or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 521

post #15601 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthephasdin View Post

Does anyone have links to where the Evolution Kit can be purchased now for under $200?
Amazon
post #15602 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthephasdin View Post

Does anyone have links to where the Evolution Kit can be purchased now for under $200?

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Samsung_SMART_EVOLUTION_KIT_BLACK/SEK1000ZA/11893264/
post #15603 of 16126
Cost Central was sold out the other day. Thanks for the link.
post #15604 of 16126
I am thinking about getting the Smart Evolution Kit... I have seen some reports of the SEK running very hot.. That got me worried. So I placed my hand on the backside of the TV where the SEK sticker is.. The sticker felt warm. I then moved my hand up higher than the SEK sticker and noticed that area of the backside of the TV was roasting hot.. Does the dual core reside in that area?
post #15605 of 16126
@10k, have you received your bias lighting kit it? If you did, what do you think?
post #15606 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post

I am thinking about getting the Smart Evolution Kit... I have seen some reports of the SEK running very hot.. That got me worried. So I placed my hand on the backside of the TV where the SEK sticker is.. The sticker felt warm. I then moved my hand up higher than the SEK sticker and noticed that area of the backside of the TV was roasting hot.. Does the dual core reside in that area?

badabing,

I am gonna stay on the sidelines on the SEK most likely until it's 2nd generation or longer. In all forum threads I've silently observed, I've seen a small number of detailed reports showing positive results and a larger number of reports showing neutral to negative results. I expected a larger number of posters to report on this.

My es8000 has performed as expected; smoothly, flawlessly and I'm absolutely content. Since I don't use the 8000's SmartHub I feel no pressure to jump in.

I've not heard any statement saying the new remote can control a soundbar or AVR. Did I miss that fact somewhere because that ability would interest me. I use HarmonyOne to control all except the deepest layers of any menu needed.

Pic quality improvements are all I'm interested in with the kit and I've seen very little substantiated reports of that being the case.

Pricing; I don't care...i'd pay way over 200 for the SEK if it provided what I was looking for: Pic quality improvements and a remote that controls soundbar/avr as well as a few other items.
post #15607 of 16126
Hello everyone,

I have the Asian model UA55ES8000, and I'm confused what calibration settings are recommended.
I am considering using "Garnoch" calibration but is for 1047 Firmware and I have the last one .
There is a difference calibration for each Firmware ?
post #15608 of 16126
Topaz, you should be quite safe experimenting with Garnochs settings and tweak from there for your own preferences. To my knowledge 1046.2 was the last firmware that showed positive impact on picture quality as mentioned by quite a few posters back in late jan early feb.
post #15609 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

badabing,

I am gonna stay on the sidelines on the SEK most likely until it's 2nd generation or longer. In all forum threads I've silently observed, I've seen a small number of detailed reports showing positive results and a larger number of reports showing neutral to negative results. I expected a larger number of posters to report on this.

My es8000 has performed as expected; smoothly, flawlessly and I'm absolutely content. Since I don't use the 8000's SmartHub I feel no pressure to jump in.

I've not heard any statement saying the new remote can control a soundbar or AVR. Did I miss that fact somewhere because that ability would interest me. I use HarmonyOne to control all except the deepest layers of any menu needed.

Pic quality improvements are all I'm interested in with the kit and I've seen very little substantiated reports of that being the case.

Pricing; I don't care...i'd pay way over 200 for the SEK if it provided what I was looking for: Pic quality improvements and a remote that controls soundbar/avr as well as a few other items.


The new remote from what I've seen can only power on and switch the source of the receiver; if you have ARC enabled then you can also control it's volume. You press the "more" button on the controller to bring up an on screen menu and then you swipe left or right until you see two HTS icons (one is for switching source and the other is for powering it on/off).
post #15610 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap_167 View Post

The new remote from what I've seen can only power on and switch the source of the receiver; if you have ARC enabled then you can also control it's volume. You press the "more" button on the controller to bring up an on screen menu and then you swipe left or right until you see two HTS icons (one is for switching source and the other is for powering it on/off).

I appreciate the input Cap_167; My 8000 sends audio out via the optical to a soundbar. (my 5.1 system is in the gameroom)... would you agree that in that configuration the Samsung remote will not control volume of the soundbar? In the past 14 months on both this thread and the soundbar thread I've not heard one person say that the Sammy remote will control volume of a soundbar.
post #15611 of 16126
anyone have any good 3D calibration/settings to share?
post #15612 of 16126
It seems the issue happens if I pause a screen for a long time in Blu-ray. If I use Samsung's TV apps, for example, Smart TV - Netflix, it will freeze if I touch TV's volume controls (assuming I paused the screen for a while to trigger this problem).

Samsung warranty service wants to replace a LCD panel. Not sure if it would fix the problem or not but at least I think they will try everything until it is resolved. Not sure how I feel about it for a 3 months old TV and the LCD panel will be replaced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

Hi,

I remembered seeing these screen issue before. It happened to me tonight:



Regardess of my source (AVR and TV box), the screen will freeze to the above screen after a 20 seconds. It will freeze for 10-20 seconds. During this moment, it won't respond to the remote. This happened before but it went away with power off / on. Tonight it won't go away.

Any insights?
post #15613 of 16126
Do you guys know how to get this message to stop coming on? I have anynet turned off as it kept changing my receiver inputs. I leave my cable box on 24/7 so I dont know why this message it coming on.

post #15614 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Do you guys know how to get this message to stop coming on? I have anynet turned off as it kept changing my receiver inputs. I leave my cable box on 24/7 so I dont know why this message it coming on.


I get that all the time & have to dig out the tv remote every time. Seems to happen when you turn off one source and switch to another. For instance, if I were to switch from the Xbox to Dish from HDMI input 2 on my Denon AVR, without turning off the Xbox first, I wouldn't get the message. But if I turn the Xbox off first, and then switch sources on the AVR, it doesn't detect a source and the message appears. Annoying.
post #15615 of 16126
Hi

Looking for opinions on this. Does anyone have an idea of what a 65es8000 would go for used and if there is any real market for them? I'm thinking about selling mine after ten months of use.. I guess I have the bug to go bigger already . Thanks appreciate it
post #15616 of 16126
I never used to get this before the EK. Frustrating, I gotta figure it out it will drive me nuts....
post #15617 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

I never used to get this before the EK. Frustrating, I gotta figure it out it will drive me nuts....

I'll PM Eagle. I couldn't find a solution, but if there is one I'm sure they've already gone over it in the F8000 thread. Last time he came here and posted in this thread it was because I PM'd him and asked him about the motion resolution and other things that were supposed to be improved by the quad core. He was very helpful
post #15618 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

I appreciate the input Cap_167; My 8000 sends audio out via the optical to a soundbar. (my 5.1 system is in the gameroom)... would you agree that in that configuration the Samsung remote will not control volume of the soundbar? In the past 14 months on both this thread and the soundbar thread I've not heard one person say that the Sammy remote will control volume of a soundbar.


Not really sure. Pressing Source and then navigating to the top right hand side of the screen (next to Tools) it has a Universal Remote Setup option. Once you are there it will ask if your audio speakers are connected through its HDMI or Optical input thus being able to control the volume. So there might be a possibility that it may.
post #15619 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

It seems the issue happens if I pause a screen for a long time in Blu-ray. If I use Samsung's TV apps, for example, Smart TV - Netflix, it will freeze if I touch TV's volume controls (assuming I paused the screen for a while to trigger this problem).

Samsung warranty service wants to replace a LCD panel. Not sure if it would fix the problem or not but at least I think they will try everything until it is resolved. Not sure how I feel about it for a 3 months old TV and the LCD panel will be replaced...

I had the same thing happen to my tv and they replaced the panel, this is not to say they replaced the whole insides, they took the silver frame off and undid a bunch of computer like cables from the cpu, and the motherboard, removed them and then put the new panel which has the t-con board attached to it.

Look at post #13840,page 462, about a third of the way down the page, and post #14025, page 468, down the page almost half way.
These pages have pictures of what I had, and what they did....:-) good luck, and hope this helps you.
post #15620 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

I get that all the time & have to dig out the tv remote every time. Seems to happen when you turn off one source and switch to another. For instance, if I were to switch from the Xbox to Dish from HDMI input 2 on my Denon AVR, without turning off the Xbox first, I wouldn't get the message. But if I turn the Xbox off first, and then switch sources on the AVR, it doesn't detect a source and the message appears. Annoying.

I get this too, and sometimes I also have the HTS, on/off and HTS, source icons...along with it. I have gone through the set up several times to make sure I have the system set up properly etc. Still comes up...
post #15621 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

badabing,

I am gonna stay on the sidelines on the SEK most likely until it's 2nd generation or longer. In all forum threads I've silently observed, I've seen a small number of detailed reports showing positive results and a larger number of reports showing neutral to negative results. I expected a larger number of posters to report on this.

My es8000 has performed as expected; smoothly, flawlessly and I'm absolutely content. Since I don't use the 8000's SmartHub I feel no pressure to jump in.

I've not heard any statement saying the new remote can control a soundbar or AVR. Did I miss that fact somewhere because that ability would interest me. I use HarmonyOne to control all except the deepest layers of any menu needed.

Pic quality improvements are all I'm interested in with the kit and I've seen very little substantiated reports of that being the case.

Pricing; I don't care...i'd pay way over 200 for the SEK if it provided what I was looking for: Pic quality improvements and a remote that controls soundbar/avr as well as a few other items.

True, if it added picture quality features of the "F" series like Cinema Black I would drop the $$$$$$ tomorrow.. The SEK was released a while ago, what has me concerned is that Best Buy has none in stock.. Perhaps the 1st gen built have unresolved issues or just a,shortage.. Either way, it was launched a while ago and is listed to be in Best Buy stores as well as online... Well guess what, more than a month after launch and the Big Chain stores like Best Buy have no inventory at any of their retail locations... Sure, it can be ordered at Best Buy.. But why no in store availability as indicated on their website through a search of local stores???

I just hope they come out with a killer firmware update soon, then maybe i'll reconsider... I would have also dropped the $$$$$$ right now if it just added one more HDMI input. All of the new HDTV's have four HDMI input jacks. The ES8000 is one of the few HDTV's that only has three HDMI inputs.. The others are lower priced models.. I should not have to purchase a HDMI switcher or HDMI receiver to get a fourth HDMi input that other HDTV's are offering.
Edited by badabing - 7/10/13 at 3:44am
post #15622 of 16126
Hi Guys!! M new here. i have a problem wid my Sammy 55ES8000. i got this masterpiece from Thailand. when i check the firmware in setup, it says version 1022. but when i check it online it says there are no newer version is available. but i have seen in this thread the software version 1085 and many more. can somebody help me in this. why cant i see the newer version like 1085. and how do i upgrade it.

currently i am using this TV in INDIA.

Thanks in Advance. smile.gif
post #15623 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahul Gautam View Post

Hi Guys!! M new here. i have a problem wid my Sammy 55ES8000. i got this masterpiece from Thailand. when i check the firmware in setup, it says version 1022. but when i check it online it says there are no newer version is available. but i have seen in this thread the software version 1085 and many more. can somebody help me in this. why cant i see the newer version like 1085. and how do i upgrade it.

currently i am using this TV in INDIA.

Thanks in Advance. smile.gif
TV's purchased in different countries can be and usually are different. They also use different software versions. You would need to see what software version is for your country.
Edited by eric3316 - 7/10/13 at 5:51am
post #15624 of 16126
Hi everyone - I've got a Sammy un65es8000 connected to a Denton AVR-1912. Installed the darbee 5000 last night, updated my anytime cec+ settings and it found an "ADI repeater".

However the ARC function to play back audio via my receiver connected speakers is gone now (pandora and amazon apps). I can only get sound via the TV speaker.

The only other thought I had is maybe the additional hdmi cable I introduced in the darbee connection isn't 1.4?

anyone else have this issue?
post #15625 of 16126
Thanks for the info. I might have seen your pictures before but with your info it will be easier to find. They are replacing my panel next week. Interesting enough, the problem is now gone, perhaps b/c I haven't pause the Bluray "long enough".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjcat View Post

I had the same thing happen to my tv and they replaced the panel, this is not to say they replaced the whole insides, they took the silver frame off and undid a bunch of computer like cables from the cpu, and the motherboard, removed them and then put the new panel which has the t-con board attached to it.

Look at post #13840,page 462, about a third of the way down the page, and post #14025, page 468, down the page almost half way.
These pages have pictures of what I had, and what they did....:-) good luck, and hope this helps you.
post #15626 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyDRB View Post

Hi everyone - I've got a Sammy un65es8000 connected to a Denton AVR-1912. Installed the darbee 5000 last night, updated my anytime cec+ settings and it found an "ADI repeater".

However the ARC function to play back audio via my receiver connected speakers is gone now (pandora and amazon apps). I can only get sound via the TV speaker.

The only other thought I had is maybe the additional hdmi cable I introduced in the darbee connection isn't 1.4?

anyone else have this issue?

Looks like I can answer my own question. Big meh...No go on the arc functionality...it's a "design feature" of the product. Anyone know how much improvement on the es8000 PQ the Darbee has on Directv's transmission?

Wonder if I should just put it on the bluray player?
post #15627 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Do you guys know how to get this message to stop coming on? I have anynet turned off as it kept changing my receiver inputs. I leave my cable box on 24/7 so I dont know why this message it coming on.


Yeah I get this since I installed the Evo Kit. I also have a cable STB on all the time. My Bluray is a Samsung so I have Anynet on and my AVR goes to HDMI2 on the TV. It's kind of a pain and the message seems to come up when I switch sources. I use the TV remote to make it go away. Hey we watched Hansel and Gretel BD last night. That's great flick. I didn't think I'd like it but wow, the graphics are awesome. I used the default BD mode.
post #15628 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

Yeah I get this since I installed the Evo Kit. I also have a cable STB on all the time. My Bluray is a Samsung so I have Anynet on and my AVR goes to HDMI2 on the TV. It's kind of a pain and the message seems to come up when I switch sources. I use the TV remote to make it go away. Hey we watched Hansel and Gretel BD last night. That's great flick. I didn't think I'd like it but wow, the graphics are awesome. I used the default BD mode.

So every time I changed sources, turned on the TV fresh, hell if the PS3 goes black while loading a game it would come on. I had enough so I edited out my cable box and receiver from the TV remote setup. My Samsung remote can no longer change my channels or receiver sound, but frankly I use my harmony anyway.
post #15629 of 16126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

So every time I changed sources, turned on the TV fresh, hell if the PS3 goes black while loading a game it would come on. I had enough so I edited out my cable box and receiver from the TV remote setup. My Samsung remote can no longer change my channels or receiver sound, but frankly I use my harmony anyway.
That's a drag. I don't use my BD or Apple TV3 very often, mostly cable, so it's not that bad for me. I really like using the new remote to select channels and volume, it's pretty slick.
post #15630 of 16126
Does anyone know what the sales figures are for the Evo kit? I was hoping they are selling enough of them to continue R&D through next year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread