or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 530

post #15871 of 16125
Yup ... Thanksgiving in Canada is in October ahead of you guys ..

and I've been on the phone with Samsung for the whole time 5 calls since last Friday, they keep saying there Server is down, call back in 2 days ...honestly what kind of company takes 2 days to update their server ????
Then they tried to make me do a factory reset !! which I refused as I had my TV calibrated professionally and the reset would remove that. They insist on doing so.
I explained it is Samsung app issue as the problem is to do with the apps in their Smart Hub ..well today smart hub is down ..nothing works and they advised again it would take 2 days to fix !!!!!!!!!
Is this acceptable ???
the error message when I access Netflix apps is { "We are unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp"}
post #15872 of 16125
I live in San Bernardino Ca. and have been having this same issue since Friday 10/18. Very frustrating.
post #15873 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung UN65ES View Post

Yup ... Thanksgiving in Canada is in October ahead of you guys ..

and I've been on the phone with Samsung for the whole time 5 calls since last Friday, they keep saying there Server is down, call back in 2 days ...honestly what kind of company takes 2 days to update their server ????
Then they tried to make me do a factory reset !! which I refused as I had my TV calibrated professionally and the reset would remove that. They insist on doing so.
I explained it is Samsung app issue as the problem is to do with the apps in their Smart Hub ..well today smart hub is down ..nothing works and they advised again it would take 2 days to fix !!!!!!!!!
Is this acceptable ???
the error message when I access Netflix apps is { "We are unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp"}
Just spend 2 hrs on the phone with Samsung Support, they troubleshooted via their Remote support ..still problem not solved ..they escalated the call, will see when I hear back from them ..
at this point I am so Frustrated, disappointed at them mad.gif
post #15874 of 16125
I had some network problems this past Saturday that wouldn't let me access multiple apps (not just Netflix). But the issue was resolved Sunday and I haven't had any problems since.
post #15875 of 16125
As of a couple of months ago, I'm unable to locate any WiFi networks via my Samsung UN60ES8000.

In Network settings, when I click "start" to search for networks, it scans, displays the available networks for a split second, then stops scanning. Is there a solution for this?

I've called Best Buy and they are sending a technician in early November. However, if there's an easier solution, I'm all ears. Thanks.
post #15876 of 16125
Suddenly I cannot connect to Netflix or other Smart TV apps saying Network connecting problem. I can connect to my router but not the Internet. All my other devices (computers, iPhone, VOIP, ...) function fine. I think it's a Samsung problem.

Anyone has the same issue?
post #15877 of 16125
No problems like that here. Watched Netflix last night.
post #15878 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Been MIA for awhile, but there was a killer one-day sale on the Darblet yesterday so I bit on one. Will report back.
Been MIA awhile too. How's that Darblet working for you, I've been tempted to get one. You have the EVO Kit right? My unit did a weird thing last week. All of a sudden it wouldn't play through the AVR no matter what I did. So I put it through the TV speakers and looked up **** in the manual the next day for a setting. I saw some "updating" message on the screen briefly, didn't see details. The next day the TV was playing throught the AVR again like magic. I didn't do anything. Maybe the Samsung people were messing with the TV is my guess. The thing still looks great.
post #15879 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdude View Post

My question is about colour settings on my UE40ES8000 fitted with Evolution Kit with latest 2006.2 firmware.

As far as colour settings are concerned, I use 10k's settings like the ones posted on page 399 of this thread.
These settings, both standard as well as film are just fine for me. That is, they are fine in combination with my cable set top box.

I also have USB disk drives on my tv to play films. I'm sure these films are prime quality 1080p.
The settings which work wonders for my set top box are actually no good for my USB material.

First of all: why is that? Why is it that these settings are good for tv viewing, but way off for watching films from USB disk?
And even more importantly: How can I fix this?
Surely I need to fiddle around with colour settings, but after a lot of fiddling, I can't seem to find a good setting anymore.
The most striking in the image colour is that there seems to be a greenish haze over the screen.
Switching from standard to natural removes the green, but that washes out detail.

Advice is highly appreciated.

I had a look with a friends ES8000 and 10k's Movie settings recently. I know calibration is not copying settings and what works with one tv doesn't another. However, his gains are messed up with the contrast. You can't have 100% contrast with 49 green gain. It's one click from maxed out. I checked it out with the AVS 709 disc and the contrast flashing bar patterns are badly looking lime. Hence why you're seeing this green haze. I also noticed with the contrast set to 100 and G-Gain to 49 that the bars were clipping up to 247. Rather than flashing all the way down to 253.

10k's settings might be working fine via his HTPC setup but not for regular tv viewing. To have 100 contrast the gains have to come down into the low 30s or back off the contrast as there's lots of clipping. Anything above 33 - 35 gain the bars start changing hue.
post #15880 of 16125
Thanks for your imput!
post #15881 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post

I had a look with a friends ES8000 and 10k's Movie settings recently. I know calibration is not copying settings and what works with one tv doesn't another. However, his gains are messed up with the contrast. You can't have 100% contrast with 49 green gain. It's one click from maxed out. I checked it out with the AVS 709 disc and the contrast flashing bar patterns are badly looking lime. Hence why you're seeing this green haze. I also noticed with the contrast set to 100 and G-Gain to 49 that the bars were clipping up to 247. Rather than flashing all the way down to 253.

10k's settings might be working fine via his HTPC setup but not for regular tv viewing. To have 100 contrast the gains have to come down into the low 30s or back off the contrast as there's lots of clipping. Anything above 33 - 35 gain the bars start changing hue.

The reason his green gain is bumped up that high is you are able to bump up the contrast ratio and still balance the colors. Note that it is gain and not offset. You can max out contrast to 100 on movie mode and not get clipping, the same cannot be said for standard mode however. That said I was not able to fully max out g-gain before I would get clipping when I was calibrating. After playing a lot in the past with settings I have been using standard mode exclusively over movie mode.
post #15882 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

Been MIA awhile too. How's that Darblet working for you, I've been tempted to get one. You have the EVO Kit right? My unit did a weird thing last week. All of a sudden it wouldn't play through the AVR no matter what I did. So I put it through the TV speakers and looked up **** in the manual the next day for a setting. I saw some "updating" message on the screen briefly, didn't see details. The next day the TV was playing throught the AVR again like magic. I didn't do anything. Maybe the Samsung people were messing with the TV is my guess. The thing still looks great.

Jury is still out. The effect is definitely noticeable but subtle. Need to spend more time with it.

After I had my original EK replaced, which must have been defective, my EK has been rock solid.
post #15883 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

The reason his green gain is bumped up that high is you are able to bump up the contrast ratio and still balance the colors. Note that it is gain and not offset. You can max out contrast to 100 on movie mode and not get clipping, the same cannot be said for standard mode however. That said I was not able to fully max out g-gain before I would get clipping when I was calibrating. After playing a lot in the past with settings I have been using standard mode exclusively over movie mode.

That makes no sense. The AVS 709 disc shows awful lime through the contrast pattern in Movie mode. If it was calibrated properly the contrast pattern should remain grey bars. Not lime flashing bars. After all, the person said they noticed the green cast hence where the problem lies. The green gain is far too high for 100 contrast. High gain and high contrast clips in Movie mode.

Read Michael's site. www.tlvexp.ca

Contrast tint shouldn't be happening.

Even your Movie gains isn't in the 30s.
Edited by xvfx - 10/26/13 at 5:50pm
post #15884 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post

That makes no sense. The AVS 709 disc shows awful lime through the contrast pattern in Movie mode. If it was calibrated properly the contrast pattern should remain grey bars. Not lime flashing bars. After all, the person said they noticed the green cast hence where the problem lies. The green gain is far too high for 100 contrast. High gain and high contrast clips in Movie mode.

Read Michael's site. www.tlvexp.ca

Contrast tint shouldn't be happening.

Even your Movie gains isn't in the 30s.

Dont know what to tell you, Ive spent a lot of time with this set, AVS709, calman and my colorimeter. I have no lime flashing bars on my calibrated set.
post #15885 of 16125
Just got DirecTv hooked up. Got the Genuie reciever HD. Any tips on adj the settings for best picture ? I had AT&T before :-/
post #15886 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDenham View Post

Just got DirecTv hooked up. Got the Genuie reciever HD. Any tips on adj the settings for best picture ? I had AT&T before :-/

Other than the obvious settings. The one setting I would check is to make sure the output Video is set to Native. Then make sure the Display Screen setting is on Screen Fit.
post #15887 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post

I had a look with a friends ES8000 and 10k's Movie settings recently. I know calibration is not copying settings and what works with one tv doesn't another. However, his gains are messed up with the contrast. You can't have 100% contrast with 49 green gain. It's one click from maxed out. I checked it out with the AVS 709 disc and the contrast flashing bar patterns are badly looking lime. Hence why you're seeing this green haze. I also noticed with the contrast set to 100 and G-Gain to 49 that the bars were clipping up to 247. Rather than flashing all the way down to 253.

10k's settings might be working fine via his HTPC setup but not for regular tv viewing. To have 100 contrast the gains have to come down into the low 30s or back off the contrast as there's lots of clipping. Anything above 33 - 35 gain the bars start changing hue.
It depends on the panel also. If you look at user jestered's settings (65" es8000) you see that he has pretty different settings than I came up with (55" es8000). Mavinwow and I got similar results as we both have the 55" so I think it comes down to the different size panels being too different to use common settings.

See his settings here - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/11910#post_22933311

As far as clipping, I don't have it. You can see from my calibration charts that I have white in balance all the way through grayscale so unfortunately I don't have much else to offer. It is well worth getting a colormunki display and using hcfr. The difference in picture quality is truly striking.

All that said, I have ended up with using Standard mode all the time. I like the blacker blacks it gets and have just accepted those weird transitions when the backlight is changing to adapt to the content on the screen.
post #15888 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

Other than the obvious settings. The one setting I would check is to make sure the output Video is set to Native. Then make sure the Display Screen setting is on Screen Fit.
Sweet thanks man. I'm pretty happy with DirecTv HD pic quality.
post #15889 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDenham View Post

Sweet thanks man. I'm pretty happy with DirecTv HD pic quality.
In the overall scheme of things there is none better on a consistent Basis.
post #15890 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

It depends on the panel also. If you look at user jestered's settings (65" es8000) you see that he has pretty different settings than I came up with (55" es8000). Mavinwow and I got similar results as we both have the 55" so I think it comes down to the different size panels being too different to use common settings.

See his settings here - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/11910#post_22933311

As far as clipping, I don't have it. You can see from my calibration charts that I have white in balance all the way through grayscale so unfortunately I don't have much else to offer. It is well worth getting a colormunki display and using hcfr. The difference in picture quality is truly striking.

All that said, I have ended up with using Standard mode all the time. I like the blacker blacks it gets and have just accepted those weird transitions when the backlight is changing to adapt to the content on the screen.

10k, we have the same panel.. Just curious to know if you have the evo kit installed and if you made any changes to your settings after installing it?
post #15891 of 16125
No evo kit here, feel free to buy me one lol biggrin.gif
post #15892 of 16125
No Evo kit here either. Still on fw 1046.2. Picture is better than ever On my 60". Still using my Samsung bluray e6500 for all streaming et etc. Extremely happy with purchase. In 4 years, hopefully a 65 or 70" oled 4k panel is affordable along with extensive availability and selection of content. wink.gif
Edited by Bladerunner1959 - 10/30/13 at 2:47pm
post #15893 of 16125
Ditto - - no Evo kit. I do not surf the web via my TV - - I have a Tablet for that.

I like the quality and soundtracks of Bluray versus streaming - - although I do have an Sony BDP-S790 for streaming Amazon Prime content - but I rarely use it. OPPO 103 for movies.

Directv "Whole House" - - which is really nice. Lots of movies, too, but not enough time to watch everything.

Fabulous picture - - I haven't connected to the Internet with my Sammy set in months.

But!!! Hoping the Evo Kit gets better and better - - maybe three years down the road - - if it can improve existing picture?
post #15894 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by prme19 View Post

10k, we have the same panel.. Just curious to know if you have the evo kit installed and if you made any changes to your settings after installing it?

I have an Evo Kit but have been too lazy to recalibrate. I also recently added a Darbee Darblet to my chain so I probably should run a fresh set of numbers.
post #15895 of 16125
When I got my Evo Kit I just copied the old Standard settings that Garnoch (RIP!) came up with. I had tried some other's settings but these seemed to be the ones we liked the best. What I try and do is use my wife as the impartial observer for PQ.
post #15896 of 16125
Hey fellas needing some info.

1st. I'm having some issue with what seems to be picture quality fuzz when watching Directv channels. Espically during darker scenes it can be seen.I started noticing this when I had re arranged my wires etc and had put a dresser underneath the tv and had to bend the Coax Cable coming out from the wall. And also notice there's a slight bend in my HDMI cables coming out the input slots could this cause pic fuzz ?

2nd I hooked up a soundbar thru fiber optic input. What's the difference between the DVI and ARC HDMI input on the tv ? Which one should I use ?
post #15897 of 16125
A sharp Bend in a HDMI cable can sure cause some problems. We used to see it all the time when people had closed back entertainment centers. People would hook them up, check them out and have perfect picture until the wife decides it would look better just pushed in a 1/2 inch.
post #15898 of 16125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

A sharp Bend in a HDMI cable can sure cause some problems. We used to see it all the time when people had closed back entertainment centers. People would hook them up, check them out and have perfect picture until the wife decides it would look better just pushed in a 1/2 inch.

Thanks bud. I did notice a crease bend in the HDMI cord coming from the tv input. Maybe I ruined the cable ?
post #15899 of 16125
...
Edited by Highland Logan - 1/3/14 at 3:39am
post #15900 of 16125
Going to wait a few more days.


Upgrade File (Firmware) (ver.1054.4)

This firmware is for TV Model(s): UN**ES7500 and UN**ES8000.
The version is 1054.4
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Supports 2013 Evolution Kit(SEK-1000)

- Solves Netflix login issue

- Support iOS Smart view app..

- Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app..

- Improves performance of Smart Hub

- Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.

- Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500

- Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.

- Improves picture quality.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

- Change the TV Power On command from ''Hi TV'' to ''Hi TV Power On'' or ''Smart TV'' to ''Smart TV Power On.''

All OS Nov 5, 2013 ENGLISH 192.69
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread