or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 36

post #1051 of 16125
Quick question here, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I know the electronics and panels inside and out, but I've really only mounted 4 panels, and this issue has come up.

I have a tilting wall mount that I'm fairly sure isn't installed to the TV correctly, I would like to know the correct method for installing on a Samsung TV with recessed holes.
The manual for my mounting kit is here
http://downloads.thesource.ca/160/1601902/Manuals/manual.pdf
The confusion that I'm having is, the Samsung manual states that I need to use the Samsung "Holder-Ring" however these don't work alone with the wall mount, and if I use them with the spacers that came with my mount, there's very little securing the TV.

Can I forgo the Samsung Holder-ring and use only the ones for my wall mount as shown in the below pictures?
450
Currently I've got them like this; Screw head, spacer from wall mount, tilt mount bracket, Samsung Holder-ring, TV, in that order, that's the way I was advised to install them by the guy that helped me put the TV on the wall in the first place.
I really feel there should be more than 1/4" holding the TV up.


Thanks everyone in advance.

Matt
post #1052 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose107 View Post

Every since I upgrade my firmware from 1013 I cannot see my Dlink DNS 323 NAS device to stream my movies. And every firmware after 1013 just wont connect to my NAS system. I am now on 1019 and still nothing

This is a known issue in the firmware, it's the reason the PS3media server hasn't been working.
In the firmware, they accidentally added an extra "/"
See here, http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14206
Wait for a firmware fix, or see if you can submit it on d-links side as well.
I would also notify Samsung of the issue, I know many have, but the more of us that do, the faster we'll see a fix.
post #1053 of 16125
Has any ES8000 owner come from owning a Sony HX929? If so can you compare the pros and cons of each. I have the HX929 but just not happy with the way it cleans up a poor cable signal , along with the blooming
post #1054 of 16125
I am seriously considering the soon to be released 65 inch 8000e. I have viewed the 60 inch version in several different stores and what has impressed me the most is how well it appears to handle light in an ambient environment. This is important to me because it will be in a room that has floor to ceiling windows without screens along one entire wall. There is no direct sunlight but a lot of ambient light until dusk each day. My expiring tv was a samsung 65 inch dlp of about 2003 vintage. It had a matte screen and handled light very well, a very good set overall. Could someone please confirm to me that it is not my imagination regarding the 8000es, that it does in fact handle light extremely well notwithstanding what looks to be a fairly reflective screen with the power off. I would add that overall, at least at Modia, the richness of the picture and the hd feeling of depth was better to me than on virtually all the other led's that I have observed, including the new Elite. I recognize (based on at least a few reviews that I have seen) that the Elite will likely outperform with regard to black measurements but to the eye the 8000 was hard to beat. Please advise regarding the ambient light performance, thanks in advance.
post #1055 of 16125
Just got my TV today. It looks a little washed out, what settings should I change? The picture just looks dull.
post #1056 of 16125
Just finished having my panel ISF calibrated.
Panel ID is TS01, can be found on the serial number sticker on the back of the set, or on the box.
Be aware, the goal of ISF is to dial the TV into 6500K which is industry standard, you may feel your set looks at little washed out, if you're used to other blown out settings, try a bluray or other high def movie.

Picture
Picture Mode Movie Standard <-- Currently 7/23/12 Micro-Dimming is not working in Movie Mode.
Backlight 13*** <--- See notes below
Contrast 80
Brightness 45
Sharpness 16
Color 48
Tint G49/R51
Screen Adjustment Screen Fit

Advanced Settings
Dynamic contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh tone 0
RGB mode off
Color Space Custom
Red: 43,0,0
Green: 0,53,0
Blue: 0,0,59
Yellow: 52,52,0
Cyan: 0,51,51
Magenta: 45,0,50
White Balance: on
R-Offset: 27
G-Offset: 25
B-Offset: 24
R-Gain: 5
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 20
10p white balance off
Gamma -1
Expert pattern off
xvYCC off
Motion lighting off
Black enhancer off

Picture Options
Color tone Warm 2
Digital Noise Filter Auto
MPEG Noise Filter Auto
HDMI Black Level Normal*** <--- See notes
Film mode Auto2*** <-- See notes
Auto Motion Plus Standard*** <--- See notes
LED motion plus Off*** <--- See notes

System/ECO Solution
ECO Sensor ON
Minimum backlight level 5

NOTES:

The use of the backlight at setting of 13, relies on the combined use of the ECO sensor, during times when watching in near darkness, it's more likely you'll notice light convergence on the panels with higher backlight settings, but when combined with the ECO sensor, the panel will automatically turn down the backlight level as needed, and raise it back up when you're watching in a bright room.

HDMI Black Level, a common mistake on this setting is that "Low" will give you a full black palette, this is opposite to the truth. Low = 16-255, Normal = 0-255, if you have a STB where you're noticing the blacks are more of a gray, try adjusting this setting, but as a general rule, you want all of your equipment in "Normal" mode and not clipping out any data.

Flim Mode, this option will only become accessible when you're watching interlaced content, 1080i, 480i etc, so, if you're cable box is set to output at 1080, it's likely outputting in 1080i, if you see quite a bit of stuttering in the scene, try and make an adjustment here first.
Auto Motion Plus, Standard is a good rule of thumb, for some people and some sports, you may want to set this to "Clear", it should only be noticeable during panning scenes or fast motion.

LED Motion Plus, Classic CRT TV's had a strobe effect to them, it was generally not noticeable, but would help trick the eye into not seeing flaws in the picture, enabling this setting, will simulate the same effect, it strobes the backlights to attempt to provide the same effect. If you are new to an LED/LCD panel and the movement/motion on the screen irks you a little, try turning this on for a few weeks until you get use to the panel.

Break in, all of these sets have a minimum of 3-4 weeks before they can be considered broken in.

These settings are only provided as a reference.

Also, for reference regarding panel uniformity, please read the link below.
http://asia.cnet.com/is-tv-brightness-uniformity-a-problem-62213336.htm
Keep in mind given the above link, with the correct use of the Backlight settings when combined with the ECO sensor, the large majority of uniformity issues will go away.
Edited by nitra - 7/23/12 at 6:01pm
post #1057 of 16125
Does an ES8000 model can do PIP? I like to use the TV as a monitor or other source and watch cable tv in a PIP window..
Thanks
post #1058 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas123 View Post

Does an ES8000 model can do PIP? I like to use the TV as a monitor or other source and watch cable tv in a PIP window..
Thanks

Yes.
post #1059 of 16125
Thanks...
post #1060 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas123 View Post

Does an ES8000 model can do PIP? I like to use the TV as a monitor or other source and watch cable tv in a PIP window..
Thanks

Check this out carefully. Up until last year, the only source displayable in the PIP window has been the internal TV tuner.
post #1061 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Check this out carefully. Up until last year, the only source displayable in the PIP window has been the internal TV tuner.

This is very much correct, PIP only works for the tuner.
post #1062 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

This is very much correct, PIP only works for the tuner.

not to be going of thread... I don't know what is up with all theses newest smart Tv. I got a LG 47LM7600 and PIP it's not even an option.
I king of like working and watching something together without having to buy a display for each source.
I would thought newest smart TV would offer maybe more that 2 PIP source.. like 3 or 4.
Maybe sony has one that work better
post #1063 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas123 View Post

not to be going of thread... I don't know what is up with all theses newest smart Tv. I got a LG 47LM7600 and PIP it's not even an option.
I king of like working and watching something together without having to buy a display for each source.
I would thought newest smart TV would offer maybe more that 2 PIP source.. like 3 or 4.
Maybe sony has one that work better

They don't, this has been a bone of contention the last couple of years.
post #1064 of 16125
so how is everyone getting along with the voice control on this set? does the voice command allow a user to power on and off the set via voice command, change channel, and increase decrease volume as well? cnet has no reviews up yet. i am looking at replacing my 55d7000 with this set to get the use of gesture and voice controls.
post #1065 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoc59 View Post

Has any ES8000 owner come from owning a Sony HX929? If so can you compare the pros and cons of each. I have the HX929 but just not happy with the way it cleans up a poor cable signal , along with the blooming

You shouldn't expect any device to correct poor signal issues. You need to find out why the signal is bad. How long is the cable drop and what size cable is used. How many outlets / devices do you have? What are the signal levels at the tap, demark, an the TV? I would schedule a service call with a cable professional and fix the problem. You are paying for the service make your provider repair their service. Just beaware the problem may be inside wiring which you would be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement .
post #1066 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkicevic View Post

so how is everyone getting along with the voice control on this set? does the voice command allow a user to power on and off the set via voice command, change channel, and increase decrease volume as well? cnet has no reviews up yet. i am looking at replacing my 55d7000 with this set to get the use of gesture and voice controls.

It works, but to be fair, it's likely much faster to use the remote. After 3 days of playing with said features, I disabled them last night. The motion control requires a fairly bright room to function correctly.
Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4dsqEUFXnA
post #1067 of 16125
Does anyone know how lag for gaming is on this?
post #1068 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post

Does anyone know how lag for gaming is on this?

Measured at 28ms
post #1069 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Measured at 28ms
Do you mind dropping the link to the article that measured it at 28ms? Because almost all the articles I've seen regarding the input lag said it measured at 31-33ms, It isn't really a big deal as I haven't noticed lag while playing in game mode. I just want to compare the articles and determine which is more creditable/ correct. Some reviews where of the UE model so there may be a difference..
Edited by SiL3NCE - 6/10/12 at 10:14pm
post #1070 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL3NCE View Post

Do you mind dropping the link to the article that measured it at 28ms? Because almost all the articles I've seen regarding the input lag said it measured at 31-33ms, It isn't really a big deal as I haven't noticed lag while playing in game mode. I just want to compare the articles and determine which is more creditable/ correct. Some reviews where of the UE model so there may be a difference..

There is no article, after mine was calibrated I measured it. In game mode I saw 28ms, I have a D7000, the ES8000 with game mode off, it runs as fast as the D7000 in game mode, it really is stunning.
post #1071 of 16125
My setup is cable box to Samsung DB to un55es8000 (all with hdmi cables).

Does anybody else have an issue with sound delay, after pressing play the video starts up immediatly but the sound has a 4 second delay. I tried fiddling with the DB sound delay and the tv sound delay but had no success.
post #1072 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

I am seeing a blue outline when a white "something" is up against a colored "something" every now and then on the screen. For example if someone is wearing a white shirt with a colored jacket, where that meets there is a blue outline. Is there any way to fix this? On my old RPTV I could do a convergence and that would fix the problem.
Has anyone else seen this? This is kinda annoying and the trouble I had with the d8k and service calls I would rather not run into that again unless absolutely needed.
post #1073 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

Has anyone else seen this? This is kinda annoying and the trouble I had with the d8k and service calls I would rather not run into that again unless absolutely needed.

I've not seen it, but sounds like something with the algorithms that are at play, there's been a few people notice this with the recent Sony's, if it's a one off, once in a while issue, it's likely software related, these sets are very new, give it some time for them to get the kinks in the firmware worked out.
post #1074 of 16125
Hey guys, Just wanted to say I have been following this thread for some weeks and I originally went out and picked up a 55ES7500 and was just blown away from the picture quality! Two weeks later the ES8000 went on sale for only 300 more than what I paid for the 7500 and I exchanged my 7500 for the 8000. The picture quality on this thing is just nothing short of breathtaking! I have tried some of the calibration settings posted on this thread but I did not like the picture I was seeing. It looked to dull for my taste. I just use the Standard picture setting with some tweaks to the settings and the set looks gorgeous! I am also a big fan of the Eco Sensor, the thing does wonders! I keep my back light at 11 but turn the eco sensor on to bottom out at 3. In pitch dark the colors just pop! I am still playing with the motion plus settings. I have found that for animated movies (like Bolt) I like it on smooth, but for other movies I find smooth to be a little to smooth so I switch it to standard and that seems to have a good balance.
Edited by Gas0linE - 6/12/12 at 6:43am
post #1075 of 16125
I have read through the forums on this TV but nobody has mentioned the issue that I have.Around the extreme edge of the picture immediately next to the besel is what I can best describe as a faint line or crease .If you look at Post 106 Picture 1 on the left hand side you can see what I mean.On many programmes this passes by un-noticed but on plain colour backgrounds especially white a "dirty white" appears at the extreme edges.Look closely at the screen and you can follow this faint line round the whole screen.
Has anyone else noticed this and if so has anyone any idea what causesthis?Changing the picture settings makes no difference.Today I saw five 55"models and three 46" models in various stores and they all had the same issue.I also looked at several side lit LED models from LG,Panasonic and Sony .None of these had this issue.
Samsung maintain that it is clouding but if that is the case then it would be not so clearly defined and around the whole screen.
Charles
post #1076 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles norwich View Post

I have read through the forums on this TV but nobody has mentioned the issue that I have.Around the extreme edge of the picture immediately next to the besel is what I can best describe as a faint line or crease .If you look at Post 106 Picture 1 on the left hand side you can see what I mean.On many programmes this passes by un-noticed but on plain colour backgrounds especially white a "dirty white" appears at the extreme edges.Look closely at the screen and you can follow this faint line round the whole screen.
Has anyone else noticed this and if so has anyone any idea what causesthis?Changing the picture settings makes no difference.Today I saw five 55"models and three 46" models in various stores and they all had the same issue.I also looked at several side lit LED models from LG,Panasonic and Sony .None of these had this issue.
Samsung maintain that it is clouding but if that is the case then it would be not so clearly defined and around the whole screen.
Charles

I noticed that on my 7500. When I got my 8000 I checked for that but didn't notice it at all. It almost looked like one of those over scan lines. It's un-noticeable on my es8000 though.
post #1077 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles norwich View Post

I have read through the forums on this TV but nobody has mentioned the issue that I have.Around the extreme edge of the picture immediately next to the besel is what I can best describe as a faint line or crease .If you look at Post 106 Picture 1 on the left hand side you can see what I mean.On many programmes this passes by un-noticed but on plain colour backgrounds especially white a "dirty white" appears at the extreme edges.Look closely at the screen and you can follow this faint line round the whole screen.
Has anyone else noticed this and if so has anyone any idea what causesthis?Changing the picture settings makes no difference.Today I saw five 55"models and three 46" models in various stores and they all had the same issue.I also looked at several side lit LED models from LG,Panasonic and Sony .None of these had this issue.
Samsung maintain that it is clouding but if that is the case then it would be not so clearly defined and around the whole screen.
Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas0linE View Post

I noticed that on my 7500. When I got my 8000 I checked for that but didn't notice it at all. It almost looked like one of those over scan lines. It's un-noticeable on my es8000 though.

Please read http://asia.cnet.com/is-tv-brightness-uniformity-a-problem-62213336.htm

The "issue" you guys are mentioning is NOT a defect, it is a function of the edge lighting system, it is normal and is to be expected with any set like this.

Also, a note to Charles, you cannot and should not judge a TV in the show room, there's many reasons for that I won't get into, but the TV's as you see them will not be represented like they will when you get them home. Many are hand picked for the job among many other reasons, high power lighting etc. I can assure you, this issue is present on every edge lit set.
post #1078 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Please read http://asia.cnet.com/is-tv-brightness-uniformity-a-problem-62213336.htm
The "issue" you guys are mentioning is NOT a defect, it is a function of the edge lighting system, it is normal and is to be expected with any set like this.
Also, a note to Charles, you cannot and should not judge a TV in the show room, there's many reasons for that I won't get into, but the TV's as you see them will not be represented like they will when you get them home. Many are hand picked for the job among many other reasons, high power lighting etc. I can assure you, this issue is present on every edge lit set.
Thank you for your reply.Having looked on the site you kindly did a link to I do not think that the problem I have is directly connected with the fact that it is a side lit LED TV since this extremely narrow band is on all sides of the screen.To illustrate the point a dark scene will have this extremely narrow band where the picture is slightly lighter than the rest of the image.This will be apparent on any of the screens edges that contain the dark scene,not just the vertical edges where it could be put down to the edge lit LED's being responsible.It is not a patch but a distinct very narrow line immediately next to the trim.Looking at a scene with a bright blue background and you can definately see a feint opaque band going right round the screen.If anyone has a Panasonic blu-ray player then the set up screen will clearly show what I mean.The TV's I experimented with today as I have mentioned all exhibited this issue regardless of picture settings.I think that this is a Samsung problem and not a problem with LED TV's in general since this evening I went to several dealers and saw various side lit LED TV's but only the Samsung ES8000 range had this issue. Interestingly I saw two Samsung mid-priced side lit LED TV's both 46" and they did not have this issue.
Charles
post #1079 of 16125
I'm having a problem with AllShare. It works fine... for 20~30 minutes, then i lost connection to AllShare, and it only solves if a turn off and on the LCD... any ideias?mad.gif
post #1080 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Please read http://asia.cnet.com/is-tv-brightness-uniformity-a-problem-62213336.htm
The "issue" you guys are mentioning is NOT a defect, it is a function of the edge lighting system, it is normal and is to be expected with any set like this.
Also, a note to Charles, you cannot and should not judge a TV in the show room, there's many reasons for that I won't get into, but the TV's as you see them will not be represented like they will when you get them home. Many are hand picked for the job among many other reasons, high power lighting etc. I can assure you, this issue is present on every edge lit set.

Hello nitra,

Now that you have your set, do you have the " v " of light above the logo? By now i'm figuring out all the sets may have it since i received a new set because of this, and this 2nd one has it too, but it came worst, with around 8 stuck/ dirt pixels across the screen, something that is unacceptable.

Now i miss my first set, it had zero dead pixels.
Edited by DarkknightEngel - 6/12/12 at 3:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread