or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 395

post #11821 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

If you have a wife my guess is she won't dig cutting that mantle down a foot. It will eliminate the stylish wings at the top.

I would actually keep the top wing and drop it. drop it like it hot!
post #11822 of 16126
Can you point out where I knocked other people sets? I simply gave my first hand opinion about a topic, which correct me if I'm wrong is the whole point of this forum?

If you think you're set will look better after reseting it after every update feel the need to do so but if you're gonna advise others to do the same at least back it up with evidence.

Also thanks for the thumbs up smile.gif
post #11823 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Can you point out where I knocked other people sets? I simply gave my first hand opinion about a topic, which correct me if I'm wrong is the whole point of this forum?

If you think you're set will look better after reseting it after every update feel the need to do so but if you're gonna advise others to do the same at least back it up with evidence.

Also thanks for the thumbs up smile.gif

please stop hating on us 8000 owners that have this super amazing panel now that we got the super amazing "bladerunner" update!
post #11824 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

I wasn't planning on messing with the calibration meter today when I got home from work, but... it got the best of me and I had to open that damn box! The good news is that the ColorMunki meter is exactly the same as the coveted i1Display3, just a little slower. It's plenty fast for me though. It worked right out of the box with the free HFCR software, which doesn't hold your hand through the process. If you're wanting something that tells you exactly what to do and when to do it, look at Chromapure or CalMAN. I actually like the HCFR software though. I learned a lot about what's going on when calibrating these things. I can also tell why people who use these meters don't want to turn on anything that automatically adjusts stuff. When you get it dialed in you don't want anything messing with it. I don't just mean dialed in to the eye either. I'm talking about a computer telling you in numbers that a certain color or setting is exactly right, why would you want anything to change that?

Anyway, I got through the grey scale setup, which is almost spot on right out of the box in Movie mode, and the primary color set up. The only thing left is the secondary colors and fine tuning the primary colors. 4 hours later and I'm still not finished! If you like tinkering with your TV, get a meter! It's crazy what you can do and read with these things! The only thing that is not set by the meter is brightness. You still use a clipping pattern to do that, but everything else is dialed in carefully with meter readings on the computer.

When I finally finish this thing I'll post my settings for anyone that's interested. Should be sometime tomorrow.

If it's ok with you, can you post your PRE and POST calibration settings when you're done. I just want to know how much you have to change from your orig settings without the meter.
post #11825 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathetik View Post

If it's ok with you, can you post your PRE and POST calibration settings when you're done. I just want to know how much you have to change from your orig settings without the meter.

That's a great idea. Even for him to write them down for himself just to compare. good thinking!

I haven't seen you on here in some time. Do you notice any change from the new update we just got?
post #11826 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

please stop hating on us 8000 owners that have this super amazing panel now that we got the super amazing "bladerunner" update!

LMAO could you please add more fuel to the fire please........
post #11827 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathetik View Post

If it's ok with you, can you post your PRE and POST calibration settings when you're done. I just want to know how much you have to change from your orig settings without the meter.

That's a great idea. Even for him to write them down for himself just to compare. good thinking!

I haven't seen you on here in some time. Do you notice any change from the new update we just got?

+1 I, too am curious about the before and after
post #11828 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Can you get the Samsung wall mount? That's what I have for both sets. It goes on the wall like your hanging a picture.

Here's one of their mounts

http://www.hhgregg.com/samsung-mini-wall-mount-for-samsung-tvs-up-to-65-/item/WMN250M

But amazon has the ones that I have

Here's a great place for racks and furniture for theaters.

http://www.dynamichomedecor.com/Salamander.html

It's my speakers on my mount. My left and right will not extend out far enough to accommodate the 60". I'm short 1" on each side.
post #11829 of 16126
I performed a factory reset on my 55ES8000 after installing 1046, and I saw no difference in picture quality between before the update, after the update, or after the reset. I'm a videophile, I have a keen eye for this kind of thing. Had there been a change in picture quality, I would have noticed. All my settings are the same between now and before the update and after running all of my tests and calibration discs.
post #11830 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

please stop hating on us 8000 owners that have this super amazing panel now that we got the super amazing "bladerunner" update!

It's funny cause I essentially I have the same TV as you except I probably paid 600 dollars less...

Did you name the update "Bladerunner" yourself or is that your Chat Roulette name? smile.gif

Maybe your TV looks so amazing because of your 1970 basement it resides in?

post #11831 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

I performed a factory reset on mine after installing 1046, and I saw no difference in picture quality.

Oh, your the one that has the TV set up where it looks like the new Sony. Yea, that makes sense then.
Shark, you own the 7500, or 8000? Im really sorry that you don't see what most of us are seeing here. The only members so far that seem to have not noticed the difference though, seem to be the owners with the 7500. My guess to that would be because the 8000 has more dimming zones than the 7500
post #11832 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 View Post

1000: separate thread

Sympathetik: separate thread
post #11833 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

It's funny cause I essentially I have the same TV as you except I probably paid 600 dollars less...

Did you name the update "Bladerunner" yourself or is that your Chat Roulette name? smile.gif
Its names Bladerunner because of a member here named Bladerunner who finally did the update and couldn't be any happier now.

also, yea, i paid $600 more, but I have more zones in mine so my blacks are inky blacks compared to the one that is $600 less. Before this update, there was no difference in picture quality between the two. They both looked exactly the same, but not anymore, which is why i now think that the owners of the 8000 are finally seeing a benefit to paying the extra dough
post #11834 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathetik View Post

Sympathetik: separate thread

I'm surprised you want this since its Gt,… who's behind this
post #11835 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

It's funny cause I essentially I have the same TV as you except I probably paid 600 dollars less...

Did you name the update "Bladerunner" yourself or is that your Chat Roulette name? smile.gif

Maybe your TV looks so amazing because of your 1970 basement it resides in?


LOL! 1970s basement! yes, this is my grandparents house. Click on my avatar and you will see my new house being built right now. Its almost finished actually
post #11836 of 16126
As an owner of a ES8000 your post Is full of sarcasm digimat, directed towards Anthony.
post #11837 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

I performed a factory reset on my 55ES8000 after installing 1046, and I saw no difference in picture quality between before the update, after the update, or after the reset. I'm a videophile, I have a keen eye for this kind of thing. Had there been a change in picture quality, I would have noticed. All my settings are the same between now and before the update and after running all of my tests and calibration discs.

maybe because you haven't tried different settings? i own three of these Tvs Shark. When I did the update, I didn't notice anything. It was my grandmother who noticed it first. I hated my TV before this UPdate,. just look on Amazon at my review from March. I gave it a one star because I hated it! Now, I love it! If your a videophile, then you should know what can be done with FW updates. We can ask Kevin Miller what he thinks. Do you know who he is? I have no reason to say theres a major difference from this update other than to be honest to everyone here. also, since you said your a videophile, Im sure you watch my whole families Movies on your TVs.
post #11838 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

I performed a factory reset on my 55ES8000 after installing 1046, and I saw no difference in picture quality between before the update, after the update, or after the reset. I'm a videophile, I have a keen eye for this kind of thing. Had there been a change in picture quality, I would have noticed. All my settings are the same between now and before the update and after running all of my tests and calibration discs.

Finally nice to hear someone with a reputable track of posts on here post about the update. I saw the updated set for myself in person and did not notice a difference.
post #11839 of 16126
[quote name="post road"
url="/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/11820#post_22931874"]As an owner of a ES8000 your post Is full of sarcasm digimat, directed towards Anthony.[/quote]


thanks man! Its ok. stuff like that doesn't bother me
post #11840 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Finally nice to hear someone with a reputable track of posts on here post about the update. I saw the updated set for myself in person and did not notice a difference.

LOL! very funny! You probably own our movies but yet you say "reputable" HAHA!
post #11841 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

LOL! very funny! You probably own our movies but yet you say "reputable" HAHA!

Sorry I didn't understand that - I don't speak crazy.
post #11842 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Sorry I didn't understand that - I don't speak crazy.

Crazy huh? LOL! look in the F8000 thread and you will see crazy
post #11843 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Crazy huh? LOL! look in the F8000 thread and you will see crazy

Could not agree more- you and cmay have been posting about this new update quite a bit in there as well.
post #11844 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Could not agree more- you and cmay have been posting about this new update quite a bit in there as well.

and now you come here to bring the mood down here like you did over there huh?
post #11845 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

and now you come here to bring the mood down here like you did over there huh?

Nope was just adding to someone that has 6k + Posts that he is not alone in seeing no update. You responded to me.
post #11846 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by postroad View Post

As an owner of a ES8000 your post Is full of sarcasm digimat, directed towards Anthony.

If you read anything previous you might have noticed his comment to me about being sad and argumentative and by looking over his previous posts you can clearly tell he likes to push peoples buttons.
post #11847 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Could not agree more- you and cmay have been posting about this new update quite a bit in there as well.

I don't recall mentioning anything about the update. I don't even have an es8000 anymore so couldn't really comment on it if i wanted to. Our debate was about something else. Please don't bring me into an argument in a thread that I'm not involved in currently.
post #11848 of 16126
cmon ladies... Nobody gives a hoot.. about who started what.

take it to the f8000 thread
post #11849 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

I don't recall mentioning anything about the update. I don't even have an es8000 anymore so couldn't really comment on it if i wanted to. Our debate was about something else. Please don't bring me into an argument in a thread that I'm not involved in currently.

See post # 11687 in which you bring me up in a thread I was not involved in at the time.

Game. Set. Match.
post #11850 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

See post # 11687 in which you bring me up in a thread I was not involved in at the time.

Game. Set. Match.

???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread