or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 451

post #13501 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

RE: Bolt989 - - I don't know. Maybe he just moved on to a different thread. I know he had both the Panny Plasma and the Samsung LCD/LED.

RE: Is there anyone here that owns a LED, LCD or Plasma Display that is completely Free of Banding, Flashlighting, SDE, Shimmering, and ETC?

Yes - - Bolt989's "hand picked," "Cherry" VT50 was free from all defects, 100% uniform panel with no dead pixels, spotlighting, bleeding, banding, buzzing, SDE or flashlighting.

Out of the box, pristine. To my knowledge, this is the first time this is ever happened in the Electronics industry. Edison would be proud! smile.gif


lol yup. Come to think of it between Bolt's vt50 and Blade's es8000 you have the two best tvs on earth - certainly shootout worthy biggrin.gif
post #13502 of 16126
Cmay91472, I can swear on , what ever I can swear on, that my 8000 is band free. I watch alot of hockey, and golf, and trust me my friend...if mine had banding I would be venting about it hear....often, and looking for resolution....daily.
post #13503 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

Cmay91472, I can swear on , what ever I can swear on, that my 8000 is band free. I watch alot of hockey, and golf, and trust me my friend...if mine had banding I would be venting about it hear....often, and looking for resolution....daily.

Mine too, I've posted loads of pics up in the past to show this, there definitely are band free ES8's around
post #13504 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post



This has been the issue I've been dealing with for the past few months. My TV is virtually unusable now, and I've had two main board replacements already. I JUST got off the phone with Samsung support, which was escalated to something called ECS or something (Escalated Customer Support?). They agreed to come exchange my TV via the "white glove" service. They had all of my work order information already in their system since I went through the Samsung Support website for all of my warranty service. They had me on hold for a few minutes while they presumably asked some manager person if it was okay to exchange my set given the information, and then they approved it.

They offered to either only replace with the same model, or to replace with a "comparable model." I asked for specifics on the comparable model and she said they evaluate inventory based on specs/features of your TV and then contact you to tell you what they will replace it with. Since we have the highest end model available (in my case for a 55" TV), I imagine the only replacement would be another 55es8000. It's too bad I couldn't wait a few months until the newer model is released, but I just couldn't wait any longer. Since my TV is unusable (if I leave it on for more than 5 minutes it starts rebooting), this is my current setup:


So I just got off the phone with Samsung. They are offering me two options:

1) Full refund, or
2) Exchange my 2012 55es8000 with a 2013 55f7500.

So, I'm not quite sure what to do here. I know the 2013 lineup is going to have a 55" F8000 series TV, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the F8000 and F7500 lineup are. Do any of you guys know? Also, is there any pricing information available for the 2013 models (7500 vs 8000)? Any help is appreciated. I need to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks,
post #13505 of 16126
Maybe ask for F8000 and see how much $ you would have to put toward it
post #13506 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

So I just got off the phone with Samsung. They are offering me two options:

1) Full refund, or
2) Exchange my 2012 55es8000 with a 2013 55f7500.

So, I'm not quite sure what to do here. I know the 2013 lineup is going to have a 55" F8000 series TV, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the F8000 and F7500 lineup are. Do any of you guys know? Also, is there any pricing information available for the 2013 models (7500 vs 8000)? Any help is appreciated. I need to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks,

bplewis, another aspect you might want to consider is the stand. Since you've table mounted yours keep in mind that the unfortunate stand choice of the F series has made the base considerably wider and may not fit on most table top stands that the E series fit on.
post #13507 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

Is there anyone here that owns a LED, LCD or Plasma Display that is completely Free of Banding, Flashlighting, SDE, Shimmering, and ETC.
I have never seen one. I have owned Pioneer Elite Kuro's, Sony XBR LED/LCD's of which I still own one. I also own a Sharp Elite Pro70X5FD none of these are perfect.
I don't think Money can buy a perfect picture by ALL Standards.
I do think judging against the other's, that the owners of these Displays are getting a tremendous Value for what you Pay Versus performance compared to the others that I mentioned, as Long as it Holds Up in the long run.
If it were to degrade in Quality Quickly or have problems that Samsung would not attempt to correct, that would be another story.
IMHO
Glen

Well said Glen.
post #13508 of 16126
I think that if you bought a 8ooo series set. If they want too or you want them too, they should replace it with 8000 series. If it was a Best Buy in House exchange I could see them asking you to pay the difference. I had a Sony XBR Exchanged thru Sony and they replaced it with the current XBR Series. I don't see Samsung wanting to be thought of as lacking in After Sale Customer Care.
post #13509 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Maybe ask for F8000 and see how much $ you would have to put toward it

I actually do plan on inquiring about that tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

bplewis, another aspect you might want to consider is the stand. Since you've table mounted yours keep in mind that the unfortunate stand choice of the F series has made the base considerably wider and may not fit on most table top stands that the E series fit on.

Good point. I just checked my current setup. The TV itself stretches out 4-5 inches outside the width of the table mount. However, the stand still has about 4-5 inches to spare from the last point of contact with the table to the edge. As long as the stand isn't the full width of the TV itself I should be okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

I think that if you bought a 8ooo series set. If they want too or you want them too, they should replace it with 8000 series. If it was a Best Buy in House exchange I could see them asking you to pay the difference. I had a Sony XBR Exchanged thru Sony and they replaced it with the current XBR Series. I don't see Samsung wanting to be thought of as lacking in After Sale Customer Care.

You make a fair point. If they would have said they were replacing it with a 2013 F8000, I would have accepted on the spot. But offering a 7500 threw me off a bit, so I said I'd call them back. The thing is, though, I don't know what leverage I really have. I don't feel like haggling with them to get them to exchange for the F8000 series, so I'd rather just ask for my money back and maybe consider the Sony X950. And honestly, I don't think the girl who I spoke with has the authority to make any of these decisions...she barely knew how to describe some of the features to me and I knew more about the features than she did.
post #13510 of 16126
bplewis, I would check. From what I saw in the pictures the stand is the full width of the tv. I'd be frustrated if I got it home only to have it sticking a few inches off the sides. Someone mentioned it was easier to tip forward than the E series.
post #13511 of 16126
Yikes, judging from the Amazon.com pictures, it is nearly the full width of the TV!
post #13512 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Yikes, judging from the Amazon.com pictures, it is nearly the full width of the TV!

yes, i'm glad you posted your setup pics or I wouldn't have mentioned it. Even the the way it arcs you'd be further ruining the stability of the stand if it extended out 4-5 inches. Makes the Hx950 seem a little cheaper than a moment ago though, huh?! biggrin.gif
post #13513 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

All four of the 60ES8000s I went through displayed minor visible banding on panning shots. It did however have no visible banding on solid colors or backgrounds with the exception of grey scale slides... But nothing even remotely close to the banding on the three 65ES8000s I had.

Here is what I'm curious on. I think 7100/7500/8000 60" all use Sharp's panel (HS01). 65ES8000 and 65ES6500 should also use similar panels. I don't see banding on 7100. So is the banding problem only designed as a feature for ES8000? biggrin.gif
post #13514 of 16126
If it were me I would ask for the 8000 Series and tell them If this was Sony we wouldn't be having a conversation about this. The only conversation we would be having is you telling me when the exchange was going to take place. I tell you this cause it is the truth. Sony's had a Class Action suit or two that they didn't do so well in, and they have found out it's a whole lot easier to do the right thing, than to take that chance again. Ask to talk to a Supervisor or the CR (Customer Retention) Department.
If they don't want to do the exchange. Get your Money Back.
post #13515 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

Here is what I'm curious on. I think 7100/7500/8000 60" all use Sharp's panel (HS01). 65ES8000 and 65ES6500 should also use similar panels. I don't see banding on 7100. So is the banding problem only designed as a feature for ES8000? biggrin.gif

The 65ES8000 use Samsung panels. The 60ES8000 uses a Sharp.
post #13516 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

So I just got off the phone with Samsung. They are offering me two options:

1) Full refund, or
2) Exchange my 2012 55es8000 with a 2013 55f7500.

So, I'm not quite sure what to do here. I know the 2013 lineup is going to have a 55" F8000 series TV, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the F8000 and F7500 lineup are. Do any of you guys know? Also, is there any pricing information available for the 2013 models (7500 vs 8000)? Any help is appreciated. I need to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks,

Since they don't want to replace your TV with the comparable 55" F8000 (the TV they SHOULD be replacing it with!), then a full refund may make the most sense, especially if you bought it back when the price was still high and not deep-discounted like it is now. Worst case scenario, if you decide to go with the F8000, the difference you have to come up with out of pocket to flat out buy a new set, may be less than the Samsung up-charge to "upgrade" to the model they should be giving you in the first place. Good luck and keep us posted.
post #13517 of 16126
Just walked out if best buy and was talking to a kid working in magnolia and calibration was brought up in conversation. . He said if you are a silver status member, call 1800-bestbuy and its free. I was unaware of this, and will be scheduling an appointment for the heck of it. I think it would be interesting to see how close/far my results are to the ones best buy provides. I know best buy isn't the best. . But for free why not? I advise any of you who hold silver status to give them a try.

Edit: TV must be purchased from Best Buy. Thumbs Down

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD - Tapatalk
Edited by Hamenoskili - 3/13/13 at 5:47pm
post #13518 of 16126
Too bad the Sharp Quattron 60" wasn't nearly as nice as the 60" 8000, I could have saved a grand!!! LOL I don't give a sh*t my tv is amazing!!!!

Has anyone seen "the bible" series? It has an amazing picture. Detail that is out of this world...via fios.
post #13519 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

Too bad the Sharp Quattron 60" wasn't nearly as nice as the 60" 8000, I could have saved a grand!!! LOL I don't give a sh*t my tv is amazing!!!!

Has anyone seen "the bible" series? It has an amazing picture. Detail that is out of this world...via fios.

I have FiOS, are you watching this via VOD?
post #13520 of 16126
I have a 60 and 70" sharp quattron 847u. And you're right, the 1000$ isn't worth the compromise in PQ compared to the ES8000. I love my Sammy.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD - Tapatalk
post #13521 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamenoskili View Post

Just walked out if best buy and was talking to a kid working in magnolia and calibration was brought up in conversation. . He said if you are a silver status member, call 1800-bestbuy and its free. I was unaware of this, and will be scheduling an appointment for the heck of it. I think it would be interesting to see how close/far my results are to the ones best buy provides. I know best buy isn't the best. . But for free why not? I advise any of you who hold silver status to give them a try.

Edit: TV must be purchased from Best Buy. Thumbs Down

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD - Tapatalk

I have this set up a month out from the day my TV arrives which is Friday. You get this once a year so use it wisely. This is normally a $250 charge. Can't wait for my tv to arrive I'm hoping I get a rare one that has no banding lol.
post #13522 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

I play FPS on a PS3 and can say input lag is nearly non-existent with all processing off.
Yep. No lag. No worries.
post #13523 of 16126
Well, as a postscript to my UN65ES8000 saga:

Set #4 from Amazon was a disaster. Had all of the problems from the first three - stuck pixels, dead pixels, and the worst banding of the 3 sets I've had (part of me wishes I had kept #3 with all good pixels and only very bad, not horrible banding)...

I asked if Amazon would extend their return window for me, which they said NO (thanks Amazon...)

So, I am returning this set and I am done with the UNES658000. I wish that my space would accept a 60" because I have only heard great things about that set, but my viewing distance and the amount of room we have in our entertainment center just begs for and deserves a 65" set. And as others have said, once you have a 65" set it is hard to go backwards.

Now I am off to figure out what to do about not having a TV between now and the time the UN65F8000 comes out (May? June? yikes)...

Any ideas on how to bridge the gap would be accepted!

I'll miss you guys on this forum. All of you have been very supportive and informative.

Perhaps one more post later on when I see what type of delivery person picks up the UN65ES8000 - if you remember Pilot sent out a 70-something deliveryman with double knee braces and his own personal 1982 Ford pickup truck to get set #3 back. God help the poor soul that ends up with that open box disaster. The guy loaded it in the truck like a farm animal and drove off with it on its side secured by a single bungee cord...

Hopefully this last pickup will be equally entertaining....

Lest you think I jest...

post #13524 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

feel free to save yourself some money and cancel the wow disc. You're going to get a better picture than you can tweak out of that by just using the settings that Jestered has in this thread (for 65") or even your own eyeballs. The first thing I did was buy that disc to and it was just a waste imo - $ better spent on a 3d movie.
Mmm, I dunno. IMO I'd keep the WoW bluray. It happened to give me the best calibration (not as good as a personal cal tool, mind you) compared to anything on the spreadsheet, as good as a couple of those were on my set. I just preferred the WoW results by far. It was a fun learning experience too. I'd say try it.
post #13525 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

Glenee, I have a 60" es8000 that is 100% free of banding. I understand that 99% of the banding reported is on the 65". Some people may say that it will apply to all sizes but it is definitely not on mine. I will be happy to provide screen shots when I am home to put credibility in my post.
Ditto. No banding on my 60" es8000 either.
post #13526 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

So I just got off the phone with Samsung. They are offering me two options:

1) Full refund, or
2) Exchange my 2012 55es8000 with a 2013 55f7500.

I also posted this in the F8000 thread:

I rejected the first offer- infact I was told by an Executive Customer Rep. I could ask for another model or continue to reject any/all offers until happy.

Two excellent links on Samsung exchanges and company policy:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/330#post_21817605

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1122258/a-brief-guide-to-samsung-customer-service-making-use-of-ecr

I hope you get the UN55F8000....
post #13527 of 16126
Galonzo, my FIOS set at 1080i and DVR series recording...almost Skyfall level detail.

Hamenoskili, you know it bro..that thousand dollar upcharge on my 8000 was one of the best buying decisions of all time. I would have been happy with the Sharp, I even considered the 70" which was still less than my 8000...but it would have left me "wanting"....since I have owned the 8000 I have wanted for nothing but to get home from work and watch this tv. LOL..oksy, I have been wanting for some Kate Beckinsdale but we can't have everything...not even after seeing the Elite, HX 8&9's or the vt50 would I trade for either one of those...not even if you bought my Sammy for a grand more than i paid for it...this is the one for the next 3 to 4 years....by that time the current new tech will be reasonable in price and the kinks ironed out.
post #13528 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony1717 View Post

Well, as a postscript to my UN65ES8000 saga:

Set #4 from Amazon was a disaster. Had all of the problems from the first three - stuck pixels, dead pixels, and the worst banding of the 3 sets I've had (part of me wishes I had kept #3 with all good pixels and only very bad, not horrible banding)...

I asked if Amazon would extend their return window for me, which they said NO (thanks Amazon...)

So, I am returning this set and I am done with the UNES658000. I wish that my space would accept a 60" because I have only heard great things about that set, but my viewing distance and the amount of room we have in our entertainment center just begs for and deserves a 65" set. And as others have said, once you have a 65" set it is hard to go backwards.

Now I am off to figure out what to do about not having a TV between now and the time the UN65F8000 comes out (May? June? yikes)...

Any ideas on how to bridge the gap would be accepted!

I'll miss you guys on this forum. All of you have been very supportive and informative.

Perhaps one more post later on when I see what type of delivery person picks up the UN65ES8000 - if you remember Pilot sent out a 70-something deliveryman with double knee braces and his own personal 1982 Ford pickup truck to get set #3 back. God help the poor soul that ends up with that open box disaster. The guy loaded it in the truck like a farm animal and drove off with it on its side secured by a single bungee cord...

Hopefully this last pickup will be equally entertaining....

Lest you think I jest...


Stories like this are tough to swallow as someone that needs a 65" for my space. Really not sure what to do. Don't want to go for the 70" Sharp or wait (and spend) so much on the F series. Really a tough decision and 60" just won't cut it.
post #13529 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony1717 View Post


Picture looks very fuzzy. Must have been a heavy, heavy downpour at that time eek.gif
Edited by turboman123 - 3/14/13 at 3:28am
post #13530 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I also posted this in the F8000 thread:

I rejected the first offer- infact I was told by an Executive Customer Rep. I could ask for another model or continue to reject any/all offers until happy.

Two excellent links on Samsung exchanges and company policy:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/330#post_21817605

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1122258/a-brief-guide-to-samsung-customer-service-making-use-of-ecr

I hope you get the UN55F8000....

Thanks buddy. I'm leaning towards getting the refund and then making an informed decision after having some more time to research. Currently the ES8000 goes for like $1700 on Amazon, and they would be reimbursing me $2200 (the price I bought it at back at that time). I have no idea what the value of the F7500 is, but I imagine it would be around the same ($2200 retail) considering that the 55F8000 is around $2600. I'd rather just get the cash in my hand than chance getting a TV I may not want. Plus, it appears the new TV stand on these models may present a problem for my TV table mount.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread