or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 497

post #14881 of 16125
Go read the F threads Schnura and feast up on all the issues.

Reality is design wise i love the F cuz it continues the theme of the ES. Clean and sexy...equal.

Performance wise; regarding PQ..my ES8000 is excellent, well worth the money. Standard mode displays excellent blacks, black bars etc and no flashlights, clouds or uniformity issues. Movie mode displays excellent color accuracy, blacks, black bars etc and very minimal flashlights while showing rare clouds and no other uniformity issues.

No perfect panel but the ES and F deliver what i expect from these technologies.

Gaming favors the ES based on gamers input.

Quadcore, so what...

Tablet, so what...

I use my Samsung bluray player (smart hub) for all streaming and have had zero issues.

Your opinion is valued and appreciated. What brand model and size are you using?
post #14882 of 16125
I have no reservations nor doubts whatsoever, regarding the pace of technology and the benefits that come with it.

In addition, I'm far from a "fanboy". What I am is a multi HD TV owner and a very satisfied UN60ES800 owner.

To make statement such as "MUCH MUCH better" would implicate to potential TV purchasers that the margin of improvement between the E and F models would be like comparing standard definition to high definition. From my perspective, something of that magnitude would qualify as "MUCH MUCH better". Accordingly, when people are making such claims in their posts, it becomes abundantly clear that they know not of what they speak, or ar just trying to raise the ire of participants.

Either way, their credibility suffers considerably when they make such unfounded claims or statements.

If there are improvements on a new product/model? Fine. Advise us of what you observed and list the advantages.
Edited by Tarob - 4/28/13 at 2:52pm
post #14883 of 16125
I just updated my Hulu Plus app on the ES8000 Smart Hub and I've noticed two really annoying issues. Standard Def content that originally had horizontal bars are now forced into full screen and I can no longer adjust the sound. Am I missing something somewhere? I've used a few different remotes and the joystick on the TV itself. Reeeeally annoying.

On another note, I just updated to 1052, I'm not sure if it is a result of this new FW or not.

Any help is appreciated.
Edited by tbris84 - 4/28/13 at 5:34pm
post #14884 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

On another note, I just updated to 1052

Interesting, I thought the latest firmware was 1048.. What do the release notes say for 1052??
post #14885 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post

Interesting, I thought the latest firmware was 1048.. What do the release notes say for 1052??
my tv says 1048 is current and no updates found
post #14886 of 16125
1052? I'm assuming you used a USB port flash drive to do the FW update. Is that correct?

If so, is there a chance you downloaded and installed the wrong firmware?
post #14887 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I just updated my Hulu Plus app on the ES8000 Smart Hub and I've noticed two really annoying issues. Standard Def content that originally had horizontal bars are now forced into full screen and I can no longer adjust the sound. Am I missing something somewhere? I've used a few different remotes and the joystick on the TV itself. Reeeeally annoying.

On another note, I just updated to 1052, I'm not sure if it is a result of this new FW or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi TBRIS,
I have checked everywhere all UK as well as USA Sites looking for a firmware Update that matches 1052 to No Avail. I did find the Latest Firmware update for the UN55F8000 and it is 1015.2 is there anyway you could of transposed the numbers you seen from 1015.2 to 1052. If that's the case I bet you downloaded the firmware for a 55F8000 and we all have UN55ES8000 which is not the same model. If you have a UN55ES8000 the firmware update of 1015.2 should of registered incompatabilty issue's when you tried to install it, unless you forced the download.
I don't know if this helps but check that Firmware number again.
post #14888 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

Hi TBRIS,
I have checked everywhere all UK as well as USA Sites looking for a firmware Update that matches 1052 to No Avail. I did find the Latest Firmware update for the UN55F8000 and it is 1015.2 is there anyway you could of transposed the numbers you seen from 1015.2 to 1052. If that's the case I bet you downloaded the firmware for a 55F8000 and we all have UN55ES8000 which is not the same model. If you have a UN55ES8000 the firmware update of 1015.2 should of registered incompatabilty issue's when you tried to install it, unless you forced the download.
I don't know if this helps but check that Firmware number again.

This is what he posted a few days ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I'm pretty excited, I am about to start an employee trial of the Xfinity TV app for Samsung Smart TV's this coming week. It comes with a flash drive containing FW 1052. Is 1052 already released? Or is this a new one? Hopefully they implement it well and I can share some pictures.
post #14889 of 16125
I updated to FW 1052 via a USB update from Comcast as a trial for the new Samsung Xfinity App. Which is also not working correctly yet, still waiting for email correspondence from them to troubleshoot it.

post #14890 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I updated to FW 1052 via a USB update from Comcast as a trial for the new Samsung Xfinity App. Which is also not working correctly yet, still waiting for email correspondence from them to troubleshoot it.

How are the updates to Angry Birds? wink.gif
post #14891 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

How are the updates to Angry Birds? wink.gif

haha. I don't have AB on my TV. Trying to get Hulu Plus and Xfinity TV app to work. frown.gif
post #14892 of 16125
Well it Damn sure is 1052. That flushes my theory down the drain now don't it. You also have a UN55ES800 well I'll just have to take my spanked a$$ back into hiding.
I appologize, I just thought you might of done what I do alot.
Glenee
post #14893 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

Well it Damn sure is 1052. That flushes my theory down the drain now don't it. You also have a UN55ES800 well I'll just have to take my spanked a$$ back into hiding.
I appologize, I just thought you might of done what I do alot.
Glenee

NP, I would've called BS on myself as well. Just wish one of the two companies would give me some sort of support. Too much to ask it seems.
post #14894 of 16125
My Question is, If I understand it correctly. Who the hell is Comcast to be giving out firmware Updates for somebody else's product anyway ?
post #14895 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

My Question is, If I understand it correctly. Who the hell is Comcast to be giving out firmware Updates for somebody else's product anyway ?

It's a Samsung/Comcast project. They're working together on it.
post #14896 of 16125
You can't believe the amount of complaints coming in on the F8000 Thread. I admit they are trying to do some different things with the set but, it is all things the set should be able to do without much problem. I guess there are people that expect more from a Display than just Displaying. I'm waiting to see if these are just new product Bugs or if Samsung dropped the Ball on this one. It could be they just have not found the right buttons yet.
post #14897 of 16125
I just want an excellent PQ, maybe Skype once in a blue moon. That's it. like i have said...i want a dumb tv with a great PQ. I feel i have it....and obviously this tv is dumb! wink.gif
post #14898 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

You can't believe the amount of complaints coming in on the F8000 Thread. I admit they are trying to do some different things with the set but, it is all things the set should be able to do without much problem. I guess there are people that expect more from a Display than just Displaying. I'm waiting to see if these are just new product Bugs or if Samsung dropped the Ball on this one. It could be they just have not found the right buttons yet.
Always happens on new electronics device threads. At least they can't complain about crummy battery life lol. Personally I don't see where a quad core processor is going to improve anyone's picture quality. Most of us don't go to the Smarthub on the TV at all. The PQ is largely determined by the quality of the panel, the type of panel (edge lit, plasma..) the picture settings (which is what this forum is mostly helpful for) and the source. And the new models have to have some jazzy features (microdimming, motion/voice control) for justify the price. I'd be interested to see an F8000 same size as mine.
post #14899 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

It's a Samsung/Comcast project. They're working together on it.

I see this as very good news that you can provide feedback to Samsung... Please tell them to unlock the aspect ratio function when using streaming video / movie apps.. This is why the aspect ration is fixed for HULU, VUDU, NetFlix and all the rest of them... It is very easy for Samsung to unlock the aspect ratios (16x9, screen fit, 4x3, zoom, shrink) for our choosing for streaming video. This will greatly improve all streaming video / movie interactive apps.. Especially a Comcast app with on demand streaming .

I have Comcast so i would look forward to the app if I cannot adjust the aspect ratio I will not be interested in using the Comcast app at all.

Currently, the only way to bypass the es8000's aspect lockout of video streaming of apps like VUDU, HULU, NetFlix etc, is to use your bluray players for these apps. Samsung can resolve this issue easily with firmware and unlock the greyed out aspect selection from within the picture menu as well as the TV's remote.

FYI... My prior Panasonic VT30 and LG LM9600 both let me have full aspect ratio control of all video streaming apps. This is only an issue with Samsung TV's.

Please pass the above information to Samsung, Thank you.
Edited by badabing - 4/30/13 at 4:05am
post #14900 of 16125
look what just happened damn it
post #14901 of 16125
Samsung sending someone out to replace the screen or the panel if you will
post #14902 of 16125
MONTEGOBLUGUY, how long have you had your tv? What panel, size and mfg date please?
post #14903 of 16125
How would I ever survive without this firmware...cutting edge stuff i tell ya!!!


1.This firmware is for TV Model(s): UN**ES7500 and UN**ES8000.
2.The version is 1048.4
3.This firmware update will improve the following:

- Support iOS Smart view app..

- Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app.....well, good to know the birds are supported in every firmware!!!!

- Improves performance of Smart Hub

- Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.

- Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500

- Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.

- Improves picture quality....really...exactly how and what does this FW do to improve PQ????

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.....how have I lived without it???

- Change the TV Power On command from ''Hi TV'' to ''Hi TV Power On'' or ''Smart TV'' to ''Smart TV Power On.''

All OS

Apr 18, 2013

ENGLISH
post #14904 of 16125
FINAL UPDATE!!!

Recap: I wasnt happy with my Samsung. A dead pixel appeared a few weeks after I had the TV. Motion issues during sports with AMP on or off. I didnt like that you couldn't turn micro dimming off. I was also horrified that instead of replacing the entire TV the tech replaced the panel. My six week old brand new Samsung TV on the floor in pieces. I was too late for a return or exchange. I got new cable lines put in my house, new splitters, new cable boxes etc etc. So I emailed the presidents office at Samsung. By the way thanks to the person on here who give me the contact.

That was Sunday, today someone actually called me back and set me up for a refund of $2197.99 at the store I purchased the TV at. She was a very nice lady who gave me her direct line and said I should be hearing from someone from the store in a week or so ( I wont hold my breath). I am sure I will have to call a few times to push this a long.

Now my next question is what the hell do I buy?Do I dare move up to the next Samsung model? or take my business elsewhere? The customer service has been A +++ despite what some say.
post #14905 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLyons1977 View Post

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Recap: I wasnt happy with my Samsung. A dead pixel appeared a few weeks after I had the TV. Motion issues during sports with AMP on or off. I didnt like that you couldn't turn micro dimming off. I was also horrified that instead of replacing the entire TV the tech replaced the panel. My six week old brand new Samsung TV on the floor in pieces. I was too late for a return or exchange. I got new cable lines put in my house, new splitters, new cable boxes etc etc. So I emailed the presidents office at Samsung. By the way thanks to the person on here who give me the contact.

That was Sunday, today someone actually called me back and set me up for a refund of $2197.99 at the store I purchased the TV at. She was a very nice lady who gave me her direct line and said I should be hearing from someone from the store in a week or so ( I wont hold my breath). I am sure I will have to call a few times to push this a long.

Now my next question is what the hell do I buy?Do I dare move up to the next Samsung model? or take my business elsewhere? The customer service has been A +++ despite what some say.

That's great that you got it taken care of. How did you get the president's email? Buy whatever you want. Be realistic, most of us are here because we like the sets we have, so don't look for bunch of useful suggestions. Moving up to the F8000 Sammy will cost you some dough. From what I've heard the Sony is a lot of money too. Maybe just go to happy hour, and stop by a BB on the way home, commit to buying the one that looks best for your $2200 refund, and make a decision.
post #14906 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

That's great that you got it taken care of. How did you get the president's email? Buy whatever you want. Be realistic, most of us are here because we like the sets we have, so don't look for bunch of useful suggestions. Moving up to the F8000 Sammy will cost you some dough. From what I've heard the Sony is a lot of money too. Maybe just go to happy hour, and stop by a BB on the way home, commit to buying the one that looks best for your $2200 refund, and make a decision.

Someone suggested on here that I email the president's office. Did some research and found it.

I like your logic. I am spending too much time researching and comparing. I am gonna go in the store and pick one out.
post #14907 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

MONTEGOBLUGUY, how long have you had your tv? What panel, size and mfg da te please?
about 3 months Its the HS01 Dec 2012 60" UN60ES8000F
post #14908 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLyons1977 View Post

Someone suggested on here that I email the president's office. Did some research and found it.

I like your logic. I am spending too much time researching and comparing. I am gonna go in the store and pick one out.

Maybe you watch too much TV? How about a fine book? smile.gif

Just kidding of course....

Whatever decision you make - - if you do not purchase a Samsung or Sony (IMHO) - just be prepared that even with all of the Sammy's faults - - the picture is phenomenal. My memory might be going so I'm not sure if you got a new F8000 replacement or you're referring to the ES series (panel replacement) - - but I have not heard of many problems, at all, with motion on the ES series.

At this point - - buy the best you like and hopefully it works out. These "hi tech" TV's are quite different than the old, dependable, "black and white" sets that you never had to worry about color, banding, shadow detail or anything else. tongue.gif
post #14909 of 16125
The third party repair shop told me that they are going to replace the whole panel and the mainboard and some other device I'm not sure of the name of it they also did ask me if the line is visible during the test picture option its just kinda sad I love this TV is the best panel I've ever seen as far as picture quality they also told me and maybe a wise decision to purchase the longest extended warranty possible because its a big possibility it will break again another thing that I noticed if you look at the back if you're looking at the sticker where it says evolution kit if you put your hand right at the top of the stickerafter the TV has been on for at least an hour it gets very hot right there I saw a picture of the TV with the rear panel removed and there's a grey looking sticky gummy thing stuck right on top of a chip I think that may be a major heat issue for these units after my repair I may look into putting some sort of cooling fans in the back breather vents
post #14910 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by montegoblueguy View Post

look what just happened damn it

Oh well - - at least it's a uniform line... Straight as an arrow!

All kidding aside - - sorry for the misfortune. Sounds like a panel or full TV replacement. It could be a board - - but it definitely should be fixed to your satisfaction.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread