voice and motion control turned off, so I have no idea why it keeps happening. Hopefully the update will fix it, if it doesn't then I smell a refund.

Hey Mike, when does your return window expire? There are a few people that have posted on here where they had their sets turn on and off non stop. They ended up needing a board replaced.
post #10472 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Does anyone have a problem with artifacts/halos when using AMP on normal or smooth.. When images pan the screen, it completely fills the image with artifacts when the image moves to fast. i threw in a first person shooter, turned amp to smooth. When looking around quickly it looks awful.

Yes, mine does this is well when I use the "Smooth" setting. The only setting that looks ok on my set is the clear
post #10473 of 16126
I like SOE. I might be the only one here.
post #10474 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needis View Post

I like SOE. I might be the only one here.

I actually like it too. The smoother the better for me. Idk why I like it so much, maybe because its a different look.
post #10475 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Does anyone have a problem with artifacts/halos when using AMP on normal or smooth.. When images pan the screen, it completely fills the image with artifacts when the image moves to fast. i threw in a first person shooter, turned amp to smooth. When looking around quickly it looks awful.

That is why I do not use Standard or Smooth.
post #10476 of 16126
I like SOE:98% of my viewing is with AMP on standard....
post #10477 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

3D is actually better than the 65ES8000..... Only because the level of crosstalk is essentially the same minus the noticeable vertical banding.

The Sony version of the Smart Hub is terrible and hard to navigate compared to the Samsung smart hub. Remote is terrible as well.

Congrats, Cmay! Looks like you landed a good panel this time around. Best of luck with it! I have to say I'm a bit surprised by your assessment of the 3D, though. Perhaps my experience was different because I had the 55" model, but I thought Sony's 3D paled in comparison to the Samsung. Just curious. What glasses are you using?
post #10478 of 16126
I like the smoothing just not the artifacts. Tv seems to have hard time smoothing fast moving images. Its like some of the picture is out of sync with the rest
post #10479 of 16126


See how the bottom is not blurred. It looks real goofy when its in motion. I took a screen shot of the video
post #10480 of 16126
New FM update is available thru tv update. Ver1046
post #10481 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by postroad View Post

New FM update is available thru tv update. Ver1046

Sweet downloading now
post #10482 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by postroad View Post

New FM update is available thru tv update. Ver1046

Yey! About time! Thanks man..
I bet the Engineers read these forums to get feedback from us
post #10483 of 16126
You guys might already know or be aware of this, but the Samsun SmartHub app for Netflix is gross compared to the AppleTV one, in terms of the menus/user experience and the video quality.
I mean light years apart. I will do another test, but my 3 year old son watches BusyTown mysteries all the time, and we usually use AppleTV and its coming through crystal clear, like 1080p clear, which I guess is what the AppleTV supports? But the same app and video on the SmartHub app is just gross...he can't tell but I can. Its like razor sharp vs. blurry.

Is this expected?
post #10484 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchman View Post

Congrats, Cmay! Looks like you landed a good panel this time around. Best of luck with it! I have to say I'm a bit surprised by your assessment of the 3D, though. Perhaps my experience was different because I had the 55" model, but I thought Sony's 3D paled in comparison to the Samsung. Just curious. What glasses are you using?

Using the $20 PS3 glasses and they seem to eliminate the issues people were having with the 250 and 750 glasses. I now have 4 Panasonic and 13 Samsung with no use now since Sony is still using IR glasses.
post #10485 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by postroad View Post

New FM update is available thru tv update. Ver1046
Not yet available on the Samsung website, so who knows what the changelog is. I installed it hoping it would fix an issue with the TV detecting the DLNA server on my HDHomeRun Prime, but unfortunately no such luck. Otherwise, no changes are immediately apparent to me.
post #10486 of 16126
Do these firmware updates have a completion notice? My tv power cycled and that was it
post #10487 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Do these firmware updates have a completion notice? My tv power cycled and that was it

That's normal, but you can check the firmware version of the TV to make sure.
post #10488 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Do these firmware updates have a completion notice? My tv power cycled and that was it

Yea check if it did because when I just updated my 60" it showed it was downloading the update and then my TV shut off and didn't come back on. I then went and updated my 65" and it did the same thing, except this time it came back on, so I went and checked the 60" and it says its still on 1041 so it didn't take the update for some reason. I went back in the settings to update again and it says there are no updates..hmm
post #10489 of 16126
Ok it shows 1046.2
post #10490 of 16126
I want to run the update, but my TV is currently not shutting off and I don't want it to do that in the middle of the update. The good news is that they called today and said the replacement board was in and they wanted to come out and put it in. The bad news is that I was in the office and couldn't get away to have it done. I'm working from home tomorrow and they're coming out to do it.

I attached a video of the TV turning on and off over and over with my support/service ticket to Samsung. When the service guy called yesterday to tell me he got the service request and ordered the parts, he also told me that he saw my TV was on the wall and they won't touch it. He said I have to get it off the wall before they come out. I was going to do that tonight since they're coming out tomorrow morning, but I can't find the damn screws that hold the stand on the TV. I'm just gonna tell whoever shows up that they're gonna have to help me get it off the wall. It's a simple lo-profile mount, so it's not hard to do, but I hope they don't tell me they're not going to help and leave. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
post #10491 of 16126
After more than 40 posts you'd think that user account would have been banned by now...
post #10492 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

I want to run the update, but my TV is currently not shutting off and I don't want it to do that in the middle of the update. The good news is that they called today and said the replacement board was in and they wanted to come out and put it in. The bad news is that I was in the office and couldn't get away to have it done. I'm working from home tomorrow and they're coming out to do it.

I attached a video of the TV turning on and off over and over with my support/service ticket to Samsung. When the service guy called yesterday to tell me he got the service request and ordered the parts, he also told me that he saw my TV was on the wall and they won't touch it. He said I have to get it off the wall before they come out. I was going to do that tonight since they're coming out tomorrow morning, but I can't find the damn screws that hold the stand on the TV. I'm just gonna tell whoever shows up that they're gonna have to help me get it off the wall. It's a simple lo-profile mount, so it's not hard to do, but I hope they don't tell me they're not going to help and leave. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
they will not service the tv on the wall or remove it from a wall. Remove it and leave it face down on a blanket
post #10493 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Yea check if it did because when I just updated my 60" it showed it was downloading the update and then my TV shut off and didn't come back on. I then went and updated my 65" and it did the same thing, except this time it came back on, so I went and checked the 60" and it says its still on 1041 so it didn't take the update for some reason. I went back in the settings to update again and it says there are no updates..hmm

Have you noticed anything different after the upgrade?
post #10494 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

they will not service the tv on the wall or remove it from a wall. Remove it and leave it face down on a blanket

Yeah, I was thinking about pulling it off before calling it a night. I guess I better do that just in case.
post #10495 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Yeah, I was thinking about pulling it off before calling it a night. I guess I better do that just in case.

After all the reports of the panels needing to "settle" in a vertical position after shipment it seems an unnecessary risk to lay it flat. Just pop it back on the stand.
post #10496 of 16126
Installed 1046, still stutters on AMP Custom settings.
post #10497 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman9 View Post

After all the reports of the panels needing to "settle" in a vertical position after shipment it seems an unnecessary risk to lay it flat. Just pop it back on the stand.

That's the problem. I can't find the 6 screws that hold it to the stand or I would. I already got everything ready to do that, but just can't seem to find those dang screws. I guess I could wait to pull it off in the morning. That way it won't be sitting flat for long.
post #10498 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Have you noticed anything different after the upgrade?

Nope.. Nothing that I can see yet anyways.. Although I have heard that after doing an update its good to reset everything. I just don't feel like losing all my settings again. I wish Samsung will just give us the full update like they did in the UK instead of these small updates
post #10499 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Nope.. Nothing that I can see yet anyways.. Although I have heard that after doing an update its good to reset everything. I just don't feel like losing all my settings again. I wish Samsung will just give us the full update like they did in the UK instead of these small updates
whats the full update
post #10500 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

whats the full update

Owners in the UK are up to 2004.1 or something like that. We're only on 1046 now. So I meant it would be nice to get all the way up to that so we don't have to keep resetting every time we update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread